Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3321 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:16 pm
Looool the town cop. Nice one BA
oml he didnt even listen to us

Durga

#3322 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:23 pm

I'm really concerned about how to consolidate towns vote when the numbers are like that. Now if I trusted the judge, I would say great, but I don't, and I don't think the judge should use their power today. We definitely need a town leader though. Maybe the innocent child should reveal? I don't know. I'm getting a bit nervous and I don't have time to play this day probably. I won't even be around end of day.

FlaviusAetius

#3323 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:10 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:08 pm

As long as the SK is alive, figuring out how many lynches we have is tricky. But for all intents and purposes, treat this lynch as if it were mylo
I have to leave in 5 but can you run the maths and show us the deal. That would be lovely <3
So we are down to 16 players - 9 / 6 / 1

If we mislynch a town today, we go to 8 / 6 / 1
If SK makes another stupid play and kills town, it is 6 / 6 / 1, which means even if we lynch mafia every single day, we are at the peril of the SK's night kills, and if we lynch SK, we lose. Basically a loss.
If SK actually hits a mafia, it is 7 / 5 / 1, and we are in another mylo position.

If we lynch SK today, we go to 9 / 6
Mafia makes a kill putting it at 8 / 6 tomorrow which is mylo

If we lynch mafia today we go to 9 / 5 / 1 and worst case two town deaths puts us at 7 / 5 / 1 which is another mylo position.

Basically if we mislynch today we put our fate into the SK's hands.
If we lynch SK, we go into mylo tomorrow.
If we lynch mafia, we still might get screwed over and go into mylo tomorrow.

Not good at all.
So we need to find two mafia today, thats just great

FlaviusAetius

#3324 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:23 pm
I'm really concerned about how to consolidate towns vote when the numbers are like that. Now if I trusted the judge, I would say great, but I don't, and I don't think the judge should use their power today. We definitely need a town leader though. Maybe the innocent child should reveal? I don't know. I'm getting a bit nervous and I don't have time to play this day probably. I won't even be around end of day.
Innocent child should never reveal unless it looks like their about to die, them revealing would be an automatic NK
Also, them revealing means absolutely nothing, because people would still disagree with them

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3325 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Did anyone even vote for TrPrado in Balki's thing? All of the people with powers in this game have hindered us more than helped.

Thankfully Tom posted some detailed reads before his death, and TrPrado has a lot of content to look through, so I will definitely be incorporating those reads into my decision.

For now I stand by my BA vote. One of Percy/Xorxes if not both are very likely scum imo.

##Vote Percy

FlaviusAetius

#3326 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Im rereading Tom right now before I have to go there must have been some reason the mafia thought he was dangerous to keep a live

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3327 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:28 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:26 pm
Durga wrote:
Innocent child should never reveal unless it looks like their about to die, them revealing would be an automatic NK
Also, them revealing means absolutely nothing, because people would still disagree with them
Do you know what innocent child's power is Flav? Seriously why don't people read in this game?

Durga

#3328 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:28 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Durga wrote:
At least there would be a confirmed town to follow. But fair.

@judge - before you use your last round of power you HAVE to claim. In fact, maybe just claim now and we can decide which 2 people to put up and you can direct the lynch or something.

ChippeRock

#3329 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Durga wrote:
Probably now's a good time for the innocent child to reveal...

I think the Judge has to use his power again, even if he doesn't rule out any of the obvious townies, and he chooses the two candidates randomly there's about a 61% chance one of the two candidates is scum. If he rules out 4 townies as obvious town, than that percentage increases to 75%.

It's a good gamble to make, and we need gambles to work in order to have any chance of winning this game.

I think Judge needs to use his power and the Innocent Child both need to reveal, because the end is near if we don't get this lynch right, we almost certainly lose - and gambles have to be taken in order for us to have a chance of salvaging this game. The Innocent Child essentially becomes a VT after revealing, so Mafia's better off taking their chances trying to hit the SK or a town with PR since they're at least guaranteed to NK a VT (which the Innocent Child effectively becomes after revealing).

Durga

#3330 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:31 pm

I change my mind on innocent child revealing.

I think judge reveals and leads the day.

Durga

#3331 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:32 pm

Judge is also a VT after the use of their last power. So it's best if they reveal before they use their power for a dumb face off. And with such high influence scum has on the game it'll be important to follow the judge.

ChippeRock

#3332 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:28 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Durga wrote:
At least there would be a confirmed town to follow. But fair.

@judge - before you use your last round of power you HAVE to claim. In fact, maybe just claim now and we can decide which 2 people to put up and you can direct the lynch or something.
I have to agree with Durga here. After you use your last round of power, you effectively become a VT - meaning Mafia would rather try NKing the BA or a town with PR than someone who's effectively a VT, since they're guaranteed NKing a VT no matter what.

Before you use your power, claim as Judge and list out your 2 lynch candidates - than immediately PM the GM and order them to narrow the field down to those 2 candidates. This will prove you're the judge, since if you're fake claiming, the real judge simply would put a different set of lynch candidates or not use his power at all.

ChippeRock

#3333 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:32 pm
Judge is also a VT after the use of their last power. So it's best if they reveal before they use their power for a dumb face off. And with such high influence scum has on the game it'll be important to follow the judge.
We need as much information as we can get. After using their powers, Judge & Innocent Child just become glorified VTs and Mafia has no incentive to NK them, since they have a better shot at trying to kill the BA or PR townie.

Durga

#3334 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:35 pm

There's only one town PR after the innocent child and the judge, and it's a pretty useless reporter.

Besides, scum haven't been aiming for PR, they're aiming for people who won't get mislynched. Pretty sure Tom is VT.

We're probably losing this game because this BA is so anti-town, agh.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3335 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Guys, judge can't use their power on consecutive days. Please everyone go re-read the OP so that we stop having stuff like this happen.

ChippeRock

#3336 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:31 pm
I change my mind on innocent child revealing.

I think judge reveals and leads the day.
Completely disagree, we need as much information as we can get in order to try preventing another mislynch - which basically loses us the game. Both of them need to claim and Judge has to prove it by listing the 2 lynch candidates before worcej/Jamiet post them.

Both need to prove that they're town and reveal themselves.

Nephthys

#3337 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 pm

What if we got both the judge and inno to reveal?

That way we have at least one TC going into tomorrow and we have 2 people to lead the way today?

Foxcastle

#3338 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Wow. We are fucked.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3339 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:39 pm

TrPrado near the end of N1 called for a FoxCastle lynch. At the start of D1 he went after Fox aggressively with what I thought was a weak case. Before he died tonight Fox and teacon were his top two scumreads.

From what I can see TrPrado could have very likely scanned FoxCastle as guilty. Going to re-read more of TrPrado, but others should look at this as well.

ChippeRock

#3340 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:37 pm
Guys, judge can't use their power on consecutive days. Please everyone go re-read the OP so that we stop having stuff like this happen.
Ah, right. Fuck. Innocent Child needs to reveal though.