Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
EspressoPatronum

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2161 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Hey Vapor, why do you think I'm pocketing you? It looks like you cited my pocketing as a reason to avoid giving a read on me.

damo666

#2162 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 pm
Why is everybody so protective of Masons? They're only glorified VTs.

Isn't it worth getting 2 town clears with a reveal and demonstration of contact?

Until such demo forthcoming ##Vote ItsHosuke.

You all really should listen to Xorxes. He makes perfect sense.
The masons are not VTs. They are clears if we play it right. That's way more valuable later in the game than it is right now.

Also, this looks fucking scummy, like you're sheeping Xorxes to mislynch Hosuke.
They are not much more than VTs. They are not clear until proven. My vote on ItsoHuke is to pressure his partner to prove it. I then move my vote. Probably chaqa or Flash.

xorxes

#2163 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Also, I'll point out that e.m.c is not only lurking, he's once again holding his vote. :eyeroll: But the lurking is more problematic. I suspect the plan is that after he narrowly escaped getting lynched, he wants to lay low and let Xorxes screw the masons.
Fox, the main reason I'm voting for Hosuke is because damo and Percy were the leading wagons, so don't you try to turn the tables on me. If you had kept pushing emc today I would have probably joined you. Now things have changed and I want to know what's going on with these "masons".

worcej

#2164 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:07 am
worcej I dont think theres much to really say. You have a very guiltless conscience that I can detect in your posting. I see it in bo recent posts that he went to great detail on.

Ive also seen it in espresso.

but you have a tone and style that does feel alot like my own. and it certainly grows on you. I usually think you handle pressure very well as town because you use emotion in ways that arent scummy and seem hard to fabricate
Hmmm... never heard it that way. I like it.

Also, jesus SLC is hot early in the day! But also, clear blue skies means good flying (thank god).

brainbomb

#2165 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:56 pm

bozotheclown
Night-1 22:16
page 64 / orig
↑brainbomb: "Scum
bosox
foodcoats
damo
hotsuke
xo​rxes or jamie"
I do not get why you think Hosuke is scum. Why would scum throw out a mason claim early without being able to discuss it with their teammates, even if the two masons were on the scum fake claim list

bozotheclown
Night-1 22:12
page 64 / orig
↑brainbomb: "because hes an inexperienced toad who had no idea what masons even do"
If he is that inexperienced do you think he would fake claim a role that early?
Page 66 : g=47&part=Night%201&user=bozotheclown

bozotheclown
Night-1 20:56
page 66 / orig
↑brainbomb: "he saw bozo call for claim
saw his fake claim options
picked the one from SE Asia and went with it"
Possible, but I do not think it is particularly likely he would that so quickly as scum when none of his scum teammates had claimed anything
bozotheclown
Day-2 11:53
page 105 / orig
↑ItsHosuke: "*sigh* how did this happen to me... oh well, I’m actually mason but I claimed mason in a joking tone in the first place ..."
You can ask the other mason to claim to clear you. The way things are going, if the other mason does not claim by EOD, the assumption will be that you fake claimed mason, and no other mafia is willing to try to cover you by fake claiming the other mason

bozotheclown
Day-2 10:26
page 105 / orig
↑TrPrado: "OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 2.2

ItsHosuke (4): foodcoats, damo666, xorxes, brainbomb
Percy Williams (3): bozotheclown, flash201..."
I still think Percy's claim is likely fake, but I am not sure, and it would be unfortunate to lynch the role cop, so I am willing to wait on Percy. If we lynch some scum we could even wait until D6 to see if he can verify his claim, but I believe Percy should be lynched if he is still alive at lylo and his claim is unresolved.

Here is why no one should be voting for Hosuke today. If he is town, voting for him just forces the other mason to claim, and there is no reason for the other mason to reveal himself today. If the mafia NKs Hosuke, it verifies there are 2 town masons, so the other mason can claim later and we know he is town, unless the scum choose to cc him, in which case we have a scum in the 2 mason claims. If the mafia NKs the other mason, Hosuke becomes clear. If Hosuke is scum, it will soon be obvious, as there will never be another mason claim, because a second mason claiming scum would result in verifying 2 scum when they can't prove they share a QT. The mason QT test does not have to be performed today, it can be performed any day, as they would not be able to plan ahead for all possible tests.

There are reasons to question xorxes and damo, but neither are currently in my top five scum candidates.

##VOTE Chaqa

Chaqa is my second highest scum candidate, and 5 of 8 have put Chaqa in there top 5, so there should be some interest in lynching him

brainbomb

#2166 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Im trying to figure out if bozo is scum holding on desoerately to keeping hosuke alive.

highly doubt bozo would be scum trying hard as hell to keep a real mason alive

Vaporwave

#2167 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:59 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:52 pm
Hey Vapor, why do you think I'm pocketing you? It looks like you cited my pocketing as a reason to avoid giving a read on me.
I'm just not objective if I were to talk about what I think of you

an ISO might be required at some point

but my early read D1 was town, it's just that I haven't seen you much involved in discussions so it faded a bit

Foxcastle

#2168 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:59 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:49 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 pm
Why is everybody so protective of Masons? They're only glorified VTs.

