Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#601 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 pm
Something has just occurred to me!

Damo666 seemed to think, when I talked about how I couldn't be bussed, that this was a slip, and he'd caught me as Serial Killer. I know Ghug joked about this, but looking back, Damo's reaction looks like he genuinely thought he might have uncovered the SK.

In this setup the Mafia have reason to be particularly scared of the SK, because the SK can survive the Nightkill, not once but twice. Therefore if scum think they've got s bead on the SK, they would prioritise them for lynching.

Does this earn Damo a couple of scum notches?
I don't think he was being being serious.
I have to agree with Jamie here, I think damo was being serious (you obviously weren't).

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#602 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:23 pm
On the road home from a weekend trip to family.

Looks like normal aggro Jamie, and I fully believe his giant GM call at game start is a town tell, he could have done all of that in private instead, though that can turn into wifom.

Ghug claiming he’s more important than he likely really is, but it’s not fully alignment indicative.

Quas came out swinging for the biggest dog in the yard and got a pitfight in return. I’m leaning scum but adjusting to Null because I have a terrible fucking habit of lynching new (to site, at least) townies.

Crimson on the other hand, comes in the fool but smarcks up really quick. It just feels so fucking odd. Again, I seem too eager to lynch new to webdip mafia players but I can’t shake it.

Neph’s giant post on +1s is townie as hell and I think the whole forgetting a role is even a townslip.

Vecna loves trolling us, and I think this claim will turn into a reaction test. Frankly, the role claimed is so low power I don’t even think we give a fuck at the moment.

Lots of anchors and lurks, Ezio, ND, Fox, others I’m not recalling at the moment.

Prelim ##Vote Crimson
Most of these aren't reads, these are just comments on people's meta/personality. Super easy to fabricate this stuff as a wolf.

xorxes

#603 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:03 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:57 pm
I guess I should write
A clever poem for you
To gain a + 1

I also agree that shooting Vecna seems beneficial if you don't have a strong enough scum read... but I disagree with the recent idea of shooting a "lurker"
I wonder why you would disagree with that...

Shooting Vecna is a complete waste, his claim is almost certainly true, and in any case verifying it doesn't tell us anything.

Nephthys

#604 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 pm

I explicitly asked for +1s in multiple posts. Other people jokeposted, which is all Crimson did. Your logic there is unbelievably confbiasy at best and blatantly disingenuous at worst.

I think his logic was abhorrent.

What post did I focus on and drive hard?
You literally have an almost identical post in another game (if this post gets x +1s I will....). You then stated you trying to troll Jamie. Yes they are +1 asking posts but there are alternative motives. I have no such meta to base off for cFox therefore I suspect him more for it.

The context of this whole disagreement? My response to the +1 solicitation.
That's not one post though, it's been continuous context in the vote you were holding until you OMGUSed me.

We've never had a game allow +1s before, so I'm fairly sure I haven't made a similar post before. I'll give you that I had other motivations, but I'm not sure why you assume that jokeposting isn't an alternative motivation itself.
My bad, it was votes - from M33

##VOTE DemonOverlord #newuclabb

If the ghug wagon gets five upvotes in the first hour I'll claim scum again. Ten and I'll post nudes.

Anyway I'm done with this, it isnt very useful and I've already said I'm gonna re-read later

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#605 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 pm
Squigs please stop polluting the thread by posting things from the early part of the phase which have already been discussed, questioned, answered, etc.

First get caught up, then ask questions. Seriously.
Sorry, but there ain't no way that I am going to read 30 pages and then remember all the details of what I read. I'll try to cut down to just quoting the things that I think are mostly important.

bozotheclown

#606 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 pm
ghug wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

You literally have an almost identical post in another game (if this post gets x +1s I will....). You then stated you trying to troll Jamie. Yes they are +1 asking posts but there are alternative motives. I have no such meta to base off for cFox therefore I suspect him more for it.

That's not one post though, it's been continuous context in the vote you were holding until you OMGUSed me.

We've never had a game allow +1s before, so I'm fairly sure I haven't made a similar post before. I'll give you that I had other motivations, but I'm not sure why you assume that jokeposting isn't an alternative motivation itself.

If the ghug wagon gets five upvotes in the first hour I'll claim scum again. Ten and I'll post nudes.

Anyway I'm done with this, it isnt very useful and I've already said I'm gonna re-read later
The bot took this as a vote for DemonRHK.

