Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#3181 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:06 pm

*snip

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3182 Post by flash2015 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:06 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:59 pm
These were his reads of me and Durga:

N4:

Durga - unimpressive [sorry]

Flash - unengaged

However, I cannot see either ND or rdr in scumteam with Flash which leaves me with a scumteam of

bo_sox Durga ND rdrivera

One of these could be substituted by deepscum ghug or both Nd & rdrrivera by flash & ghug

D5:

Durga is town.

Flash + 3 from bo/bozo/rdr/deepscum

D6:

Of the remaining 4 I scumread durga most and ghug next (having twonread him all game!). Don't know whether ND or worcej is the Third Man but I guess ND on the basis that scum worcej would have passed box to scum.

##vote durga
Bozos logic is sound. I cannot refute it. It is, however, wrong. Flash is clearly town, I am amazed ypuu all can't see it
Did you ship that last part from his vca post?
The last sentence was his response to Bozo which was a different post

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3183 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Well start driving home. Hope to be around at EOD.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3184 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Waiting on Damo to explain:
Durga is town -> If Durga is town lynch me next
Flash is top scum -> Flash is obviously town

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3185 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Guys, people pull the "lynch me later if I'm wrong" shit all the time. It's lame, but it's a projection of confidence, not a promise to submit to a lynch

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3186 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 pm

The reads changing without explanation I'll give you. Would like to see an answer there.

Durga

#3187 Post by Durga » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:22 pm
Guys, people pull the "lynch me later if I'm wrong" shit all the time. It's lame, but it's a projection of confidence, not a promise to submit to a lynch
I think another issue is, if you can learn how to read, is he called me town just before. How does his confidence build that fast?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3188 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Apparently I'm in meetings from 1 to 2:30. Let's put flash in the lead before I go.
  • Flash has avoided a bajillion lynches. This is the weakest point, and it does apply to the guy I'm defending,but in a vacuum, you're more likely to do that as scum than town.
  • flash has not at one point in this game shown evidence he's interested in catching scum. He has shown he cares about discussions of mechanics.
  • flash cast an explanationless vote D1 for thd that was key in saving RHK. It also helped save damo, as did his D2 vote for Peter, if you're into the scumdamo idea.
  • Jamie's emotionality D1 was more directed at the GMs than towards players he wanted to lynch, which is a scumjamie thing to do.
  • He's pulling out all the "lynch me I don't care" stops.
If you scumread damo, you should scumread flash for the same reasons and more. If you townread damo, you can save him by lynching the clearly scummy flash. If you don't care about damo, flash is fucking scummy all on his own and you should vote for him.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3189 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 pm
ghug wrote:
I think another issue is, if you can learn how to read, is he called me town just before. How does his confidence build that fast?
If you can learn how to read, you'll see that they're separate issues, and I only think one of them is pointless.

Durga

#3190 Post by Durga » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 pm
Durga wrote:
ghug wrote:
If you can learn how to read, you'll see that they're separate issues, and I only think one of them is pointless.
The abrupt change in reads and confidence should absolutely be linked

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3191 Post by flash2015 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 pm
Apparently I'm in meetings from 1 to 2:30. Let's put flash in the lead before I go.
  • Flash has avoided a bajillion lynches. This is the weakest point, and it does apply to the guy I'm defending,but in a vacuum, you're more likely to do that as scum than town.
  • flash has not at one point in this game shown evidence he's interested in catching scum. He has shown he cares about discussions of mechanics.
  • flash cast an explanationless vote D1 for thd that was key in saving RHK. It also helped save damo, as did his D2 vote for Peter, if you're into the scumdamo idea.
  • Jamie's emotionality D1 was more directed at the GMs than towards players he wanted to lynch, which is a scumjamie thing to do.
If you scumread damo, you should scumread flash for the same reasons and more. If you townread damo, you can save him by lynching the clearly scummy flash. If you don't care about damo, flash is fucking scummy all on his own and you should vote for him.
Here we go again. I voted the same as you on D1 and D2 (even following your suggestion on D2...and yet somehow that was scummy yet your votes were not.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3192 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:43 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 pm
ghug wrote:
Here we go again. I voted the same as you on D1 and D2 (even following your suggestion on D2...and yet somehow that was scummy yet your votes were not.
Yep.

Yours were made at crucial moments without explanation. On D2 you sheeped me despite scumreading me. I still have no idea why you scumread either of them.

Mine were explained and made much earlier in the days, and I've still (rightfully) fallen under suspicion for potentially protecting RHK.

"No you" is not a valid defense in these cases.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3193 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:49 pm

##vote flash

I still want those answers damo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3194 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Durga wrote:
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 pm
Durga wrote:

The abrupt change in reads and confidence should absolutely be linked
People are acting like there's no reason town would say that with MYLO coming.

Durga

#3195 Post by Durga » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:53 pm

I think we should be voting damo until he clearly answers

Foxcastle

#3196 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:00 pm

VOTE COUNT

flash2015 (4) — ghug, rdrivera2005, ND, Squigs44
damo666 (3) — bozotheclown, bo_sox48, Durga
Durga (3) — worcej, flash2015, damo666

End votes: flash2015

flash2015 is headed to the gallows!

1 hour remains in Day 6.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3197 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:05 pm

I was rereading damo and something he said makes me think lynching him could be a bad idea.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3198 Post by flash2015 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:43 pm
flash2015 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Yep.

Yours were made at crucial moments without explanation. On D2 you sheeped me despite scumreading me. I still have no idea why you scumread either of them.

Mine were explained and made much earlier in the days, and I've still (rightfully) fallen under suspicion for potentially protecting RHK.

"No you" is not a valid defense in these cases.
Again, both were last minute decisions, both to make sure there was no tie. There isn't much more to say. They weren't very deep votes. You gave very little reason for your votes too, ghug. If you are town, you will see how wrong you were to tunnel on me once you find out I am VT.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3199 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pm

ghug wrote:
  • Same goes for damo.
  • Same goes for damo.
  • Damo gets a pass because he had to try and not die for the first two days, which makes his votes unreadable.
  • Jamie was probably scum, but I maintain that his outburst had nothing to do with his alignment. It's more likely that he got upset over burning his morning toast than over his alignment, in my opinion.
  • Same goes for damo.
They're both going down in short order. I'm staying on damo today because I think it's very possible he's the driver.

Foxcastle

#3200 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 pm

VOTE COUNT

flash2015 (4) — ghug, rdrivera2005, ND, Squigs44
damo666 (3) — bozotheclown, bo_sox48, Durga
Durga (3) — worcej, flash2015, damo666

End votes: flash2015

flash2015 is headed to the gallows!

30 minutes remain in Day 6.