Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#381 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:43 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:31 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm
at this point emc has responded to being voted in the worst most frozen ways.

Anyone ignoring the 5 wagon on him is ignoring a big pink elephant in the room and is highly sus
With over 24+ hours left, I think focusing on the current 5 vote wagon as important is more sus than ignoring it.
we havent focused on it. if you think emc is a ml you should be explaining why. and thumbing who among his voters is scum
The real reason to ignore it for now is exactly because EMC hasnt been doing shit. He's normally a pretty easy townread once he starts doing stuff.

damo666

#382 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:24 pm
damo is town, he's actually invested and make serious posts.

I've caught scum damo using a bit of flirting to pocket people so him not using that is a good thing this time

I'm also impressed by rivera's posts in regards to this 'massclaim' discussion. I think he's doing the most perfect job in dismantling bozo's arguments.

rivera :o wow
Trying to pocket me Vapo(u)r?

Vecna

#383 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 pm
Currently the following would be my lynch pool:
bo_sox
Chaqa
emc
flash
Mike
MoscowFleet
Vecna
worcej
Thats a pretty bad non-resonating lynchpool right there. Me and Worcej are town. And the rest is like a list of people that havent done shit.

foodcoats

#384 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 pm
I am OK with voting for either bo_sox or MoscowFleet for posting just to get off the non-poster list.
Barf. You follow up the mass claim argument with going after lurkers? Jesus, maybe you are a good D1 lynch because your progressions so far are horrible.
I don't know enough about the structural ramifications of Mafia setups to know whether a mass claim is a good or a bad thing for town, but what I do like about bozo is that she/he tries to set up a framework/process for making good choices.

In that respect I think that lynching the lurkers is an acceptable, even if imperfect, policy. I agree with bozo that there are several players who have basically farted on the thread and called it contributing, and that is at the very least anti-town.

That said, I'd rather vote for someone specifically scummy. I have a scum-lean on Percy for the hedgy reading of worcej and possibly buddying me earlier, and scum-lean on emc for the original post and for following up with not much more.

I think Foxcastle and Vecna feel town - Fox for solviness, Vecna for zeal. Slight townlean on bozo also, though from what I have heard of his/her meta, I believe the mass claim approach is NAI.

bozotheclown

#385 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
bo_sox
Chaqa
emc
flash
Mike
MoscowFleet
Vecna
worcej
Thats a pretty bad non-resonating lynchpool right there. Me and Worcej are town. And the rest is like a list of people that havent done shit.
Since you are still in my lynch pool I am not going to take your word for it that you are town.

Vecna

#386 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Fox & others are being unreasonable when they vote e.m.c for his past placement of votes

At least, wait for the guy, wait to see how e.m.c votes and guess what? e.m.c finally voted before EOD, he voted himself early and people are still moaning about his past games

Let the guy be, if he wants to vote 1 second before EOD, it's part of who he is and we should accept this. Every one of you has his own quirks and has been anti-town many times, why shouldn't e.m.c keep his style?

This e.m.c wagon is weak regardless if e.m.c is scum or not this game
At least this post is ok, I guess. Unless EMC does turn out to be scum, then its pretty awkward, but I doubt Vapour just goes out and buddies all his scumbuds.

Vecna

#387 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:56 pm
Vecna, I have no clue what you're talking about in regards to me and Percy.

My weakness towards him is due to the fact that he's Australian (not Australian)

I really don't have experience with him outside of this site.

Thanks for giving me a partner, tho. I love to socialize.
Then why are you pretending to be an expert on how he plays and defending him when im trying to crush his little shell and get him lynched?

Vecna

#388 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:05 pm

damo666 wrote:
Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:24 pm
damo is town, he's actually invested and make serious posts.

I've caught scum damo using a bit of flirting to pocket people so him not using that is a good thing this time

I'm also impressed by rivera's posts in regards to this 'massclaim' discussion. I think he's doing the most perfect job in dismantling bozo's arguments.

rivera :o wow
Trying to pocket me Vapo(u)r?
When even damo himself knows hes done absolutely fuck-all to be townread

Vaporwave

#389 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm

I won't be voting for Percy because I believe he's town

however I won't stand in a way if someone feels he's scum

My stronger town feels are on worcej, he's the one that I would advise NOT lynching at this stage in D1

maybe rivera also, but I need to ponder on rivera, whether I like his phrasing or he's doing town's work

Vecna

#390 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 pm
I am OK with voting for either bo_sox or MoscowFleet for posting just to get off the non-poster list.
Barf. You follow up the mass claim argument with going after lurkers? Jesus, maybe you are a good D1 lynch because your progressions so far are horrible.
I don't know enough about the structural ramifications of Mafia setups to know whether a mass claim is a good or a bad thing for town, but what I do like about bozo is that she/he tries to set up a framework/process for making good choices.

