Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#641 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:27 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:17 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:45 pm

Sunday would be the optimal time to push your wagon then. I'll jot that down in case I'm still here.

If there's any protective role out there consider that in a recent game Tom was the N1 kill and I was the N2 kill, so please bear that in mind.
This post is just so weird on both parts. The first part seemed like a forced joke, and the second part others have talked about already, why bring this up?

Has Xorxes actually solved anything for us yet? A lot of his posts are one or two word phrases like "buddying", "townie post", or "good observation", and his longest post is like three lines long. Xorxes usually has at least one detailed post by now where he assembles a scum team.
The burden of having the "good player" meta.
See, xorx is a solid null right now for me, and I think a lot of the scumreads are just people expecting him to be better. Is this fair xorx?

Do you feel like you're struggling more this game than average?
It isn't so much that Xorxes hasnt solved the game. It is more his posting style that bothers me. Every single post of his has been a short comment.

I think I am struggling at just about the same level as other games this early in the game. My D1, D2 has never been good.

Ezio

#642 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:32 pm

As executive town I hereby declare all townies should only vote squiggs, balki, or

Damian today unless xorxes specifically does something. Either something to confirm our read of him, or something to change the game

Balki because vecna has made a good point about him.

Damian because he's scum.

Squiggs because flum has made good points against them.

These are our town leaders and you shall sheep us!

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#643 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:41 pm
My last post should read:

The surviving non ND voters besides myself are ghug, Foxcastle, Balki, and Ezio. It is likely at least one is scum.
Did I vote ND? I don't remember voting ND. Am I mistaken?
I think he called you a "non ND voter".

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#644 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:32 pm
As executive town I hereby declare all townies should only vote squiggs, balki, or

Damian today unless xorxes specifically does something. Either something to confirm our read of him, or something to change the game

Which Flum points you think are good?

Why you think sheeping someone is a good play?

You are starting to give me bad vibes again.

Fluminator

#645 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:15 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:27 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:24 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 am
Ghug/Flum get off each other. It's a waste of time and we're not going to get any useful reactions this way.

You two need to throw shit at Squiggs and Damian.

Those two are by far the most useful flips at the moment.
This is for you.
##vote Squiggs.
OMG I love you flum <3.
When ghug turns out to be scum you can mock me for a few days at least. Depending on how this day goes I could easily see him being scum.

Why squiggs over dam?
ND (6) Fluminator, Vecna, xorxes, Squigs, damian, rdriveria
Squigs44 (4) ghug, Tom Bombadil, bozotheclown, ND
Ezio (2) Foxcastle, Balki Bartokomous (neither online at end of day anyway)
damian (1) Ezio

Red = scum read
Green = town read

I think there's a lot of sketchy unknowns who chose to jump on ND in the last minute struggle (no hating because I would have too, but statistically it's starting to look likely).
I also find it interesting that no scum jumped on Squiggs at the end there.

bozotheclown

#646 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm
##Vote ND
Willing to switch to Ezio
Ezio had 2 votes, why start a new wagon on ND?
Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 pm
##Vote ND

Sounds like a party
Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 pm

My advise would be to -not- try to meta-logic yourself into an ND read. Look at his posts for genuine "THESE WOULD ONLY EVER BE THOUGHT OF BY TOWN PLAYERS" type of posts. That is how you can get a dependable townread on the slot. Otherwise, youre just gonna get endgames by ND. When he's trying, he is one of the most convincing scum players on this website. (the very stark exception being two games ago, where he went in full-on trump lol-mode).
Voting for ND just because he would be a threat as scum?
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm sold by this reasoning
##VOTE ND
Which part of this sold you? I did not like this argument to vote for ND, it had nothing to do with this game.
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 pm
I don't like voting ND or Ezio, I'd prefer Rdrivera. But since I like the people on the ND wagon much much better than the ones on the Ezio wagon, I'll
##vote ND
Self preservation with some hedging thrown in.
damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:56 pm
Fuck. I was leaning towards Ezio. But we can't have a three way tie.

I think you're right about Squig being a better town asset and easier to read later if he's faking. Fine. ##vote ND
Why can't there be a 3 way tie with 4 minutes left? If you preferred to lynch Ezio, why not make a case earlier?
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 pm
Between ND and Squigs
##vote ND
OK by comparison.

As bad as the ND votes look, probably only one or two are scum. Probably two if Squigs is scum (Squigs and someone else).

