Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#321 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Well it seems that discussion is over then...

@Ike @Worcej, you guys are around, what are your thoughts?

LordQuas

#322 Post by LordQuas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 pm

also neph, my dude, you ARE aware that damo666 has more then one post and THAT'S what I've been wolf reading him off of, his later posts

right?

Jamiet99uk

#323 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:28 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:37 pm
WebDip Mafia has developed a really shitty dynamic where anyone who participates early gets killed, and everyone who lurks lives until the end game. I'm sick of this shit. I am trying to foster participation, promote play, call out lurking, and ensure activity. What do I get? Suspicion and abuse.
well that's ironic
I believe you mean "accurate". Thanks.

Nephthys

#324 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 pm
also neph, my dude, you ARE aware that damo666 has more then one post and THAT'S what I've been wolf reading him off of, his later posts

right?
I recall that at least one person has called his entrance "Incredibly wolfy" I don't know who that was but just assumed that they were referring to his first posts.

The vote on ND seems a little odd, especially considering how quickly he shifted to voting from to Jamie to with Jamie.

Possible that damo tried to bus and then Jamie got mad so he retracted it? I'm just not sure he would be so obvious at to vote with him.

Jamiet99uk

#325 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
LordQuas wrote:

right?
I recall that at least one person has called his entrance "Incredibly wolfy" I don't know who that was but just assumed that they were referring to his first posts.

The vote on ND seems a little odd, especially considering how quickly he shifted to voting from to Jamie to with Jamie.

Possible that damo tried to bus and then Jamie got mad so he retracted it? I'm just not sure he would be so obvious at to vote with him.
I cannot be bussed, due to my alignment.

Foxcastle

#326 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 pm

I agree with ND, this seems like town Jamie. I think that means I can mute him and focus elsewhere.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#327 Post by ghug » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:42 pm

He's not mad about being voted for, per se. He's just mad.

This sounds like out at the pub for a few too many Jamie, and I don't see much town thinking outside of it.

worcej

#328 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 pm

Okay caught up, few things that stood out:
  1. D1 Jaime - Again, already said it, but this rabid/angry Jaime reminds me of the times he went balls-deep into freaking out @ Brain (both were VT) and then the recent mafia that he dropped out of (and was VT I believe). Calm/collected is the Jaime I inherently scum read. The Jaime that pockets someone is the one I inherently scum read. I don't see that this game yet. That all being said, is he trying to act like this to throw off reads? Maybe, but I don't think he is worthy of the D1 lynch right now.
  2. Vecna's Claim - Bozo's quote covered this well:
    bozotheclown wrote:
    Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:50 pm
    If you are really Persia and town, claiming it is not helpful to town. The proper play would be to try to draw the NK N1, as that is the only town use for your power. Therefore, I believe either your claim is fake or you are not town.
    I agree with this. I inherently put Vecna as a decent player, so if he was town I would expect him to bait the NK instead of now taking himself out of the pool. So why did he drop this claim out then? My theory is this: his claim was an attempt to create a town-clear for the later days (or eras I guess) in order to hide as scum. I'll respect the claim though and not push for him D1, since I assume the immunity is also for lynches (not confirmed yet) and instead will probably make him my wagon choice on D2.
  3. Xorxes' 'PR Hunt' - Am I the only one that didn't feel like he was actually PR hunting, more just putting Jaime 'on the stand'?
  4. Ezio's 'lie' - Honestly, I think this was just Ezio trolling, which seems to be a part of his game. NAI to me.
More recent thing to comment on:
LordQuas wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 pm
nepth and jamie chill the fuck out, you guys are talking in circles lmao

I don't think I want to lynch either of you today, so can we talk abt damo666 our true lynch
I'll just say this - you're witnessing a normal damo game. He doesn't contribute much in terms of post counts or quality. He usually pockets/sheeps a player, often Jaime honestly, of some sort to make up for it down the road. It's typically NAI play from him. I would definitely see damo lynched before the likes of Jaime/rdr for those reasons.

worcej

#329 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 pm
I agree with ND, this seems like town Jamie. I think that means I can mute him and focus elsewhere.
Except ND think's Jaime is scum...
ND wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 pm
Why, ND?
You are definitely putting on some kind of an act. And, it's inherently scum indicative play. So, it's that or my meta read and former vote on Squigs. If this is some kind of rxn please tell, that's the only alternative reason I can think of.

bozotheclown

#330 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:13 pm
Xorxes seems rather towny, he feels a lot for free than he did last game (as scum)

RHK posted a rather empty read list, not very impressed with that... my first reaction was he was trying to buddy me.

CFox came in hard begging for the +1's which makes me initially think scum power thief. Jamie reacts oddly to him which makes me think scumpair

Jamie, I too dislike the calling of depth-charging my post. The only reason that this would be valid is if he, like me, had some logic gaps. As he claims to have read the PMs in such detail this is poor. Scum.
I note that he didn't point out the LQ was new but did for CFox when they are pretty much the same.
Rushes to believe the Vecna claim cause he knows that Vecna is town and so is looking for some town points late in the game perhaps?
My one concern about scumreading Jamie is that he did repush the important part of my first post (No +1's in the Renaissance)

Squigs I'm not sure about, the only red flag I really get from him is the boring thing, seems like a puppeteer with no strings to pull.

Jamie and CFox seem like a very possible scumpair here

##vote Jamie for not being wholesome
That is an interesting comment on xorxes considering you were scum also, are you saying you were scum reading him last game?

worcej

#331 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Again, normal damo - he puts pressure with a vote, someone responds how he likes, so he sheeps/pockets them.

