M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#361 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:24 am
ND likes to change styles from game to game but when he's like this he's scum.

##vote ND
I have looked into this further and I can't find any game that this conclusion could be based on, am I missing something?

Durga

#362 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 am

MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:33 am
Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 am
Naw, we have talkative players in this game even without ND. This thread would be blessed without him. And if you read my posts you'd know that the actual indication that ND is scum is the lack of thought behind what he's saying. He always posts a lot, but when he's town he actually says things that are half smart on occasion. This isn't the case here. He's done this exact thing as scum before. Just because he's triggered everyone doesn't make him town.
I think the only person he’s really triggered is you.

I will look into “the actual indication that ND is scum”, but from what I recall he has mixed in many reads and takes among the spam, although I admit a lot of it seems to be townreading those who townread him and scumreading those who scumread him.
Er, okay? You're the one who said he's generated a lot of content. If the only person he's generated content from is me then your point ceases to exist.

I'm actually laughing that you figured out his strategy but also think that he's exhibiting a thoughtful process. Having "reads" which for ND is just omgus doesn't mean he's thinking about solving the game. Because he's not. He's simply reacting to other people's comments on him. And he's doing his stupid Trump thing again. ND is actually not like this guys!!

Durga

#363 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 am
damo666 wrote:

##vote ND
I have looked into this further and I can't find any game that this conclusion could be based on, am I missing something?
There is a game where he did this exact thing. He was scum with yavuz. I can't remember the number though.

Durga

#364 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:40 am

Has Vashy done anything yet

Durga

#365 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 am

Xorx is your vote on emc legit?

bozotheclown

#366 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 pm
Not liking xorxes style at the moment.

Rdr also seems unsure of himself.

Maybe I've got ot already.

ND xorxes rdrivera.
I also question this post. These are vague reasons to scum read xorxes and rdrivera.

If damo is scum, I think xorxes is the one he is most likely to be bussing, I do not know why damo would go after a town xorxes early.

Durga

#367 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:51 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 am
damo666 wrote:

ND xorxes rdrivera.
I also question this post. These are vague reasons to scum read xorxes and rdrivera.

If damo is scum, I think xorxes is the one he is most likely to be bussing, I do not know why damo would go after a town xorxes early.
Seems on point for town damo? Are you scum reading him? Why?

bozotheclown

#368 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 am
bozotheclown wrote:
damo666 wrote:

##vote ND
There is a game where he did this exact thing. He was scum with yavuz. I can't remember the number though.
I reviewed that game, M39, because it was the only game that damo played where ND was scum, and ND started that game very different than he started this game. He only became more aggressive later in that game after he was widely scum read.

Durga

#369 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 am
Durga wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I reviewed that game, M39, because it was the only game that damo played where ND was scum, and ND started that game very different than he started this game. He only became more aggressive later in that game after he was widely scum read.
I can't remember but ND was fucking craaazy the whole game. It may have been less impactful because it was a bigger game. If you read the mafia thread it's pretty telling he's actually not like that.

VashtaNeurotic

#370 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 am

Hi everyone. I'm finally back and free (and read up on this game).

So I haven't played since the 20s or 30s (well I think I replaced into a game at the end, called the scum team but got lynched, but I don't count that). Anyway when it comes to scumreads, ND tops them. I've played with town ND and scum ND, and while both of them are usually active and annoying to read, town ND is usually more proactive and less defensive than this ND has been. Also his posts have been a whole lot of fluff and claims almost entirely based upon people going after him and the like. And regardless of whether he's town or not, his post will likely clog up the thread with a really low signal:noise ratio that isn't worth keeping around.

##VoteND

When it comes to other scum reads I feel bozo might fit the bill as his first post was hopping on the EMC wagon with no prior posts and not even adressing emc for a while (except to say he thought he was scum) with a few brief responses to ideas and voting for damo for voting for ND on a post being contradictory which isn't. (The post in question being damo saying "ND likes to change styles from game to game but when he's like this he's scum." which clearly just indicates that while damo understands ND may change up his posting style from game to game, the way he is posting (i.e the lack of actual content) is a usual scum ND tactic.

Not really anyone else strikes me as scummy scummy but I could be mistaken.

When it comes to townreads I trust Espresso and his clear and concise interrogation of ND as well as other thoughts. ALso for me damo reads like someone who while not excessively active is given his relevant thoughts when he can with little fluff.

Also I find that spammers are almost always a negative for town (regardless of alignment) and worse than lurkers (though lurking is bad...funny that I'm saying that). As it's similar to how misinformation is actively worse than lack of information. While lack of substance is bad, spamming confuses and adds chaos to the town trying to solve the game.

Anyway that's what I got for now. Any questions?

bozotheclown

#371 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:51 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 am
damo666 wrote:

ND xorxes rdrivera.

