Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#2681 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 am

I don't think Flav is scum, EP. I feel like your reads are the one thing holding me back from strongly defending you as town.

EspressoPatronum

#2682 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:39 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:35 am
Does anyone scum read either player?
I'm going to have to think for a while tomorrow on whether a no-lynch is a good idea.

I don't think I've ever voted for a no-lynch.... but I've also never played with a judge ability in the game before. My internal meta says it's bad, but I'll try to look at it from a more objective view.

More detailed thoughts on this tomorrow.

et

#2683 Post by et » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:42 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:32 am
et wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:49 am
​To Espresso
I understand what you said but I have different thought.
(1) If I claimed PR, just you are voted all players (or no lynch is possible too).
We can't get much information about other players.
(2) I think judge don't hope so.
(3) So, I think that's too early.
(4) I don't try to persuade you.
(5) Please receive as my opinion.

*EP's note - I numbered your responses in the quote so I could speak to them individually.
(1) You're right. My intent in asking was for that exact scenario to occur if you were a PR. Probably best you held off until later so we could hash out the different outcomes.
(2) tbh I don't know what the judge was thinking. It seems to have generated quite the discussion though, so props to them for that I guess.
(3) Most people agree with you here.
(4) And yet it's wholesomely persuasive.
(5) Will do.

@Neph After processing and reading his replies to me and Squigs, it's pretty hard to read et as scum. Seems pretty town to me.

@et what are your thoughts on the potential for the mafia to swing the vote by up to 6. What is the best way to insulate ourselves from a surprise EOD shift?
If mafia swing many vote, town(and SK) can think they might be Mafia.
If SK kill one mafia and mafia kill one town, tomorrow we havn 5mafia, 1SK and 10 town. Some of 5mafia swinged vote. So we can lynch them. I think this is not so bad situation.

EspressoPatronum

#2684 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:43 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 am
I don't think Flav is scum, EP. I feel like your reads are the one thing holding me back from strongly defending you as town.
I legit can't think of a compelling reason why any competent maf player would waste their only carbomb kill on D1 to kill someone at random. Why not save it until either: (a) you're about to die, or (b) it's close to the endgame and you can finish things?

Serious question. Can you think of any other reasons? Fox suggested the possibility they used it to set up Flav, but that doesn't seems like a good trade imo.

I'm holding off on posting my full reads until tomorrow. Gotta give everyone time to process the wall posts, questions, and responses from me and et before we move into analyses of reads.

Durga

#2685 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:44 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:43 am
Durga wrote:
I legit can't think of a compelling reason why any competent maf player would waste their only carbomb kill on D1 to kill someone at random. Why not save it until either: (a) you're about to die, or (b) it's close to the endgame and you can finish things?

Serious question. Can you think of any other reasons? Fox suggested the possibility they used it to set up Flav, but that doesn't seems like a good trade imo.

I'm holding off on posting my full reads until tomorrow. Gotta give everyone time to process the wall posts, questions, and responses from me and et before we move into analyses of reads.
I think Tr is a more likely car bomb candidate

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2686 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:44 am

So Xorxes and Tom Bomb are really disappointing me this game.

I also don't like the low level of participation from MF, Neph, Percy (this phase at least), teacon (also this phase), connorcompton and damo (remind me to look into him more). There are probably around 3 scum in that list. Percy, connor and damo maybe?

Rdrivera is in my town but I couldn't tell you why category.
Balki I am wary of mostly because I feel like his cases have not been persuasive to me.
FoxCastle is probably town.
EP and et I think are both town.
Durga, Chippe, ND, Flav, TrPrado I have as likely town (in that order).

Did I forget anyone?

EspressoPatronum

#2687 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:45 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:44 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:43 am
Durga wrote:

I think Tr is a more likely car bomb candidate
Why? He was totally safe near EOD.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2688 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:46 am

Haven’t re-read Espresso yet, but just following live, I’m getting serious Town vibes from him too.

As of now, I’d like to force a tie.

And that’s not at all a critique of the Judge. I think we’ve got some very useful info from this whether we lynch one or not.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2689 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Balki I am wary of mostly because I feel like his cases have not been persuasive to me.
You and me both, frankly. I don’t really feel very strong in my reads this game. Maybe that means scum is just lurking. Or maybe I just suck.

Durga

#2690 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:46 am
Haven’t re-read Espresso yet, but just following live, I’m getting serious Town vibes from him too.

And that’s not at all a critique of the Judge. I think we’ve got some very useful info from this whether we lynch one or not.
Hahahhahahhahaha ok balki. I'd love to see you force a tie here. If you're able to do it you're truly a mafia god. I'll vote as you tell me but I guarantee that some foolish townie or a mafia will mess it up with little to no consequences.

Durga

#2691 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 am
Squigs44 wrote:
You and me both, frankly. I don’t really feel very strong in my reads this game. Maybe that means scum is just lurking. Or maybe I just suck.
Same. But I think they're lurking.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2692 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:51 am

Though it still could be Flavius/Teacon, and I might still be smart, I’m just working with a lousy team that never appreciated me until they met me again in the GOD thread.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2693 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:52 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Hahahhahahhahaha ok balki. I'd love to see you force a tie here. If you're able to do it you're truly a mafia god. I'll vote as you tell me but I guarantee that some foolish townie or a mafia will mess it up with little to no consequences.
I would LOVE for Mafia to try to break a tie that is the will of the Town.

Durga

#2694 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 am

Yeah one thing really missing from this being solid town!Balki is that you always hardcore tunnel on a player at some point in the game. Haven't seen that. Try harder pls.

Durga

#2695 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:52 am
Durga wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

I would LOVE for Mafia to try to break a tie that is the will of the Town.
And what are you going to do when chippe and ND call your plan stupid and decide to vote what they want

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2696 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:51 am
Though it still could be Flavius/Teacon, and I might still be smart, I’m just working with a lousy team that never appreciated me until they met me again in the GOD thread.
I think my Day 1 Flavius read was wrong. Argh.

This is tough. WWSDD?

Durga

#2697 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:57 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:51 am
I think my Day 1 Flavius read was wrong. Argh.

This is tough. WWSDD?
What is WWSDD

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2698 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:58 am

Durga wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

I have a sure fire way to make sure we end in a tie. Its simple. First we start off by numbering every player still alive 1-19. Then each player will calculate the collatz number for their number. Then, if your collatz number is even, you vote for et, and if its odd you vote for ep. That won't quite get us a tie, so what we will need to do is skip every third prime number when initially numbering people off, and then square that number before taking the collatz number. If we do that, then....
Wait, we have 19 players. How are we going to tie this?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2699 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:58 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 am
Yeah one thing really missing from this being solid town!Balki is that you always hardcore tunnel on a player at some point in the game. Haven't seen that. Try harder pls.
One thing really missing from this being solid town!Durga is that you’re always mean to me.

Hmmmmm...

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2700 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:59 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:57 am
What is WWSDD
A pizza to whomever can guess it?