Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3121 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:49 am

@Damo: To be clear my case on Espresso is:

First, he acted as though he knew there was a Janitor and wasn't even considering that there might not be one. I purport this is because he knows a Janitor was rolled, because it's his scum mate.

Second, I purport that his DP smokescreen was an actual attempt to identify the real DP, to help Mafia select their NKs.

What do you think?

foodcoats

#3122 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:57 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:50 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:46 am
So what exactly did Fox and Hosuke's posts prove? They pulled paragraphs from the same wikipedia pages about the topics that were chosen? I'm assuming it's legit, I just don't fully understand the deduction.
I'm completely satisfied by this proof. They combined editing the paragraphs in odd ways like replacing some lines with Russian characters, and posting alternating lines of obscure poems, to name the two that stuck out most.

I may be posting this after everyone has already explained examined and moved on, and if so, sorry. :neutral:
Ahhh okay I didn't look closely enough. Merci!

foodcoats

#3123 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:57 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:11 am
Does anyone have a better reason for voting me besides that I could be faking a scum visit during night?

A player faked doing that in a past game, it has to happen again, right?
This is like someone getting cheated on who refuses to trust a loved one when entering a new relationship
Valid reason, sad metaphor.

foodcoats

#3124 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:59 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:12 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:23 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:13 am

Then at a push, you could include the Meerkat. But in what way would any of this be a scumslip? Scum don't have an investigative role.
What do you mean by that? How is it relevant?
Damo suggested I had obtained special knowledge about his role, and implied this meant I was scum.

My only knowledge is based on his claim, I don't have any special knowledge, and I'm not scum, and I don't see what it is he thinks is a scumslip.

I hope he comes back and responds because I'm still perplexed about the mistake Damo has made, and I'd like him to explain what it was he thought was a slip.
I also agree that it made no sense and it was a weird push. I have an idea why but I think last night I realized you're not supposed to say everything you think in this game.

bozotheclown

#3125 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:06 am

13/17 reporting:
bozo: dargorygel, bo_sox, worcej, Vapor, Percy
xorxes: Jamie, flash, EspressoPatronum, dargorygel, bo_sox
brainbomb: bozo, flash, bo_sox, damo, dargorygel
Jamie: Chaqa, dargorygel, flash, foodcoats, xorxes
damo: dargorygel, flash, EspressoPatronum, bo_sox, worcej
Foxcastle: Percy, emc, damo, Vapor, Chaqa
Vapor: bo_sox, Chaqa, dargorygel, emc, Jamie
flash: Percy, bo_sox, xorxes, emc, worcej
rdrivera: bozo, foodcoats, flash, worcej, bo_sox
worcej: Vapor, Hosuke, dargorygel, Chaqa, foodcoats
EspressoPatronum: damo, emc, Percy, xorxes, worcej
Chaqa: bozo, bo_sox, dargorygel, Percy, flash/Vapor
Hosuke: flash, bo_sox, Percy, dargorygel, Chaqa
bo_sox:
dargorygel:
foodcoats:
Percy:

bozo: 3
bo_sox: 9
brainbomb: 0
Chaqa: 5
damo: 3
dargorygel: 9
emc: 4
EspressoPatronum : 2
flash: 6.5
foodcoats: 3
Foxcastle: 0
ItsHosuke: 1
Jamie: 2
Percy: 6
rdrivera: 0
Vapor: 3.5
worcej: 5
xorxes: 3

I am going to stop updating this list. I thought it might be useful to get everyone on record, maybe it will help when we start lynching scum.

foodcoats

#3126 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:14 am
Yeah, he seems like he's faking it, but I've faked being more drunk than I actually am for reasons much stupider than that.
To what end would someone fake being drunk in a game of Mafia? worcej just came off as a dumb asshole. What purpose could scum!worcej derive from such theatre?

xorxes

#3127 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:11 am
Does anyone have a better reason for voting me besides that I could be faking a scum visit during night?

A player faked doing that in a past game, it has to happen again, right?
This is like someone getting cheated on who refuses to trust a loved one when entering a new relationship
Good analogy. This is my reason:

damo was not killed or roleblocked because:

(A) damo is scum
(B) mafia are not concerned that they could be tracked because Tracker is one of their fake roles
(C) scumteam are all idiots
(D) something else

If damo is scum he is playing a fantastic game, but his claim condemns him and he will die soon. I'm discounting A for the moment.

We know C is false because Vapor has told us numerous times that this is the greatest scumteam ever.

I can't think of something else at the moment so I'm excluding D.

That leaves B as the right answer.

If Tracker is one of their fake roles to claim, then roleblocking you and risking you being absorber makes no sense, unless they also have the absorber role in their list and they wanted to frame you.

So even though I'm not completely convinced yet, for now I'm going to ##VOTE Vapor

foodcoats

#3128 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 am

@bozo

You can add me for Chaqa, bo_sox, worcej, xorxes. I don't have a fifth read right now.

foodcoats

#3129 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 am

If worcej was faking, then I suppose he was appealing to drunken sincerity to support this read list:
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:03 am
Everyone is fucking stuck on mechanics and this is why we suck. No one gives a shit about motivation and reasoning.

bozo looks like AASSSSSSS for reasoning. His D1 deserved the policy lynch over the emc

food's analysis is just GARBAGE

Vapor cannot stick a single fucking read to save his life and is towning people and then scumming them. Most atroscious is the terrible reads he puts on his scums and how they almost always are pairs.

