Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3921 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 pm
Can someone link to a recent Xorx scum game?

Does he try hard as scum, or just kinda play passive and scared?
passive and lurky iirc. he told me once he won't play diplomacy with me because he hates lying and can't do it and is super bad at it and the only part of mafia he likes is the puzzle solving which he can't do as scum

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3922 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 pm

I generally read Percy to be more townie based on having all of those town reads. Some of them are unpopular. That’s a pretty good towntell.

Nephthys

#3923 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 pm
Can someone link to a recent Xorx scum game?

Does he try hard as scum, or just kinda play passive and scared?
Passive. Most games around 45ish he was scum. Got like 3/4 or something iirc

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3924 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 pm

I think you missed the point where I think Percy will flip scum and reveal at least half the scum team.
Can you give me three bullet points on why you think Percy is scum? And I thought you said that a Xorx flip unravels more.
- PR hunting and BA hunting
- Above with little attempts at solving
- Hedgy play with the other whom I believe to be sum

A xorxes flip provides more although I think Percy is more likely. A Percy flip increases my xorx read which then allows me to be fully happy lynching him. I suppose I would lunch xorx today but would prefer percy.
Really? Like, the only thing Xorx did on Day 1 was vote for Percy. The only thing he did on Day 2 was vote for Percy and then switch after the Judge acted. That just seems kinda mean if they’re on the same team. I don’t buy it.

Nephthys

#3925 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:17 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Can you give me three bullet points on why you think Percy is scum? And I thought you said that a Xorx flip unravels more.
- PR hunting and BA hunting
- Above with little attempts at solving
- Hedgy play with the other whom I believe to be sum

A xorxes flip provides more although I think Percy is more likely. A Percy flip increases my xorx read which then allows me to be fully happy lynching him. I suppose I would lunch xorx today but would prefer percy.
Really? Like, the only thing Xorx did on Day 1 was vote for Percy. The only thing he did on Day 2 was vote for Percy and then switch after the Judge acted. That just seems kinda mean if they’re on the same team. I don’t buy it.
The Percy wagon never had traction. If he's town he did a poor job pushing it. If he's scum it's albeit weak but more believable if you ask me.

Percy Williams

#3926 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 am

Questions for Percy:
You talked about how readslists are beneficial, and asked people to post full lists like TrPrado did. Yet you haven't given one yourself. Why?
You were pretty absent and unimpactful D2 compared to D1. Why?
1.Because honestly, I'm a little lost this game. I wanted to see others read lists, as that is something clear I can read that shows what connections a player wants to make. That tells me a lot, and is easier to review than TrPrado's long analysis posts. In a reads list game, those who really don't want to share, or who have read obvious scum differently stick out very quickly. I will give my thoughts that I can gather in this much too large game, where we have yet to kill scum.

I believe Rdr is reporter. Rdr was townread, and had no reason to lie.

I Believe Balki is BA. Obviously. BAlki. Really though, he's either Mafia or BA, and if he is Mafia, the real BA kills him at night. But setting up that vote reminds me of the way that I wanted discussion on what the doc should do when I was doc. Balki was a town read for me before this, so I think he is BA.

I believe Chills is town. I think he would pretend to be more agreeable as scum. It just occurred to me, what if chippe was crumbing that he was innocent child, ergo Proving he is (Now) a vanilla town.

I believe Durga is town. Solid town play all the way.

I think (MF) Peterlund is town. Not really any Evidence, just a hunch.

I'm no longer so sure about Flavour being town. He's a null in my books. Misguided logic and diversion is a powerful scum tool, but that also just kind of IS Flavius.

Question #2
Day 2, life got busy. Plus two town reads for me were the force lynches. That's a part of why I didn't make a reads list as well.

Percy Williams

#3927 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:16 am
##vote Balki
No, we aren't killing Balki today. I don't think we can correctly lynch mafia six times in a row. I'd rather have Balki scanning / trying to kill mafia for us to give us better odds.
I concur. It is possible for us to win, but it becomes increasingly difficult the earlier we kill th BA.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3928 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 am

Questions for Percy:
You talked about how readslists are beneficial, and asked people to post full lists like TrPrado did. Yet you haven't given one yourself. Why?
You were pretty absent and unimpactful D2 compared to D1. Why?
1.Because honestly, I'm a little lost this game. I wanted to see others read lists, as that is something clear I can read that shows what connections a player wants to make. That tells me a lot, and is easier to review than TrPrado's long analysis posts. In a reads list game, those who really don't want to share, or who have read obvious scum differently stick out very quickly. I will give my thoughts that I can gather in this much too large game, where we have yet to kill scum.