The surviving voters besides myself are ghug, Foxcastle, Balki, and Ezio. It is likely at least one is scum.
You wrote all this to came to the conclusion that at least one scum voted ND and that it's unlikely all scum voted together?
Do you expect an answer to that question?

bozotheclown

#647 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:13 pm
I reviewed ND posts and see no reason why he would be considered a scum suspect. This post reflected my thoughts on Squigs voting for me:
ND wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:11 pm

What's to explain. He's rambling about being "hungry to solve" on page 9 then just plops his vote on the lowest guy (probably) I haven't checked with a post history. It's pretty funny.
Why did you feel it necessary to show that ND had a towny post? Does this change your read on anyone that lynched him?
It makes me question Fluminator because he is the only ND voter who seemed to scum read him.

bozotheclown

#648 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:41 pm
My last post should read:

The surviving non ND voters besides myself are ghug, Foxcastle, Balki, and Ezio. It is likely at least one is scum.
Did I vote ND? I don't remember voting ND. Am I mistaken?
Sorry for wording it poorly, this is a list of those who did not vote for ND.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#649 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Ezio wrote:

I'm not convinced on either Balki or Damian. Convince me.

bozotheclown

#650 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:13 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm
ND has so far thrown a bunch of shade, and voted Squiggs when his wagon was getting pretty big. The closer to deadline it's getting and the more likely squiggs will get lynched, the more confident he seems to be getting on his vote.

This seems like lazy scum to me.
I did not agree with Fluminator on ND, and his push for the ND wagon could have been to prevent a Squigs lynch if Squigs is scum. Since Squigs apparently is safe today for talking to a dead Tom:

##VOTE Fluminator

Before anyone brings it up, I know I am voting with ghug again and that ghug is currently the top wagon.
what? no he should t be safe for that bullshit. he should ve lunched since he hasnt done shit
If you are talking about Squigs, why aren't you voting for him?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#652 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Ezio wrote:

What was Vecna’s good point about Balki?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#653 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Do you expect an answer to that question?
No, but I expected you to make some analysis on who could be the scum on each list as otherwise you are just pointing the obvious.

worcej

#654 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Vote Count:
ghug (2) Foxcastle, xorxes
damian (2) Ezio, rdrivera2005
Squigs44 (2) Fluminator, bozotheclown
Fluminator (1) ghug
bozotheclown (1) Squigs44
Foxcastle (1) damian
Balki Bartokomous (1) Vecna

Currently NO ONE is set to be lynched.

You have ~4 hours left until EOD2.

damian

#655 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Well I’m back. Sorry, emergency ended up taking a lot more time than I had expected.

I’ve just finished catching up. Things that stand out to me. Bozo has significantly shifted his play. He’s now actively questioning things, and presenting analysis. I’m shifting a bit towards town on Bozo. But, the voice in the back of my head is asking if the change is in response to Vecna’s demand for a town-tell and the criticism of his play yesterday,

I’m not sure who died and made Ezio chief. I think stepping up and trying to lead is town aligned behaviour. But I don’t love the buddying of Flum and Ghug or the call to sheep Ghug, Vecna and Flum.

Neither Ghug nor Flum have done a lot of of exemplary scum hunting thus far. This feels especially weird because you’re struggling at the same time to get Ghug and Flum to stop voting each other.

Ezio has also called multiple times for people to throw stuff at me. But I can’t help but notice I’ve got I think one post to reply to from the entire re-read and I basically missed the last 24 hours.

damian

#656 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Bozo:

There were three viable wagons with 4 minutes to go. None of them were my preferred wagon. Which is why I was voting for you. Of the three, I felt the case on Ezio at that point was the best.

But 4 minutes is not a lot of time for people to break the tie, and it gives scum a lot of power to change the lynch. By glomming onto the second best choice, I decreased the chance of the phase ending in a tie and made it harder for scum to suddenly swing the lynch.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#657 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:35 pm

If we're not getting Flum can we get bozo or Rd or something?

damian

#658 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

I didn’t follow up on you Rdriveria because I had nothing else on you. The defensiveness was just something that stuck out to me as odd. Because it was defensiveness to an arguement I wasn’t making.

I also found it odd when Fox responded to it because the only point I was making was that you weren’t leading the Ezio wagon. You weren’t pushing a case on him and trying to pull people to him at EOD. I didn’t even characterize this as scummy. It was a defence against an arguement that I didn’t make, so thanking him for responding to it felt really odd from my perspective.

Your follow up to this on page 31 is even worse. Characterizing it as throwing shade on someone who is already scum read. It feels like an overreaction to a simple observation.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#659 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm
What was Vecna’s good point about Balki?
+1

I’d like Ezio to answer this, and explain why he thinks the point is AI.

Fluminator

#660 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:27 pm
##VOTE Squigs
choo choo! All aboard the squiggs wagon.

1. Lots of EOD analysis info if he dies + good chance he was scum protected (no scum voted for him at eod at the least)

2. Many players with more experience playing with him thought he was scum based on meta. (Including conftown Tom who I've found to have very good day 1 reads)

3. His playstyle and posting noticeably has changed after he started getting suspicion. He started casual and he seems completely stilted now.

4. Weird wifommy "asking dead Tom" that suspicious people are trying to town read him on?