Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#301 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:44 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:41 pm
Or else @Jamie, seeing as we are both the most active here, what do you think of
- xorxes entrance, as the other member of our little scum group last game do you agree with me that he is different here and townier.
- RHK's read list
I think Xorxes is scum. I explained this in detail and voted him but you weren't interested.

I'll need a look at RHKs reads, let me check. I apologise, I was busy responding to all the flak you morons are shooting at me.

Nephthys

#302 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:44 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Or else @Jamie, seeing as we are both the most active here, what do you think of
- xorxes entrance, as the other member of our little scum group last game do you agree with me that he is different here and townier.
- RHK's read list
I think Xorxes is scum. I explained this in detail and voted him but you weren't interested.

I'll need a look at RHKs reads, let me check. I apologise, I was busy responding to all the flak you morons are shooting at me.
WRT your case against xorxes, from what I can see it is build on his post asking whether you were comfortable with all the roles you didn't ask about.

I personally don't find this scummy for the following reasons;
- You posted the question bank 5 minutes into the game, I would say therefore that you had those questions predetermined and could easily have slipped one in about your own role.
- You only asked about 8/36 roles listed in the PM doc, I don't this provides really any information had you answered Xorxes questions.
- Its a pretty weak push at PR fishing if you ask me

Overall the rest of Xorxes play overrides this one post to me. I think that post is more likely to gauge the depth that you understand the game to, it opens up critiques like the one I posted against you when you backed up my +1 post (parts of which I still think are valid)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#303 Post by ghug » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Nepthys, I think you may have missed my question about +1 solicitors.

Jamie, you say it's scum jumping on you opportunistically. Is that just the new vote from ND? Is it all three of us?

Nephthys

#304 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:55 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:54 pm
Nepthys, I think you may have missed my question about +1 solicitors.

Jamie, you say it's scum jumping on you opportunistically. Is that just the new vote from ND? Is it all three of us?
Oops sorry, that I did, will find it now

worcej

#305 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Saturday starts are rough... In process of reading and catching up right now.

Nephthys

#306 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:22 pm
K, I'm done trolling Jamie. I really don't see anything scum indicative in Ezio's blatant reaction test, though, and Jamie tends to focus his wrath more on shit that offends him than shit that's scummy when he's scum, so my vote's staying.

Nephthys, how was Crimson "begging" for +1s, and why are you not criticizing me for begging for them myself?
Got it,

Crimson
Pg4 - posts 5 times, apart from "Hi Quas" the other four seem to me like he's trying to force jokes etc to get the +1's
Pg 5 - lots of smaller posts that add nothing to the conversation except indicating that posts are too long etc. I would have expected maybe one post to indicate that he wasn't going to read through the long posts etc and would come back to it. It just seem off to me.

Note that I called him out for the begging on this page
Pg6 - Seems like he's trying to make it seem as though its his playstyle, with a lack of meta there isn't too much to read into.

I will be the first to admit that I saw pg4 and then may have tunneled. My scumread of him was based MAINLY around the treatment of him from Jamie but the initial posts made me think that as scum he would be more driven to ensure his condition is fulfilled.

Nephthys

#307 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:06 pm

As for you, note first please that I called out Crimson very early on (Pg5)

Roughly, my logic was to give everyone one free +1 fishing post because I was seeing so many people doing it (Xorxes you and CFox were where I called it although a brief re-read indicates it may have just been you three) so I completely ignored that. The second one I then ignored as I don't think that you would actually expect people to +1 you for it. You also have more non-begging posts which makes me think that you just wanted the +1's as opposed to being conditional.

By no means is this perfect but it was the logic that I used

Jamiet99uk

#308 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:06 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:02 pm
I have two guns.
No role has two guns this phase.

I cannot mute you, but I will ignore anything you post this phase unless there's a wagon on you, in which case I will vote for it.

Do not ask me any further questions. Do not tag me in any posts. I don't care to hear from you.

Jamiet99uk

#309 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:08 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
- RHK's read list

WRT your case against xorxes, from what I can see it is build on his post asking whether you were comfortable with all the roles you didn't ask about.

- You posted the question bank 5 minutes into the game, I would say therefore that you had those questions predetermined and could easily have slipped one in about your own role.
- You only asked about 8/36 roles listed in the PM doc, I don't this provides really any information had you answered Xorxes questions.

