Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#4821 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:33 am
So the roleblock was between Flav and connor???

Balki probably thought Flav's reaction to Balki claiming BA was evidence that Flav was BA.
Imagine if connor was actually the BA...

Durga

#4822 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 am

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 am
Durga wrote:

Balki probably thought Flav's reaction to Balki claiming BA was evidence that Flav was BA.
did connor have a scum read or any read on trprado?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#4823 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:31 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 am

No I have not (link me to them if you want me to read them because I'm bad at finding crumbs). But until Neph proves himself to be the Judge, I will stand by my vote, since if he can't prove himself to be Judge, than he must be scum.
So instead of spending lots of time spewing aggression at anyone who disagrees with you, maybe you should spend some of that time trying to figure out why they are thinking what they are thinking.

I'll link the crumbs to you in just a bit, but I can't do all the work for you
Look, the crumbs don't really matter at this point. Either Neph is able to prove himself to be the Judge, or he isn't. If it's the latter, than he's almost certainly scum.
Crumb 1
Crumb 2

It's not about the crumbs. It's about listening to the other people in the game and trying to understand them. The best way to solve this game is to understand every other player, why they are posting the way they are posting, why they are pushing the player they are pushing, even down to the reason they used the word bad instead of scummy.
If you can determine their true motives in the game, you have solved the game.

Even solving the game isn't winning either. It's about convincing people to follow you as well. If you don't try to understand them, why should they try to understand you and what you have solved?

Nephthys

#4824 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 am
Nephthys wrote:
Durga wrote:

He moved off him with 3 mins to play D1

ChippeRock

#4825 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:45 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 am
Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 am
You know he used to say I didn't have read but now he says I don't have detailed reads. That's a step up. I'll take it. Thanks for the kind words Chippe.
That changed the moment you made 1 read at the EoD2 - a scumread on Neph (funny how that's aged huh?).
PRs often act scummy - I fully acknowledge I have a hard time distinguishing between scummy play and PR play. I still have a lot to learn, but at least I'm trying and I'm letting my reads evolve. Honestly, you should consider quitting because you're not in any way fun to play with. You should also consider reading the advice on bo_sox's mafia master post so you can learn how to play the game.
I'm playing the game. And believe it or not, I've actually helped Town with my play. It's not in the way you think it is, but I'll explain my gameplay to you all at the end of this game and why that in the end benefited Town.

You fail to acknowledge that this is my 2nd Mafia game - with my 1st one ending halfway through Day 2 - which means I'm not exactly going to make perfect reads or pick up on crumbs or any of that other stuff. Sure, I've read through all of the posts of a couple of Mafia games I didn't play in, but that doesn't translate to in-game experience.

Nephthys

#4826 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 am

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 am
Durga wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 am
Nephthys wrote:

He moved off him with 3 mins to play D1
I actually think there's a case in here almost

et

#4827 Post by et » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 am

And Chippe...
I think I need reread him.
He plays 'too scummy to be scum'?
Why he was quiet Day3?
If he have kept confusing this town,
I would kept reading him as town.

But Day3 was special day.
*we lynched scum.
*Chippe was quiet at Eod.

Those have relationship?
Anyway, I don't agree Chippe v someone today.

ChippeRock

#4828 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 am

Nephthys wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:31 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am

So instead of spending lots of time spewing aggression at anyone who disagrees with you, maybe you should spend some of that time trying to figure out why they are thinking what they are thinking.

I'll link the crumbs to you in just a bit, but I can't do all the work for you
Look, the crumbs don't really matter at this point. Either Neph is able to prove himself to be the Judge, or he isn't. If it's the latter, than he's almost certainly scum.
And you have 24 hours to act once I do/do not. There is no poit doing anything now.

Here's something for you. I will use my power today If I do not then take it as a sign that I am not the judge and they have decided to hold their power. Isn't that kind of me?
Don't take my vote on you personally. The reason I voted on you before there 24 hours to act end is not because I am 100% sure you're scum right now, it's because based on the information we have now, you're probably scum - and this vote, if it gets others who feel the same way, would help force you (if you're the Judge) to use the power and to exonerate yourself.

It's important to signal before your 24 hours to act that if you don't exonerate yourself you're going to get my vote to lynch you.

Nephthys

#4829 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:45 am
Durga wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 am

That changed the moment you made 1 read at the EoD2 - a scumread on Neph (funny how that's aged huh?).
PRs often act scummy - I fully acknowledge I have a hard time distinguishing between scummy play and PR play. I still have a lot to learn, but at least I'm trying and I'm letting my reads evolve. Honestly, you should consider quitting because you're not in any way fun to play with. You should also consider reading the advice on bo_sox's mafia master post so you can learn how to play the game.
I'm playing the game. And believe it or not, I've actually helped Town with my play. It's not in the way you think it is, but I'll explain my gameplay to you all at the end of this game and why that in the end benefited Town.

You fail to acknowledge that this is my 2nd Mafia game - with my 1st one ending halfway through Day 2 - which means I'm not exactly going to make perfect reads or pick up on crumbs or any of that other stuff. Sure, I've read through all of the posts of a couple of Mafia games I didn't play in, but that doesn't translate to in-game experience.
I don't want an answer to this as it will clog the thread but "Is it worth playing the way you are if multiple people express severe distaste with your methods?"

