M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#1741 Post by ND » Sat May 25, 2019 11:52 pm

I'm totally fine being exited. I'd rather not be in the end game bcoz I hate the end game. But, until I am lynched or nked I am going to do everything in my power to make it as difficult for Vashta and EMC (scum bucket mafia men) to win this game. They gonna hang.

teacon7

#1742 Post by teacon7 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:56 pm

ND wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:46 pm
eh, I see what you are saying, but if we are talking about the path of least resistance it's mr. rogers (oh mr. shucks I'm scum but totally just lurker town lol EMC)

moscow doesn't trump EMC for me.
I'd think that emc is engaging more than others. I'm not trying to defend the guy, but inasmuch as participation is AI, it's almost better to keep emc around for lylo than MF/percy because you'll have a better chance of getting something from a reread.

like I said, if it's scum!moscow, he's playing really well. just don't forget him tomorrow, okay?

e.m.c^42

#1743 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 am

I wouldn't know if the style change in how he talks is truly intentional or not, but he uses less absolutes, is less emotional, and is generally more coherent and willing to reconsider various thought-trains imo.

Am mainly wary since last game he managed to get by with being....out-of-touch? enough that no-one really read his posts in terms of content, and got by from any questioning/debate.

but the problem is, vapor gives a different feeling-read xD

VashtaNeurotic

#1744 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 pm
Vashta, you scumread ND right?

Are there reasons than 1) he seems to mainly/only scumread people who scumread him, and 2) his obsession with getting Durga lynched, then sorta a drop in activity after that happened?

I kinda feel like 2 is more NAI since it's probably personal issues
but then, because it's expected, it's also plausible as an excuse.
Yes, aside from day 1. There's him swapping off the Durga wagon to me with like less than a half hour left, causing wagons to go three wide and definitely led to all the chaos that happened at EoD reframed the day as me vs Durga taking presure off teacon, made sure mafia votes would be able to sway the final vote more, and just flat out refused to even consider voting teacon for...I don't even know what his reasons were.

There's also the NK of EP who voted for ND day 1 which I feel makes little sense for any other reasons (unless he was somehow breadcrumbing in a way that none of us noticed). And ND's reaction was that "we are dealing with total pros here" and then..not really continuing on that thread, just dropping it.

It seems day 3 he just voted me and lurked before returning to his usually not respectful and pretty abrasive ad hominem attacks recently. He kept his vote on me and didn't even bother to actually vote for teacon or xor despite being around with 15 minutes left in the day.

VashtaNeurotic

#1745 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sun May 26, 2019 12:09 am

There's also the entire reason I got on the thread of ND might be scum which has to deal with scum not piling on him day 1. Lemme find it.

VashtaNeurotic

#1746 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 am

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:10 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm
VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Not when it causes a 3 wide lynch. Also sheeping nd is not usually a good strategy.
VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 pm
Dammit guys. I was supposed to be the day 2 mislynch. You could've had another day of durga doing analysis instead of...whatever I'm doing (i assume i'm gonna be a major or counterwagon tomorrow though i missed a few votes near EoD that people seem to be talking about).
Vashta posted 10 times D2, 5 were in the last 30 minutes after ND vote made him a legitimate wagon, where he tried to discredit ND's vote. Then, after the flip, he claims he would have preferred being lynched over Durga. This is very inconsistent.

[][]VOTE VashtaNeurotic
Bozo...are you really taking that post as completely serious? I was not dissapointed that Durg was lynched, I was dissapointed that Durg flipped town. Like, she's just better at the game than me. Granted, it was in a very over the top manner that wasn't really direct, but like, come on lampshade hanging my relatively low content (and pretty poor early day record, I do usually get near the truth late game) while getting angry that I didn't die...when is that ever a serious post.

