MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#1121 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:58 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:08 pm
Quas has been setting his sight on me since the beginning

He never made an effort to understand my view, but EMBELLISHED everything which tells me he only sees me as a target

I won't give in to your scumbo needs
Relax, Quas is town, youre town - your style just rubs people in the wrong direction at times when youre town

Vecna

#1122 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:03 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:18 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Cropping my question out of the quote does not mean I never asked it. Please answer my question. I'm a strong little boy and I demand to be heard.

I've built one meager case and I townread at least four people based on the brief bit of this thread that I've read, but none of that is worth explicating on at the moment.
Building "one meager [sic] case and not posting it is not contributing.

If you want to see what I have done you might read the thread and look at my posts, but some key points include:

- I have presented a very well composed and clearly articulated case on RagingIke, who I scumread, following a series of interactions with him earlier in the phase, and my observations on his response to being a lead wagon for a while.

- I have called for an Ezio lynch, which you are at least clearly aware of.

- I have highlighted the fact that Bozo was calling for my lynch at the same time as saying I was a null read.

- I have addressed a series of highly tedious enquiries from Squiggs.

- I have helpfully provided some Vote Counts because the Peterbot is not working.

- I engaged in some early discussions of the mechanics and in particular made sure everyone is aware that a Mafia day-chat exists, as some people seemed not to realise this.

- I am forcing you to participate.
Another reason why Jamiet is most likely town. He's actually taking his scum hunting effort serious and feels angry when people ignore it or do not even acknowledge it.

Vecna

#1123 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:05 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:23 pm
You guys do realize we have a role whose sole power is to scan people to see if they are alien or not, right?
An actual note to scum; Dont be idiots and use your roleblock tonight, you have like one usefull target to hit but a ton more that can fuck with the alien in meaningfull ways

Vecna

#1124 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:06 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:25 pm
This is weird. Rdrivera and Bozo are the ones obvtowning this game.
Rdrivera is not quite there yet for me, but im curious to know what makes you say this.

Agree on Bozo

Vecna

#1125 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:08 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:28 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
You guys do realize we have a role whose sole power is to scan people to see if they are alien or not, right?
I thought about this, too. And it might allow me to change my vote by EoD. But the alien-cop can scan one person. After two days, there'll be two people he has to scan, and if he scans 'alien' all that will mean is that the scanee has a 50% chance of being an alien (basically an innocent virus carrier. He is not evil. Just his vote won't count till the original alien is dead.) The FIRST day, the alien-cop might get lucky. And then do some good, as he can tell us whom he scanned. Unless he is NKed. Our one SURE chance to get the alien is now.
Not very impressed by Darg up untill this point. I have a terrible track record reading him, but he's really not showing any real town thoughts for me so far.

Vecna

#1126 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:11 am

MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:18 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:10 pm
It's gone very quiet.

Moscow, who are you talking to in your QT?
You but you won't reply :cry:

ND, you missed my ##vote Jamie earlier. I'll probably be changing anyways though due to nobody else being on the wagon.

We should 100% not be lynching Ezio. It's a stupid reaction test. If he really is alien there are a ton of ways to verify it. We would be wasting a lynch on him.
Im still wary of these types of posts. Obviously Ezio is reaction testing. But people are not at all asking -why- and what the purpose of it is.

Ill be waiting to see what it produces

Vecna

#1127 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:21 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
that's the equivalent of saying

"let's not lynch the dude hard claiming mafia the entire day because we have a cop who can scan him tonight"
Sometimes it is better to find out about someone else than lynch a confirmed scum.
I feel like people are missing the very blaring obvious downsides to this entire scenario. Ill talk about them later on not to give any certain roles any ideas but.....this scenario is bad.

Vecna

#1128 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:24 am

thamrick wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 pm
Agree to disagree.

Someone tell me that darg doesn't feel off this game.
Although completely different in a certain way this game, im feeling pretty good about the Thamrick slot. Hopefully he's not buddying me in my discussions with Squigs but quite a nice level of mindblend.

Vecna

#1129 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:25 am

MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Quas, everything you've said is assuming Ezio is actually the alien. You think it's impossible for him to be town fakeclaiming?
MF staying on them sidelines, just asking too obvious questions of people

Vecna

#1130 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:15 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Cropping my question out of the quote does not mean I never asked it. Please answer my question.

I've built one meager case and I townread at least four people based on the brief bit of this thread that I've read, but none of that is worth explicating on at the moment.
if you have a case on someone, why aren't you DOING ANYTHING about it then
What a fine question. As I said, it is not worth explicating on at the moment. Day 1 is about info, not necessarily lynching the first of four scum in a row, and lynching Ezio does not give us info. My interest is preventing us from lynching someone who claimed mafia exclusively because they claimed mafia, and while thus far it appears that there are enough brave and vocal people to ensure that that does not happen, it's close enough that rather than putting forward my own admittedly meager case against someone without a wagon, I am simply lending my support to other wagons that actually provide us information.

If you said that that does not give us any tangible information about me, you are absolutely right. Unfortunately for whoever first thinks this, that's not my problem.
LordQuas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:08 pm
For what it's worth, someone taking the easy way out and voting for Ezio despite the fact that they should have actual scumreads based on their own observations is probably going to be the subject of my case.
so you want to leave the alien alive? an anti-town role, which does not benefit town from staying alive
Yes, I want to leave the alien claimant alive. Quote me later, preferably out of context for maximum impact.

