MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#1561 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:18 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:45 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:29 pm
This Ezio stuff is so weird. Im really at a loss of what to think about this whole nonsense.

Tonally and excitement-wise he feels completely different from the last few games as town. Predicting that ND was never gonna confirm the correspondence with Attorney is a thing (and why ever ask the question to him when he hasnt done jack-shit all game?)....

But....

Im really wondering if Ezio is -this- creative as scum. Making up fake GM correspondence as a gamble that itll play out like this seems very far fetched and unlikely. I dont think ive seen any other player on this site but brainbomb come up with anywhere near as weird of a plan, so I dont think its reasonable that it is a concocted scum-plan either.

##unvote
It's too much lies and poor excuses like this Attorney thing to be a town thing. He is either scum or the Alien and I think it's the best lynch for today. And I know I am tunneling a bit, but so be it.
I also think e.m.c. is off and Xorxes isn't looking town Xorxes, but not enough to want to lynch them over Ezio.
What other excuses are you thinking of?
You Hard Claimed Alien and then retracted saying it was a reaction test and never give any decent analysis on what you learn from the test.
You asked for suggestions for the shot and never bother to even analise the suggestions and shot at random.
You claimed you did that to not lose the gun, but thief could've stolen the gun anyway. The you claimed you think that because of a rule from our MIA ex co-GM that I really doubt will give a ruling without asking ND.

So, it's too much anti-town behavior and forced explanatios for me to believe on you.

Vaporwave

#1562 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:53 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am
Well then,

@Vapor who are your top scum picks?
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am

and give me thoughts on alien, I'm curious
Them scumreads...

This game's mafia team seems very difficult to detect, there's no particular player that has a scum sticker on his forehead

Those that seem less townie and haven't given of themselves much, that's where I'm looking for scum

worcej - he's been pretty busy but someone pointed out inconsistencies so it's worth considering him
Moscow - can't remember 1 single post from him, that's how lil he stands out
Percy - I appreciate his honesty, but he's stuck in hedgetown
bo_sox - his walls rub me the wrong way for some reason
Quas - I still feel that Quas could be a power wolf, he and Jamiet were huge drivers of the Ezio wagon
Ike - someone mentioned that EOD1 made him 'clear' I'm not sure why

Alien - it's not Ezio, I have a few peeps that can fill the alien spot: Percy, e.m.c, and even you

Mind you, the alien acts like town most probably so it's even harder to differentiate between him and the rest of us

xorxes

#1563 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:21 pm

OK, I'm now thinking Ezio is the alien after all.

I don't see any chance he has the ray gun as mafia, claims it, claims alien, shoots the gun N1 killing one of his own (or a townie that could have been an easy lynch). It just doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, he can do wild stuff for the team, but with some logic behind it. Getting all the attention for two days with the result of two dead scum is just not a good trade off in any universe.

If he is town, his play has been attrocious. I could understand claiming alien as a reaction test, but maintaining the claim until 30 minutes before deadline, with a confirmation of the claim in between is less believable. And when you add the complete waste of the gunshot on someone that we could have lynched and gotten info from? You have a gun designed to be used on a confirmed scum and you waste it like that? Horrible play if town, and I want to think Ezio knows better than that.

That only leaves alien. It's still hard to believe, but we have to go with the most obvious. He got a shitty role, one that was bound to be caught by the vote mechanics, and so he played as best as he could trying an alliance with the town which doesn't really work because he has nothing to give us.

My guess is he infected dargo before killing him, so that he won't get caught by the D3 plan, in which case we would be wasting a day if we waited to do that for confirmation. So ##VOTE Ezio

xorxes

#1564 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:09 am
Vecna wrote:
Why did you talk to attorney while ND has constantly been the GM thats around Ezio?
I was looking to get started and ND wasn't around at the Time. I PM'd both of them a different question (their answers were consistent), and Attorney got back to me quickly whereas ND did not do it quickly. I asked Attorney my question about the gun immediately after he responded to me.
I believe the Attotney story is true. It doesn't really change things much though.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1565 Post by dargorygel » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:34 pm

GM Note
Vote Count 4.5

Ezio (5) Jamiet99uk, bozotheclown, rdrivera2005, Percy Williams, xorxes
Bo_sox48 (1) Vaporwave
Unvote (2) Nephthys, Vecna

No End votes
Right now, Ole Ezio is facing ultimate destruction.

