Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#661 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:23 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:22 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Flav - why did you call someone who was commenting but not providing anything "smart and experienced"? Is someone who is not providing anything "smart and experienced"? I would say no. Why do you say yes.

Pls answer
Its simple its a smart thing to do as Scum. Act like you are doing everything, when really you've done absolutely nothing it was one of the criteria I put on for my list
This was EXACTLY what I tried to do as mafia on the first game I played here
Ok, let's say I buy that you immediately thought he was smart. What made you think he was experienced?
Did you not see his early posts?
That basically just says I've played Mafia before and I'm ready to get back into it, that's what I got from that
Also I dont even know why you are even bringing this up, it was one comment from page 4...
Also @balki
No I dont think you are doing absolutely nothing anymore, you were in the beginning of game
You were just sitting back and asking questions, not saying anything or conclusions I know you only had 30 mintues but I mean cmon

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#662 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:34 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:51 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm

Strongly disagree with this.
We all agree that lists with logic are helpful though yet no one posts them...
Thank you!!
teacon last game refused to produce a list, which just added more and more to me thinking he is scum.
Lists are how you solve a game
I recommend you reread what he wrote. It’s not as pro-you as you seem to think.

Durga

#663 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Ok maybe Flav is town

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#664 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Feeling like there is something afoot with respect to that Tom/Durga interaction, but I can't put my finger on it. Durga is playing safe, but that's basically non-alignment indicative. It is consistent with Scum!Durga, but could be Town!Durga too. I found Tom's early town read there to be surprising, and inconsistent with a usually thoughtful Town!Tom. But then, his explanation and response to me felt more sincere and I like the direction of some of his posts since then.

This goes in the pile of socks that are "To Be Sorted."

FlaviusAetius

#665 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:58 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:50 pm
Speaking of bait lynch.

Why are you voting for ChippeRock, Squigs? I thought you didn’t move your vote around casually?
Chippe already has at least one vote on him (Tom Bombadil) and no one likes his shtick. He’s getting plenty of pressure. Why are you voting ChippeRock now when you were so reticent to vote for Flavius?
If I explained my vote now it would lose its purpose. Remind me later and I will explain.
??? I dont believe you at all. Explain it now

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#666 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:37 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Durga wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:16 pm

aka why I think he is a SCUM
Flav - why did you call someone who was commenting but not providing anything "smart and experienced"? Is someone who is not providing anything "smart and experienced"? I would say no. Why do you say yes.

Pls answer
Its simple its a smart thing to do as Scum. Act like you are doing everything, when really you've done absolutely nothing it was one of the criteria I put on for my list
If your first game is as scum, never use that as the basis of what is scum behavior.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#667 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:35 pm
Ok maybe Flav is town
*makes eye contact, tilts head to side, squints.

Percy Williams

#668 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Can someone give me a Cliffs Notes summary of "what happened last game" that is important for this game? Something, something, Moscow lurked and was scum...teacon did what? Anything else pertinent? I take it that town lost?
Town Teacon and Town Xorxes had extreme tunnels on each other, getting into battles about logic, and logical fallacies, while scum EMC and MoscowFleet lurked their way to victory.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#669 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:38 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Can someone give me a Cliffs Notes summary of "what happened last game" that is important for this game? Something, something, Moscow lurked and was scum...teacon did what? Anything else pertinent? I take it that town lost?
Town Teacon and Town Xorxes had extreme tunnels on each other, getting into battles about logic, and logical fallacies, while scum EMC and MoscowFleet lurked their way to victory.
Helpful. Thanks.

Durga

#670 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Durga wrote:
Ok maybe Flav is town
It's weird but like, it might be even weirder to assume the secretary or w/e commented on your prowess and then flav decided to repeat it in the thread. and he said he's been mafia before

Foxcastle

#671 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:25 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 pm
Why did you appreciate Balki answering Fox? What did you hope to learn from asking that question?
This is oddly inquisitive from you, since you should know that asking questions and getting answers has implicit value. I'd like to wait and see how things play out before answering, though. Feel free to ping me about this again later.
Ok. I will ask you later.