I believe Rdr is reporter. Rdr was townread, and had no reason to lie.

I Believe Balki is BA. Obviously. BAlki. Really though, he's either Mafia or BA, and if he is Mafia, the real BA kills him at night. But setting up that vote reminds me of the way that I wanted discussion on what the doc should do when I was doc. Balki was a town read for me before this, so I think he is BA.

I believe Chills is town. I think he would pretend to be more agreeable as scum. It just occurred to me, what if chippe was crumbing that he was innocent child, ergo Proving he is (Now) a vanilla town.

I believe Durga is town. Solid town play all the way.

I think (MF) Peterlund is town. Not really any Evidence, just a hunch.

I'm no longer so sure about Flavour being town. He's a null in my books. Misguided logic and diversion is a powerful scum tool, but that also just kind of IS Flavius.

Question #2
Day 2, life got busy. Plus two town reads for me were the force lynches. That's a part of why I didn't make a reads list as well.
Maybe we should lynch Percy. These reads are mainstream or hedgy and tell us nothing. The judge making it et vs ep is not a valid excuse to lurk or hold off reads.

Durga

#3929 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:31 pm

DId Percy mention the BA early on?

I can see scum!xorx simply voting for who he thought was the BA. That would make Percy likely to be town.

Durga

#3930 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Honestly squigs, I thought those reads were the best thing he's produced all game. I don't really want to lynch him. I like his peterlund read. Just a hunch is like, so townie.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3931 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:35 pm

#wheresdamo
#wheresconnor
#wheresnd

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3932 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Town is at MYLO. Why is it so hard to get people to play?

Durga

#3933 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm

I actually feel really comfortable with this vote.

We've never been SO ROYALLY FUCKED and have xorx to provide no content. He would have been pretty annoyed with Tr dying as town and would have taken more of a lead rather than just go back and read Tr's posts to see who he scanned. I am positive that xorxes doesn't care about this game. I am fairly positive xorxes will flip scum.

Just a reminder that town xorx is a stubborn, aggressive, and intense player.

This is not town xorx.

Percy Williams

#3934 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm

et wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:09 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:01 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Because xorxes is really good, and if he isn't killed by Night 3, something is up
If you guys keep saying this, scum won't lynch Xorxes even if he is town, because we will lynch him next phase.
Do you think Flav is town and xorxes is scum?
I'm now unsure about both, but at the time I thought Flavour was town, and was unsure of xorxes. I don't think they are both Mafia though, As a scum has no reason to say that a scum is scum if they don't get NK'd (Since a Mafia member would never be NK'd)

Durga

#3935 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:36 pm
Town is at MYLO. Why is it so hard to get people to play?
>>when the BA is more townie than 70% of town

Percy Williams

#3936 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:39 pm

et wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:20 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:12 pm
et wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Do you think Flav is town and xorxes is scum?
Based on the way Flavius has played past games, I do think Flavius is Town. I am less sure on Xorxes, but he does seem kind of Scummy to me. I don't want to repeat the Xorxes V Teacon battle of the last game, it happened almost the same time, a lynch or to from mislynch lose.
Thanks I don't read past game yet.
Xorxes V Teacon battle was active town v active town battle?
Not sure if anyone answered already, but yes.

Durga

#3937 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Did anyone know this?

"A roleblocked player will report as ‘staying home’ if scanned by the reporter."

Nephthys

#3938 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:43 pm

@percy please respond to my question.

I suppose a xorx lynch works but know that when he flips Percy is pretty much conf scum.

@Durga, who's your current Poe?

Durga

#3939 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:43 pm
Did anyone know this?

"A roleblocked player will report as ‘staying home’ if scanned by the reporter."
Nevermind I misread this. Duh they wouldn't be able to do anything so ofc they stayed at home.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3940 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:46 pm

@Durga, I think you're right about Xorx. I think he's our best bet.

##vote Xorxes

ConnorCompton has posted exactly three times since Day 1. Seems like he needs a sub too. Not sure if it's alignment indicative. Does anyone know Connor? I thought his Day 1 was decent for a first try, but he just hasn't been here since.