Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#5121 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:29 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Why did you quote scum-Durga in a town read then? :?
I was trying to display my full thought process. When I townread someone I don't turn a blind eye to the possibility of them still being scum.
Ah... I misread you then, you were saying "she likes it [as scum] when there are third parties". That was not how I initially parsed it.
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. Actually fox, you were part of the scumteam where Durga was talking about that. The civ mafia game. Do you not remember that?

Durga

#5122 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 pm

curious how i set up for d4/5 mislynches(? not even sure what the d5 mislynch is in reference to and this just sounds like i'm not allowed to have scum reads) when i didn't pick the two people facing off against each other and actually have stated i don't like the judges power but go off teacon.

Foxcastle

#5123 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:29 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 pm

I was trying to display my full thought process. When I townread someone I don't turn a blind eye to the possibility of them still being scum.
Ah... I misread you then, you were saying "she likes it [as scum] when there are third parties". That was not how I initially parsed it.
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. Actually fox, you were part of the scumteam where Durga was talking about that. The civ mafia game. Do you not remember that?
I remember that game, yes. An example of how Balki pushed precisely the same read of me as here, but as town. But I only memorize the nice things Durga says about me, so a lot of the stuff she says about her own play doesn't stick in my head.

Durga

#5124 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm

can both of you explain why the other person is town

teacon7

#5125 Post by teacon7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:30 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:23 pm
Why are the two most scumread people teaming up to attack the most townread person?
I for one figure that I'm going to die today. It's not like durga will swing today. So I'm going to spend the time coming up with a picture of the scumteam that makes sense. Town benefits, and the SK probably doesn't mind either.

@squiggs - did you have thoughts on my explanation of how balki played d3?
We both started our analysis of Balkis D3 with the same disclaimer - he knew he was going to die, so what he did was tainted by wifom. I think your theory of Balki setting you (and/or Fox) up as a mislynch is just as possible as him being a scummate with you. Balkis play D3 should not be the basis of any case on your alignment or Fox's.

I plan on rereading you both after work and posting questions, focusing on non Balki wifom stuff.
Please entertain the question with me. I'm probably going to die today.

Balki's play was full of wifom. No doubt. But it's also zugzwang - he HAS to do SOMETHING. (zugzwang is a chess term, it means: "a situation in which the obligation to make a move in one's turn is a serious, often decisive, disadvantage.")

xorx opted to lurk the whole day. maybe he does have IRL things too, I'd believe that. Xorx' vote on percy means... what? Xorx had to vote. He didn't want to give information by voting. Percy is simply a non-major candidate, maybe their guess at the BA. doesn't matter.

After rdrivera came out with his scan, balki was in a very similar situation. But Balki posted a LOT, and had some pretty specific goals in mind. There's enough to guess at the general shape of what those goals were.

It's too late now. The misdirection worked. Neph was convinced that it had to be one of teacon/fox/damo - THE EXACT PEOPLE THAT BALKI's PLAY SHADED. (I wonder who suggested those options, early d4?) So now here we are. The fact that I was the alternative major wagon to xorx is being dismissed by the clamor of feelings about how scummy I feel.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5126 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Is fake claiming a RB when you weren't actually RBd optimal as any alignment? Other than scum claiming a RB after holding the RB or RBing the player they killed.

Definitely not as town for obvious reasons.
As BA it draws too much attention.
As scum you create a 1v1 with the person you rbd, which usually is not a good trade for scum, unless you just need 1 more mislynch and you think you can win that matchup.

Durga

#5127 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:38 pm
Is fake claiming a RB when you weren't actually RBd optimal as any alignment? Other than scum claiming a RB after holding the RB or RBing the player they killed.

As scum you create a 1v1 with the person you rbd, which usually is not a good trade for scum, unless you just need 1 more mislynch and you think you can win that matchup.
so what do you think? they both claimed after neph already decided the match up right? is there a chance that this is going to for sure end up in a mislynch and then they can win by making us mislynch the real rb claimant?

i'm a little shocked of the chances of the last two people to post being the two who claim rb'd

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5128 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
teacon7 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

I for one figure that I'm going to die today. It's not like durga will swing today. So I'm going to spend the time coming up with a picture of the scumteam that makes sense. Town benefits, and the SK probably doesn't mind either.

@squiggs - did you have thoughts on my explanation of how balki played d3?
We both started our analysis of Balkis D3 with the same disclaimer - he knew he was going to die, so what he did was tainted by wifom. I think your theory of Balki setting you (and/or Fox) up as a mislynch is just as possible as him being a scummate with you. Balkis play D3 should not be the basis of any case on your alignment or Fox's.

I plan on rereading you both after work and posting questions, focusing on non Balki wifom stuff.

