Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
teacon7

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#5461 Post by teacon7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:53 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:35 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Oh please, I've made comments on people I think are scummy all game and it's not just you two (see balki's mega post of my scum reads for example). You ARE lying by saying I induced Neph to choose you two. It's scummy, manipulative and misleading. I've been very hesitant about Neph's power and did not approve of the choices before he pulled the trigger.

I would never have told him to use the power without hearing the rb claimant
I agree that you were asking about rb claims all day. That's good.

But can you point me to the post where you said you disapproved of Neph's choices? It doesn't seem to exist. In fact, you asked to influence his choices, suggested fox/teacon/chippe, and then let things slide from there.
I don't disapprove of the choices but I did not approve his choices before he decided. I wish I was around as I would have forced him to wait till someone claimed rb.

Since you're so keen on twisting my words I'm going to assume you're scum and leave my vote here
That's not twisting your words. Those are direct quotations.

We can't know what you intended to say but didn't say. We do know that you told Neph you wanted to influence his choice, then talked about how fox/teacon/chippe were good lynches.

Foxcastle

#5462 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Durga, are you here? I'm kinda waiting for you to do some things.

ND

#5463 Post by ND » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I think both Teacon and Fox are incredibly bad lynches and I am super conflicted about what to do here.

ND

#5464 Post by ND » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

I guess it comes down to which one of you is better at game solving for me. @Fox and @Teacon both of you explain to me why you are better at solving the game. That's all I can think of what to do here.

ND

#5465 Post by ND » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

bcoz its better to keep the best game solver of the two around since I doubt either are scum.

Durga

#5466 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm
Durga, are you here? I'm kinda waiting for you to do some things.
What are you waiting for? I thought you thought I was scum? Would you like me to vote you?

Durga

#5467 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:11 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm
bcoz its better to keep the best game solver of the two around since I doubt either are scum.
Who do you think is scum

Foxcastle

#5468 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 pm
I think both Teacon and Fox are incredibly bad lynches and I am super conflicted about what to do here.
Think about who you want in the endgame. Neither of us will have great reputations—there'll always be that suspicion that the survivor managed to wriggle out, but it'll be hard to muster the interest in relitigating it, I think (especially with Connor Damo up next, but see also et).

I won't self-vote, but I think Teacon might be better. My push of him up through D3 looks pretty lazy, especially given I'm about to do an about-face on him.

et

#5469 Post by et » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:14 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:56 am
I think ET needs to be chosen for this. I think both parts of my review of ET hold up. It also attracted a pretty intense rebuttal from Balki. Unless I'm nuts and I've looked at his nutty post on Page 225 where he reads most of the people in the game, ET isn't on it. He also gives a reply to my case on 207 to ET which I thought was pretty poor. I seriously don't know why I am the only person with a scumread on ET. If ET is not chosen by judge then fine, I don't get it, but w/e.

My secondary read would come to Damo and or Fox
-I've discussed a bit previously D3 the potential for Fox to be scum based on TrPrado it's been countered. Additionally, if you look at Fox's vote history it's not great. Fox was on Flav (D1), Fox was on Espresso (D2) Fox was on Teacon (D3)
-Important note for voting metric both Balki and Xorxes were on Espresso D2 NOT ET
-Damo voted for Bozo (D1), Espresso (D2), and Teacon (D3)
-Both Damo and Fox voted for Teacon over Xorxes (Confirmed Scum) D3
-Xorxes was on Percy D1 and D3 but Balki was on Flav (D1), Espresso (D2), and Xorxes (D3)
-I think picking Fox v Damo or one of them at the minimum is fair. Ideally one of those two vs ET would be great.
ND hoped Fox, damo, and me.
And you are voting teacon now.
And teacon and Fox are bad candidate?
How do you change thought?

ND

#5470 Post by ND » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:11 pm
ND wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm
Who do you think is scum
I don't think either of those two are scum dude.
ET, Damio, Percy, Flav would be about what I am thinking right now.

ND

#5471 Post by ND » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:17 pm

"How do you change thought?"

I read the game man. I think about the game. My opinion is a static block. It can change.

connorcompton

#5472 Post by connorcompton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:30 pm
ND wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 pm
You over Conner
Just because connor has been lurking doesnt mean he's not scum, we need to MAKE him talk
The judge doing damo v connor would have actually been helpful here
Honestly, please. Please make me talk. Genuine request.
I have time this weekend, I can talk.

et

#5473 Post by et » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 pm

It can change. That's true.
I don't blame you now.
I want to know why, how you change thought.

