Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#361 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:42 am

Alright, I've got a little time so I'm going to put some thoughts out there. I'm a little shocked that my post garnered almost no attention. Only Darg and Bozo have even mentioned it and they are both suggesting I shoot Vecna.

Jamie seems town to me, just based on the volume of his posting and his tone. I think someone else said it before, this is a very sporadic Jamie, not a calculated one. CrimsonFox and LordQuas, welcome to WebDip mafia. Both of them have been posting very heavily, CF has much less substance in his posts, but it is still interesting given how unfamiliar they are with the site.

I'm not seeing anything else that stands out and I'm really not seeing anything that's screaming at me to shoot someone yet...

LordQuas

#362 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:13 am
KARMA TALLY
Ghug - 5
Neph - 4
Squiggs - 1
CrimsonFox - 1
LordQuas - 1
fuckin ghug lmao

wassup peeps, xorxes your method of sorting through lower posters is ineffective, ignore them d1 and hope they get a sub, let vigs/cops deal with them etc. With multiple, the lynch will most likely just get manipulated to hit all the town first by the wolves since all the wolves are alive, unless all wolves are low posters or uninfluential, which is unlikely

foxcastle is the dopest towny town here

ppl have been telling me what damo666 does as town but what does he do as a wolf? Is it any different in the regard of copping out with a sheep on a player early game? Also his vote back onto jamie after getting called out for it is sus

demon felt aight

I want more from ragingike, his stuff has felt very concensus and safe so far

also there's some wack reading going on, he said half the people that haven't posted are scum, not half the scum are people that haven't posted

LordQuas

#363 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 am

oh also this is super tinfoily and wifom but I don't think DT has the spunk to just leave his wolf team in the lurch like this

he cares too much, maybe he's just busy irl but

LordQuas

#364 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:45 am
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:46 pm
Ok guys. I've read my role pm and have absolutely no idea what my alignment is. Anyone have any tips?
Hhhmmmmm, may need to stick with tradition and shoot Ezio, then we'll all know his allignment
I think you should shoot Vecna to verify his claim, and if he really is Persia, we should lynch him D2, because the only way I can see him really being Persia is if he is scum.
eh I really dislike this the more I read it

##Vote bozotheclown

RagingIke297

#365 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:19 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 am
brainbomb wrote:
KARMA TALLY
Ghug - 5
Neph - 4
Squiggs - 1
CrimsonFox - 1
LordQuas - 1
**Snipped**

Anything in particular you want more on? I'd love to have a conversation with you

Nephthys

#366 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:20 am

I've tried going back through re-reading people from different perspectives etc (it was a really boring day at work) and I keep coming back to cFox being scum.

I think he went in hard for the +1 to try and bury his team mates posts for +1. This little bit of logic is based upon him being a decent player based on what I can gleam from his main profile.

Ghug seems to always take the piss on D1 from what I can remember reading his games so I personally don't think it's him. I think the scum mate is yet to start harvesting the +1. (This is assuming scum know their team roles, has this been confirmed?)

The arguments that Jamie is town seem sound and I must say that his commentary as scum last game does indicate he is a lot more cautious and methodical as scum.

##vote CrimsonFox

LordQuas

#367 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:22 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:19 am
LordQuas wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
KARMA TALLY
Ghug - 5
Neph - 4
Squiggs - 1
CrimsonFox - 1
LordQuas - 1
**Snipped**

Anything in particular you want more on? I'd love to have a conversation with you
just any reads you have on ppl outside the three you already gave, what do you think abt damo666? I asked a question abt him in that post you quoted

what abt the other fox, etc etc

LordQuas

#368 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 am

I really really really really really don't like reading ppl based on whether or not they asked for a +1

bozotheclown

#369 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 am
bozotheclown wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Hhhmmmmm, may need to stick with tradition and shoot Ezio, then we'll all know his allignment
I think you should shoot Vecna to verify his claim, and if he really is Persia, we should lynch him D2, because the only way I can see him really being Persia is if he is scum.

##Vote bozotheclown
Care to elaborate about what you do not like?

Nephthys

#370 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 am
I really really really really really don't like reading ppl based on whether or not they asked for a +1
Don't worry that isn't the totality of my case, I just cant really word the rest of it that well. Something feels off. Something above a lot of try hard no content posts.

I guess that makes it kinda instinct but its what I've got...

Nephthys

#371 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 am
Also at this stage it feels as though we have very little content on the whole to go off.

Nephthys

#372 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 am
LordQuas wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

##Vote bozotheclown
What is there to elaborate on? Now its pointed out the post seems a little odd, why would you want to tie up so many resources (shot/lynch) on someone who's claim doesn't really affect the game much.

There are also scenarios in which town Vecna false claims this.

