Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#1161 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 pm
The whole Prado wall is screaming “Look guys — I’m staying up late and reading the thread!!! And I have questions!!! Look at how much I care!”

I mean maybe he does care but is just bad. It's very likely

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1162 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
The whole Prado wall is screaming “Look guys — I’m staying up late and reading the thread!!! And I have questions!!! Look at how much I care!”

I mean maybe he does care but is just bad. It's very likely
True, but I’m not criticizing the posts because they are bad. I’m criticizing them because they seem more focused on proving that he’s working hard late at night on solving than on actual solving.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1163 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
The problem is that I think town Prado is totally capable of doing this too, he is way too self centered at any alignment.

damo666

#1164 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:45 pm
Actually I tried reading a bit of trprado's essay and it's not even analysis, he's just summarizing actions. What a waste of time and space. I don't think it warrants being lynched though. I think Flav is the best bet within those three.
Agree with first 2 sentences.

What 3?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1165 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Balki, if this all your case on Flavius I find it weak. He was extra defensive list game and get myslinched. The list he presented is really bizarre, but why scum Flavius will put something like that, so careless. Not saying he is a solid town, but I find little material to justify him being top wagon.
I agree that the case on Flavius is not overwhelming, but at least it’s based on what I consider to be a fairly readable moment — early in the game, under pressure.

I find a lot of the other pushes to be based on entirely NAI stuff.

Though, I am warming to the Prado train too. I’d like to see some consolidation on Flavius/Prado, if I had my druthers.

Foxcastle

#1166 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:52 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:42 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 pm
As I already explained last game, I don't like policy lynch lurkers D1, but if Moscow don't show or get replaced I will push his lynch D2 (if I am still alive, of course).
What makes you think you wouldn't be?
We have a lynch (which is unlikely considering I have no vote, but not impossible) and possibly three NKs. And I was NKed N1 last game, so it's not that unlikely.
On the one hand, do experienced players who roll scum ever actually base arguments on "if I'm alive"? I mean, okay, Xorxes. Tom (not this game). Maybe Balki, but I don't think he goes in for that. And of course, newbies. No offense, Rdrivera, but I don't think you got NK'd last game because you were a threat to scum, but because there was a process of elimination and the usual threats to scum were too busy tearing town apart, and you were what was left.

On the other hand, that's a lot of ego, and I find it at odds with your play in this game. If you were really hacking at the game thread and pushing to solve, maybe. But you're in the bottom half of posters and you haven't really put much content up.

My point is, I don't understand this mindset, and I want to think about it.

Durga

#1167 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:34 pm

ok fox regarding your comment on rdr

a) i don't think it's ooc for him to preface that with if he's alive
b) rdr is actually making a lot of sense with every post imo
c) even if his mindset is unjustified, at best its NIA and you just wrote three paragraphs of just being mean to him

Durga

#1168 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:35 pm

man i'm town reading too many people, this is not good

ChippeRock

#1169 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:35 pm
Who exactly are you townreading? As stated before, you haven't really made any reads. Please elaborate on your reads and why you think they're town or scum.

Durga

#1170 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:40 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:36 pm
Durga wrote:
Who exactly are you townreading? As stated before, you haven't really made any reads. Please elaborate on your reads and why you think they're town or scum.
bro if you can't read my posts IDC!!! I'm town reading like everyone who isn't lurking a G H

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1171 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:42 pm

What makes you think you wouldn't be?
We have a lynch (which is unlikely considering I have no vote, but not impossible) and possibly three NKs. And I was NKed N1 last game, so it's not that unlikely.
On the one hand, do experienced players who roll scum ever actually base arguments on "if I'm alive"? I mean, okay, Xorxes. Tom (not this game). Maybe Balki, but I don't think he goes in for that. And of course, newbies. No offense, Rdrivera, but I don't think you got NK'd last game because you were a threat to scum, but because there was a process of elimination and the usual threats to scum were too busy tearing town apart, and you were what was left.

On the other hand, that's a lot of ego, and I find it at odds with your play in this game. If you were really hacking at the game thread and pushing to solve, maybe. But you're in the bottom half of posters and you haven't really put much content up.

I can add other things but I don't want to discuss scum (or SK) tactics as it's pointless.
Maybe it's my ego, after I rightfully get Damo D1 and got NKed N1. And I am not basing any argument on being alive, just can't push a lynch if I am dead, not sure what is you reading on it.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1172 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Durga wrote:
Durga could be buddying everyone, but I am townreading her considering how relaxed she seems to be playing.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1173 Post by TrPrado » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:35 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:51 am
##UNVOTE in my late night thoughts I remembered the second criterion of How to Read New Players 101 and realized I may have blown my load a bit early. The first criterion I think I can explain earlier than the second. But now for that sleep.
First you instantly jump onto a noob's wagon the INSTANT ND jumps on his wagon and staunchly defend your vote. Now you claim to have realized that you jumped onto that wagon too quick and you will reconsider?