Non voters: bo, emc, ezio, LQ, MF, Ike, thamrick, worcej
Non posters: MF,
9 hours and minutes left in this solar orbit.

RagingIke297

#1566 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:14 pm

Thamrick is the top poster so far today? :lol:

Vecna

#1567 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:22 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:18 am

Im probably biased, but....what?
Loving his takes, they're unique, it's a great task to try and kill Vecna and I'm enjoying his courage

The fact that he think you can be scum with such townie posts gives me the impression that he really respects you

Btw, I don't agree with him but sometime, you don't have to think alike in order to appreciate a different perspective
I respect Vecna as a player, although this game he's so off that I'm stunned more people haven't actually committed to scumreading him
I still have no idea why you think this, and that is the part (probably a big part) of why im feeling your play differs. Normally I can follow your reasoning just fine - and you've been suspicious of me in most of your games to a certain degree, and I usually at least understand the suspicions.

Here I just cannot understand your reasoning, and not just the parts about me.

bozotheclown

#1568 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:23 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:31 am
thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:41 pm

Nice.

Of the players on this site, I would probably say bozo is the player I think like the least.

I think bozo is tunneled on Ezio. He mentioned that xorxes and bo may be scummates with Ezio, but I don't know why.
xorxes town reading Ezio concerns me, although I would not expect xorxes to connect himself to Ezio that way if they are both scum. It is possible xorxes just knows Ezio is not scum. I don't like how bo_sox is making so many reads off of how and when players voted or unvoted for Ezio when we do not know Ezio's alignment yet.

I think RagingIke is likely town based on the way he played day 1, and I doubt Vaporwave would use his item as he did as scum, especially with a mafia day chat. Others that seem town to me are Jamie, LordQuas, MoscowFleet, and Nephthys.
Pretty nice post. Can you talk me through your read on MF?
It is primarily from his effort at EOD to prevent Ezio or RagingIke from being lynched, I doubt scum would get that involved to prevent a town lynch or defend a teammate.

Vecna

#1569 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:39 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 pm
Ezio wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Why did you talk to attorney while ND has constantly been the GM thats around Ezio?
I was looking to get started and ND wasn't around at the Time. I PM'd both of them a different question (their answers were consistent), and Attorney got back to me quickly whereas ND did not do it quickly. I asked Attorney my question about the gun immediately after he responded to me.
I believe the Attotney story is true. It doesn't really change things much though.
Walk me through your logic here;

I get the part about thinking on day1 as alien: Fuck, this day3 plan is gonna screw me over.

I get the part of then thinking about infecting your target and shooting him.

But how does the part of asking everyone to vote for a target, claim you do have the gun, and this gm story fit together?

Because if he was thinking the gunshot would register earlier, he'd have to infect someone else and his whole plan would fall apart.

Vecna

#1570 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:40 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:14 pm
Nice of you to join us with wonderful contributions such as this. No irony in it at all.

Vecna

#1571 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:28 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:23 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:31 am

xorxes town reading Ezio concerns me, although I would not expect xorxes to connect himself to Ezio that way if they are both scum. It is possible xorxes just knows Ezio is not scum. I don't like how bo_sox is making so many reads off of how and when players voted or unvoted for Ezio when we do not know Ezio's alignment yet.

I think RagingIke is likely town based on the way he played day 1, and I doubt Vaporwave would use his item as he did as scum, especially with a mafia day chat. Others that seem town to me are Jamie, LordQuas, MoscowFleet, and Nephthys.
Pretty nice post. Can you talk me through your read on MF?
It is primarily from his effort at EOD to prevent Ezio or RagingIke from being lynched, I doubt scum would get that involved to prevent a town lynch or defend a teammate.
I really really hate such reasoning for town (or scum) reads based on 1 EOD

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1572 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:46 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:21 pm
OK, I'm now thinking Ezio is the alien after all.

