Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#1341 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:04 pm
I'd believe that Bozo was just irritated at Chippe's ploy in the first 24 hours and the whole nonsense with the PM business, and voted Chippe to try to get him punted (i.e., policy lynch), but is too discreet to say that.

I think Bozo is a better player than he's been in this game (especially as scum/third party), and that makes me think he's town.
How do you conclude that someone who is playing worse than your expectations is town? Isn't that a prima facie case for him being mafia???
Because I've played with him several times before. And I explained why he was playing worse than usual, even for his town play.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1342 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Why do people keep using the "they have played too bad to be scum" or "they have put in too little effort to be scum" arguments? That just gives an incentive for everyone to play anti-town. Scum can and will lurk, play dumb, and play disinterested, especially if this is how we treat those kinds of people.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1343 Post by TrPrado » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm

connorcompton wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:54 pm

CruaaderReynauld:

This one should be a slam dunk. Mark this down as me being right once again. He comes in with the intention to abstain. When he's told he can't he wants to vote no lynch. He says that scum are probably the people who "seem confident about their vote" and says he wants to "see how people see him" so it's "best to not talk too much" which I'm going to break down piece by piece.

This mindset is one of scum. A new scum player, which I define as someone playing their first game on the site and draws scum in said game. Sure new town can be scared too. Sure new town can post less. But those aren't factors I'm looking at when I determine where he falls in how he falls in the criterion of Confidence in their early posts.

Does this player defer to the opinion of more experienced players?
Does this player think that it is better to take a back seat and allow more experienced players to drive the whole of discussion?
If the answer to both of the above is yes, then we've reeled in a player who behaves the way a new scum player does. And for Cruaader the answer to both of the above is yes.

The second criterion is...
Something the rest of town forgot and isn't yet something to look for so I'm keeping it close to my chest.
This is what I mean. He'll drop the predominantly scholarly* tone and move straight to opinions when he's sure to himself that he needs to pretend someone's scum.

I'm not convinced your scum, TrPrado, but stuff like this doesn't help. I know Cruaader has said he's not new, but being COMPLETELY CONVINCED that who you believed to be a new player is clearly scum is unacceptable.
Nah, he fits my definition of new. You'll thank me later.

FlaviusAetius

#1344 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
I'd believe that Bozo was just irritated at Chippe's ploy in the first 24 hours and the whole nonsense with the PM business, and voted Chippe to try to get him punted (i.e., policy lynch), but is too discreet to say that.

I think Bozo is a better player than he's been in this game (especially as scum/third party), and that makes me think he's town.
Literally, what you just said makes him a scum not a town

ChippeRock

#1345 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 pm

connorcompton wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:54 pm

CruaaderReynauld:

This one should be a slam dunk. Mark this down as me being right once again. He comes in with the intention to abstain. When he's told he can't he wants to vote no lynch. He says that scum are probably the people who "seem confident about their vote" and says he wants to "see how people see him" so it's "best to not talk too much" which I'm going to break down piece by piece.

This mindset is one of scum. A new scum player, which I define as someone playing their first game on the site and draws scum in said game. Sure new town can be scared too. Sure new town can post less. But those aren't factors I'm looking at when I determine where he falls in how he falls in the criterion of Confidence in their early posts.

Does this player defer to the opinion of more experienced players?
Does this player think that it is better to take a back seat and allow more experienced players to drive the whole of discussion?
If the answer to both of the above is yes, then we've reeled in a player who behaves the way a new scum player does. And for Cruaader the answer to both of the above is yes.

The second criterion is...
Something the rest of town forgot and isn't yet something to look for so I'm keeping it close to my chest.
This is what I mean. He'll drop the predominantly scholarly* tone and move straight to opinions when he's sure to himself that he needs to pretend someone's scum.

I'm not convinced your scum, TrPrado, but stuff like this doesn't help. I know Cruaader has said he's not new, but being COMPLETELY CONVINCED that who you believed to be a new player is clearly scum is unacceptable.
If you've got suspicions, why not just park your vote on him? Your teacon vote is clearly not going anywhere.