Percy either pulled the trigger too early on a mafia claim or is just garbage town. We have little time left to verify if his ass is right or not.

Damo and xorxes have claims that are also late, btw wtf with an innocent child firing at D7? Super late.

Fuck this shit, we suck. Town will lose again. I'm out for the night. Drinks to be drunk.

xorxes

#3130 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:13 am

Then at a push, you could include the Meerkat. But in what way would any of this be a scumslip? Scum don't have an investigative role.
Damo suggested I had obtained special knowledge about his role, and implied this meant I was scum.

My only knowledge is based on his claim, I don't have any special knowledge, and I'm not scum, and I don't see what it is he thinks is a scumslip.

I hope he comes back and responds because I'm still perplexed about the mistake Damo has made, and I'd like him to explain what it was he thought was a slip.
Hmm, let's see, what could that special knowledge be? Maybe one of the two roles that damo could be is in the fakes list, and that's why you concluded he could only be one role?

bozotheclown

#3131 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:19 am

xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:54 am

You are restating the same benefits I stated above. Of the six roles that could be disproven (masons, vig, votestealer, inno child, bulletproof), five have already been claimed: two are proved town, two will soon be proved town, one will have to wait but I know is town, and the last one can no longer be proven, and they will have to make a good case on why they didn't try to prove themselves if they ever claim.

So the upside of your plan, given what we now know, would have been very low.

The downside of your plan would have been that we would not have the hope of benefitting from the few remaining roles that could still be useful (doctor, tracker, commuter, oracle, absorber).

So the way the roles were actually distributed, with town having most of the provable roles, your plan would have been a major disaster, don't you agree?
That depends on whether Percy, damo, Chaqa, or you are scum using fake claims to avoid getting lynched.
No it doesn't. Percy's, damo's and Chaqa's roles are not among the directly provable. They have no bearing on what I'm saying.

Let's try again.

Plan A- Everyone has to claim their role D1.

Plan B- Masons, Vig, Votestealer, Inno Child, Bulletproof have to claim their role D1, everyone else doesn't.

Which plan do you think is better? Do you see any benefits of Plan A that Plan B doesn't have? Do you see any benefits of Plan B that Plan A doesn't have?
I understand the benefit/drawbacks of the verifiable roles claiming, I am talking about the benefit of forcing all of the scum to claim their roles D1 without coordinating with each other. For instance, if damo is scum, he was able to imply an important town role to avoid getting shot, because there was an important town role on the scum list. If Percy is scum, he was able to avoid getting lynched because he claimed another valuable town role. Maybe you are scum and chose a role that would not be resolved until D7. So, maybe Percy's, damo's and Chaqa's roles do not have a bearing on what you are saying, but they do on what I am saying.

Jamiet99uk

#3132 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am

I want people to respond to my Espresso case.
I think he's scum and he slipped.

If you don't agree, let me know why.

xorxes

#3133 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:38 am
don't drink and play mafia :!:
+1 :lol:

Jamiet99uk

#3134 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
xorxes wrote:

Hmm, let's see, what could that special knowledge be? Maybe one of the two roles that damo could be is in the fakes list, and that's why you concluded he could only be one role?
Xorxes, Damo has responded to this now. You're replying to old posts. The discussion has moved on. Your view of me is seriously blinkered.

foodcoats

#3135 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:51 am
Also, the categories for the post were from the following:

Geometry: damo
Aeronotical Eng: Jamie
Poem: Xorxes
QT: EP

None are actually verified, but at least they used 4 people to really prove that it wasn't a 5-man effort.
Huh. worcej went from lucid to drunk AF between the above post and this post:
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:07 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:05 am
What else do you want to know? COME AT ME BO! :lol:
What's your favorite color?
BLUE. IT REMINDS ME OF WATER, WHICH IS COOL. ALL MY FISH TANKS ARE PAINTED BLUE, BUT ONLY JAMIE KNOWS THIS BECAUSE WE'RE FB FRIENDS AND SHIT.
18 minutes... worcej, are you a sophomore girl?

xorxes

#3136 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:25 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:49 am

First, he acted as though he knew there was a Janitor and wasn't even considering that there might not be one. I purport this is because he knows a Janitor was rolled, because it's his scum mate.

Second, I purport that his DP smokescreen was an actual attempt to identify the real DP, to help Mafia select their NKs.

What do you think?
If the real DP has identified the Janitor they would have claimed by now, don't you think?

Jamiet99uk

#3137 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am

I will today lynch:

- Espresso: For the reason I've clearly and repeatedly articulated, which most people are weirdly ignoring,

Or

- Xorxes: His push on me is fake, had its origins in a false narrative, does not evolve in the face of new information. In addition his hounding of the Masons was rather scummy.

damo666

#3138 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:

What do you think?
Coukd you point me to the relevant EP post(s) please.

Also what about my Bozo question. Scumslip or misinterpretation?

Jamiet99uk

#3139 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:27 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:25 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

What do you think?
If the real DP has identified the Janitor they would have claimed by now, don't you think?
Not everyone has claimed yet.

Does the DP find out if they successfully stripped any powers?

Jamiet99uk

#3140 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

What do you think?
Coukd you point me to the relevant EP post(s) please.

Also what about my Bozo question. Scumslip or misinterpretation?
No, I can't easily do that, I'm on my phone. Do an iso of my posts over the current phase only, and you'll see it all.

If I didn't scumslip, then it's entirely possible Bozo didnt either. I'm not sure. He has seemed town to me, as I've already explained.