MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#781 Post by foodcoats » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 pm

xorxes, this is your case against DrCJG I believe:
xorxes wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:09 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:32 pm

@Xorxes - Although there are reasons for town to avoid a position and try to blend in, I generally find hedging particularly on mechanics to be scum indicative. Town doesn't have as much information so it can be natural to be uncertain in reads... but when it comes to mechanics we are all on even footing.
Exactly, mechanics is the safest topic for scum to talk about, so how is having any opinion on mechanics, or having no strong opinion, alignment indicative? (unless it's arguing for a blatantly anti-town position, which is not what anyone is doing here).

Sorry, but I still don't follow your reasoning. It sounds like something you're making up to justify a vote.
With that in mind: Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes all posted similar gibberish regarding Bozo's propositions. They did not take aggressive negative postures like Brain/Jamie nor did they attempt to discuss it like I did. Instead, they each avoided an opinion or argument regarding it by stating they didn't think it would work because we wouldn't get everyone on board.
How exactly is that gibberish? It's pretty obvious that it's very hard to get everyone on board on those kinds of schemes.
I find this reasoning to be scummy and the fact that you choose to attack my vote on you rather than properly address his proposition with a position doesn't help your case.
Your vote and its justification is much more interesting than the mechanics question itself.
In answer to your question, the scum motivation to hedge on a mechanics question is the same reason scum ever hedge to remain flexible while blending in...
What's the benefit for scum in remaining flexible on a mechanics question? What's towny about having a strong opinion on a matter that doesn't really help or hinder town much one way or another?
While I am currently willing to vote for any of Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes, I was already getting scum vibes from you. You're posts have rarely seemed directed towards stirring the pot or forcing positions that can be helpful for solving the game, yet I think you are reading closely (then again maybe your reading comprehension is just higher than Jamie and Brain) and of the few questions you have asked there has been very little or no follow up.
Yes, I am reading as closely as time permits, and yes, my reading comprehension is obviously higher than Jamiet's at least, not that that's something to brag about (I wouldn't fault brainbomb for reading comprehension). So?

foodcoats

#782 Post by foodcoats » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:42 pm

So, if that's your case, it's not that I think it is inconsistent. It is just very abstract.

And that is my argument about you being scum. You've provided a lot of abstraction and you've posed a lot of questions. I read this as you trying to appear helpful. That is why I asked you to provide new reads, instead of rehashing something on page 11.

This, is backed up in my opinion by the interactions between you and Jaime.

foodcoats

#783 Post by foodcoats » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:43 pm

That said xorxes, I'd be interested in hearing your new analysis given CJG lurked all day.

xorxes

#784 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:55 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:42 pm
So, if that's your case, it's not that I think it is inconsistent. It is just very abstract.
That's not it, those were answers to DrCJG.

The case was much more simple and direct: He fabricated a reason to vote for me that was a non-reason: that I did not have a strong commitment to bozo's plan, and I was not very interested in dissecting it like he did.

But I'm pretty sure you did use the word "inconsistent", which is what I was curious about.

Why does it bother you so much that I quote what I'm responding to?

xorxes

#785 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:58 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:43 pm
That said xorxes, I'd be interested in hearing your new analysis given CJG lurked all day.
His lurking all day, if that's what he was doing, doesn't help his case at all.

The reason I'm less inclined to think he's scum is that he voted for me right after Jamiet. But of course scum can do that even though it's unlikely.

foodcoats

#786 Post by foodcoats » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm

I, foodcoats, am the Vigilante.

I am claiming this now because I don't want to rely on my judgment alone in how I use my shot. I considered claiming at the end of day phase (you don't know how hard it was not to troll Jaime when they claimed Vig), but I was waiting to see if certain players I suspected of being scum might respond in interesting ways to Jaime's claim and subsequent identification as scum. In addition to getting help on this one problem, I am claiming now because I want an extra phase of meaningful information generation for the town, and I believe laying out the opportunity to make cases for vig kills will do so.

This was a difficult choice because it means there is no Doctor, so the mafia can kill worcej with impunity; but there's also no one else to track, because 2 PRs are eliminated and 2 PRs are now known. I also realize how I open myself to WIFOM problems, but I think that, coupled with existing read sets, I can make a better decision overall by getting general input.

I think it's obvious that my top pick is xorxes. Aside from what else I've said, their recent interaction with me included several prods about why I am upset/bothered, which I believe was PR fishing or an attempt to paint me as a loose cannon = scum. I'm not wedded to this decision, but we are dating and there's a lot of heavy petting.

I have a second pick, and an opinion on a possible deepthreat, but I'm going to withhold those to prevent them from hedging their press and to see what other ideas surface.