In that respect I think that lynching the lurkers is an acceptable, even if imperfect, policy. I agree with bozo that there are several players who have basically farted on the thread and called it contributing, and that is at the very least anti-town.

That said, I'd rather vote for someone specifically scummy. I have a scum-lean on Percy for the hedgy reading of worcej and possibly buddying me earlier, and scum-lean on emc for the original post and for following up with not much more.

I think Foxcastle and Vecna feel town - Fox for solviness, Vecna for zeal. Slight townlean on bozo also, though from what I have heard of his/her meta, I believe the mass claim approach is NAI.
If people wouldve been townreading the slot for this post at least id understand. This was a good post that indicates some level of town-thinking. Percy earlier was just trying to look for weak reasons to townread a slot hes unfamiliair with and I will keep stating that imo there was no genuine thought process leading to it.

Vaporwave

#391 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm

it's not a crime to like damo early in the game

I'm feeling positive towards him

Vaporwave

#392 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Vecna, you're familiar with me being unable to keep it inside

I spew early reads as they come, regardless if accurate or not

this is where I'm at:

Vecna

#393 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
bo_sox
Chaqa
emc
flash
Mike
MoscowFleet
Vecna
worcej
Since you are still in my lynch pool I am not going to take your word for it that you are town.
But what use is it to have a lynchpool if youre not gonna do shit to further sophisticate your reads and to decide which one you want to lynch?

Because all the interacting youve done with me is being a bit indignant because im shooting down your plan, without actually getting down and dirty with the who, what and why.

Not a lot of conviction behind either Bozo. Should I be disappointed or just start getting suspicious.

fight me.

Vecna

#394 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm

My stronger town feels are on worcej, he's the one that I would advise NOT lynching at this stage in D1

maybe rivera also, but I need to ponder on rivera, whether I like his phrasing or he's doing town's work
The only towny thing Rdrivera has done so far is being ignorant of the fact that the power thief's mechanisms have changed since the initial version of this setup. Which is something I only noticed after our little discussion with Bozo.

That also probably means something for bozo, since he didnt threw that fact in our face. Not sure yet if thats good for him also not realizing that, or bad because he has no conviction to really get his plan to pass. In the past id think he be all up in those mechanics when coming with a plan like this.

Vecna

#395 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm
Vecna, you're familiar with me being unable to keep it inside

I spew early reads as they come, regardless if accurate or not

this is where I'm at:
Im familiar with the vapour where I read your thought process and I feel all fuzzy inside because its similar to my own.

But then again, maybe im just being hateful because we disagree on Percy.

Upon reflecting a bit more, I doubt a scum vapour would be doing weird shit like giving random townreads to Rdrivera and Damo in the way you did, being completely ignorant of the fact that they posted like 4 times with very little content.

bozotheclown

#396 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:

But what use is it to have a lynchpool if youre not gonna do shit to further sophisticate your reads and to decide which one you want to lynch?

Because all the interacting youve done with me is being a bit indignant because im shooting down your plan, without actually getting down and dirty with the who, what and why.

Not a lot of conviction behind either Bozo. Should I be disappointed or just start getting suspicious.

fight me.
I am already voting for bo_sox. I can't make the less active players do anything, but they are in my lynch pool until they show why they should not be. As for you and worcej, the 11 players not in my lynch pool have looked more like town so far.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#397 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Maybe I’m just rusty, but bozo is putting off some super scum vibes to me. Between the terrible massclaim idea and his Lynch pool being seemingly everyone who hasn’t yet voted (plus Vecna for some reason?), I don’t understand his motivations whatsoever.

Is this how he normally plays?

bozotheclown

#398 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:14 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm

The only towny thing Rdrivera has done so far is being ignorant of the fact that the power thief's mechanisms have changed since the initial version of this setup. Which is something I only noticed after our little discussion with Bozo.

That also probably means something for bozo, since he didnt threw that fact in our face. Not sure yet if thats good for him also not realizing that, or bad because he has no conviction to really get his plan to pass. In the past id think he be all up in those mechanics when coming with a plan like this.
What initial setup are you referring to?

bozotheclown

#399 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:23 pm
Maybe I’m just rusty, but bozo is putting off some super scum vibes to me. Between the terrible massclaim idea and his Lynch pool being seemingly everyone who hasn’t yet voted (plus Vecna for some reason?), I don’t understand his motivations whatsoever.

That is not accurate, Percy Williams and rdrivera have not voted and they are not in my scum pool, which means there are 2 more in my scum pool who have voted.

bozotheclown

#400 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Also I obviously disagree that a mass claim is a terrible idea.