MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#561 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:28 pm

scum shooting ike means they were looking to avoid killing someone at risk of being doc saved in addition to a PR read. ike low balled his way into the game covertly and probably looked like a PR to them.

foodcoats is scum btw. his theory is what scum wanted ppl to assume.

we can lymch food after bozo

brainbomb

#562 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 pm

food is scum
bozo is scum
and probably tdh france or xorx but not both.

foodcoats

#563 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 pm
food is scum
bozo is scum
and probably tdh france or xorx but not both.
I'm definitely not. And if what I say is the scum line then you're saying that the scum want to make it seem that xor and brain are scum when they are not... so you believe yourself and xor are scum?

...well yes that is WIFOM...

foodcoats

#564 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:18 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:49 pm
[*] RagingIke - With so little said, it is hard to have much of a feeling... but I thought his calling out of Jamie's vote as invalid in the final minute was a towny move. I also thought his exchange with Xorxes and reasoning for voting Xorxes was sound.
I know it's circular reasoning and all, but building off my read of DrCJG as scum, I think this post is a scum set-up. CJG appears to throw off my analysis of him being totally surface-level, clears Ike just in time for dead men to tell no tales, and also continues the Xorxes train that I strongly believe scum are pushing, presumably because xorses is strong and town.

##VOTE DrCJG

foodcoats

#565 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:19 pm

...and sorry, to explain that more: it leverages Ike as a reason to lynch xorxes, but Ike can no longer engage in the debate.

foodcoats

#566 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:28 pm
foodcoats is scum btw. his theory is what scum wanted ppl to assume.

we can lymch food after bozo
Thinking on this more, brain has been saying I am scumlean for a while. Actually the main reason I had switched my feeling on brain was because I thought they were trying to make me look scum-ish in order to protect me. I'm obviously bad but my thinking was "I'm posting a bunch of good ideas, obviously I am sooooo good at Mafia, I will be night-killed for sure, and brainbomb is trying to deflect attention from how dangerous I am!" I have to go back and actually analyze everything else about brain because earlier I thought they were scum and it was more a weird, self-generated feel-good about brain that I had.

Also it's interesting that DrCJG tries to slot me as scumlean in time for brain to hammer it home. I feel like I am obviously town, no? brainbomb how am I really scum other than trying to read the nightkill as a way to influence a vote on xorxes? (Which... I... I mean I actually think that's what the mafia wants. Is to kill xorxes.)

I'm probably thinking too much about brain and possible links between mafia actors...

brainbomb

#567 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:57 pm

it sounds like youre just inventing a worldview that is mostly built around self defense

brainbomb

#568 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:23 pm

ok

##Vote foodcost

brainbomb

#569 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:28 pm

##End

ez

Nephthys

#570 Post by Nephthys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:33 am

Just read the last 5 pages or so, thoughts are,

- Food appears scummier
- I revert my townclear of CJG (was based of meta)
- Tdh is still my top scumread
- I don't understand the case on bozo (assuming it extends past the hypoclaim)
- Brain's excerpts from scum chat are my favourite thing in the world
- There still seems like a lot of filler posts from people (I want to especially mention worecj)

Nephthys

#571 Post by Nephthys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:35 am

Food hasn't really posted much recently but 4 posts to defend himself against pressure from brain 40+ hrs out from EOD looks really bad imo. Getting a little scared are we?

Nephthys

#572 Post by Nephthys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:37 am

CJG no longer TC

While cult with him in cultafia he mentioned that he often didn't post much and was meticulous about checking each post. Here he came in a with a few more shorter posts (while still having the highest WPP) that made me just feel differently about him. This has since increased further to the point I am not comfortable with the claim now.

Nephthys

#573 Post by Nephthys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:39 am

My case against tdh.
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 pm
Oh...