Nephthys

#607 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 pm
Nephthys wrote:
ghug wrote:

The bot took this as a vote for DemonRHK.
Oops ##vote Ghug just gonna change that back

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#608 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Nephthys wrote:
ghug wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

Oh man, I'd forgotten about the game where I claimed scum. That was excellent.

bozotheclown

#609 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Nephthys wrote:
ghug wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

That is impressive, though, I doubt scum would be rereading all of these old games, so maybe you are really town this time.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#610 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 pm

You're not pushing me anymore, the thing you found scummy you now think is NAI, and you don't want to talk about it anymore, but you're still voting for me?

xorxes

#612 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm more okay with shooting Bozo (or whoever the top lynch is when you decide to do it) and effectively getting two lynches, but I don't think we have enough time for that.
Why not?

Eveb if calendar is in place (hopefully not D1) there's still like one hour left.

I think scum want to hide among the low posters without being non-posters. So just quickly looking, that would be worcej, Darg, DemonRHK, Ezio, Squigs. And the thing with Ezio is that he's always a low poster, so I'm not sure he even belongs in the list of candidates.
Ezio is not always a low poster, and in any case that's not really a good excuse to hide behind. I'd say Squigs but I haven't read his last posts yet though I saw he finally did show up.

brainbomb

#613 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 pm

An arrow flies, Ezio has died!

he was Emperor Pedro of BRAZIL - TOWN TREE STUMP

Ancient Era -> Vanilla
Classical Era -> Vanilla
Medieval Era -> Vanilla
Renaissance Era -> Vanilla
Exploration Era -> Treestump
Industrial Era -> Treestump
Atomic Era -> Treestump
Modern Era -> Treestump
Future Era -> Treestump

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#614 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 pm

You know what, I am starting to get a bad vibe on this Bozo wagon and don't want to leave to the movies and keep my vote parked there.
Anyone want to start a wagon on some useless lurker, like ND or DrCJ?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#615 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:22 pm
K, I'm done trolling Jamie. I really don't see anything scum indicative in Ezio's blatant reaction test, though, and Jamie tends to focus his wrath more on shit that offends him than shit that's scummy when he's scum, so my vote's staying.

Nephthys, how was Crimson "begging" for +1s, and why are you not criticizing me for begging for them myself?
Got it,

Crimson
Pg4 - posts 5 times, apart from "Hi Quas" the other four seem to me like he's trying to force jokes etc to get the +1's
Pg 5 - lots of smaller posts that add nothing to the conversation except indicating that posts are too long etc. I would have expected maybe one post to indicate that he wasn't going to read through the long posts etc and would come back to it. It just seem off to me.

Note that I called him out for the begging on this page
Pg6 - Seems like he's trying to make it seem as though its his playstyle, with a lack of meta there isn't too much to read into.

I will be the first to admit that I saw pg4 and then may have tunneled. My scumread of him was based MAINLY around the treatment of him from Jamie but the initial posts made me think that as scum he would be more driven to ensure his condition is fulfilled.
Can you clarify this Nepthys? Are you saying you were scumreading CFox because of what Jamiet said?

xorxes

#616 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 pm
Nobody else wants to vote for scummy little Damo?
I don't see anything specially compelling there. Squigs, bozo, Foxc, rivera are all more appealing.

Jamiet99uk

#618 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 pm

RIP EZIO

I told him to shoot Ghug.

Nephthys

#619 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 pm
You're not pushing me anymore, the thing you found scummy you now think is NAI, and you don't want to talk about it anymore, but you're still voting for me?
Im not pushing you anymore, I have doubts about my case, I don't think we are getting anywhere in this discussion, you don't think I have anything to offer intellectually so I see no way we can progress. Therefore i suggest we drop it.

I am still holding my vote on you because I still think you are most likely to be scum. I am not sold for the bozo lynch right now although I am not overtly against it.

The other people who I currently would be happy to lynch are
- RHK
- CFox

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#620 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 pm
An arrow flies, Ezio has died!

he was Emperor Pedro of BRAZIL - TOWN TREE STUMP

Ancient Era -> Vanilla
Classical Era -> Vanilla
Medieval Era -> Vanilla
Renaissance Era -> Vanilla
Exploration Era -> Treestump
Industrial Era -> Treestump
Atomic Era -> Treestump
Modern Era -> Treestump
Future Era -> Treestump
Pedro I wasn't never a good emperor anyway, the great one was Pedro II.