MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

#1601 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 pm

yeet

I feel mildly successful at being vaguely scumread so far lol

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1602 Post by flash2015 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:06 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:51 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:47 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:58 pm
Flash:
Votes emc early for hedginess. Naked vote on attorney. Talks about mechanics a bit. Gives a slight town read to brain for being quiter. More filler posts. Comments that he doesn’t like the brain wagon because brain is being brain, but does like the attorney wagon (but doesn’t say why). When the attorney wagon dissolves, he votes rdrivera because he can’t see brain as scum, but can with rdrivera. Could be saving brain here, but flash is always a hard character to read, especially since we don’t have any scum meta on him. possible scum
Minor point. I did give reasons in response to Vapour. Did you miss it?
I just isod 18 players. It's very likely I missed something. The reasons you are talking about are for what? Your vote on attorney?
yes

Vaporwave

#1603 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:06 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 pm
yeet

are you a spy in the night? :razz:

e.m.c^42

#1604 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:06 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 pm
yeet

are you a spy in the night? :razz:
XD

it occurred to me sometime yesterday that from the previous game, the large majority of people who were really towning me was entire scumteam - peter, with exception of Tom and Vecna. everyone else was mild leaning one way or the other iirc

+ decided to take advice about not trying so hard to be "towny"

resulting in an absolutely retarded plan that I can't see the point of currently lmfao

e.m.c^42

#1605 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm

don't really have much more walls in me rn, might as well respond :D
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:58 pm
[snip snip]
I could post more, but emc spends some time day 1 going after people voting brain.
Doesn’t mention rdrivera until 2 hours before EoD, when he makes a somewhat confusing comment on rdrivera - something about wanting to know if rdrivera’s opinion of brain changed regarding fake claiming.
Then with 29 minutes to go places his first vote, on rdrivera, for the sole purpose of sheeping Xorxes and Vecna. With 7 minutes to go, posts more detail on Rdrivera, again citing other people’s opinions as reasoning to both not vote brain and vote rdrivera. Highly suspect behavior in vca, possible scum.
[more snippy yay]
The reason I wanted to know more about why people were voting brain was because it seemed too simple/too easy--he really didn't do anything at all lol--and that they left after voting him (out of many, one of which was rdr). prolly overthinking it, but it feels like an excuse in some parts to not go after other things they think might be leads.

e.m.c^42

#1606 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 pm

to reword the question I asked at the time:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:58 pm
I do want to know if his opinion changed after rereading/catching up though, since;
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:42 am
I am having problems catching up with the game because of my real life activities. I tried last night and just felt asleep. Readed the last pages now.

I think bb meltdown with Durga isn't alignment indicative, he is probably really offended, specially because of the prior interactions with Durga, I hope this don't derail the game. The retracting on the claim is the problematic thing. Brain is fully capable of fake claiming as town, and a no-con claiming con isn't bad as Xorxes already pointed as it gives cover to the cop . But why retract? This just seems bb trying to muddy the waters like last game or maybe trying to signal something to the Mafia team.

[brain vote snipped] for now while I try to re-read a bit.
since he said he found the argument with durga NAI, but then said retracting fake claims wasn't? when brain is somewhat known for doing that regardless of alignment iirc

not too sure why
rdr said he thinks the durga/bb argument is likely to be NAI. However, he thinks that the retracting part of the fake claim is scummy. Was wondering then about the difference, since fake claiming/retracting seems to go hand-in-hand with brain regardless of alignment, since it's for shits and giggles anyways :D

but thinking on it now, it seems to be simply my failure at mechs understanding XD

bozotheclown

#1607 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:43 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:15 am

Anyway, I'd forgotten about your forced claim. So I need to take that into consideration.

But there's no way Bozo did what he did unless he knew something.
Are you saying he's scum?
Option 1: Bozo is scum and he tried to tie the vote to protect Rdrivera (hoping to protect Brain as well). Which is a huge risk for scum, although if it succeeded, he'd have looked pretty good for lynching Brain and whether it was scum-v-scum wagons would have been a hypothetical question... If he's scum, he got the worst outcome with BB's modkill, and he couldn't have seen that coming, so I think that makes this likely.

Option 2: Bozo is town and he badly misplayed his last-minute vote, and we got lucky that BB was mod-killed. Despite that I posted after him to note the tie, a decision to change a vote takes a little longer to consider (and you still run the risk of someone else trying to break the tie in the other decision). But I have also seen Bozo save himself with last minute votes as scum, and he has timed them pretty much like this one. That is not to say he's scum this time, but is to say that he knows what he's doing with a last minute vote and knows just how likely it is that anyone could/would counter his vote.

Other factors: Bozo has claimed non-conservative.

I think option 1 is more likely, particularly considering that it was a fluke that BB got mod-killed. If he hadn't claimed non-conservative, I'd be more aggressive on this (I think "you tie, you die" should still be in play even if there's a modkill). As it stands, though, I think looking among the conservative claims is a better strategy than tunneling on him when I'm unlikely to get traction on it.
It was only a misplay if it turns out rdrivera is scum.

I think if you knew I tied the vote and had time to point it out, you had time to untie the vote if you thought ending it a tie was so bad in that situation. How about "leave the vote tied, you die".