Seems on point for town damo? Are you scum reading him? Why?
Yes, I suspect damo because of the confidence he expressed in scum reading ND and the weak reasons he gave for scum reading xorxes and rdrivera. I think damo is usually more careful in his scum reads and is willing to go days without any scum reads if he does not have a good reason to suspect someone.

bozotheclown

#372 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 am
Durga wrote:

I can't remember but ND was fucking craaazy the whole game. It may have been less impactful because it was a bigger game. If you read the mafia thread it's pretty telling he's actually not like that.
If you reread D1 I think you will see he started that game trying to avoid attention.

Durga

#373 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 6:03 am

Can you link me to the game

bozotheclown

#374 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 am

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 am

So I haven't played since the 20s or 30s (well I think I replaced into a game at the end, called the scum team but got lynched, but I don't count that). Anyway when it comes to scumreads, ND tops them. I've played with town ND and scum ND, and while both of them are usually active and annoying to read, town ND is usually more proactive and less defensive than this ND has been. Also his posts have been a whole lot of fluff and claims almost entirely based upon people going after him and the like. And regardless of whether he's town or not, his post will likely clog up the thread with a really low signal:noise ratio that isn't worth keeping around.

##VoteND

When it comes to other scum reads I feel bozo might fit the bill as his first post was hopping on the EMC wagon with no prior posts and not even adressing emc for a while (except to say he thought he was scum) with a few brief responses to ideas and voting for damo for voting for ND on a post being contradictory which isn't. (The post in question being damo saying "ND likes to change styles from game to game but when he's like this he's scum." which clearly just indicates that while damo understands ND may change up his posting style from game to game, the way he is posting (i.e the lack of actual content) is a usual scum ND tactic.

When it comes to townreads I trust Espresso and his clear and concise interrogation of ND as well as other thoughts. ALso for me damo reads like someone who while not excessively active is given his relevant thoughts when he can with little fluff.

Also I find that spammers are almost always a negative for town (regardless of alignment) and worse than lurkers (though lurking is bad...funny that I'm saying that). As it's similar to how misinformation is actively worse than lack of information. While lack of substance is bad, spamming confuses and adds chaos to the town trying to solve the game.

damo's post was contradictory because he implied ND changes his style of play every game, but also implied that ND always has the same style of play when he is scum. Also, you have interpreted damo's "like this" to mean posting with a lack of actual content, although damo did not explain what he meant. Are you confirming that this is a "usual scum ND tactic"?

bozotheclown

#375 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:03 am
Can you link me to the game
It is easy to access on the bot:
http://mafia.peterlund.se/m39/

VashtaNeurotic

#376 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 am
VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 am

##VoteND

damo's post was contradictory because he implied ND changes his style of play every game, but also implied that ND always has the same style of play when he is scum. Also, you have interpreted damo's "like this" to mean posting with a lack of actual content, although damo did not explain what he meant. Are you confirming that this is a "usual scum ND tactic"?
Hmmm. I guess that is a fair interpretation of it, I felt they were referring to two very different things (i.e posting style and play style), and even then it could just be an acknowledgement that he could be wrong. Still, it's damo's thing to clarify not mine. My qualms with your reaction to that are retracted but that still leaves the emc stuff which I don't like. But yes being spammy and not very helpful with a few "reads" thrown in mostly centered around people targetting him is a usual ND tactic as scum and doesn't show up nearly on this level in his town games.

Durga

#377 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 6:17 am

Hi Vash, do you have thoughts that haven't already been said yet

VashtaNeurotic

#378 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 am

Not that come to mind atm.

MoscowFleet

#379 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 17, 2019 8:07 am

Durga wrote:
MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:33 am
Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 am
Naw, we have talkative players in this game even without ND. This thread would be blessed without him. And if you read my posts you'd know that the actual indication that ND is scum is the lack of thought behind what he's saying. He always posts a lot, but when he's town he actually says things that are half smart on occasion. This isn't the case here. He's done this exact thing as scum before. Just because he's triggered everyone doesn't make him town.
I think the only person he’s really triggered is you.

I will look into “the actual indication that ND is scum”, but from what I recall he has mixed in many reads and takes among the spam, although I admit a lot of it seems to be townreading those who townread him and scumreading those who scumread him.
Er, okay? You're the one who said he's generated a lot of content. If the only person he's generated content from is me then your point ceases to exist.

I'm actually laughing that you figured out his strategy but also think that he's exhibiting a thoughtful process. Having "reads" which for ND is just omgus doesn't mean he's thinking about solving the game. Because he's not. He's simply reacting to other people's comments on him. And he's doing his stupid Trump thing again. ND is actually not like this guys!!
Since when did trigger mean generate content?

And I’m not sure if he’s exhibiting a “thoughtful process”. All I know is that he’s given us a lot to work with, and I don’t think he should be the lynch today. Let me make myself clear: I don’t townread ND, and never said I townread him. I just don’t think his play has been particularly scummy. You’re basing this whole push off of a meta comparison, and a weak one at that, as bozo has pointed out.

MoscowFleet

#380 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 am

@Vash it’s a 13 player game without brainbomb or Jamie. I don’t think excessive spamming will be an issue.