Also, Bozo, if I'm scum, I probably don't kill EP (doc role aside) mainly because he's the other ND voter that'd scum me would probably want to pin a wagon on. However, his flip has enlightened something to me (but only makes sense to you if you believe I'm town which you don't). So, 3/4 of the members of the ND wagon were town. The ND wagon was far and away the largest wagon yet with 16 hours to go, and several other wagons that were much smaller. So...how the fuck did damo get lynched, all the scum needed to do was pile on a vote or to for ND, or even just mark a preference for him.

There are 3 possibilities:
1. The mafia chose to bus the godfather day 1 over just...trying to hook onto the major wagon that's been going on all day (in which case I guess xorx is your prime candidate)
2. The mafia just wasn't around and was afk for EoD (in which case Percy or even emc makes sense)
3. No matter how they voted, a scum would go down. In which case, ND is scum and your prime candidate would be either teacon, emc or moscow. As teacon didn't vote until 15 minutes left with 4 on ND and 4 on damo, and emc didn't vote until 0:06 and Moscow with 0:02.

I think the third has the most crossover between most sense and viable wagons today. So I'm gonna [][]voteteacon atm for that (and also durg was almost certain that teacon was scum and it being teacon and ND would uh...not be the craziest thing). Also going to reread and iso teacon/xorxes tomorrow as once again, it may actually be my last day.

Also I'm just gonna say it, ND's refusal to vote for teacon no matter what Day 2 and vote swap to me is bizarre. He put wagons 3 wide, meaning that a minority of votes had more power rather than a straight vote and it was right when durg might have been able to turn the tide onto teacon over her (and the day was near the end), but by throwing that on there it killed that idea a lot and threw the spotlight off of teacon and onto Durga + me. In fact by doing that ND indirectly caused all of the chaos in that last minute of EoD. So I don't think this is the craziest idea.

Of course, I doubt you will change your read on me, but remember it if I die.
This is the full post, obviously possibility 1 is not likely since well...xorx was lynched and flipped town.

teacon7

#1747 Post by teacon7 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 am
how do you read vapor? I thought he was cop (largely because he talked about it so much, and I figured this setup might be beneficial for cop to claim. I didn't remember the hooker until later).

on re-read, he seems like he's trying to fish for PR crumbs.

Then his exit from the game was... weird.

teacon7

#1748 Post by teacon7 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:17 am

Like, if he's got stuff going on in RL, I totally understand. I hope he's doing well.
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 pm
teacon, don't disappoint me, I'm warning you

this transcends beyond the walls of this game, I'm fully trusting that you wouldn't be so unscrupulous to pocket me to this extent only to shows a wolverine form in the end.

Once again, teacon, you were the player that put most effort and sweat D1, I sheeped xorxes cause I wasn't ready to use my own thinking, but your N1 huge text and then thinking I was a cop makes me fully believe you.

Don't do this to me :!:
I'm not quite sure how to parse this. Thanks, I guess, for the out-of-game compliment. But as he's leaving it looks like he wants to make some continegency between us, as if his last act was to townread me super hard. I keep asking about contingencies because I'm wondering if scum are trying to setup links between us that don't really exist.

if it's a compliment and I'm tinfoiling too much into this, well... sorry I guess.

e.m.c^42

#1749 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:24 am

on the damo thing, if it was intentional it was probably to ping someone gut-wise to scan him (since pretty sure most people don't recall posts verbatim, but rather the general vibe they got off of it)

but he doesn't seem to be that calculating, and I feel like we've been over this point in the thread a lot lol

e.m.c^42

#1750 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:36 am

teacon7 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 am
how do you read vapor? I thought he was cop (largely because he talked about it so much, and I figured this setup might be beneficial for cop to claim. I didn't remember the hooker until later).

on re-read, he seems like he's trying to fish for PR crumbs.

Then his exit from the game was... weird.
I used to townread him for being active (before he subbed out) and for his general reads vibe(?) since they weren't super generic-type or empty.

