MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2261 Post by xorxes » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:59 pm
I have a question. Yesterday you said you were going to post an important truth.

What was it?
My towncore, the three musketeers, it has been polished a bit more. I have it now, if you really want it

GUYS, guys, I got quoted by xorxes :geek: Been wanting this for so long. I get nervous, impatient and uncertain when I can't communicate with him. I saw his post addressed to me and I will reply to that in just a moment
Is that what it was? You don't need to wait for me to address you if you want to ask me something, you can just say "excuse me, sir, may I have a word" and I will do my best to respond within a reasonable time.

e.m.c^42

#2262 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:23 pm
@emc, now that I see you here, I had a question for you, but I forgot what it was.
Well, I'll be here when you remember, am reading to write up in other tab.

xorxes

#2263 Post by xorxes » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:36 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:26 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 pm
@Vapor, your reasons for voting me are:

(1) I pressure voted emc day 1 and you feel he is a fragile child that should be protected from such harrassment
(2) I did not pay enough compliments to your insights this game (something that I'm always careful to do when I'm scum so that I always make it into your towncore)

Is there something else I'm missing?
you ignored my negative points against you,
you skipped over my posts mentioning you :cry:
your play this game felt wishy-washy

all this pain was unbearable, xorxes
it got me to scumlean you instantly
I don't know what to respond to "wishy-washy", but if there's anything concrete you want to mention I will be happy to address it.

xorxes

#2264 Post by xorxes » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm
xorxes wrote:
@emc, now that I see you here, I had a question for you, but I forgot what it was.
Yes, it wasn't that important, but did you find out about Ike's change of marital status in this thread or some other place?

Vaporwave

#2265 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:43 pm

don't take this too seriously, it's just that I'm big into tradition, I need to have 3/4 guys as part of 'supreme' towncore

xorxes is someone easy to read for me starting D2 and I usually wanna solve him asap

When this cannot be fulfilled, it becomes a tragedy.

Also, it would be devastating if my vote ends up on town!xorxes, that's something I would never want to happen

Vaporwave

#2266 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Won't vote for these (not even for a million dollar)
Chaqa/Neph/rivera/Vecna/yuuki

Would easily vote for:
damo
emc
Icarius
Temasek
worcej
xorxes

Uncertain, might vote if majority wants:
Carambola
Percy

1st town group: Vecna and Jamiet
2nd town group (lower tier) Neph/rivera/yuuki

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2267 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:08 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:05 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 pm
Non-votes:
Carambola
e.m.c^42
Percy Williams
rdrivera2005
Temasek22
worcej

Why are there so many people who haven't voted halfway through the day, and most of them well within the lynch-pool?
##vote Xorxes

Happy?
Better than not voting, but no, not happy. What are your reasons, is it that I feel "off", or is there something else?
If you were paying attention you would have read that I think you suddenly starting to scumread me after I voted you and after some people started to scumread me is the kind of shading you do as scum. Also, I think the Survivor thing is more likely svum motivated then town, as scum have reasons to search for the Survivor.

xorxes

#2268 Post by xorxes » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:05 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 pm

If you were paying attention you would have read that I think you suddenly starting to scumread me after I voted you and after some people started to scumread me is the kind of shading you do as scum.
You voted for me before I did that though, obviously, so that's not the reason you voted for me D2. Of course I will scumread you when you vote for me for very weak reasons, because you normally don't want to lynch me unless you are pretty sure I'm scum.
Also, I think the Survivor thing is more likely svum motivated then town, as scum have reasons to search for the Survivor.
That's not a serious reason. I explained that my "claim" started out as a joke, probably nobody would have taken it seriously if it wasn't for Jamie. When I saw people taking it seriously I kept it going for a while to see what happened, but it was not a planned thing, obviously. I think your first reaction even was to say it was probably a joke (maybe I don't remember correctly if it was you, but a few people did say that). And if you think I was searching for the survivor, why did you not comment anything about Vecna asking the survivor to come forward? Or someone else (I think yuuki?) asking damo to confirm if he was survivor or not? Or damo speculating that emc is the survivor? Also, I was the first one to say that finding out who the survivor is was more beneficial to Mafia than to town, but I doubt it's something that Mafia would make their top priority. It's something they would want to know but not at the risk of exposing themselves, obviously. So no, if that was your top reason to scumread me, I don't buy it.

