Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#241 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:52 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:32 pm
Chip chip cheerio chaps, it’s bloody burning outside, innit?
scum

xorxes

#242 Post by xorxes » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:44 pm
Eleven Vanilla Townies should have received, word for word, the following message:
You are a spectator of the courtroom, also known as a Vanilla Townie! Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.
You know who you are!
Please explain the purpose of this post. (Serious request.)

Nephthys

#243 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:24 pm
Hi
This is some guak level participation right here.

@Nephthys
Do you like joke phases? Why?
Do you always play like this?
Do you prefer playing scum or town?
Yes because it makes things more interesting to read, no because people usually take them too far. I like less than 5 pages of jokes.

No. Game started at 7am my time.

More team based that role based, anything is fun with the right people

Durga

#244 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:42 pm
Squigs-Town
Foxcastle-Town
Balki-Mafia
TrPardo-Mafia
Connor-Town
Percy-Mafia
darg-Town
Carl Tuckerson-Mafia
et-Mafia
Moscow-Mafia
Nepthys-Mafia
wat

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#245 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:42 pm
Squigs-Town
Foxcastle-Town
Balki-Mafia
TrPardo-Mafia
Connor-Town
Percy-Mafia
darg-Town
Carl Tuckerson-Mafia
et-Mafia
Moscow-Mafia
Nepthys-Mafia
wat
Right?

Nephthys

#246 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:30 pm
Teacon - post more concisely. Please. Last game you made a lot of good points but they got lost in sheer volume. If you’re town it gets your point across. If you’re scum it makes it easier for us to read you. Either way, we can’t have a repeat of last game.
I personally really diagree with this. I like the emotional process that comes with inaccurate cases. Easier to read the thoughts behind them

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#247 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:43 pm
if mafia have a day chat then flav is scum
Can you please stop what you're doing and tell me right now without looking what you believe the mafia roles to be? Like, right now.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#248 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Finished updating the scoresheet, here is a link

Stats on each player go as follows:
PlayerName (total games played / last game played)

Balki Bartokomous (14 / M1006)
bozotheclown (22 / M1007)
Carl Tuckerson ( 0 )
ChippeRock (1.5 - although neither are in the scoresheet for reasons / Cultafia)
Connorcompton ( 0 )
CrusaderReynauld ( 0 )
Damo666 (12 / M1007)
dargorygel (14 / M45)
Durga (23 / M1007)
EspressoPatronum (1 / M1007)
et ( 0 )
FlaviusAetius (2 / M1007)
Foxcastle (9 / M43)
Moscowfleet (17 / M1007)
ND (30 / M1007)
Nephthys (5 / M45)
Percy Williams (3 / M1007)
Rdrivera2005 (26 / M1007)
Squigs44 (11 / M44)
teacon (11 / M1007)
Tom Bombadil (12 / M43)
TrPrado (10 / M36)
xorxes (25 / M1007)

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#249 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Teacon - post more concisely. Please. Last game you made a lot of good points but they got lost in sheer volume. If you’re town it gets your point across. If you’re scum it makes it easier for us to read you. Either way, we can’t have a repeat of last game.
I personally really diagree with this. I like the emotional process that comes with inaccurate cases. Easier to read the thoughts behind them
Says the guy who opened with
Hi
I like this Nephthys guy.

Durga

#250 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:58 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 pm
connorcompton wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:54 pm
Also, I would love to be in jail.
clearly scum.

@squigs why is this town?

@connor - What games like this have you played before? I.e., what's in the genre?
if teacon thinks he's scum then he's town

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#251 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:56 pm
Durga wrote:
Can you please stop what you're doing and tell me right now without looking what you believe the mafia roles to be? Like, right now.
+1

@Durga

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#252 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:00 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:49 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:49 pm
@TrPrado it was because Squig's dude was pretty accurate on super early reads
Did he just slip?
No, "Squig's dude" is a guy that I stole an idea from, not anyone in the game.

ChippeRock

#253 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:44 pm
Eleven Vanilla Townies should have received, word for word, the following message:
You are a spectator of the courtroom, also known as a Vanilla Townie! Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.
You know who you are!
Please explain the purpose of this post. (Serious request.)
I refuse to answer that. I guess I had to post something as my 2nd post without any reads.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#254 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Thank you for that, Squigs.

Nephthys

#255 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:57 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:55 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Says the guy who opened with
Hi
I like this Nephthys guy.
Meh, look into my previous games. I love a wall more than the German Democratic Republic

Durga

#256 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm
Actually, here's some current thoughts on the scumteam:

Balki,
Carl Tuckerson
ChippeRock
connorcompton
CruaaderReynauld
:lol:
does anyone remember teacon trying to be funny? i thought he was srs business only

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#257 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:56 pm
Durga wrote:
+1

@Durga
Lol, did you just +1 your own post? Seconded @Durga

Nephthys

#258 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:00 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:49 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:49 pm
@TrPrado it was because Squig's dude was pretty accurate on super early reads
Did he just slip?
No, "Squig's dude" is a guy that I stole an idea from, not anyone in the game.
Yikes mafia is on unoriginal community

Durga

#259 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:04 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
This is really bold bc at least teacon posts, yknow?