I have zero reason to believe that he is lying. A somewhat common third party strategy is to claim early and play a game where neither town nor mafia can afford to kill you, survive into a 3-player endgame, and win. It's especially common among players who have no idea how to play their third party role, are a bit panicked when they see that they are the third party, and don't have the interest in the game to come up with a concrete plan to survive. That said, if town plays a reasonable game (or if town sucks and mafia spanks us), then he has sealed his death in stone anyway. It should occur at a later date when we have information. If it happened now, we have no valuable information that we get from late day vote shifting on day 2. In that instance, not only have we (intentionally) avoided scum on day 1 but also we have failed to maximize our chances at getting scum on day 2 and the days beyond. We only help mafia by killing him today.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:03 pm
I also agree with Qas, I was expecting Ezio to retract and if he doesn't retract I think lynching him now is the best choice (probably shooting him is even better).
Can you please answer my question?
Oh boy, and out come the try-hard Bo-walls.

Sounds pretty sensible with his given history, but theres quite a few good grounds to disagree with stuff here.

Vecna

#1131 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:32 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:20 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
that's the equivalent of saying

"let's not lynch the dude hard claiming mafia the entire day because we have a cop who can scan him tonight"
There's a difference. Cop can scan all mafia, the alien cop only scans for aliens. Also, there's still a chance Ezio is town with his claim, while a town hard claiming mafia is much worse play.

I'm fine with Ezio dying today, he's going to be lynched at some point, so a day one lynch when we have less info is fine. I just don't want everyone piling on him and making day one easy for scum to blend.
Yeah, squigs is pretty towny this game.

Vecna

#1132 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:35 pm
So just to conclude some really important take home messages from the last 3 pages:

1. If Ezio is Mafia, so is Bo_Sox.

2. If Ezio is Town, Bo_Sox is probably the Alien.

3. If Ezio is the Alien, he made a serious error of judgement.
Christ, what?

Vecna

#1133 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:44 pm
I'm here now. I see the bot is still not working. While I catch up and look for a vote count, has anything important happened since last night?

Have Ike and bo read their role PMs yet?
Really hoping Xorxes is gonna do interesting stuff anytime soon after this post

Nephthys

#1134 Post by Nephthys » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:41 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 am
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:58 pm

I think that Town Ike would have defended himself when he was the lead wagon, which in this case he absolutely did not do.
Come on man, I agree with your conclusion but honestly, no one defends themselves in the first 24 hours of D1.

You are tunneling hard
Even though I see what you see, why tell someone off when theyre finding reasons to lynch someone that youre also scumreading? Thats what your saying here right?

Also of the little posts that Neph made, I do not really get why he chose this of all things to comment on.
I was around

What else do you want me to comment on?

Vecna

#1135 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 am

Ezio wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:02 pm
Howdy everyone. I've been around today, watching and waiting.

Here's my take of what's been going on.

Jamiet is mafia and is intentionally over-reacting to my claim. This doesn't feel genuine from him at all, and I felt particularly bad about his explanation to Bo about how he's not tunneling Ike but pressuring me. I also felt bad about him calling me out for reading the thread but not posting. I'm really tempted to use my gun on him, but I figure it's a waste to use a gun with no flip d1.

It's nice to see LordQuas hasn't improved from the last game I played with him. Scumlean, but on average just shit town. BTW you overuse the phrase "gamethrowing" a lot.

I'm suspicious of Vaporwave but his reads have been on point and on average I think he's gonna be right most of the time. If he was worse I'd be scumreading him for it, but I think he's town.

Bo sox is absolutely towny. His memory is faulty because I survive d1 a ton. I usually get shot between N1-N2. Can't happen this game b/c I'm the one with the gun ;)
So claiming gun. But he didnt shoot it before EOD?

So many weird layers going on here. Another lie on top of a lie? Forgetting that item thief will just steal it from him tonight? Not afraid to get shot by the assassin?

Im still not really seeing the town motivation here. I also dont think Ezio has the balls to do this as the assassin himself though. Guess its just time for /popcorn

Vecna

#1136 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:50 am

LordQuas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:09 pm
Ezio wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:05 pm
Oookay so Ezio is apparently hardclaiming the gun as well.

what is this rng xd
I said the whole phase I was alien with the ray gun.
@ezio am I a shit town or am I scum

which is it and why did you say I was both
Even though I like most of the content, LQ sure appears to be even more aggressive this game

Vecna

#1137 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:52 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 pm
Well, I am caught up.

I honestly wanted to wait for the D3 strat of voting for ourselves, but if the group wants to take the alien out now then so be it - ##vote Ezio.

Back to work. I'll be around EOD on mobile.
Weak

Vecna

#1138 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:57 am

LordQuas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:28 pm
thamrick wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 pm
Anyone else feel like LQ is very over-the-top and forced here? Doesn't make sense to me
I've been tame as hell
:lol:

Vecna

#1139 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:58 am

Ezio wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm
Hey everybody!

I'm absolutely NOT the alien. I figure holding onto the fakeclaim until 30 mins before EoD is long enough to get serious reactions yet gives enough time for wagons to reform. Maybe this was too long (maybe not long enough!)

In general people reacted about as I would have expected them to, and I made a note of the important exceptions to that, specifically Jamiet's reaction.

In general I think jumping onto my wagon was scummy, particularly those who did it later in the day (but I like einstein's vote for some reason).
There better be some better followup coming to this in what I have remaining to read or im gonna push a policy on this slot.

Vecna

#1140 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:01 am

MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm
Lynching Ezio today would be a braindead move. He's actually done a terrific job of drawing plenty of reactions.

I'm going to double down on ##vote Jamie. He has absolutely not been his over-the-top town self. He's also gotten hung up wayyyy too much on Ezio which was so fucking obvious from the start that it was a reaction test.

A few people have said they scumread Jamie, care to join me?
Can you link me examples where Ezio has done this before as town? Why do you immediately assume people doing a reaction test is towny behaviour in a game with three factions?