Durga

#1346 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 pm

neph you're on, care to grace us with your thoughts? if there are any

FlaviusAetius

#1347 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm
Why do people keep using the "they have played too bad to be scum" or "they have put in too little effort to be scum" arguments? That just gives an incentive for everyone to play anti-town. Scum can and will lurk, play dumb, and play disinterested, especially if this is how we treat those kinds of people.
Yes but this is DAY ONE, we shouldn't kill lurkers DAY ONE

Foxcastle

#1348 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Literally, what you just said makes him a scum not a town
... No.

Also, look up the word literally. And then, again. No.

connorcompton

#1349 Post by connorcompton » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:59 pm
connorcompton wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:49 pm
@connorcompton: Can you give me examples of my comments that were useless?
I've looked through your posts. except your first, (which may be an attempt to put focus away from 'lurkers') I'm fairly sure EVERY ONE is about Chippe and the Fiasco that has ended some time ago. We've all moved on. please do the same.
Why should I move on if I think ChippeRock is scum?
Coming up with one read and focusing on it until you die or get your way is petty and ridiculous. I honestly think you cannot both be town and trying to win, I've had enough.

##VOTE bozotheclown

FlaviusAetius

#1350 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

We can still kill TrPrado guys, now back to catching up

et

#1351 Post by et » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm
et wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:51 pm

this is a bad vote imo.

why would you rather he go for flav? how is his argument on chippe flawed? he thinks chippe claimed "vt" for nefarious reasons, and he very much might be right about it. i agree with bozo that it's weird chippe just totally dropped it after the night was over... maybe a special someone told him to stop? just a thought but i certainly don't think bozo's argument is flawed enough to warrant this vote.
Why bad? He obviously lied about reason of voting chip. He must scum I think.
Please point out where you think I have "obviously lied"?
I already pointed.

bozotheclown
Day-1 28:09
page 30 / orig
↑Foxcastle: "And Bozo is back! We're all* very** curious** about your vote, Bozo.

[* Those of us interested in the game, anyway]
[*..."
What ChippeRock is doing seems like a scum ploy.

bozotheclown
Day-1 22:13
page 39 / orig
↑rdrivera2005: "Bozo, you are usually better then this. Could you present what is the scum motivation for Chippe to do this? Or do you b..."
I am sure his motivation was to look like a VT, but it really does not matter, since his own claims have confirmed him as scum.

Please tell me why did you post these.

ChippeRock

#1352 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:08 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Completely agree.

Carl Tuckerson

#1353 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

How do you conclude that someone who is playing worse than your expectations is town? Isn't that a prima facie case for him being mafia???
playing "worse" doesn't mean playing with an intent to deceive. i get that you're new but you need to try and separate bad play, or at least what you conceive as bad play, from play that is scummy or comes from the perspective of someone being scum.
That's not what I mean. Bad != scum or my lynch list would be so much longer.
My main concern is "he's playing bad so he's town" makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1354 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
When do we kill them then?

Durga

#1355 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm

i'm impressed. the bozo wagon seems to consist of the dumbest players in the game save a few

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1356 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm
We can still kill TrPrado guys, now back to catching up
Why do you want to kill Prado. Give me the short and simple answer

ChippeRock

#1357 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
Day two. When we've got just a little bit more information on them, and it's less of a weighted (against you) coinflip.

Foxcastle

#1358 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm
i'm impressed. the bozo wagon seems to consist of the dumbest players in the game save a few
Yeah, but do you think they're scummy?

Durga

#1359 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:11 pm

anyone wanna lynch neph? i'm like 85% he's scum

Foxcastle

#1360 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:11 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:

Day two. When we've got just a little bit more information on them, and it's less of a weighted (against you) coinflip.
Not on day 2. We have enough information from the lynch and the NKs that we need to actually hunt scum on Day 2.