Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
connorcompton

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#5901 Post by connorcompton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 pm

This is another example of my ideas being overlooked simply because I was the one to utter them.

Please tell me why my logic is wrong if that's your opinion, but don't try to shade me without telling everyone what is wrong with my logic.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems here that you think:
A) Damo is scummier than Connor
B) Connor should die before Damo
If either of them is town, than it proves the other is scum. So if whoever is NKed flips town, than we lynch the other.

But, damo is acting scummier than connor, so if both are scum, than we're more likely to think that damo flipping scum "clears" connor than the other way around (which makes us less objective towards connor than we might be towards damo and allow him to lurk to victory).

Again, you're not bothering to look at my underlying logic.
How about instead of trying to kill people you think are more likely town, you just convince everyone to not immediately clear me.

connorcompton

#5902 Post by connorcompton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:23 pm

:lol: :smirk:

Here's where you suggested fox/teacon as options:
p236

p237 one post right after the other.

Durga, stop lying. Durga and squigs both suggested that Neph choose us for today. If you think fox/teacon is TvT, then kknow this: Balki/durga/squigs are responsible. Check it out in iso.
Oh please, I've made comments on people I think are scummy all game and it's not just you two (see balki's mega post of my scum reads for example). You ARE lying by saying I induced Neph to choose you two. It's scummy, manipulative and misleading. I've been very hesitant about Neph's power and did not approve of the choices before he pulled the trigger.

I would never have told him to use the power without hearing the rb claimant
Well, I had to send it in at some stage and that was my last chance before I went to bed. The timezones made it very awkward.

Also, it is worth noting that connor was definitely online and reading the thread and DID NOT claim the rb.

Connor should be the next lynch.
I was online for less than an hour at 5am. I started to catch-up and honestly didn't realise that claiming roleblock was a good idea. I claimed as soon as I could in the afternoon.

As an aside, it seems that delaying the claim did manage to get one scum out of the woods and in everyone's focus. Could delaying the rb claim be a realistic strategy?

connorcompton

#5903 Post by connorcompton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:16 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:40 am
Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:06 am
Connor and damo are NOT a 50/50, damo goddamn scum slipped
Perhaps. And damo is really acting scummy. But damo being scum does NOT mean connor is "cleared" of being scum.

I'm not doubting damo is scum, I'm just stating that connor might be as well.
So please! (Tell the BA to) Kill damo and then not clear me. You don't have to clear me!

ChippeRock

#5904 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:59 am

connorcompton wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems here that you think:
A) Damo is scummier than Connor
B) Connor should die before Damo
If either of them is town, than it proves the other is scum. So if whoever is NKed flips town, than we lynch the other.

But, damo is acting scummier than connor, so if both are scum, than we're more likely to think that damo flipping scum "clears" connor than the other way around (which makes us less objective towards connor than we might be towards damo and allow him to lurk to victory).

How about instead of trying to kill people you think are more likely town, you just convince everyone to not immediately clear me.
You see, that's a very hard thing to do - especially if you're me. People aren't exactly predisposed to considering my ideas.

et

#5905 Post by et » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:00 am

connorcompton wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 am
et wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 pm
I made list and I am going to verify from Day1.
1 damo-Connor-Fox-ND
2 damo-Fox-ND-peter
3 damo-Connor-Fox-peter
4 damo-Connor-peter-ND
5 damo-Connor-Flav-ND
1 is the list I think most likely.
2 is second likely, 3 is third...
These may change by verification.
You think it's that likely both me and damo are scum?
There are 2 reasons.
1 damo is too scummy to claim RB
2 There are many players more tawny than you(at least for me).
If you become more towny, I will think that is damo's WIFOM.

et

#5906 Post by et » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:32 am

et wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 pm
I made list and I am going to verify from Day1.
1 damo-Connor-Fox-ND
2 damo-Fox-ND-peter
3 damo-Connor-Fox-peter
4 damo-Connor-peter-ND
5 damo-Connor-Flav-ND
1 is the list I think most likely.
2 is second likely, 3 is third...
These may change by verification.
I verified. And I don't change it for now.
I can't say Fox/ND by Day3 vote.
I was stuck a little that ND requested judge to choose damo, Fox, me.
But Fox and damo were scumread by many players already, so I can't say ND/Fox, ND/damo.

