Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#2421 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:58 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:55 am
Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:26 am
Rhk being scum and visiting Squigs who is also visited by doc. Squigs being saved, observer has no idea if rhk is scum or not. Worthless situation, can be avoided by my scenario.

But honestly, do what you want PR's - just be wary of listening to Balki
Blocking a NK is a worthless situation?
Observer should definitely visit me.
RHK should claim his role just before EoN.
No. This plan is not so good. Whatever RHK claims there is a cc. NK elsewhere so observer sees nothing. You know either RHK or counter claimant scum but not which. Some info but not as good as other plan.

damo666

#2422 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:02 am

However the other plan is not foolproof.

Consider this conversation early day 5:

Player A: I observed RHK make 0 [2] visits. He is scum.
RHK: Hang on, I'm the Observer. A is scum.
Player B: Hold on a minute, I'm the Observer. Both A and RHK are scum.

We don't know who the real observer is but we do know 2/3 are scum which is better than 1/2.

You could get further I'm Spartacus type claims but this only weakens scum position so can be ignored.

damo666

#2423 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:38 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:02 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:32 am
@Damo,
@ghug,

How are you reading the game now? What have you learned?
a) That we will know RHK's alignment tomorrow.
b) There is a 6/7 chance of it being 8-4 tomorrow.
c) I have to rethink my townclears.
a) we may not, se my posts above
b) this is worst case, scum may be stupid, fingers crossed
c) to be revealed near EON

damo666

#2424 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Ok 4 in mafia chat but where is everyone else?

worcej

#2425 Post by worcej » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:33 pm

I'll most likely be mid-tattoo when night ends, so I most likely won't be here @ EON. Here are my thoughts:
  1. I am tired of hearing the 'I don't have time for this' excuse - no one is asking you to devote hours and hours into the game, just post some shit and participate. When questioned, put a little bit of effort into it. It's getting old reading that stuff over and over again :x
  2. EOD4, Why did Balki move to Ike over flash? Also, why did Durga move and then re-move?
  3. I have a scum lean on Durga now - at first I thought she was a PR just trying to stay hidden, but I've moved beyond that to thinking she is faking it more this game. Her actions so far have struck me as defensive, very uninterested in responding to any form of questioning from others, and trying to make it look like she is solving. Voting patterns seem to be sheeping instead of leading, while posting she seems to be trying to lead.
  4. I am at the point where I feel the Durga-Balki interactions are fake. It all is starting to feel forced to me. This is moving my Balki is scum meter up substantially.
  5. I have a tough time getting a lean towards town for either bozo/DrCJG based on how they have played. Just a gut feeling, fleshing it out currently with re-reads and some typical WIFOM logic.
  6. I am skeptical on the Demon claim, but leaning more towards town - it came when he was only tied for the top, not actually in the line of fire. I'd expect that claim to come later if he doesn't have anything substantial, but since he fired it when he did it must mean he has some substance to provide tonight.
For shits and giggles, scum team is looking like Durga/Balki/bozo/DrCJG, in order of how strong I feel. We'll see how things turn out tonight to move forward with votes tomorrow :)

Durga

#2426 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:44 pm

I've never seen someone more out of touch with reading a game

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2427 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:33 pm
I'll most likely be mid-tattoo when night ends, so I most likely won't be here @ EON. Here are my thoughts:
  1. I am tired of hearing the 'I don't have time for this' excuse - no one is asking you to devote hours and hours into the game, just post some shit and participate. When questioned, put a little bit of effort into it. It's getting old reading that stuff over and over again :x
  2. EOD4, Why did Balki move to Ike over flash? Also, why did Durga move and then re-move?
  3. I have a scum lean on Durga now - at first I thought she was a PR just trying to stay hidden, but I've moved beyond that to thinking she is faking it more this game. Her actions so far have struck me as defensive, very uninterested in responding to any form of questioning from others, and trying to make it look like she is solving. Voting patterns seem to be sheeping instead of leading, while posting she seems to be trying to lead.
  4. I am at the point where I feel the Durga-Balki interactions are fake. It all is starting to feel forced to me. This is moving my Balki is scum meter up substantially.
  5. I have a tough time getting a lean towards town for either bozo/DrCJG based on how they have played. Just a gut feeling, fleshing it out currently with re-reads and some typical WIFOM logic.
  6. I am skeptical on the Demon claim, but leaning more towards town - it came when he was only tied for the top, not actually in the line of fire. I'd expect that claim to come later if he doesn't have anything substantial, but since he fired it when he did it must mean he has some substance to provide tonight.
For shits and giggles, scum team is looking like Durga/Balki/bozo/DrCJG, in order of how strong I feel. We'll see how things turn out tonight to move forward with votes tomorrow :)
I townread all four of them.