Balki's play was full of wifom. No doubt. But it's also zugzwang - he HAS to do SOMETHING. (zugzwang is a chess term, it means: "a situation in which the obligation to make a move in one's turn is a serious, often decisive, disadvantage.")

xorx opted to lurk the whole day. maybe he does have IRL things too, I'd believe that. Xorx' vote on percy means... what? Xorx had to vote. He didn't want to give information by voting. Percy is simply a non-major candidate, maybe their guess at the BA. doesn't matter.

After rdrivera came out with his scan, balki was in a very similar situation. But Balki posted a LOT, and had some pretty specific goals in mind. There's enough to guess at the general shape of what those goals were.

It's too late now. The misdirection worked. Neph was convinced that it had to be one of teacon/fox/damo - THE EXACT PEOPLE THAT BALKI's PLAY SHADED. (I wonder who suggested those options, early d4?) So now here we are. The fact that I was the alternative major wagon to xorx is being dismissed by the clamor of feelings about how scummy I feel.
But both of you were scummy prior to Balki shading you. I'm not saying Balkis play condemns you, I'm saying it doesn't clear you

Durga

#5129 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 pm

honestly after you said it i can see balki being like "i'll sacrifice myself and both of you claim rb so they clear one of you"

i'm going to lose it

teacon7

#5130 Post by teacon7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 pm
curious how i set up for d4/5 mislynches(? not even sure what the d5 mislynch is in reference to and this just sounds like i'm not allowed to have scum reads) when i didn't pick the two people facing off against each other and actually have stated i don't like the judges power but go off teacon.
Case for: Balki used his d3 to set up mislynches :: viewtopic.php?p=85405#p85405

Case for: Durga's play d3 looks very similar to Balki's
:: viewtopic.php?p=85498#p85498

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5131 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 pm
Squigs44 wrote:

so what do you think? they both claimed after neph already decided the match up right? is there a chance that this is going to for sure end up in a mislynch and then they can win by making us mislynch the real rb claimant?

i'm a little shocked of the chances of the last two people to post being the two who claim rb'd
I entertained that theory, but it seems too convoluted. Why set up a damo-connor showdown after the judge picked fox-teacon? I think there was a mistake made by someone. I don't think scums plan was to have this happen.

Nephthys

#5132 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 pm

I can't shake the feeling that Connor/damo is scum/scum. Regardles. Connor was on for a solid 10 mins earlier in the day (look to where I addresssed him with questions) and so his claim is really hard to believe right now. Especially when he didn't respond to anything that I asked him.

As for today. The whole thing is weird abd I'm coming round that fox is the best candidate.

##vote fox

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5133 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm

I think teacon/fox are either both mafia or both town with the way they are playing this.

Durga

#5134 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm
I think teacon/fox are either both mafia or both town with the way they are playing this.
I disagree. I'm leading towards scum!fox and town!teacon atm

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5135 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
I think teacon is townier from the exchange, but they are both playing pretty recklessly, and I can only see mafia playing that way if they are paired with another mafia.

Percy Williams

#5136 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 pm
The BA wasn't rb'd at all. The kill on Balki went through.

Connor or damo might be scum, but neither are BA.
Not necessarily, because only one of them was actually roleblocked. (Unless scum team are wifom masters, and didn't role block, but that's very unlikely) so the other claimant could be a BA trying to fakeclaim to appear Vanilla Town. It could also be a scum trying the same thing.

Foxcastle

#5137 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
Uh, don't say it likes it's new, you've been pushing this unsubstantiated idea for a while now.

teacon7

#5138 Post by teacon7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

But both of you were scummy prior to Balki shading you. I'm not saying Balkis play condemns you, I'm saying it doesn't clear you
Of course I'm not cleared. We don't know any of this 100%. It's a question of probabilities. Balki played. ergo, he had some intended outcome in mind.

Which is more likely:
That Balki used his play to try to save xorx
or
That Balki tried to play a pure random game for maximum wifom
or
That Balki used his play to set up mislynches
?

maximum wifom is impossible there. He's got to do something. Besides fishing for PR claims, he ended the day strong by implicating 3 people as non-xorx alternatives: fox, teacon, damo. His late push on damo make it more probable that damo is scum. Him avoiding fox or I EoD3 means he wanted us shaded by his flip.

It's not 100%, no, but imo that's way better odds than how durga feels about anyone at any given point in the game.

Durga

#5139 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm
Durga wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
I think teacon is townier from the exchange, but they are both playing pretty recklessly, and I can only see mafia playing that way if they are paired with another mafia.
hmmmm. what do you mean recklessly? i feel like if it was scum/scum they'd try and set up one person to look REALLY good when this was over, right?

Percy Williams

#5140 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:52 pm

:lol:
teacon7 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Squiggs: "I did the math, we can afford a mislynch."
Nephthys: "Hold my beer."
:lol:
+1