Temasek22

#2269 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 pm

##vote emc42

His play seems real scummy so far imho. I would vote for xorxes in a heartbeat though. This entire survivor thing seems scum motivated.

worcej

#2270 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 am
would be surprised if tentacle-lover e.m.c is part of mafia, I think he would flex more on thread, he's not shy when he's scum and this mafia team has cool powers, this would have made e.m.c more excited to contribute
I don't understand how you arrive at these conclusions personally, but at least you had a thought behind non-scumming him

Temasek22

#2271 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:28 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
would be surprised if tentacle-lover e.m.c is part of mafia, I think he would flex more on thread, he's not shy when he's scum and this mafia team has cool powers, this would have made e.m.c more excited to contribute
It's funny how you managed to think of that, but hey, it makes sense :lol:

Temasek22

#2272 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:28 pm

##unvote

Temasek22

#2273 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:09 pm
I refuse to think this game will belong to scum if we have peeps like Vecna, yuuki and Jamietuk-tuk driver in our team
Plus 1000

Jamiet99uk

#2274 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:59 pm
I have a question. Yesterday you said you were going to post an important truth.

What was it?
My towncore, the three musketeers, it has been polished a bit more. I have it now, if you really want it

GUYS, guys, I got quoted by xorxes :geek: Been wanting this for so long. I get nervous, impatient and uncertain when I can't communicate with him. I saw his post addressed to me and I will reply to that in just a moment
Your big important revelation of truth was.....

:drumroll:

Three townreads.

Ok great. That was totally worth the build up.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2275 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:54 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 pm

If you were paying attention you would have read that I think you suddenly starting to scumread me after I voted you and after some people started to scumread me is the kind of shading you do as scum.
You voted for me before I did that though, obviously, so that's not the reason you voted for me D2. Of course I will scumread you when you vote for me for very weak reasons, because you normally don't want to lynch me unless you are pretty sure I'm scum.
Also, I think the Survivor thing is more likely svum motivated then town, as scum have reasons to search for the Survivor.
That's not a serious reason. I explained that my "claim" started out as a joke, probably nobody would have taken it seriously if it wasn't for Jamie. When I saw people taking it seriously I kept it going for a while to see what happened, but it was not a planned thing, obviously. I think your first reaction even was to say it was probably a joke (maybe I don't remember correctly if it was you, but a few people did say that). And if you think I was searching for the survivor, why did you not comment anything about Vecna asking the survivor to come forward? Or someone else (I think yuuki?) asking damo to confirm if he was survivor or not? Or damo speculating that emc is the survivor? Also, I was the first one to say that finding out who the survivor is was more beneficial to Mafia than to town, but I doubt it's something that Mafia would make their top priority. It's something they would want to know but not at the risk of exposing themselves, obviously. So no, if that was your top reason to scumread me, I don't buy it.
I have read you wrong and right when we were both town (and you pushed my myslynch more then once either as town or as scum) so this kind of argument is pure wifom, but you are usually more direct on your pushes then just throwing shades

And you pushed Damo to claim if he is Survivor, so why would I blame others for this? Yukki just misunderstood Damo's answer and you really think Vecna question deserve to be questioned?

e.m.c^42

#2276 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:58 pm

I am a lazy lazy asshole so everything's gonna be copypasted into one tab
damo666 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm
[snip]
Alpha then. Carambola, Chaqa, me, emc … Oh wait, that don't work.
[snip]
Lmao I know this is a joke, but what is this implied assumption that I won't claim xD