Why didn't you exercise caution when you started feeling Cruaader was scum? Why did you throw that to the wind the moment ND jumped on his wagon?

I don't like this impulsiveness, and my suspicions about you & ND being partners-in-scum are coming back. I'm switching my vote back to you. ##VOTE TrPrado
It’s called heat of passion. I’m looking for very specific criteria and I still believe he met it. He’s still almost certainly scum, and whether he said day one or night one doesn’t matter.

ChippeRock

#1174 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:40 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:36 pm
Durga wrote:
bro if you can't read my posts IDC!!! I'm town reading like everyone who isn't lurking a G H
"too many people" is not the same thing as "like everyone".

Durga

#1175 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:45 pm

i bet that connor dude is scum

ChippeRock

#1176 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:45 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:35 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:51 am
##UNVOTE in my late night thoughts I remembered the second criterion of How to Read New Players 101 and realized I may have blown my load a bit early. The first criterion I think I can explain earlier than the second. But now for that sleep.
First you instantly jump onto a noob's wagon the INSTANT ND jumps on his wagon and staunchly defend your vote. Now you claim to have realized that you jumped onto that wagon too quick and you will reconsider?

Why didn't you exercise caution when you started feeling Cruaader was scum? Why did you throw that to the wind the moment ND jumped on his wagon?

I don't like this impulsiveness, and my suspicions about you & ND being partners-in-scum are coming back. I'm switching my vote back to you. ##VOTE TrPrado
It’s called heat of passion. I’m looking for very specific criteria and I still believe he met it. He’s still almost certainly scum, and whether he said day one or night one doesn’t matter.
Heat of passion my ass! You're definitely acting more scummy than Durga (though I think Durga, TrPrado, & ND are scum) and I'm likely to change my vote back to you if you continue trying to justify your impulsiveness with nonsense.

ChippeRock

#1177 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:46 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Elaborate on this.

Durga

#1178 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:49 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:46 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Elaborate on this.
he's lurking rn

Foxcastle

#1179 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:50 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:41 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I can add other things but I don't want to discuss scum (or SK) tactics as it's pointless.
Maybe it's my ego, after I rightfully get Damo D1 and got NKed N1. And I am not basing any argument on being alive, just can't push a lynch if I am dead, not sure what is you reading on it.
You are correct that you weren't basing arguments on "if I'm alive." I phrased that poorly. And it's not about scum/SK tactics. I just found the use of the phrase odd and want to think about whether it's more likely that you used it as scum or that you used it as town.

teacon7

#1180 Post by teacon7 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:51 pm

So I'm at the airport typing this on a phone. My answers will be shorter. Apologies for autocorrect errors.

Also I can't do bb code easily. I'll try.

TrPrado wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:31 am
Yeah, based on the interactions I've had with him not looking forward to this read.
Way to come into a read with objectivity. Heh.
QUESTIONS:
Why did you mix so many fake questions into your early play?
They weren't fake questions. Questions like this have been useful tools in generating information in the past, and the more polite tone has IME helped calm things down from the more vitriolic process others use. This helps integrate newbies to open up (and slip maybe). It also helps for a more rational discussion imo.
I'll note that sometimes I've used rhetorical questions. Those ones aren't questions so much as points I'm making.
If you want to know the specific purpose of a question I can tell you maybe, but I'm not watching eloquent on a phone.
Why do you think M1007 is so absolutely vital to this game?
Lol here's another loaded question from you. Like asking a man "so do you still beat your wife?" Stop listening accusations into questions.

M1007 isn't vital to this game. It's as useful as you think Meta is useful. I've mentioned it bc I just got done with it, and I'm a bit salty from the loss. That's all.
Do you think Cruaader using an emoji is alignment indicative?
Good question. Not the emoji by itself, but the use of the emoji after several failed attempts to vote correctly seems significant for two reasons: first, it seemed like he was joking about his failure to vote correctly... As if having a "crusade" against him for failed votes was not what he expected to happen as a result of this. So his move was to make a wry joke about it, with a knowing grin/wink to diffuse tension. Why do that unless he was pretending to misunderstand voting? Second, and less importantly, correct use of emoji doesn't seem consistent with failure to figure out voting. Neither are that hard.
What's the point of asking a lurker if they want to policy lynch lurkers?
Good q. It baits people into starting a campaign against easy lynch targets.

... This was hard to swype on this format. :/ Let me read more since it's probably been like five pages while I typed this.