Isn't it worth getting 2 town clears with a reveal and demonstration of contact?

Until such demo forthcoming ##Vote ItsHosuke.

You all really should listen to Xorxes. He makes perfect sense.
The masons are not VTs. They are clears if we play it right. That's way more valuable later in the game than it is right now.

Also, this looks fucking scummy, like you're sheeping Xorxes to mislynch Hosuke.
Hosuke cannot be mislynched, unless he and his partner are complete idiots.

He is either properly lynched as scum, or he is properly cleared as town.
Ah yes, in Xorxesland, where everything makes sense and there's a purpose and a reason and things are rational and on-time.

In case you haven't noticed, in Mafia, the more likely explanation for any situation is players fucking up or being lazy, not players executing a master plan.

damo666

#2169 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:00 pm

It's in his own hands.

damo666

#2170 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Going offline for a couple of hours. Will be back before EOD.

As it stands we have a scumpair in itsoHuke and Bozo

worcej

#2171 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:14 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:05 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 pm
My biggest issue with this game right now is two-fold.

●Firstly theres 2 camps here. A ton of very derpy, kinda scummy middling town who dont seem very reliable. And I mean no disrespect but Percy, darg, chaqa, emc, hosuke, and vapor all seem totally pointless. None of their reads seem confident. they just look like easy lynchbait

●Then we have the hornets nest. The hornets are players like bo who should be stinging lots and lots. But instead of bo being aggressive, bo is just barely existant. And whats worse is, damo and xorxes have become hornets. But they arent stinging anyone. All damo and xorx are really doing is buzzing around this nest theyve created and firing back out at Camp 1. The middlers. The hornets are foxcastle, xorx, damo, who have all just felt combative but devoid of any actual rational arguments why anyone is scum. Its especially bad with xorxes. Damo looks wolfy in his every move and action.

the middling players seem to be very amatuer at applying reasoning, at hunting. and exuding skills of mafia.

Espresso is definetely trying. And of all the mid level townies I think hes probably least likely to be scum

My reads are like this
Scum
bo
dargo
chaqa
xorxes
damo
bozo
foxcastle
damo
vapor

null
hosuke

Town
Jamie
worcej
espresso

Clears
Rivera
Me

I dont think we can win this game presently.
In fact unless some very very serious effort comes from the middling and low town. We wont lynch a single scum this game.

Percy is possibly scum but his wagon grew way too easy. his defenses of himself as terrible
the timing on his claim was bad
the claim only makes sense as scum if hes a roleblocker or something decent.
as town its just bad. He probably had no reason to claim there as any align.

EMC is possibly scum but if not then xorx and fox need to die today. He seems okay in posts but hes really unhelpful and likely will get lynched no matter what.

Bozo looks definetely like scum. hes certainly been hard defended and saved on pretty.poor reasoning day 1.

vapor looks like a wishy washy celine dion song this game. unsure who he wants to white knight. what topic he wants to ramble about and then reverse position on anyway.

chaqa only pops in and relies on campy jokes and reminders his life is going well or his moms getting eyeglasses. hes basically telling his daily routine more than his reads.

Bo is just never like this. he probably bussed foodcoats and darg. unless darg and foidcoats are both town. which pretty much means we have no chance if true.

foodcoats posts are pretty ok. But his thread presence is beyond scummy. He ciasted day 1 and vote shifted late with no explanation. hes been dodgy, creepy,and inefficient.
Comments:
  1. We definitely share the thoughts on Fox - I think he is not really hunting anything heavily atm.
  2. I am torn on xorxes - today he is being MUCH more towny than D1, so is it because Vecna is gone and now suddenly he decides to try?
  3. I don't think Damo is doing much, but he is marching down some pretty townish thoughts.
  4. The middling town concept you're stating is how I feel, I just call them 'the group that doesn't try' - this is currently emc, Hosuke, flash, darg, and Chaqa from my perspective.
  5. I also concur with emc and I am beginning to regret pushing against lynching him now - with the no real effort at anything, I think he may be coasting along for ~reasons~.
  6. I don't like bozo's play this game, but too many people seem to be calling him town. The mass-claim theory was rooted in a LOT of bad logic and would only truly benefit the scum based on this game's setup.
  7. Concur on Vapor, he can't keep his reads along a straight path - this to me is more a sign of scum than 'noob town'.
  8. I am also happy you town me but sad I didn't get an analysis from you either :cry:
Can you give me a list of "bad logic" in the idea of mass claiming? I think the way this game has played out so far show why a mas claim could have benefited town.
As stated, the bad logic is that a mass reveal completely subjects the town PRs to being picked off at will while also allowing scum to plan their abilities out to protect themselves.