Also, you or someone mentioned a compiled read list, here goes-

This is not as much related but Jamie, happily this game, although still beautifully bitchy at all the right times, has devolved his diction/slang into more...softer choices. Off the top of my head, recently would be "dat boi", choices of jokes - the "what's wrong with you" (self deprecating), the xorxes quip on me - not necessarily more taste, but there's a lot less "you fucking inbred cunt, did your mother become an alcoholic when she discovered your fetus existed" kind of posts. The comment to Vapor, with the "keep the faith and head towards the light, brother" thing - I'm aware it's probably just an effort to stay more civil (especially in light of events surrounding recent games), but I like it. he seems more towny for it, as scum his barbs are less...not necessarily politically correct, but more vicious in a held back literate 4channer way. This game it's like healthier anger, when presented at all lol

Speaking of anger, Ike with little raging comes to mind. Disregarding the whole non-game related thing of me and him, his laid back/fun/jokey style is consistent with town meta, and the sudden drop in activity from day one to everything after is quite understandable - will hold him to a sense of honor in not using certain excuses for "I want to lurk as scum" reasons. I do admit that ending in the nolynch vote on the first day was a bit weird, but don't feel like it's necessarily scummy. Probably not scum.

Probably not scum, probably not...benefit of the doubt....seems to be a majority consensus on Carambola/starfruit. He really, really, hasn't done much of anything at all, asides from claiming VT and stating in various wording that he has no idea what's going on, that it seems like town is flailing around, and that he has opinions - but not anything to a "why" or "where" it really came from. Like, he hasn't even tried to bullshit basic reasonings, and he's clearly capable of at least trying with deductive reasoning - look at his first few posts on day one:
Carambola wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:16 pm
##VOTE Vaporware

What an astonishing cow manure delicattessen of a so called reasoning have you made our eyes go through. Congratulations, you beautiful too nervous to be innocent paranoic posterboy.
Carambola wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:34 pm
I am indeed new to the site. I am not new, however, to the sight of someone drawing attention through the involuntary tactic of making a fool of himself.

Some call it human nature. Some call it stupidity. I agree with both positions, and i know i can be easily used as an example too.
He points out what he perceives to be a flaw with Vapor's posts so far, with decently sound analysis for someone unfamiliar with meta. Just read that wording, he's clearly not clueless or stupid.

But from this point on, it pretty much just...disappears like wisps of smoke. There's empty, pretty generic statements that just make enough sense for people to notice he's not not-posting, and keeping enough of a low profile that he's essentially impossible to read. It kinda feels like someone told him, "hey, you should stay quiet and lurk, especially as a new player you can get away with a lot of things like that", hmmm?

I'm not actually sure why people are excusing so much as "first game". Just look at mine (m42) ffs - and I hadn't ever played any social deduction games before then. I'm not particularly good in any way either, compared to the average player.

The above statement applies just as equally to Temasek, and to Hosuke back when he was alive lol.

(gonna continue rest in separate post)

Nephthys

#2277 Post by Nephthys » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 pm

Anyone keen for a ##vote damo

No way this guy is town

e.m.c^42

#2278 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:08 am

xorxes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm
xorxes wrote:
Yes, it wasn't that important, but did you find out about Ike's change of marital status in this thread or some other place?
That's the thing, I didn't. Got invested in writing a story for personal reasons, it turns out it ain't much fiction at all, and that it suddenly went from vaguely inspired-fantasy into pretty invasive and all too real, when I saw Ike's comments here.

but that's not really important, worked it out with him, not game related anymore.

e.m.c^42

#2279 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:12 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
I don't understand how you arrive at these conclusions personally, but at least you had a thought behind non-scumming him
Lol Vapor isn't wrong, you should rand scum with me in a game with a day chat, I have difficulties resisting dramatic irony in the main thread (and talking to myself). there's a fierce sort of delight that comes from it :v

e.m.c^42

#2280 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:15 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 pm
Anyone keen for a ##vote damo

No way this guy is town
Due to him actually...contributing this game? I will say that I can't recall his scum game, since he died way too quickly in the most recent one I played with him, but this activity/energy is reminiscent of his late game iirc.