ChippeRock

#260 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:04 pm

I'm glad worcej posted all of the role PMs, it's so hard to remember them all.
worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:30 pm
ROLE PM’s

VT: “You are a spectator of the courtroom, also known as a Vanilla Townie! Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Judge: “You are the honorable TOWN JUDGE, the most important person in the Bench Trial system and have presided over almost all of the cases taken on by the Wright Anything Agency! Each day you must vote for a suspect. Additionally, because you are so important, twice per game during the day phase, you can target two players and those two targets are the only options for the day lynch. The targets will be revealed in a flavor post, but your identity will stay hidden. If you want to use this power, you must PM the GMs (Jamiet99uk and worcej) the command ‘##JUDGE <first targeted player> and <second targeted player>’ at least 24 hours before EOD. Any vote not on the two targets is not counted, but counts towards participation requirements in the game. Because being awesome is tiring on you, this power can not be used on consecutive days. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Bailiff: “You are Mike Meekins, the TOWN BAILIFF. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Due to your incompetence as a police officer, you were demoted to court bailiff to assist the Judge, <player’s name>, protect the town from criminals. Each night, you may jail a player by issuing the command ‘##Jail <player>’ by PM to the GMs (Jamiet99uk and worcej). A Jailed player will be both protected from any killing actions and roleblocked. Also, a jailed player may leave a note behind on the jail cell walls. If they do, you will know the note they leave on the wall and any future players put in the jail cell will be able to read the note as well. Even though you are incompetent, you know that you cannot jail your boss <player’s name>, the Judge. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Cop: “You are Dick Gumshoe, The TOWN COP. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may investigate a player during the night phase by PM'ing the GMs with the order ##INVESTIGATE <player>. Your target will not be aware of your visit. At the end of the night, you will receive a report telling you whether that player is sided with the Mafia (Guilty) or the Town (Innocent). Certain roles may cause false results to be received. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Innocent Child: “You are Maya Fey, The TOWN INNOCENT CHILD. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At any point during the game, the you may PM the GMs the command ‘##Reveal’. They will then issue a flavor post confirming your identity in the game thread. There is no time constrictions to utilizing this ability, but know a GM has a lot to do near a phase change and the phase will not be extended to accommodate this ability… You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Reporter: “You are Spark Brushel, the TOWN REPORTER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night, since you are an Ace Journalist, you may investigate a player to see if they are home (not performing an action or roleblocked via Hooker) or not home (performing a night action or Jailed by the Bailiff) by issuing the command ‘##Watch <player>’. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Assassin: “You are Shelly de Killer, the MAFIA ASSASSIN. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <...>. Your teammates are <...>. Because you are a world class assassin, you will be the instrument of death for the Mafia team. During the night phase, you will perform the night kill by targeting a player. This player will die at the end of the night phase. While you are alive in the game you will always carry out the night kill, unless the Bailiff jails you before you can execute it! Additionally, being a master of disguise, you have a one-shot day kill that you enact by PM’ing the GMs (Jamiet99uk and worcej) a command of ‘##KILL <player>’ via PM or the Mafia QT. Once a GM processes the command, the kill will happen immediately during the day phase. You win when all of the town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Hooker: “You are Redd White, the MAFIA HOOKER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <...>. Your teammates are <...>. Using the immense wealth you’ve collected as the CEO of Bluecorp, you are able to blackmail and bribe (roleblock) a target each night into doing nothing that phase by issuing the command ‘##Roleblock <player>’ via PM or the Mafia QT. However, the dutiful Bailiff will accept your bribe but still continue to do their actions due to their commitment to the law. A roleblocked player will report as ‘staying home’ if scanned by the reporter.You win when all of the town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Lawyer: “You are Aristotle Means, the MAFIA LAWYER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <...>. Your teammates are <...>. Utilizing your skills as a former defense attorney, during the night, you are able to present evidence to the Cop so that their target for a scan comes back with an Innocent scan by issuing the command ‘##Defend <player>’ via PM or the Mafia QT. However, you are unable to defend yourself this way because it will be too suspicious to the Cop to believe. You win when all of the town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Janitor: “You are Damon Gant, the MAFIA JANITOR. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <...>. Your teammates are <...>. Utilizing your connections you gained as the District Chief of Police, you are able to perform a one time use hide of a mafia night kill by issuing the command ‘##Janitor <player>’ via PM or the Mafia QT. The identity and role of your target will be hidden from the flavor post once the death is announced. You win when all of the town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Framer: “You are Lana Skye, the MAFIA FRAMER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <...>. Your teammates are <...>. Utilizing your position as the Chief Prosecutor, during the night, you have the ability to target a player and fabricate evidence so that they report back as Guilty if they are scanned by the Cop by issuing the command ‘##Frame <player>’ via PM or the Mafia QT. You win when all of the town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Secretary: “You are April May, the MAFIA SECRETARY. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <...>. Your teammates are <...>. Being a dutiful secretary for Bluecorp, you are excellent at keeping notes and sending them out to who needs them, allowing you to be able to communicate in the QT during both the day and night phases. However, because you are so busy doing this, you cannot do any actions during the night phase. You win when all of the town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Blind Assassin: “You are Sirhan Dogen, the THIRD PARTY BLIND ASSASSIN! You and your large dog Anubis are responsible for numerous murders and are out to prove that you are the world’s best assassin. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night, you must do one of two actions:
  1. Send Anubis out to Scout: You may send Anubis out to a target and have him discern if your target is a power role or not. You do this by issuing the command ‘##scout <target>’ via PM to the GMs (Jamiet99uk and worcej). The results you will receive are “<target> is a power role” or “<target> is not a power role”. Note: VTs and the Secretary are not power roles, all other roles are power roles.
  2. Kill a target: You may perform a night kill by issuing the command ‘##kill <target>’ via PM to the GMs (Jamiet99uk and worcej).
You are also immune to the Mafia night kill, but you can be role blocked or jailed. If scanned by the Cop, you will report back as Innocent, because no one suspects a blind man. You win the game if you make it to the final 3 players left in the game."