2/3 the three likely scenarios give Vecna as town.
- Vecna (town) claims
- Vecna (scum) claims
- Vecna (town) mis-claims

That being said, I think this logic is so average that I'm gonna town-read you for it, I don't see scum posting something that rash.

LordQuas

#373 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 am

bozotheclown wrote:
LordQuas wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

##Vote bozotheclown
just feels like you're setting up for a ML one way or another, weird for this to also be your one stance, also I really don't see how him claiming would guarantee him being a wolf there

LordQuas

#374 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 am
bozotheclown wrote:
LordQuas wrote:

##Vote bozotheclown
What is there to elaborate on? Now its pointed out the post seems a little odd, why would you want to tie up so many resources (shot/lynch) on someone who's claim doesn't really affect the game much.

There are also scenarios in which town Vecna false claims this.

2/3 the three likely scenarios give Vecna as town.
- Vecna (town) claims
- Vecna (scum) claims
- Vecna (town) mis-claims

That being said, I think this logic is so average that I'm gonna town-read you for it, I don't see scum posting something that rash.
scum fake claims as well, so four but

Jamiet99uk

#375 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 am

Hello.

I am not the Serial Killer. Anyone who thinks I made a SK claim is being silly. Damo, Ghug, don't be silly.

Why are there still votes on me?

@LordQuus: You claim to know about Doubting Thomas's meta. I can only remember seeing him once and he posted a ton, and tunelled a lot. Where have you played with him before, and what is he like as scum?

RagingIke297

#376 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:35 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:22 am
RagingIke297 wrote:
LordQuas wrote:

**Snipped**

just any reads you have on ppl outside the three you already gave, what do you think abt damo666? I asked a question abt him in that post you quoted

I think the only game that I've played with Damo I mis-read him. He was town and I thought he was scum. He seems very similar to the game where I mis-read him so I townlean him.

As for Fox, within the last few games I distinctly remember one where he was scum and I was town, he came after me and I came right back at him. He fear killed me the following night. He hasn't really gone after anyone yet, but back on page 10 he said
"If we could have kept it to 8 or less for the first 24, I'd have been happier."
not sure why he would want less info and not more.

LordQuas

#377 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:39 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 am
Hello.

I am not the Serial Killer. Anyone who thinks I made a SK claim is being silly. Damo, Ghug, don't be silly.

Why are there still votes on me?

@LordQuus: You claim to know about Doubting Thomas's meta. I can only remember seeing him once and he posted a ton, and tunelled a lot. Where have you played with him before, and what is he like as scum?
agree on the ppl saying you were SK but I think that was mostly jokes

I hope that was mostly jokes

We play together on MU and that description feels fairly accurate of his meta, as a wolf he's pretty dedicated, posts a lot as well, but tends to be less agressive and care more abt other ppl's views on him I find? I've seen him low post and enter games EoD (like I'm assuming he's going to now) and he would do that as town cause he doesn't care about what ppl think of him as I said earlier. I also just am good at gut reading him for some reason but I dunno how to explain that

LordQuas

#378 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:40 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:35 am
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:22 am
RagingIke297 wrote:

I think the only game that I've played with Damo I mis-read him. He was town and I thought he was scum. He seems very similar to the game where I mis-read him so I townlean him.

As for Fox, within the last few games I distinctly remember one where he was scum and I was town, he came after me and I came right back at him. He fear killed me the following night. He hasn't really gone after anyone yet, but back on page 10 he said
"If we could have kept it to 8 or less for the first 24, I'd have been happier."
not sure why he would want less info and not more.
first read is a meh, second one is also a meh but the bit where he puts analysis on a dude saying he doesn't want a bunch of pages to read through is dumbs

just keep doing this for all your reads I want to see you detail your thought process

bozotheclown

#379 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:41 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:20 am
I've tried going back through re-reading people from different perspectives etc (it was a really boring day at work) and I keep coming back to cFox being scum.

I think he went in hard for the +1 to try and bury his team mates posts for +1. This little bit of logic is based upon him being a decent player based on what I can gleam from his main profile.

Ghug seems to always take the piss on D1 from what I can remember reading his games so I personally don't think it's him. I think the scum mate is yet to start harvesting the +1. (This is assuming scum know their team roles, has this been confirmed?)

The arguments that Jamie is town seem sound and I must say that his commentary as scum last game does indicate he is a lot more cautious and methodical as scum.

##vote CrimsonFox

There is something wrong here if you think Jamie's play in that game was cautious and methodical.

Nephthys

#380 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:41 am

As for the vig shot, I think that unless you have a solid lead (unlikely to at this stage as in my experience almost all scum seem to be townread D1) you should target either someone with a lot of links to other players, this gives us the most information. Or a low poster.

Overall this minimizes the damage to town whilst maximizing possible gain.

My current list would be
- CFox
- Ghug
- One of the Lurkers