MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#621 Post by foodcoats » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:02 pm
##VOTE yuuki

I just think yuuki is always scum here.

That thing about losing the game if we lynch them was a little flailing.
The entire attempt to shame players with the ‘lynch me and we lose’ thing is shady. Not only that, he said town in the third person (minor gripe I know)
It seems a little desperate when it was so early and they weren't a wagon.

yuuki, why were you so worried?

damo666

#622 Post by damo666 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:25 pm

##vote Itsohuke

Unlikely ti=o be around at EOD. [Poker]

yuuki

#623 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:30 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:02 pm
##VOTE yuuki

I just think yuuki is always scum here.

That thing about losing the game if we lynch them was a little flailing.
The entire attempt to shame players with the ‘lynch me and we lose’ thing is shady. Not only that, he said town in the third person (minor gripe I know)
It seems a little desperate when it was so early and they weren't a wagon.

yuuki, why were you so worried?
@food: I am not worried at all. Just go ahead and lynch me. You'll see.

Now, I am curious as to how I am always scum here?

yuuki

#624 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:28 pm
Maybe Xorxes is the survivor.
Maybe Xorxes is not the survivor.
Maybe Xorxes will retract his claim in due course.
Maybe Xorxes won't.

BUT ANYONE PRETENDING THAT XORXES DID NOT MAKE A CLAIM IS LYING, or STUPID.

@Yuuki: Are you a liar, or are you just a simpleton with low reading comprehension? Which is it, please?
Your inability to recognise that the vagueness of xorxes post could well mean that it is a coincidence and that he was just declaring his presence in the chat shows that you have no critical thinking ability. I'll take simpleton with low reading ability over scum with no critical thinking ability any day of the week.

Jamiet99uk

#625 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Maybe Xorxes won't.

@Yuuki: Are you a liar, or are you just a simpleton with low reading comprehension? Which is it, please?
Your inability to recognise that the vagueness of xorxes post could well mean that it is a coincidence and that he was just declaring his presence in the chat shows that you have no critical thinking ability. I'll take simpleton with low reading ability over scum with no critical thinking ability any day of the week.
If he was just saying "here I am in the chat", why would he quote Vecna's post asking Proximo to declare himself?

I have plenty of critical thinking ability. I have two Masters' degrees and have just started a PhD. You, meanwhile, are demonstrating your low reading ability.

e.m.c^42

#626 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm

There's been a ridiculous number of ad hominem arguments for so early in the game, especially for people who share no past relations (so it can't be argued off as for the bants).

I can't necessarily say this is a good thing, theatre anyone? :P

yuuki

#627 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:55 pm

New reads:

Carambola: lean town here, what little he has said indicates to me he is showing coherence. Needs to step up and say more though.
Chaqa: lurky lurker. Could go either way.
Damo: Fairly useless so far. Slight scum.
DemRHK: Completely useless so far. Trying to play off his lurking as a strategy. Probably town due to the amount of people pushing him for lurking early on, but impossible to get a real read here with the amount of fluff that has been posted so far.
e.m.c: my strongest townread so far. Needs to post more and help scumhunt.
foodcoats: 44% scum. He somehow keeps making himself scummier with every post.
Hosuke: null. I don't think I can recall any of the posts hosuke has posted so far.
Jamie: scummy scum. Keeps trying to focus on xorxes claim for some reason. Thinks he is invincible too and that he will never be lynched. To me he checks all the scum boxes: tunneling, diverting attention, and sheer cockiness.
Nephthys: my earliest townread. Still lean town but don't know why we haven't heard more.
Percy: who?
RagingIke: probably town. Not sure why.
rdrivera: a bit wary here. Definitely not standing out as scum but he could be a low key scum member.
Temasek: piggybacking on everything Vecna says. Likely clueless town.
TrPrado: not much of use from him so far.
Vaporwave: likely town. I like his posts so far as he seems legitimately focused in finding scum.
Vecna: HAIL CAESAR. Strong Null read here.
worcej: confused him with xorxes early on. Had to go reread to separate them both in my mind. Lean town here.
xorxes: a wagon for no real reason. Driven by Jamie. I'm going to go with town.
yuuki: towniest townie ever. Likely about to die so Morituri te salutant!

yuuki

#628 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 pm
yuuki wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Maybe Xorxes won't.

If he was just saying "here I am in the chat", why would he quote Vecna's post asking Proximo to declare himself?

I have plenty of critical thinking ability. I have two Masters' degrees and have just started a PhD. You, meanwhile, are demonstrating your low reading ability.
You keep talking about this when no one cares. Please stop. Thank you.

Jamiet99uk

#629 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm

SCENE: Inside a church, decorated for a wedding. A bride and groom stand at the altar with the priest. Many guests are in attendance, the men in their finest suits, the women in formal dresses or smart trouser-suits. Yukki sits in the back row wearing a neon shell-suit and chewing bubble-gum noisily.

PRIEST: "Before I complete the ceremony, if anyone present knows of any reason why this happy couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, let him speak now or forever hold his peace!"

YUKKI: "Hey, hey! I got something to say!"

The assembled crowd gasped and turned to look at the scruffy youth, wondering what accusation or revelation regarding the bride, or perhaps the groom, he was about to blurt out.

YUKKI: "I just want to let you all know that I'm here at the wedding ceremony. I hope everyone's having a nice time. Gee, I sure do like the flavour of raspberry bubblegum."