And I reread Percy too.
My townread on Percy is weaker than before.
But Percy is hard to apply scumteam.
damo-Percy-Flav-Connor
damo-Percy-Flav- ND
damo-Percy-Peter-Connor
damo-Percy-Peter-ND
are possible?
Any list don't ring a bell.
I premise on Flav/Fox, Percy/Fox, Flav/Peter.

damo666

#5907 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:33 am

connorcompton wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Oh please, I've made comments on people I think are scummy all game and it's not just you two (see balki's mega post of my scum reads for example). You ARE lying by saying I induced Neph to choose you two. It's scummy, manipulative and misleading. I've been very hesitant about Neph's power and did not approve of the choices before he pulled the trigger.

I would never have told him to use the power without hearing the rb claimant
Well, I had to send it in at some stage and that was my last chance before I went to bed. The timezones made it very awkward.

Also, it is worth noting that connor was definitely online and reading the thread and DID NOT claim the rb.

Connor should be the next lynch.
I was online for less than an hour at 5am. I started to catch-up and honestly didn't realise that claiming roleblock was a good idea. I claimed as soon as I could in the afternoon.

As an aside, it seems that delaying the claim did manage to get one scum out of the woods and in everyone's focus. Could delaying the rb claim be a realistic strategy?
How convenient.

damo666

#5908 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 am

@BA Do me a favour please. Lynch Chips tonight and then we can lynch Connor tomorrow. Thanks.

ChippeRock

#5909 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 am
@BA Do me a favour please. Lynch Chips tonight and then we can lynch Connor tomorrow. Thanks.
If he did that (or NKed anybody but you two), that would prove that the BA is either you (damo) or connor. I don't think that's in his best interests.

damo666

#5910 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:14 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 am
damo666 wrote:
If he did that (or NKed anybody but you two), that would prove that the BA is either you (damo) or connor. I don't think that's in his best interests.
Why couldn't it be ND disobeying 'instructions'?

damo666

#5911 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Perhaps the BA cannot kill you by definition eh Chips?

damo666

#5912 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:20 pm

ND being my best guess at BA, Chips guess no. 2. Connor, et, Peter, Percy, Squigs and Flav all possibles however.

Except I very much doubt it's Flav because he is scum.

ChippeRock

#5913 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Damo, why are you deliberately acting so scummy?

damo666

#5914 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:53 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 pm
Damo, why are you deliberately acting so scummy?
I'm not. Town has imploded. Connor running rings around us.

Actually to be fair you are one of the few to recognise this as even a possibility.

ND

#5915 Post by ND » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Damo, ur scum dude. It's over for you. Done.

Foxcastle

#5916 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 pm
This is another example of my ideas being overlooked simply because I was the one to utter them.
I tend to think appeals to pity like this are scummy and likely with newer players who haven't rolled scum before. But I also think Chippe is probably so full of himself he could actually believe it.

Foxcastle

#5917 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Also, Flavius was at least looking at the thread after EON. Curious that he didn't come on to rail about the result.

ND

#5918 Post by ND » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:34 pm

My thoughts on the scum team. I likely won't be around much more today. I have some stuff I have to do IRl.

Damo666
Obvious candidate and my top scum read. Sure, it’s *possible* that Damo and Conner are both scum and they messed up with a fake rb claim D4. Or one of them claimed RB after Rbing N3 hoping to get the BA. When that plan failed; one of them fake claimed despite being a real rb out there to obscure another town clear for as long as possible. I don’t think Conner is bright enough to do this on his own. Damo is fortunately a mental midget, scummy AF, and well just truly bad at the game. His actions thus far demonstrate one of a carefree coasting lurker who plops his votes down on Bozo (town), Espresso (town), Teacon (town) OVER xorxes, and teacon (town) again. Granted Conner isn’t much better with the vote history or well post history. Neither really game solve or deduce anything. But, when it comes down to it I think Damo is more of a scumbag and capable of doing something like this then Conner.