Do agree that the exit was strange though - if it was internet problems or something he would've told us in-thread like before. (which, now that you bring it up, actually contributes to a slight scumread possibility... -_-)

e.m.c^42

#1751 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:37 am

I'm actually not really sure where the cop/pr fishing feeling comes from, but can reread.

teacon7

#1752 Post by teacon7 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 am

ND wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:52 pm
If y'all get off on lynching me do it. I know for a hard fact that some do (the sadists). But whatever, I'll keep posting my thoughts. I got like less than 24 hours to live. Enjoying the game while I got my time you hear me?
@ND

What the heck was this all about?

24 hours to live? Hard fact? Please explain...

teacon7

#1753 Post by teacon7 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:19 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:37 am
I'm actually not really sure where the cop/pr fishing feeling comes from, but can reread.
he kept talking about "what he'd do if" he was the cop, etc etc.

i'm doing a quick RR of him to bring up quotes re: cop stuff. here's vapor:

damo666 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:34 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:26 pm
there is over a day left, I already have a plan in regards to ND
I think we need more pressure on Percival
Care to share the plan?
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:39 pm
it wouldn't be effective to spoil the plan
goofy setup, sure, but here's where I started to copread vapor:
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am
MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 am
@vapour do you scumread anyone currently? Also, seeing as ND is the leading wagon, care to reveal your grand plan?
Not yet, be patient my young padawan

as for scumreads, I have 2 for you: teacon and possibly damo, but I'm not voting them D1 just to be clear, it's flimsy and I was wrong many times D1 in previous games

there's a better chance to solidify my stances D2
Like... it's not subtle, but it looks a lot like he was saying he was going to investigate ND on n1, and "solidify his stances." Could be he was going to "scan" me or damo also. Either way, it looked like a cop softclaim to me.

Then he said this:
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 am
cop fantastic and bombastic, please do scan 'e.m.c' it's just a suggestion, I think I'm allowed to say this

make no mistake, if I'm a cop, I'll be visiting e.m.c tonight ;)

It's all good because having him confirmed is a bonus for this game. e.m.c has plenty of nuances to his game style and it's hard to pinpoint his alignment, also as town he's definitely a treasure to keep around
He was talking about the cop. not sure why, but he was.

Now, vapor knew he wasn't the cop. but he talked about a "plan" and then he talked about how he was going to "investigate" emc. I'm not sure if vapor thought rdriv was really the cop, but he townread him really really hard:
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:37 pm
teacon sure looks like a town teacher, if he ain't scum, he's the new Vecna, Tom Bombadil and Neph
we need people like him that encourages talk, I'm digging his style however I'm not yet giving him the town sticker
that is solely reserved for rivera, he's my most certain townlean this phase
hooray lambada
but then vapor was back at emc and making weird cop references:
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:44 pm
as much as I suspect e.m.c, I want for him to be copped (I'll do it myself if I'm a cop :smirk: )
but this needs to be stated openly, I THINK E.M.C has randed scum :o
how sure I am of this? Not that much given that I keep pressing for a Percival lynch

it's interesting to look at the somewhat back-and-forth vapor had with rdriv. Not sure what to make of it. vapor seems like an ebullient fellow who pressurevotes, asks questions participates back and forth. I think I'd have townleaned him anyway, but then when he softed cop I figured he was softing.

I can't really see anything of him talking back and forth with rdriv about cop strategy... the only real mention made of cop strategey was by town: durga and xorx. They pitched the idea of cop openly claiming n1. rdriv answered basically "yeah, that's a decent idea" and then ...nothing.

all told, it's hard to say. i'm townleaning vapor's play right now, simply because I don't see that kind of interaction being indicative of maf psych. he was mostly chatty, which isn't always helpful, but he did try to keep things moving.

I wonder what he meant by this post:
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 pm
It takes me 8+ minute to post a message, I can't do this anymore
teacon, update yourself, please!
I think you're fully town and exceptional.
And no, as far as I can remember, there was no hooker visiting me ;)
I thought a lovely hooker visited one of you? or maybe rivera got ze hooker treatment and got killed?
8 minute to post a message? is he on a satellite phone in the african savannah? posting from the ISS? on dialup? comcast?

talking about the hooker like that is silly. he denied an RB, and opened a question for RB claims. if he's maf, he's thinking about the effects of an RB and RB claims. seems more likely that at this point he was thinking about the mechanics and trying to act on them. Asking about an RB is NAI, since it could be town conversation or maf trying to get someone to claim their RB.