PRIEST: "Is that all? We might have assumed you were going to declare some reason why this happy couple should not be joined in holy matrimony...?"

YUKKI: "What? Why on earth would you think that? Just a coincidence, man!"

Jamiet99uk

#630 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
yuuki wrote:

Xorxes decided to make a claim. That's down to him, it's not my responsibility. If a non-town role is claimed, as town you can be damn sure it'll get my interest and I'll talk about it. Why are you trying to stifle discussion? Is Xorxes your team mate? What is your favourite kind of bubble gum?

foodcoats

#631 Post by foodcoats » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:01 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:30 pm
@food: I am not worried at all. Just go ahead and lynch me. You'll see.

Now, I am curious as to how I am always scum here?
You're right. I could be wrong. There are just a bunch of tick marks against you.

Jamiet99uk

#632 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm

yuuki wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:55 pm

What the fuck is a "strong" null read?

yuuki

#633 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm
yuuki wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Xorxes decided to make a claim. That's down to him, it's not my responsibility. If a non-town role is claimed, as town you can be damn sure it'll get my interest and I'll talk about it. Why are you trying to stifle discussion? Is Xorxes your team mate? What is your favourite kind of bubble gum?
I didn't know the survivor had a teammate... see what I did there?

How about you talk about anyone else other than xorxes? Would be very interested in discussing anyone but xorxes with you.

yuuki

#634 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm
yuuki wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:55 pm

What the fuck is a "strong" null read?
It means I have no idea what to make of any of his posts so far.

yuuki

#635 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm
SCENE: Inside a church, decorated for a wedding. A bride and groom stand at the altar with the priest. Many guests are in attendance, the men in their finest suits, the women in formal dresses or smart trouser-suits. Yukki sits in the back row wearing a neon shell-suit and chewing bubble-gum noisily.

PRIEST: "Before I complete the ceremony, if anyone present knows of any reason why this happy couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, let him speak now or forever hold his peace!"

YUKKI: "Hey, hey! I got something to say!"

The assembled crowd gasped and turned to look at the scruffy youth, wondering what accusation or revelation regarding the bride, or perhaps the groom, he was about to blurt out.

YUKKI: "I just want to let you all know that I'm here at the wedding ceremony. I hope everyone's having a nice time. Gee, I sure do like the flavour of raspberry bubblegum."

PRIEST: "Is that all? We might have assumed you were going to declare some reason why this happy couple should not be joined in holy matrimony...?"

YUKKI: "What? Why on earth would you think that? Just a coincidence, man!"
Also, I have to say this is beautiful. I can definitely see this happening.

Jamiet99uk

#636 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm

yuuki wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
yuuki wrote:

How about you talk about anyone else other than xorxes? Would be very interested in discussing anyone but xorxes with you.
How about I talk about whatever the fuck I want to talk about?

What's interesting is I'm actually talking about you. All of this exchange has been more about you than about Xorxes, and I'm finding your responses quite revealing.

In any case, why don't you want to talk about Xorxes? Don't you find it interesting that he would claim Survivor early on D1 under no pressure? Do you believe his claim? Why are you trying to stifle discussion of this issue?

e.m.c^42

#637 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

This viscerally reminds me of ND for some reason lmao

yuuki

#638 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm
yuuki wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

How about I talk about whatever the fuck I want to talk about?

What's interesting is I'm actually talking about you. All of this exchange has been more about you than about Xorxes, and I'm finding your responses quite revealing.

In any case, why don't you want to talk about Xorxes? Don't you find it interesting that he would claim Survivor early on D1 under no pressure? Do you believe his claim? Why are you trying to stifle discussion of this issue?
It's a non-issue. Who cares about the survivor? Let him survive for all I care. I only care about finding scum. Scum care about killing townies. Pretty straightforward to me. Who cares if xorxes claim is a real claim or not? Apparently you are the only one. I keep feeding this fire to see how far you will take it and you just keep insisting and tunneling. It's showing your true colors. Of course xoxrxes made a claim. The fact that thirty pages later we are still talking about it like it is something that matters is ridiculous. Just put it to bed. No one cares who the survivor is at this point in the game.

e.m.c^42

#639 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 pm

We should keep an eye on Percy, his lurking (whether excuses real or not), but his usually low activity had become... disturbingly nonexistent.

In addition, he didn't do any sort of flavour posting, something he's usually pretty into (I can't see any reason as to why he wouldn't take the chance to put a use to Latin skills, we had strongly considered a similar flavor when discussing MY due to that reason). But there's a shift somewhere, and it's certainly possible he's randed a non town role for once lol. Being somewhat lurky/unsure of what to post on day 1 was also a thing I did the first time I randed scum.

However, it's also possible he's just busy haha

yuuki

#640 Post by yuuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 pm
We should keep an eye on Percy, his lurking (whether excuses real or not), but his usually low activity had become... disturbingly nonexistent.

In addition, he didn't do any sort of flavour posting, something he's usually pretty into (I can't see any reason as to why he wouldn't take the chance to put a use to Latin skills, we had strongly considered a similar flavor when discussing MY due to that reason). But there's a shift somewhere, and it's certainly possible he's randed a non town role for once lol. Being somewhat lurky/unsure of what to post on day 1 was also a thing I did the first time I randed scum.

However, it's also possible he's just busy haha
Is Percy not usually a lurker?