Percy
Is a top read for me. Percy is playing a different games then the ones I have seen before. I haven’t really seen anything from Percy that has impressed me. He has kind of impressed me as a rising player on this website in previous games prompting me to townread him in those games. This game he has basically been MIA. NAI by itself, but when you look at him in the bigger picture he kind of is like Damo or Conner he has been coasting, not doing much, trying not to make waves. That’s the kind of play I would expect for someone playing scum. His votes have been Fox D4 so we can’t draw conclusions from that, Teacon D3 (town) over Xorxes, Espresso (town) D2, Bozo (town) D1. Important to note that out of this list so far both Percy and Damo chose to vote Teacon over Xorxes D3. Both also chose EP over ET D2. Who else voted for EP over ET? Balki and Xorxes.

ET
Is another top read for me. I’ve written about him twice now with two massive case posts. I’ve written about his posts and his vote history previously. ET is a suspicious candidate. I am not going to dwell on this guy. He is scum and if you want to re-read my cases then please do so to understand my reasoning for him.

Flav
I think Flav makes sense to be scum. He is my weakest scum read. I’m not sold 100% on him yet but somethings standout. I’ve noted his buddying attempts with Chippie earlier in the game. He was a lynch candidate D1. Balki (Scum) being the lead vote on Flav and the wagon leader does kind of cast some shade on Flav. It’s possible this was an early bus attempt by Balki. Something that the rest of the mafia team didn’t really go along with. If I am right about Percy, ET, Damo then they formed a big block of the Bozo voters while Xorxes threw his vote on Percy (another potential mafia) candidate. Yes he has posted a lot, but what has he really done? He did vote Et D2, he was the final vote on Xorxes d3, and he has pressed Fox hard. His votes are decent (Xorxes, Et), but I don’t know and this is one I could be wrong on. If I am then by simple elimination process it should be Conner or Fox as the final spot here.

BA Candidate

I think it’s Chippie. Chippie makes the most sense to be the BA in my mind. No kill N1 so he probably scouted, killed TrPrado N2 which makes sense for Chippie to do since he was very hard against me and TrPrado. I am honestly surprised he didn’t kill me. Killed Balki N3 to clear himself up. The whole I am a VT thing kind of makes sense here too because he would have wanted to try and seed that thought and get as much pressure off him as early as possible. It didn’t work the way he wanted, but then again he isn’t that bright. I think the kills, the play, and the role fits the most for Chippie.

Peter would be a secondary pick for me for BA. He has played a quiet game since coming in to replace Moscow and Moscow was already quiet. This illustrates that there may be something there. Not too many waves, but for some reason he doesn’t fit in my mind as a scum candidate. The fact that he is replaced (NAI) I know and the quiet game makes me think that maybe he could be BA or something. But, I prefer Chip over Peter for BA.

If the BA isn’t Chippie or Peter then we have to start looking at more extreme possibilities such as Foxcastle, Flav, or potentially Conner? I am rulling Squigs out of this I think he is pretty clearly town and was RBed already so he can’t be BA at a minimum. Durga and Neph are town. I am town. So, Chippie (one of Fox-Flav in that order) and Conner as just a remote remote chance.

connorcompton

#5919 Post by connorcompton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:36 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:59 am
connorcompton wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 am
ChippeRock wrote:

You see, that's a very hard thing to do - especially if you're me. People aren't exactly predisposed to considering my ideas.
It's because you're framing them wrong. Instead of saying 'don't clear connor if damo is scum', you're saying 'you are going to clear connor so let's just kill him now'.
And not every people is Durga. :)

connorcompton

#5920 Post by connorcompton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:37 pm

damo666 wrote:
The BA can't kill themselves :)