This game isn't all about winning, its about having a challenge and working together to work it out.

ND

#4830 Post by ND » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:56 am

I think ET needs to be chosen for this. I think both parts of my review of ET hold up. It also attracted a pretty intense rebuttal from Balki. Unless I'm nuts and I've looked at his nutty post on Page 225 where he reads most of the people in the game, ET isn't on it. He also gives a reply to my case on 207 to ET which I thought was pretty poor. I seriously don't know why I am the only person with a scumread on ET. If ET is not chosen by judge then fine, I don't get it, but w/e.

My secondary read would come to Damo and or Fox
-I've discussed a bit previously D3 the potential for Fox to be scum based on TrPrado it's been countered. Additionally, if you look at Fox's vote history it's not great. Fox was on Flav (D1), Fox was on Espresso (D2) Fox was on Teacon (D3)
-Important note for voting metric both Balki and Xorxes were on Espresso D2 NOT ET
-Damo voted for Bozo (D1), Espresso (D2), and Teacon (D3)
-Both Damo and Fox voted for Teacon over Xorxes (Confirmed Scum) D3
-Xorxes was on Percy D1 and D3 but Balki was on Flav (D1), Espresso (D2), and Xorxes (D3)
-I think picking Fox v Damo or one of them at the minimum is fair. Ideally one of those two vs ET would be great.

ChippeRock

#4831 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Durga wrote:

I don't want an answer to this as it will clog the thread but "Is it worth playing the way you are if multiple people express severe distaste with your methods?"

This game isn't all about winning, its about having a challenge and working together to work it out.
Again, yes it is worth playing because the way I'm playing is helping town (again, not in the way you're thinking Durga!).

Durga

#4832 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am

ND how do you feel about the fact that you are the only person pushing et. I don't even know if anyone else scum reads et.

Durga

#4833 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am
Nephthys wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

Again, yes it is worth playing because the way I'm playing is helping town (again, not in the way you're thinking Durga!).
is this admission that you're the BA? :)

et

#4834 Post by et » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm
What do you think about the people who adamantly claimed Balki was not BA and that he was mafia? Did they know too much, or would mafia have just played along?
I will reread that.
But town was possible to think Balki was not BA.

ChippeRock

#4835 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:03 am

ND wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:56 am
I think ET needs to be chosen for this. I think both parts of my review of ET hold up. It also attracted a pretty intense rebuttal from Balki. Unless I'm nuts and I've looked at his nutty post on Page 225 where he reads most of the people in the game, ET isn't on it. He also gives a reply to my case on 207 to ET which I thought was pretty poor. I seriously don't know why I am the only person with a scumread on ET. If ET is not chosen by judge then fine, I don't get it, but w/e.

My secondary read would come to Damo and or Fox
-I've discussed a bit previously D3 the potential for Fox to be scum based on TrPrado it's been countered. Additionally, if you look at Fox's vote history it's not great. Fox was on Flav (D1), Fox was on Espresso (D2) Fox was on Teacon (D3)
-Important note for voting metric both Balki and Xorxes were on Espresso D2 NOT ET
-Damo voted for Bozo (D1), Espresso (D2), and Teacon (D3)
-Both Damo and Fox voted for Teacon over Xorxes (Confirmed Scum) D3
-Xorxes was on Percy D1 and D3 but Balki was on Flav (D1), Espresso (D2), and Xorxes (D3)
-I think picking Fox v Damo or one of them at the minimum is fair. Ideally one of those two vs ET would be great.
The only comment I have on your scum read of et is that using the fact that 2 proven scum were on Espresso rather than et to back up your case is ridiculous. There were 2 options, randomly, there's a 25% chance that could of happened. Also, scum aren't exactly going to vote 5-1 or 6-0 on Espresso, it would be something more like 2-4, 3-3, or 4-2 - so votes on Espresso or et are NAI in my opinion.

ChippeRock

#4836 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:05 am

Durga wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

is this admission that you're the BA? :)
No, you ignorant twat. The Blind Assassin has both helped and hurt town, so I'm not really sure how that applies to my comment.

Durga

#4837 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 am

I make a joke and you respond with "you ignorant twat"

You need therapy dude.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#4838 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:07 am

ND is actually trying and putting effort into this case, and despite no one believing him he keeps going.

I think it's worth looking into

ND

#4839 Post by ND » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 am

Fair @Chippie, but at the end of the day I am matching flipped scum up with who they voted. That was a close vote and so far we have found two scum stacked on Espresso. It's interpretative and like I said I stand by my read of ET Part 1 and Part 2. That is the bulk of my argument for sure.

@Durga: How does it make me feel? How do you think? It miffs me. I think it's easy for people to gloss over him because he just blends in and kind of states dominant thought. It's easy to be like oh that guy yeah he seconds me whatever, but when you really freaking look at that guy it's a game running pattern and i seriously don't think he's town that's why I am adamant about this.

Durga

#4840 Post by Durga » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:07 am
ND is actually trying and putting effort into this case, and despite no one believing him he keeps going.

I think it's worth looking into
He tunnels as scum - I've seen it. He's done it on me and Tom Bomb.