Durga

#1608 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:33 pm

honestly will be shocked if fox is anything but scum

Durga

#1609 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:34 pm

i really don't know how people can so solidly scum read rdr after the last day and his posts since then.

like. rdr's night posts are sooooo his town meta

e.m.c^42

#1610 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:34 pm
i really don't know how people can so solidly scum read rdr after the last day and his posts since then.

what is his town meta, then? :D

all I know is beaches, more beaches, ahaha

Foxcastle

#1611 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 pm
How about "leave the vote tied, you die".
Well, that's 19 people, so are doing this alphabetical, or what? Which is fine with me, I'm still keen to see Attorney swing.

e.m.c^42

#1612 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Durga wrote:

this is to anyone btw

Durga

#1613 Post by Durga » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Durga wrote:

getting angry is his town meta

bozotheclown

#1614 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 pm

The things I found oddest about day 1 was that the votes stayed constant for about 2 hours starting 2.5 hours before EOD, then brainbomb self voted and stated he was scum, and the result was 4 players changing their vote from Attorney to rdrivera. For whatever reason, these players were dedicated to not lynching brainbomb.

RagingIke297

#1615 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:49 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 pm
The things I found oddest about day 1 was that the votes stayed constant for about 2 hours starting 2.5 hours before EOD, then brainbomb self voted and stated he was scum, and the result was 4 players changing their vote from Attorney to rdrivera. For whatever reason, these players were dedicated to not lynching brainbomb.
They're a good chunk of my scum team guess, it was so sheepy

bozotheclown

#1616 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 pm
How about "leave the vote tied, you die".
Well, that's 19 people, so are doing this alphabetical, or what? Which is fine with me, I'm still keen to see Attorney swing.
You are the only one who demonstrated the ability to untie the vote yet chose to leave it tied.

RagingIke297

#1617 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Not going to be around at EON, will be sporadic, so reads now (no reasoning attached in post, just from what I remember because I'm lazy):

Strong Town: xorxes, worcej, Vecna
Weak Town: Durga, thamrick, Vaporwave, damo666, e.m.c^42, rdrivera2005
Null: Percy Williams, Tom Bombadil, Attorney, bozotheclown
Weak Scum: Nephthys, ND
Strong Scum: Ezio, flash2015, Foxcastle, Squigs44

Vecna

#1618 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 pm
Back and now I have ~50 pages to read to understand how BB was caught so early and why rdr was a wagon...

This will be a fun task lol...
Major bussing

Vecna

#1619 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:58 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:45 pm
Attorney, - still not giving me good vibes don't like how he never really presents reasoning with his statements. D1 still sits badly. Probably scum

bozotheclown, voted to save rd right at the end, a bold move that I currently think may be too daring as scum - townlean

brainbomb - Dead scum

damo666, Not too much content, A lot of clarifying and mechanics weak scumlean

Durga, I dont really know what to think here, I need the time to properly read up on her. Null for now

e.m.c^42,Very different playstyle to last game, a lot more confident which I like, although I'm wondering it comes from being scum and having more information to start with. Depsite that, I've liked the analysis he's put in so far. The one thing that does get me is he said he doesn't really want to jump on the Rd wagon then rides it to the end. I find that a little concerning considering how close Rd got to being lynched. I suppose weak town though.

Ezio, Puts some defense on brain with an hour to go wanting to lynch a guy "that asked for low posters to come online". Scum

Flash2015, not really getting anything from him... Null

Foxcastle, Defended brain, didn't even really consider him as a possible scum. One post really got me where he said his lynch pref (A > Rd > Ez) despite never mentioning Ezio before that. Scum

MoscowFleet/Tom,- Not enough to go on

ND, All his posts were mechanics until his vote. Scumlean

Percy Williams, has he actually provided any content yet? From memory he's town read flash and thinks vapor isnt being defensive. I really wanna see some reads but until I do he's in my top scum pile.

RagingIke, Votes Vapor in an attempt to get him to use his votes better then just disappears for 15hrs. Seemed to rise a little to the B/D thing. Weak scumlean

rdrivera, There was too much movement EOD esp with brain's dying vote that I just don't see how he can be scum. Hope to see more engagement when RL clears up.

Squigs44, as much as I love this guy his scum game is kinda average. Here he seems more driven and engaged. I like it. Town

thamrick, Also not much to go on but after looking into his first post there was all sorts of bad. Scum

Vaporwave, Getting better, starting to make some good contributions. I'm backing w/t with Attorney, townish esp with claim

Vecna, Good analysis and poking, town

worcej, Claims waay too early in a way that makes me think town. HIs vote on Durga gives me pause though as it seemed really hedgy. Null

xorxes. Townleader, I'm not prepared to consider he's pulling some ridiculous play yet.

Scum - Tham, Fox, Ezio, Attorney
Weak Scum - Ike, ND, Damo
Null - Tom, Durga, flash, worcej
Town - Xorx, Vecna, Vapor, Squigs, Rd, EMC, bozo
Surprised you didnt question my defending of brainbomb in the slightest. If anyone put in the most effort to divert the lynch from him, surely it has to have been me?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1620 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 pm
That's my man. It's pretty obvious that was a save attempt to brain.
How many times did you saw a last minute counter wagon to a scum that is another scum? In D1? I don't remember, feel free to post a link if someone find one.

Fox insisting that Bozo is scum and that he tried to tie to save me just makes me feel he is the scum. It makes no sense, even if you think I am scum, why scum Bozo would do something like that? It could end in three scum being lynched? Bozo is smart enough to not take this risk and Fox is smart enough to know it.