Nephthys

#332 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:47 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:13 pm
Xorxes seems rather towny, he feels a lot for free than he did last game (as scum)

RHK posted a rather empty read list, not very impressed with that... my first reaction was he was trying to buddy me.

CFox came in hard begging for the +1's which makes me initially think scum power thief. Jamie reacts oddly to him which makes me think scumpair

Jamie, I too dislike the calling of depth-charging my post. The only reason that this would be valid is if he, like me, had some logic gaps. As he claims to have read the PMs in such detail this is poor. Scum.
I note that he didn't point out the LQ was new but did for CFox when they are pretty much the same.
Rushes to believe the Vecna claim cause he knows that Vecna is town and so is looking for some town points late in the game perhaps?
My one concern about scumreading Jamie is that he did repush the important part of my first post (No +1's in the Renaissance)

Squigs I'm not sure about, the only red flag I really get from him is the boring thing, seems like a puppeteer with no strings to pull.

Jamie and CFox seem like a very possible scumpair here

##vote Jamie for not being wholesome
That is an interesting comment on xorxes considering you were scum also, are you saying you were scum reading him last game?
I knew he was scum.

I don't remember how I read him in game but I know that I paid attention to his posts to see whether he was distancing/bussing me etc

The main difference I see is that not all his posts are overtly content. Last game he seemed very content focused at least in the early game. The freedom he shows makes me feel as though he is more comfortable and therefore I see him as town.

damo666

#333 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:58 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 pm
Here are my only reads at present that are not complete nulls:

Reads to now:

bozotheclown - Slight scum: Has done nothing but ask questions about the setup. Maybe trying to look involved without giving anything up.

CrimsonFox - Odd newb but giving a "clueless new scum" vibe.

Jamiet99uk - Town.

LordQuas - Scum: Depth-charging and making false claims.

ND - Slight scum. Has been present but avoiding any contribution. Standard shady ND. Also a cultural fascist. Sad!

Nephthys - Town.

Squigs44 - Slight town but that's just instinct and vibe. Need to see more.

Vecna - Slight town but damn he's annoying.

xorxes - Scum, hunting for Town PRs, yuck.
real talk, how did damo666 not possibly make it on this list with you, he had such a wolfy entrance and you're just ignoring that. You seem to just be scum reading people who annoy you lmao

also I don't know if xorxes was hunting for PRs there, I mean he could be but it's also very possible that he wasn't. You can't necessarily tell from what he was doing there
Why do you think Damo first post was so wolfy? For me it looks just like Damo...
He's doesn't know me, does he?

damo666

#334 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:04 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 pm
ALL LIES ARE INHERENTLY SCUMMY.
TOWN HAS NO NEED TO LIE.
LIES HARM TOWN.
FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
LIAR

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#335 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 am

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:58 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:52 pm

real talk, how did damo666 not possibly make it on this list with you, he had such a wolfy entrance and you're just ignoring that. You seem to just be scum reading people who annoy you lmao

also I don't know if xorxes was hunting for PRs there, I mean he could be but it's also very possible that he wasn't. You can't necessarily tell from what he was doing there
Why do you think Damo first post was so wolfy? For me it looks just like Damo...
He's doesn't know me, does he?
No, but I do.

Could you explain why you voted Jamiet and then sheeped him?

damo666

#336 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:16 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:32 pm
Nephthys wrote:
LordQuas wrote:

right?

I cannot be bussed, due to my alignment.
Jamie claims SK

Nephthys

#337 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:23 am

@RHK care to flesh out your read list a little, do you have anything to add to it, why did you post it with such little content instead of just encouraging further discussion to allow people to make better reads?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#338 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 am

I have a wild rabbit hole appearing here.

@CrimsonFox: How does the karma thing in this game work?

I can't see jamie being scum here. If he was I've have expected a full blown meltdown at BB for the setup by now with the level of suspicion on him. (No offense Jamie, just what I think would happen)

Squigs seems really sold on his two read 5 hours in...(pot, kettle on my Jamie read I know)

Xorx is commentating the game rather than solving it, and I don't like it.

damo666

#339 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 am

OK.

For those who haven't been in a game with me before I'm always rubbish day 1 (and some would say thereafter but that's moot) because there's bugger all to go on save set up and mechanics so most posts are just bullshit. My early votes, as per usual, were joke votes and amount to nothing.

However, when I said I was confused that was genuine but I have now read all the roles and made myself a spreadsheet (which I recommend strongly) and have a better handle on what this is all about.

Now, there are far more powers than players. IS THERE ANY POWER OTHER THAN AUSTRALIA THAT WE KNOW IS NOT IN PLAY?

Jamie - you really ought to calm down, unless of course you are the SK. Oh but yes, you are, aren't you?

##VOTE JAMIE (not a joke)

PS Way to early for reads

Nephthys

#340 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:33 am

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 am
OK.

For those who haven't been in a game with me before I'm always rubbish day 1 (and some would say thereafter but that's moot) because there's bugger all to go on save set up and mechanics so most posts are just bullshit. My early votes, as per usual, were joke votes and amount to nothing.

However, when I said I was confused that was genuine but I have now read all the roles and made myself a spreadsheet (which I recommend strongly) and have a better handle on what this is all about.

Now, there are far more powers than players. IS THERE ANY POWER OTHER THAN AUSTRALIA THAT WE KNOW IS NOT IN PLAY?

Jamie - you really ought to calm down, unless of course you are the SK. Oh but yes, you are, aren't you?

##VOTE JAMIE (not a joke)

PS Way to early for reads
Oooor you could make your spreadsheet public so that we can put our time into solving...

What is your case on Jamie, other than what is already said?
Do you have any other reads?