I would like everyone to have a closer look at thd,

Day 1 - 18 posts

10- shit posting/Inconsequential
6 - regarding mechanics, mainly the hypo.
2 - voting

The votes were as follows;
thdfrance wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:47 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:28 pm
Jamie - join me in putting pressure on worcej?
I'll join you ##VOTE worcej
thdfrance wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm
##VOTE Damo

Although I don't really have strong feelings in any direction I think that of all the arguments made the one against Damo is the best. So I'm going to park my vote here for now.
I find both of these to be rather meh and currently am scumreading tdh as a result.
I want to see him at least existent today so ##vote tdhfrance

Nephthys

#574 Post by Nephthys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:40 am

Can someone elaborate on the bozo case for me? I re-read him and am just a little confused with how he is being so strongly read.

Nephthys

#575 Post by Nephthys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:51 am

Worecj - A better filler than concrete

Day 1 - 17 posts
Night 1 - 6 posts
Day 2 - 5 posts (so far)

Day 1
5 posts - pure filler
5 posts - claiming town/that debate (essentially filler as we learnt nothing)
He provided no new thoughts, not even reposting. He literally only defended himself and put 1 post into the hypo claiming.

Night 1
If I'm being EXTREMELY lenient I can give him credit for one content post.
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:02 am
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:50 pm
I'm wondering, there's a few people who played up that day 1 is slow or random or whatever, and some people with personal life claims. From a meta perspective are these worth investigating? Do people use these excuses to scumlurk?
It's hard to say because it is understandable for people to have RL issues to be around at certain times. Like I said, D1 is usually a shit show and then from that point on, you start getting better analysis on what people are saying and doing.
Day 2 - so far
Asks a question re vig shot, asks about BLAM and talks about not wanting to lynch lurkers.

I can not, for the life of me. Find any trace of scumhunting in here and in general find this contribution to not really trying to solve anything.

Worecj - Strong scumlean

bozotheclown

#576 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:34 am

xorxes has somewhat alleviated my suspicion of him for now, and brainbomb seems more town like, so my preferred lynch pool is down to Jamie, thdfrance, and worcej.

Here are my complete reads:
town lean: DrCJG, foodcoats, Nephthys
neutral: xorxes, brainbomb
scum lean: Jamie, thdfrance, worcej

My first choice is Jamie, since he has failed to address a number of my questions.

##VOTE Jamiet99uk

Nephthys

#577 Post by Nephthys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 am

Revoting for the bot

##vote thdfrance

foodcoats

#578 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:52 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:35 am
Food hasn't really posted much recently but 4 posts to defend himself against pressure from brain 40+ hrs out from EOD looks really bad imo. Getting a little scared are we?
To be honest Neph I didn't see my posts as defence so much as extrapolating from my ideas about CJG and linking them to brainbomb as another possible scum, based on relationships I perceived in their posts. In retrospect "that person voted me so they must be scum" is never going to be enough of a reason and I didn't really read brain as scum before that, so I have to reread brain or drop it. Doesn't change my thoughts on CJG at the moment.

Also I don't think brain actually made a case about me so I don't yet think there's anything to explain or defend against.

foodcoats

#579 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:00 am

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 am
Revoting for the bot

##vote thdfrance
I was also just thinking about thdfrance. They are second on my list, but at this point I am not sure I like it anymore. Thdfrance has been mentioned a lot by a bunch of us now and hasn't appeared to defend his or her honour, and no one is defending them either. There are only 3 mafia and presumably they don't want to die so they'd fight the thdfrance vote. I'm tempted to think that thdfrance is distracted by life things and the mafia may be out there allowing us to lynch another of our own. This is especially on my mind because I felt really clear about damo and was wrong and Ike gave me scum vibes too and was also town. Silence actually seems more townlike since the mafia are fewer and have more to lose.

##VOTE thdfrance

This is to generate discussion via pressure, since the silence irks me but strategically I don't get why a scum would be so quiet.

foodcoats

#580 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:46 am

Reread day 1 and now I feel like bozo, CJG and Neph all had discussions about strategic frameworks (hypoing vs. Pure scum hunting) that were really about giving a better frame of reference for town and building more info for us. I think that changes a bit how I feel about CJG and actually gives me a read of some sort on bozo. I didn't understand it at all really at the time but it clicks now.

Although obviously scum can jump in on these as well to appear helpful. Bozo was really into the idea and that makes me lean more town for bozo.