Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#1281 Post by thamrick » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:01 pm

I guess more directly, I'm asking either why those three look bad or why the other four look good

Vecna

#1282 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Thamrick, can you write a short 50-100 word mini-essay on 3-5 people in this game so we can sample some of your thought processes?

DoubtingThomas

#1283 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:59 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:51 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:50 pm

It really doesnt
xorxes nd moscow looks worse than ezio peter flsah bozo to me
Are you saying those 4 (ezio, peter, flash bozo) look good to you or that the other 3 look bad?
Why are all webdip player asking the dumbest question in the universe

DoubtingThomas

#1284 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:01 pm
I guess more directly, I'm asking either why those three look bad or why the other four look good
they look relatively worse cuz i scum read them they look relatively better cuz i dont scum read them like i do the others

Jamiet99uk

#1285 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm

I can't be the only person scumreading Brainbomb. Sigh.

I don't like the CrimsonFox wagon much.

e.m.c^42

#1286 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:36 pm
main 3 towns x main 3 scums
Ahh okay, thanks. (googling didn't help in this case XD)

For town, probably something like:
Vecna; (I just favor his posting "taste" for some reason, so this is rather biased. If you go for more details it most likely has something to do with the fact that the first game I spectated here had him doing very well as town, leaving an impression.) Whether it's how he words things or how he chooses to point things out, it's not in a negative tone or attitude--but he seems good enough to fake it well too lol) His method of responding to posts as he reads through shows that he's paying attention, at the very least, and gives insight to the thought process linearly. The reasoning is something that I can actually follow along, unlike for some other people when I don't know what they're referring to if they say "x is sus, y is town" without a "why" when it's not a gut read.

Moscow seems legit as well, he responds (and although he's not that high in post count, you can tell that each one took time and effort to type.), and he's serious enough--enough to realize that you can't really determine anything for certain so far, and doesn't overly speculate. But, there was a lot based on his past meta knowledge.

RHK; Also seemed to be genuinely trying to catch up, same as above two, but it's also partially cuz I liked the song lmao

damn why did that take so long to type. I'll put the other three in a reply

LordQuas

#1287 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:17 pm

I wake

the ground rumbles, so does my stomach, I'm in class

LordQuas

#1288 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 am
thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 am
On readthrough, getting great town vibes from:

DoubtingThomas
Vecna
ghug
LordQuas
jamiet

##unvote

@ND - you seem trollololololly. Don't remember you that way. What changed? Also, I assume those recent reads are scumreads. Townreads?
:? This came out of nowhere. No thought process. Might as well've just copied some popular reads. Scummyness read improves if not more content is provided.
if he was copping popular sentiment, ghug and jamie are NOT being read as town

LordQuas

#1289 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:25 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am
LQuas - you advocate more posts but also not thorough trading of thread. This is contradictory. And I don't like it.

##vote LQuas
what does this even mean, I don't thoroughly TRADE the thread? bwuh?

Jamiet99uk

#1290 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:25 pm

I am going to review the low posters as I'm on my phone, it's possible, and they tend to go unnoticed.

Peterlund

Peterlund has posted three times.

His first post is a complaint that Durga is not in the game. Aw.

His second post provides a list of hedgy reads on about half a dozen people, and a vote for CF because CF is "arrogant" and "has something to hide"...

Well that's a great reason for a vote. Oh, no, it isn't.

His third post repeats how he thinks CF is "hiding something" (by directly quoting his previous post).

That's it. Peter's entire contribution.

SCUMLEAN

LordQuas

#1291 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:12 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:11 am

Closed.
Lol did you enjoy drinking Capirinhas? :lol:
Yep, a lot, lemon, sugar and cachaça, what can be better? Can't drink as much as I did on the past unfortunately.
Just for context, I am Brasilian, it's summer here and I am on vacation with family (wife and daughter).
lucky, it's been sub 10 degrees all week

So I'd like to also point out that brainbomb went from "Quas I have no idea how to read you" to "Quas is scum guys" in like 3 pages without a single post from me

I was active posting all day and as SOON as I dip he starts to scum read me and push me :?

LordQuas

#1292 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:33 am
LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:27 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:13 am
im hyped quas. so very hyped.
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:12 am
Quas obv fucking town that it makes me happy
cool, now let's solve this heckin game

people are complaining about too much activity enough that I'm going to take it upon myself to make Ketchup posts, if you ever miss a period of time and want to get just some rudimentary stuff to look at, ISO me and ctrl+f for "Ketchup"

Ketchup 1
Barring a shift in game state, I want to lynch in the people that 3-20 range and not really making any attempt to contribute to the game

naming names it would look something like

ghug
flash
Ike
thamrick
bozo
moscow
thd
food
damo666 (he fits the bill despite having just over 20 posts)
xorxes (same as above)
Neph (same as above)

and maybe Ezio but not sure I want to go there he has some redeeming factors

AT THE VERY LEAST we should be pressuring these players to get them to move off their asses. With the exception of Ezio the list isn't really organized but I think Ike, who has been jumping in and out and has been EXTREMELY quick to respond to accusations on him without actually posting content, displaying that he is indeed FOLLOWING the thread just not participating

some of the other people garnering attention are Jamie, for being a much more mellow version of himself (which is out of character), and CrimsonFox, for being a high poster who is basically spamming, which is also more in line with his wolf meta then not

regarding towns, DoubtingThomas is my top town, and should be yours too. Not clear by any means of course but I wouldn't go for him for quite awhile barring a total shift

emc is a brand new player with a lot to prove, and vapor is at least new to the site, but they're both showing up large right now. I haven't focused on them too much but they have people vouching for them

Vecna has been sheeping too much and not made as much of an impact to me as I would have liked, and ND is more the opposite, all impact and no substance

brainbomb feels towny and garnered more then enough suspicion at the very start of the game where if he's a wolf there's almost guaranteed at least one early busser. Plus strong meta read from DoubtingThomas
Bro, I think youre majorly swapping sheeping and being sheeped.