@all - has vaporwave ever fakeclaimed a PR for any reason?

teacon7

#1754 Post by teacon7 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 am

all that reading reminds me:
teacon7 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:40 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:17 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:37 pm
@flav - As I'm doing re-reads... can I scumread you for things vapor did? Why or why not?
All I asked was look at me in a new light
That's not actually all you said.

Here's what you sad:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:17 am
so any and all evidence against me that is from vapor is a null and void in teacon's eyes as it pointed to a cop.
How can that be the case? If vapor was scum, that means you're scum too. You even said that you thought vapor was scum.

@FLAVIUS -
can I scumread your player slot for things vapor did? why or why not?

FlaviusAetius

#1755 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun May 26, 2019 2:47 am

teacon7 wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
teacon7 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:37 pm
@flav - As I'm doing re-reads... can I scumread you for things vapor did? Why or why not?

Here's what you sad:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
so any and all evidence against me that is from vapor is a null and void in teacon's eyes as it pointed to a cop.
How can that be the case? If vapor was scum, that means you're scum too. You even said that you thought vapor was scum.
You thought vapor(me now) was a cop, if what he said pointed to a cop, not a scum, why are you scumreading him as a scum now? Makes no sense. How does things that look like a cop, radically change to scum??

Does. Not. Make. Sense.

FlaviusAetius

#1756 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun May 26, 2019 2:49 am

teacon7 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:32 pm
@flav - vapor scumread moscow. When you first got here, so did you. you've since dropped that case altogether.
a) why?
b) how do you read him now?
I scumread him because he was acting radically different from our last game with him. It just didnt make sense to put two and two together. Then some people said things about meta not being the end all be all, and I agreed. Its a factor to look into but shouldn't be the determinant. I have nothing else on him. Case dropped. Simple as that.

FlaviusAetius

#1757 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun May 26, 2019 2:49 am

ND wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:41 pm
Anyone think it's weird EMC hasn't done jack this phase?
100% let's kill him after teacon.

FlaviusAetius

#1758 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun May 26, 2019 2:51 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 pm
I'm at that maudlin moment in life when you realize everything you do will determine how the next 10-15 years of your life goes, and it's going terrible.

that being said, will respond to stuff now
Go away. You are scum. This is just excuses.

FlaviusAetius

#1759 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun May 26, 2019 2:53 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm
@emc
a) what do you make of the possibility of further similarities between xorx' m45 reads and damo's m1007 reads?
b) what do you think of vapor / flav ?
c) i hope you're no longer casually dying. when do exams end?
I townread vapor, and am a bit ehh on flavius - The way he talks in dip games is different enough from how he talks here (+similarities between how he talks this game and last) to make me question it a bit.

Exams ended day before yesterday, but my summer courses have started lol
am going from like 15 hours to 3 active ones :P
I have mentioned it several times of why I am so adamant about teacon, I have personal evidence; knowing vapor was town, and then all the other dead confirmed town also scumreading teacon.

Are we really to believe so many people have made mistakes in their honest reviews? Or are they most likely right? Seems like a simple case to me. Use the evidence we have, not the speculations teacon leads us too.

teacon7

#1760 Post by teacon7 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:55 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:47 am
teacon7 wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:

Here's what you sad:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
You thought vapor(me now) was a cop, if what he said pointed to a cop, not a scum, why are you scumreading him as a scum now? Makes no sense. How does things that look like a cop, radically change to scum??

Does. Not. Make. Sense.
mygosh we're getting somewhere.

I thought he was acting like the cop, for reasons quoted above. I was obviously wrong.

Vapor was acting like the cop and HE WASN'T.

I can't read him as the cop anymore. What motivations does anyone have for softing that they're PR when they're not PR?