Overall the rest of Xorxes play overrides this one post to me. I think that post is more likely to gauge the depth that you understand the game to, it opens up critiques like the one I posted against you when you backed up my +1 post (parts of which I still think are valid)
Go back and re-read. There were several posts.

Nephthys

#310 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Also something I wanna point out, Rdr and Damo both had very similar opening posts yet Rdr seems to have gotten off while damo is being targeted. The only difference is that damo looks for +1's from equally confused people

Quotes for ref
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 am
Just want to say goodnight. Pretty bad time to start the game.

Also, that role doc is really huge, can someone with more time and a computer make a short version?
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:08 am
I haven't a clue about anything not having read all the PMs. [Obviously I've read my own].

Being lazy does anyone have a shortcut or a sort of precis list?

Please.

If anybody else is as confused as I am could you +1 me?

Nephthys

#311 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:08 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I just have and am coming up blank, either I am missing something or you somewhat tunneled. Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of them? Xorxes is rather light on posts so it wouldn't take you long.

Jamiet99uk

#312 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Nephthys wrote:
- RHK's read list
I have now read DemoRHK's read list, such as it is. I have no problems with it - although it hedges its bets, so who knows. Anyone could post a read list like that, at this stage.

Nephthys

#313 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:12 pm
Nephthys wrote:
- RHK's read list
I have now read DemoRHK's read list, such as it is. I have no problems with it - although it hedges its bets, so who knows. Anyone could post a read list like that, at this stage.
That's rather my point, its very vague and doesn't really seem to contribute anything. Do you think its possible that RHK is scum and trying to blend as posting content?

Jamiet99uk

#314 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

I just have and am coming up blank, either I am missing something or you somewhat tunneled. Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of them? Xorxes is rather light on posts so it wouldn't take you long.
Given the nature of the subject matter... no. I refuse to do that. I refuse to re-open a discussion about who the town PRs are - and if you insist on doing so, I'll scum-read you for it.

Jamiet99uk

#315 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
- RHK's read list
That's rather my point, its very vague and doesn't really seem to contribute anything. Do you think its possible that RHK is scum and trying to blend as posting content?
That's certainly a possibility. I am not sure.

worcej

#316 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 pm
ALL LIES ARE INHERENTLY SCUMMY.
TOWN HAS NO NEED TO LIE.
LIES HARM TOWN.
FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
It's supposed to go 5-7-5. Here:

Some lies elicit
Reactions from other folks.
No alignment there.
ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:09 pm
Oh, apparently because Ghug eats Zultar's cum, I can't mute him. Shame.
Delicious hobbies
Are irrelevant to game
Is this your new leaf?
Still reading, but I literally just rocketed my beer reading this. I had to post a well done to ghug for those LOL!

worcej

#317 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:18 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:23 pm
Jamie really seems rabid this game. Like a rabid dog in heat. I don't know. I'm leaning more towards performance art, but could just be because he is one angry and insignificant little nutcase in real life. This is tough.
FWIW, every time I have seen Jaime in this rabid state, he has flipped town. Calm/collected Jaime is usually the sign for trouble.

Nephthys

#318 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Given the nature of the subject matter... no. I refuse to do that. I refuse to re-open a discussion about who the town PRs are - and if you insist on doing so, I'll scum-read you for it.
Allow me to clarify, by no means am I trying to bring up the discussion again.

I was just trying to figure out where you were coming from. After reading them in context there are total 5 posts, 3 from Xorx, 2 from you, Only the initial post from Xorx could be seen as PR fishing. This for me, is not enough to scumread him.

Jamiet99uk

#319 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

Allow me to clarify, by no means am I trying to bring up the discussion again.

I was just trying to figure out where you were coming from. After reading them in context there are total 5 posts, 3 from Xorx, 2 from you, Only the initial post from Xorx could be seen as PR fishing. This for me, is not enough to scumread him.
Then you did not read them very carefully.

I refuse to say any more.

LordQuas

#320 Post by LordQuas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:37 pm
WebDip Mafia has developed a really shitty dynamic where anyone who participates early gets killed, and everyone who lurks lives until the end game. I'm sick of this shit. I am trying to foster participation, promote play, call out lurking, and ensure activity. What do I get? Suspicion and abuse.
well that's ironic