M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
worcej
Posts: 3005
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 471

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4161 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 pm
Thanks for hosting, Chaqa & e.m.c

BG and dargo as MVPs!

Heard about Jamie's upcoming game in the GT, the theme seems scary and amazing.

I think it might be THAT game where people can't resist signing-up
You all are definitely in for a treat - Jamie has made a good setup!
2

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2279
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 1504
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4162 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:06 pm

Chaqstein and einqa... Thanks!
4

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2279
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 1504
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4163 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:13 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 pm
Thanks for hosting, Chaqa & e.m.c

BG and dargo as MVPs!

Heard about Jamie's upcoming game in the GT, the theme seems scary and amazing.

I think it might be THAT game where people can't resist signing-up
You all are definitely in for a treat - Jamie has made a good setup!
I expect nothing else. Can't wait to see it!
1

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2279
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 1504
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4164 Post by dargorygel » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:14 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 pm
Thanks for hosting, Chaqa & e.m.c

BG and dargo as MVPs!

Heard about Jamie's upcoming game in the GT, the theme seems scary and amazing.

I think it might be THAT game where people can't resist signing-up
You all are definitely in for a treat - Jamie has made a good setup!
I expect nothing else. Can't wait to see it!
1

Temasek22
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Not Singapore
Karma: 112

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4165 Post by Temasek22 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 pm

Gg guys. We messed up badly, but hey, the setup was pro town anyways~~~ (let's face it even if scum was OP I'll still lose anyway)

Also, my win rate after 3 games is still a big fat zero, goddammit man...
1

Temasek22
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Not Singapore
Karma: 112

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4166 Post by Temasek22 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Thanks to the GM team for hosting! Also, can't wait to finally pick up a win sometime ;)
1

e.m.c^42
Posts: 2005
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 596

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4167 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:42 pm

There's plenty of things to say post-game, but I forgot most of it :)

First on all, hope you guys enjoyed playing, despite the sad lack of memes on our part

But the one thing that stood out to me, was that I feel mafia misused the hammer role, and it played a rather large role in them being outed, asides from the fact that most were blatant lurkers - there existed very many ways to hide it to the point of, well, it being essentially impossible for town to find it.

but then Squigs went and outright smashed lol

Valid strategy, but (personally) I would've sacrificed Ezio to post the phrase and vote, so "fake-hammering" while Squigs has real power, since he was one of scummiest

like, c'mon, there was the extremely tempting option to troll town over three times, and y'all didn't take it XD
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 230

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4168 Post by BobMcBob » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:06 am

Oh no, I didn't reply to the philosoraptor's message, I must be scum! GG, it was a good (albeit slightly unbalanced) experience.
2

Vecna
Posts: 3066
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 183

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4169 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:39 am

@Darg:

At the end of N2, I was refreshing the game with my pm window open, hoping you would tell us who you were swapping 1 minute before deadline (I wasnt aware you couldnt self-target).

When I saw you werent swapping yourself I changed my infect order with like 10s to go until deadline.

I thought it was pretty funny that I managed to get that order in in time (and have you infect everyone for me). Turns out it didnt matter as you never were able to swap yourself lol.

Seems the mods didnt post that msg to the god qt. (not sure if I tagged it as such)
3

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1361
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 432
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4170 Post by TrPrado » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:54 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 pm
Gg guys. We messed up badly, but hey, the setup was pro town anyways~~~ (let's face it even if scum was OP I'll still lose anyway)

Also, my win rate after 3 games is still a big fat zero, goddammit man...
And you died right when you would’ve made the most entertaining move in the game.

I had convinced Tem to steal bozo’s second medium to use on Jamie so that he couldn’t bring Kitsune back, which would’ve been absolutely hilarious if it had worked.
1

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2279
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 1504
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4171 Post by dargorygel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:03 am

Vecna wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:39 am
@Darg:

At the end of N2, I was refreshing the game with my pm window open, hoping you would tell us who you were swapping 1 minute before deadline (I wasnt aware you couldnt self-target).

When I saw you werent swapping yourself I changed my infect order with like 10s to go until deadline.

I thought it was pretty funny that I managed to get that order in in time (and have you infect everyone for me). Turns out it didnt matter as you never were able to swap yourself lol.

Seems the mods didnt post that msg to the god qt. (not sure if I tagged it as such)
That's funny... I did a lot of annoying changing of my orders.
.
1

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 am
Karma: 31

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4172 Post by KalelChase » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:20 am

Thanks so much for running this one guys. I enjoyed it very much, and it showed me the other (winning) side of the coin. Can't wait to play again with all of you especially since I have my meta-behaviors set up in spreadsheet 3.0
2

FlaviusAetius
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 am
Karma: 135

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4173 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 am

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:57 pm
Also, while my defenses were based in some degree on me having prior knowledge, the conclusions I argued against were so annoyingly premature that even if I were town I'd make the same arguments.
people had their opinions on you, there was no changing it especially since there wasnt a lot of talking
1

FlaviusAetius
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 am
Karma: 135

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4174 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 am

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:09 pm
Also... I was prohibited from driving myself. But no one seemed to know that. So I said I was going that a couple of times, which might have saved me.

Good game all!!
sorry i didnt save you
1

FlaviusAetius
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 am
Karma: 135

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4175 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:33 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:46 pm
Jamie's fakeclaim was the Vig. If only he had gotten to shoot his gun and claim...
For the record, I was on the bus home at EoD when BunnyGo fakeclaimed Vig. I logged onto the computer when I got home, with the intention of hardclaiming Vig (I'd softed it several times) and blasting BunnyGo, only to find that he had shot me dead about 5 minutes earlier. That's how close it was.

I also nearly shot Xorxes on D1, but changed my mind and held my shot.
us shooting jamie, and me looking at xorxes, legit had no backing behind we, we were just shooting from the hip, haha it was real luck
1

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 2279
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 1504
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4176 Post by dargorygel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:57 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:09 pm
Also... I was prohibited from driving myself. But no one seemed to know that. So I said I was going that a couple of times, which might have saved me.

Good game all!!
sorry i didnt save you
I forgive you... 😎
1

damo666
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 279

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4177 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:12 am

Gg all

Thank you GMs

@Squigs any chance of an update to your spreadsheet?
1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 691

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4178 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:14 am

I have a lot of thoughts on the game and setup I’ll post tomorrow. I think we got a little too experimental but also could have caught some things had EMC and I had more time.
5

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1361
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 432
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4179 Post by TrPrado » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:31 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 am
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:57 pm
Also, while my defenses were based in some degree on me having prior knowledge, the conclusions I argued against were so annoyingly premature that even if I were town I'd make the same arguments.
people had their opinions on you, there was no changing it especially since there wasnt a lot of talking
That doesn’t change how poor of a job so many people did at scum hunting. Ezio and I agreed that fake hammering could’ve been genuinely used as a town play. Wasting your power was terrible and based on poorly argued grounds (literally initiated as a scum led wagon), and bozo was easily way easier to argue as scum than Bionic even came close to being.
1

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1361
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 432
Contact:

Re: M50 Apocalypse Meme Redux

#4180 Post by TrPrado » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:34 am

I would’ve absolutely crucified Jamie for that Flavius push if he weren’t my teammate. And me not getting called out on ignoring him completely was kind of funny to me.
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bozotheclown and 2 guests