At EON tomorrow I will post my complete reads and post who am I going to shoot just before it processes. In this way, I'll clear myself as town, although it does incentivize the scum to NK me to reduce the amount of town-clear - which is why I'll drop all my reads for (possible) posterity.

Note that my shot will go through even if I am NKed.

If you're town, please help me.

If I shoot town, I apologize in advance.

bozotheclown

#787 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:58 pm

One thought I had was that Jamie wanted to get off damo because all three scum were on damo. This would make Nephthys and thdfrance the other scum. Both of their reasons for voting for damo were weak, and the thdfrance vote was after Jamie, and Jamie would not have expected him to vote with the other 2 scum.

The other thought I had was that Jamie was bussing xorxes and the other scum are xorxes and thdfrance/rdrivera or xorxes and Nephthys.

bozotheclown

#788 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm

I am claiming this now because I don't want to rely on my judgment alone in how I use my shot. I considered claiming at the end of day phase (you don't know how hard it was not to troll Jaime when they claimed Vig), but I was waiting to see if certain players I suspected of being scum might respond in interesting ways to Jaime's claim and subsequent identification as scum. In addition to getting help on this one problem, I am claiming now because I want an extra phase of meaningful information generation for the town, and I believe laying out the opportunity to make cases for vig kills will do so.

This was a difficult choice because it means there is no Doctor, so the mafia can kill worcej with impunity; but there's also no one else to track, because 2 PRs are eliminated and 2 PRs are now known. I also realize how I open myself to WIFOM problems, but I think that, coupled with existing read sets, I can make a better decision overall by getting general input.

I think it's obvious that my top pick is xorxes. Aside from what else I've said, their recent interaction with me included several prods about why I am upset/bothered, which I believe was PR fishing or an attempt to paint me as a loose cannon = scum. I'm not wedded to this decision, but we are dating and there's a lot of heavy petting.

I have a second pick, and an opinion on a possible deepthreat, but I'm going to withhold those to prevent them from hedging their press and to see what other ideas surface.

At EON tomorrow I will post my complete reads and post who am I going to shoot just before it processes. In this way, I'll clear myself as town, although it does incentivize the scum to NK me to reduce the amount of town-clear - which is why I'll drop all my reads for (possible) posterity.

I recommend shooting rdrivera, it will be hard for rdrivera to explain thdfrance's voting on D1.

bozotheclown

#789 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:03 pm

@foodcoats: Although I am not opposed to shooting xorxes, I think you have some good points in your case on him.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#790 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:14 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm

I recommend shooting rdrivera, it will be hard for rdrivera to explain thdfrance's voting on D1.
If you are really shooting me, please tell me in advance so I don't need to read the first 25 pages I still didn't read (yes, I am reading backwards, is an interesting experience).

And I won't explain thd's play as I don't have an idea about what he was doing. I just know I am a VT.

xorxes

#791 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:36 pm

If you shoot me, and assuming Mafia kills worcej, then tomorrow it will be

bozo
brainbomb
DrCJG
foodcoats (Vig)
Nephthys
rdrivera

4-2 mylo. Not lynching would be pointless because the NK would then be foodcoats, so not very helpful.

I still don't have a clue who the scum are, but it's unlikely to be brainbomb, probably not bozo though I'm less sure, and of the last three if I had to guess right now I'd say Nephthys and rdrivera, but it could just as well be DrCJG.

xorxes

#792 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:43 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:58 pm
One thought I had was that Jamie wanted to get off damo because all three scum were on damo. This would make Nephthys and thdfrance the other scum. Both of their reasons for voting for damo were weak, and the thdfrance vote was after Jamie, and Jamie would not have expected him to vote with the other 2 scum.
Makes sense, but it could also be you or DrCJG that were voting for worcej, and Jamie jumped to me so as not to vote with whichever one of you was his partner.

brainbomb

#793 Post by brainbomb » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:44 pm

I humbly apologize for getting you wrong mr foodcoat

xorxes

#794 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:45 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:03 pm
@foodcoats: Although I am not opposed to shooting xorxes, I think you have some good points in your case on him.
Can you summarize the good points? Otherwise it looks like you're just encouraging him by stroking his ego.

brainbomb

#795 Post by brainbomb » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 pm

*gently pets xorxes ego*

brainbomb

#796 Post by brainbomb » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 am

dont shoot xorx. jamie wouldnt bus him today with scum winning

brainbomb

#797 Post by brainbomb » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 am

shoot DRCGJC, bozo or neph imo

brainbomb

#798 Post by brainbomb » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:12 am

also DR CGJC looks like hes never scum with xorxes.

theres a definete alignment difference in xorx, DR

Nephthys

#799 Post by Nephthys » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 am

Town; Neph, Brain, CJG, Worcej, food
Scum; Bozo, Xorxes, rdriver

Shoot a scum.

brainbomb

#800 Post by brainbomb » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:49 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 am