ND

#5474 Post by ND » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 pm

I read the game, I read reactions, I look at the vote metrics, I think about the game. Do you do any of those things @ET or only what your mafia friends tell you to do?

Foxcastle

#5475 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Squigs. What are your thoughts on Durga?

Foxcastle

#5476 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:27 pm

The Teacon Case.

Teacon came to my attention early on because of wagonomics. I tend to believe that scum try to distribute themselves rather than clumping, particularly when it's TvT, so indie wagons are of interest to me, and of all of the players on D1 who were on indie wagons, Teacon was the most interesting.

That's somewhat subject to whether it actually was TvT. If Flavius was scum, as I previously thought, it would have changed the assumptions. I still would be looking for scum on the indie wagons, but would think it less likely that there'd be two. Not impossible though.

Anyway, look for scum on D1 indie wagons, and as Cruaader and EP flipped, I ruled out that both ND and Teacon would clump like that, and of the two of them, it was Teacon I found most likely.

(Aside: think indie wagons are a fine place for town to land, too. I'm not suggesting we should look at them with total suspicion.)

One of the things I did/do think was/is scummy about Teacon is his running commentary. I get that he was working on txt doc, but it began to look less like engagement and more like summaries for the sake of summaries. But looking back again and imagining them as individual replies, they seem more natural.

Teacon may have a point about being setup. Balki did some early pushing on Teacon, including the sketchy bit where he stripped some of Teacon's quotes of timestamps and some context, and then the "Teacon is smarmy" bit. The ongoing exchange across p.40-41 draws Xorxes in, even...
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:14 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:11 pm
Yeah so a question like "do you like joke phases" is a conversation opener. In context (something you don't get if you're doing isos d1 :ahem:), we were all discussing the worth of joke phases. Asking "do you like" is a vague enough opener that it gives someone room to trip themselves up, rather than asking leading questions like: "do you think joke phases generate information?"

Does everyone have to hunt the same way you do?

[That's a rhetorical question balki, the answer is no.]
@teacon meta experts -- I'd be interested in your thoughts about whether teacon is smarmy like this as Town!Teacon.
I'm not an expert, but I spent almost the whole of last game scumreading him when he was town, so I'm standing back for a bit. Smarmy sounds about right. His famous meta as scum was extreme lurkiness (he spent a whole game as scum where all he posted was that he had little time because he was looking for a replacement teacher for his school). I don't doubt he would try to change that meta if he was scum, so I don't put much weight on that.
I mean, it's Day 1 with 22 or so hours to go... Do Balki and Xorxes really try to bus a scummate like that? (Balki sat on Flav the whole day, Xorxes sat on Percy the whole day.) Particularly after Xorxes tried to point Flav and Teacon at eachother earlier?

Didn't appear at all on N1. He was traveling. But if you have to check in on the mafia QT, you check in on the thread, I feel like. This point is pretty thin, though and could go either way.

It took Teacon a while to come around to reading Xorxes as scum. What's the scum play if your scummate busses you on D1? OMGUS? Or ignoring it as long as possible? Or is Xorxes a special case?

Sigh. Today really is looking TvT.

et

#5477 Post by et » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 pm
I read the game, I read reactions, I look at the vote metrics, I think about the game. Do you do any of those things @ET or only what your mafia friends tell you to do?
I do all things. If you reread me, that is obviously.
I think you don't read posts.
Why you don't know why I voted bozo?
I already wrote many times.
If that was ingenuin, please tell me.
You haven't do that.

ND

#5478 Post by ND » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm

et wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 pm
ND wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 pm
I do all things. If you reread me, that is obviously.
I think you don't read posts.
Why you don't know why I voted bozo?
I already wrote many times.
If that was ingenuin, please tell me.
You haven't do that.
Dude I have a Part 1 and Part 2 where I discuss this. I'm not going to get distracted by you right now ET.

connorcompton

#5479 Post by connorcompton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:07 am
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1n0xzqofugfw7y/M46.xlsx?dl=0

It's not particularly exciting. I started with the full list of 330 possible teams (11 choose 4), but it's obviously been pared down.
Wow, that's interesting!

Really bad, but interesting...

Would scum do that, this feels like something I might do regardless of my alignment.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5480 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 pm
Squigs. What are your thoughts on Durga?
If you look at just content and pushes, she really is not townie. But looking at her tone, her many townslips, her jailed claim, the interactions with Balki, the emotion she has shown, she just feels so townie. Hard to fake those things and look as genuine as she has.