Vecna scumreads BB on p1, what happens?
Vecna starts off scumreading Jamiet, what happens?
Vecna opens up the fire on Thamrick....I think you get the message?

I dont see noone talking about a top townread on Rdrivera or Tom Bombadil. I dont see noone actively gunning for my targets before I do.

In short, wtf you talkin bout son?
I'm trynna get the consensus, and consensus you're being sussed for some reason? I don't want to kill you today ever if that makes sense, and Tom I think is pretty widely town read but

and your recent posts were pretty much just "yeah what this guy said"

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1293 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 pm

CrimsonFox wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:03 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:02 am
we want ND around for his solving cases
is this another one of those bleeding heart bullshit sob stories of "don't lynch THIS guy because he's good at the game when town"
He's not even good at the game when he's town though.

Jamiet99uk

#1294 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Now for a look at

ThdFrance

His participation appears in the first few pages and then he vanishes until reappearing in the last few pages.

In his 3 early posts:

- He votes for Ghug and talks about shitposting.
- He attacks e.m.c.^42 for knowing that shitposting takes place.
- He gets called out for his shitty argument on e.m.c.^42 and jumps back to Ghug.

In his 3 recent posts:

- He says he's caught up, calls his Ghug vote a joke vote, and unvotes.
- He says he "believes Flash" and votes for CF.
- He talks about whether I am angry or not.

That's it. NAGL.

@ThdFrance:

1. Talk us through your reasoning for voting e.m.c.^42 earlier?
2. Tell us in your own words why you are persuaded that CF is scum?
3. Why have you participated so little?

Jamiet99uk

#1295 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:38 pm

I'll ##VOTE THDFRANCE to give him some motivation to answer.

Also is his name pronounced like "Tee-H-Dee France" or "The Dif'rence"?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1296 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:38 pm

thdfrance wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:28 pm
Ok, I am for the most part finally caught up! Apologies for not being around, but I should be online for most of the day today (I think my workload is light today). I will ##unvote to get the meme vote off ghug and compile my thoughts when I get to my desk at work.
That's some scared by pressure shit if I've ever seen it.

Jamiet99uk

#1297 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm

@Ghug: Has your opinion of ND changed or do you still consider him your #1 scumread? How would you feel if he fell into some machinery?

LordQuas

#1298 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:04 pm
p35 gets a special mention here, for live action and older quotes that caught my eye just now.

Quas is chastizing ghug while praising rdr on the subject of activity. Quas applauds rdr for trying. Rdr to that point had like 9 posts, not a one of them with more than about 2 lines besides the ones mourning having to be in the game instead of on the beach.

Quas and DT then go into a full mutual town reading bromance, then both say two of the most alarming things you can read:

- You don't need to read the game, just skim it

and

- ghug needs to die, regardless that he's possibly town (And in DT's case, even if he is PR)

This is how scum tries to manipulate the narrative, by telling you to just make a vote on what they find or on incomplete reads and information.
funny you say that, cause I just read through the entire page 35 and I don't mention rdr once

not

once :?

and you DON'T need to read the game if you don't have the time, it's obviously better if you can but saying "sure take all the time you want" allows scum to just lurk under the guise of not reading

I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have someone show up and start posting in the thread then spend 2 days catching up and make 1 post a day

You're an idiot if this isn't the case

LordQuas

#1299 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:58 pm
FINALLY I HAVE MY PEACE

I'm wearing my jewel crown cause the vote was accepted by peter bot

[*]“Lynch” vote: The first level of voting is for whom you intend to kill. Notate this vote with a pair of hash symbols before your intended vote target. (e.g., ##VOTE VECNA) You do not need to spell out your intended target's username fully; as long as the GM can understand who you're referencing. In the event of a tie during an execution vote, no one shall be killed.

- pls don't say that, it won't registers if it's not the exact user, this point is misleading
read the posts you copy first

thamrick

#1300 Post by thamrick » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:45 pm

I have a pretty strong townread on DoubtingThomas. Most of that is based around his analysis of thdfrance's vote on emc. The thought process he has is one trying to figure out thd's motivation and comes from what seems like a town perspective to me.

flash seems like the most likely candidate to be scum to me right now. Spent the first 50 pages with all fluff. Comes in today and immediately jumps on the lead wagon with a hedgy reason. Rdr calls him out and he immediately gets defensive about it.

RHK seems solidly town to me. His first few posts challenge the town narrative of two leading townreads. I don't think scum come in out of the gate looking to rock the boat. They can just kill off the leading town voices.

brainbomb seems sus to me. He seems very content to just go with the flow and throw his vote around casually. Lacking the usual bite to his game and not following up with his theories. However, I'm not sure that implies scum because I think he invests in his role regardless of alignment.