Sure, asking questions is on the surface level is good for town in general. But asking questions where you don’t care about the answers is scummy, and that is the vibe I got from this
Okay, Flavius has given his answer, so I can answer this now.

I was giving Flavius the benefit of the doubt, because he could possibly have gone back to old games (he knows about the bot from playing M1007, or should, so finding them wouldn't have been hard) and gotten that assessment of Balki. (I checked briefly in the signup thread and it doesn't look like he could have gotten that characterization there.) If he had a plausibly town response, it mattered to me whether Balki was pressure voting or scum voting him because that might say something about Balki's alignment. (It still might.)

Balki's response somewhat moots the use, though. As does Flavius looking pretty scummy here.

FlaviusAetius

#672 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:37 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Durga wrote:

Pls answer
If your first game is as scum, never use that as the basis of what is scum behavior.
And why not? Also it wasnt my first game, Ive played live games before, I was just pointing out what I did as scum, which was poke holes in everyone's arguments and ask questions. Anyone who does that(like you) are scum.

Durga

#673 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm

yoooo xorx is in this game whatttttttttttttttt

must be scum

damo666

#674 Post by damo666 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Finally caught up.
@Fox I said in set up thread I'd be missing for good part of first day.

@Darg - yes if nothing much better to go on I favour lynching lurkers although I must agree with Bozo it is too early yet yo label people as 'lurrkers'.

Although it's 30+ plus pages there are only 4 things I have picked up on:

1. The Chippe situation. I can't work out what he is hinting at tbh but cannot think it scum motivated so townleaning. Also townleaning Durga for her reaction and believing Carl so strongly townreading him.

2. The Flav/Balki thing. Flav floundering a bit here. Hence slight townread of BB and slightscumread of Flav. Await further explanation.

3. Squigs flying out the traps with these ultra early gut reads. Tad fishy hence slight scumread.

4. Moscow's participation. Too early to justify a vote but low level of participation very similar to last scum game. Anybody know if he's like that as town?

FlaviusAetius

#675 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:43 pm

@FoxCastle, rest assured I did not go back to old games and start looking for stuff, that is EXACTLY what xorxes did last game, and it didnt work out for him so well either. No one goes back to an old game and then starts pulling stuff from it, it literally doesnt make sense and no one would even notice it

Percy Williams

#676 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Also of note from last game: at the very end during lylo, we almost solved it, but we voted Flavius because he became super defensive and accusatory. Not giving Flavius a free pass, but he is rather new to Forum Mafia.

FlaviusAetius

#677 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:45 pm

@damo Yea he's like that as town too, with flurry of activity, I dont think Moscow is scum yet, but I am only on page 22

Durga

#678 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:44 pm
Also of note from last game: at the very end during lylo, we almost solved it, but we voted Flavius because he became super defensive and accusatory. Not giving Flavius a free pass, but he is rather new to Forum Mafia.
I like this post from Percy.

Percy Williams

#679 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:47 pm

My mini town reads list ( for people who seem really town to me)
Et
Carl Tuckerson
Teacon

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#680 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Durga wrote:
Ok maybe Flav is town
It's weird but like, it might be even weirder to assume the secretary or w/e commented on your prowess and then flav decided to repeat it in the thread. and he said he's been mafia before
This post looks towny from Durga, I have to say. A reasonable progression.

I still suspect that Flavius is scum. Not based on his comment about me, but his behavior in the thread for the first several pages came across as extremely nervous. That and the long absence after getting pressured early, and he's still ahead of teacon on my list. Playing with something to hide.

His reads list also fits with the "attempt to blend" profile I would expect. And perhaps a bit of an obsession with Squigs's Dude, which would make some sense especially if he happened to know that one of the Squigs's Dude soulreads was correct (the scum read on Flavius).

One counterpoint is his scumread and slight push on me, which I believe is very unusual in a newish scum player. I'm not sure I've seen that before, just because I think he could see at the time that making that push would cause further confrontation and scrutiny.