Coupled with the roles the scum team could claim, there was really no benefit to town to go along with this.

Nothing you have said has overcome this. You continued to double down that the claims would benefit the town in the face of these comments.

Foxcastle

#2172 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:03 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:55 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Also, I'll point out that e.m.c is not only lurking, he's once again holding his vote. :eyeroll: But the lurking is more problematic. I suspect the plan is that after he narrowly escaped getting lynched, he wants to lay low and let Xorxes screw the masons.
Fox, the main reason I'm voting for Hosuke is because damo and Percy were the leading wagons, so don't you try to turn the tables on me. If you had kept pushing emc today I would have probably joined you. Now things have changed and I want to know what's going on with these "masons".
I don't think you're scum so much as I am hoping some pressure will wave you off this ridiculous plan to save Percy and sacrifice Hosuke.

You're actually nearly the bottom of my scumreads. Moreso now, because this kind of idiotic tunnel you're in is exactly how I watched you lose M1007.

I have spent so much time this phase defending Hosuke from an obvious mislynch that I haven't had time to build a real case on who I think is scummy. I've tried at the fringes. But I'm probably going to sit on you, Xorxes, until I can vote for whichever wagon is most likely to save Hosuke.

worcej

#2173 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:56 am
I have updated my best guess at scum to replace bo_sox with worcej.

Here is what I have for players who have given their top 5 scum candidates:
bozo: Percy, Chaqa, dargorygel, flash, worcej
xorxes: Hosuke, Foxcastle, Jamie, flash, dargorygel
brainbomb: xorxes, Jamie, damo, bozo, emc
Jamie: Chaqa, dargorygel, flash, foodcoats, xorxes
damo: flash, bo_sox, dargorygel, worcej, Chaqa
Foxcastle: Percy, emc, damo, Vapor, Chaqa
Vapor: bo_sox, Chaqa, dargorygel, emc, Jamie
flash: Percy, bo_sox, xorxes, emc, worcej

Did I miss anyone? That is only 8 out of 18 so far. We know there are five scum out there, everyone should be able to come up with 5 guesses.
Mine are Vapor, Hosuke, darg, Chaqa, and food.

xorxes

#2174 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:59 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:49 pm
Hosuke cannot be mislynched, unless he and his partner are complete idiots.

He is either properly lynched as scum, or he is properly cleared as town.
Ah yes, in Xorxesland, where everything makes sense and there's a purpose and a reason and things are rational and on-time.

In case you haven't noticed, in Mafia, the more likely explanation for any situation is players fucking up or being lazy, not players executing a master plan.
I will admit that I play as if everyone else cares too, which is not always the case.

worcej

#2175 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am
I fail to see the problem with madonna reveal if they are town. It gives us 2 townclears (with a demo proof) and doesn't increase their NKability.

The longer it is unravelled the more suspicious of ItsHosuke I get.

Also Jamie if you have really solved the clue you should reveal and explain. Until you do so I shall consider you scum.

@worcej please switch back to ItsHo
As I see no one cares to join me on vapor, ##vote ItsHo

Foxcastle

#2176 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

If Hosuke is scum, the scum had a whole night to come up with a plan to either save him, give him cover, or steer game away from him.

Why has none of that happened?

Foxcastle

#2177 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am
I fail to see the problem with madonna reveal if they are town. It gives us 2 townclears (with a demo proof) and doesn't increase their NKability.

The longer it is unravelled the more suspicious of ItsHosuke I get.

Also Jamie if you have really solved the clue you should reveal and explain. Until you do so I shall consider you scum.

@worcej please switch back to ItsHo
As I see no one cares to join me on vapor, ##vote ItsHo
I would

worcej

#2178 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am
if Jamie is town, there's a scum in xorxes/worcej

##VOTE Chaqa

:sick:
How?!? Again, wtf with your connections?

brainbomb

#2179 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm
If Hosuke is scum, the scum had a whole night to come up with a plan to either save him, give him cover, or steer game away from him.

Why has none of that happened?
maybe it did
and they decided there was nothing worth doing.
and hope people forget or get diverted to a ml

xorxes

#2180 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:03 pm
You're actually nearly the bottom of my scumreads. Moreso now, because this kind of idiotic tunnel you're in is exactly how I watched you lose M1007.
I'm not in a tunnel. I cannot name one scum with any certainty at this point. I want to know the truth about the masons.
I have spent so much time this phase defending Hosuke from an obvious mislynch that I haven't had time to build a real case on who I think is scummy. I've tried at the fringes.
False. Hosuke was not under pressure until relatively late, way after you were set on lynching Percy or damo.
But I'm probably going to sit on you, Xorxes, until I can vote for whichever wagon is most likely to save Hosuke.
Noted.