I don't see any chance he has the ray gun as mafia, claims it, claims alien, shoots the gun N1 killing one of his own (or a townie that could have been an easy lynch). It just doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, he can do wild stuff for the team, but with some logic behind it. Getting all the attention for two days with the result of two dead scum is just not a good trade off in any universe.

If he is town, his play has been attrocious. I could understand claiming alien as a reaction test, but maintaining the claim until 30 minutes before deadline, with a confirmation of the claim in between is less believable. And when you add the complete waste of the gunshot on someone that we could have lynched and gotten info from? You have a gun designed to be used on a confirmed scum and you waste it like that? Horrible play if town, and I want to think Ezio knows better than that.

That only leaves alien. It's still hard to believe, but we have to go with the most obvious. He got a shitty role, one that was bound to be caught by the vote mechanics, and so he played as best as he could trying an alliance with the town which doesn't really work because he has nothing to give us.

My guess is he infected dargo before killing him, so that he won't get caught by the D3 plan, in which case we would be wasting a day if we waited to do that for confirmation. So ##VOTE Ezio
That's one of the possibilities I was thinking, I don't rule out him being scum because I am not so certain Dargo was scum, what I see is a complete anti-town behavior, be it scum or Alien.

Percy Williams

#1573 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Yea, I think Ezio has reached the same point Brainbomb did last game: He's too much off an unhelpful wild card for me to want him in the next round, regardless of what his role is.

RagingIke297

#1574 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:40 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Nice of you to join us with wonderful contributions such as this. No irony in it at all.
Tis my job to point out unusual, interesting, unexpected and inexplicable things. It's yours to figure out what to do with said info.

Also, I was truck driven and as a result of that I was role blocked last night

e.m.c^42

#1575 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:29 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:03 am
GM NOTE: no thanks to the person (re-written from 'idiot' because I don't want to call names) who wrote the weird text on this page so that google keeps offering to translate the page!
+1 again

ehe, I am an idiot, it's not calling names if it's stating the truth XD

e.m.c^42

#1576 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:24 am
dargorygel wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:03 am
GM NOTE: no thanks to the person (re-written from 'idiot' because I don't want to call names) who wrote the weird text on this page so that google keeps offering to translate the page!
Can we modkill EMC?
</3
my soul has become derelict with despair, this pain is too much to bear

why u do dis to me

e.m.c^42

#1577 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:30 pm

I do agree with vecna's point on how xorx's theory on ezio being alien getting rid of his own infectee wouldn't really work if he believed what atto said about the gun; unless ezio was high when shooting it, or lying about pm'ing atto, that theory doesn't check out lol

e.m.c^42

#1578 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:47 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:40 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Tis my job to point out unusual, interesting, unexpected and inexplicable things. It's yours to figure out what to do with said info.

Also, I was truck driven and as a result of that I was role blocked last night
That's interesting. Wonder if the driver predicted the role-block and chose you cuz they thought you were a safe choice to take the block, or if they predicted the roleblock and wanted you to get roleblocked, or if it's the opposite for the above two; or maybe switch roleblock with nk

or, likely, if it was just coincidence xD

e.m.c^42

#1579 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:14 pm

I actually kinda town-lean tham this game so far;

he's been prodding other people to elaborate in a way I like - as in, if something is unclear or vague (as in read could be due to several factors, and they aren't necessarily listed) - which I find helpful in reading, and I can actually remember his opinions this game

but I also think that it might be only cuz it's a lot quieter this game overall, so there's a higher percentage of him that I'm reading/remembering

xorxes

#1580 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:20 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:39 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 pm
Ezio wrote:

Walk me through your logic here;

I get the part about thinking on day1 as alien: Fuck, this day3 plan is gonna screw me over.

I get the part of then thinking about infecting your target and shooting him.

But how does the part of asking everyone to vote for a target, claim you do have the gun, and this gm story fit together?

Because if he was thinking the gunshot would register earlier, he'd have to infect someone else and his whole plan would fall apart.
Ah, good point, those two things can't be true together. I'm still believing the Attotney story (first time it was unintentional, but so felicitous I had to repeat it). Then he may have infected someone else.