worcej

#2428 Post by worcej » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:44 pm
I've never seen someone more out of touch with reading a game
There’s the Durga from last game :)

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2429 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:33 pm
I townread all four of them.
The only thing I agree a little bit is about the interaction between Durga and Balki being weird sometimes. But I don't think both can be scum together. And Bozo and Dr seems towny to me.
My top scumread is Demon at this point. I still think Flash is likely scum and in this case I think the last two are between Ghug, Balki and Bo.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2430 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:41 pm

I didn't have much time for reads, but here's what I got:

Balki Bartokomous - town
bozotheclown - null
bo_sox48 - slight scum
damo666 - I was townreading him, but now not sure
DemonRHK - I think he fake claimed / scum
DrCJG - town
Durga - lean town
ghug - scum if RHK is scum. Otherwise null
flash2015 - scum unless ghug is scum
ND - null/scum
rdrivera2005 - null/scum
worcej - prob town

If RHK actually is PR:
Lynch flash, Bo, ND, Rdrivera

If RHK is not PR:
Lynch RHK, ghug, damo, Bo

Foxcastle

#2431 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:07 pm

##GM NOTE: Less than 2 hours remain in Night 4.

damo666

#2432 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Town:

Bozo & Balki - was reading town anyway strengthened by RHK plan
worcej - his claims and his posts about me but I think his reads are mainly wrong so....
DrCJG - his gun actions seemed town
RHK - always townread and believe his claim
ghug - towny feel but my least confident

This leaves:

bo_sox who I was townraeding but can no longer justify (can't top of head remember why he was a townread)

Durga - unimpressive [sorry]

Flash - unengaged

ND - ?

rdr - ?

However, I cannot see either ND or rdr in scumteam with Flash which leaves me with a scumteam of

bo_sox Durga ND rdrivera

One of these could be substituted by deepscum ghug or both Nd & rdrrivera by flash & ghug

Squigs - I'm fairly confident we'll talk tomorrow.

PS what about my comment that BalkiBozo plan superior to Squigs'?

Durga

#2433 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm
Town:

Bozo & Balki - was reading town anyway strengthened by RHK plan
worcej - his claims and his posts about me but I think his reads are mainly wrong so....
DrCJG - his gun actions seemed town
RHK - always townread and believe his claim
ghug - towny feel but my least confident

This leaves:

bo_sox who I was townraeding but can no longer justify (can't top of head remember why he was a townread)

Durga - unimpressive [sorry]

Flash - unengaged

ND - ?

rdr - ?

However, I cannot see either ND or rdr in scumteam with Flash which leaves me with a scumteam of

bo_sox Durga ND rdrivera

One of these could be substituted by deepscum ghug or both Nd & rdrrivera by flash & ghug

Squigs - I'm fairly confident we'll talk tomorrow.

PS what about my comment that BalkiBozo plan superior to Squigs'?
a) why am I "unimpressive"
b) why does "unimpressive" here mean i'm part of the scum team?
c) what makes a person "scummy"

Nothing here shows me what your qualifies traits are, there's no support for anything other than random names thrown in - I think all the people who would still be keen to vote you actually.

So fucking dumb, comes up with a list like this and calls *me* unimpressive. I'm so over it.

Durga

#2434 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 pm

@damo why can't you see nd or rdr in a scum team with flash?

why does it mean flash is townie and not the other two?

why are you still alive?

ND

#2435 Post by ND » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Honestly, I'm like 10 pages behind and I still haven't caught up to EOD. Was super busy Friday and today. Will try to catch up soon. As such, I don't have current reads and am not much use. Thousand apologies gang!

Durga

#2436 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:32 pm

ND wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Honestly, I'm like 10 pages behind and I still haven't caught up to EOD. Was super busy Friday and today. Will try to catch up soon. As such, I don't have current reads and am not much use. Thousand apologies gang!
Are you pocketing me?

DrCJG

#2437 Post by DrCJG » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Still at the wedding...

My guess at scum team would be: Demon, Durga, Bo, Ghug.

damo666

#2438 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 pm

why are you still alive?
13-6-1-1=5

Call it A B C D E

Require 4

If AB & AC are both no go leaves BCDE.

Fucking obvious unless your thick.

Durga

#2439 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:51 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm
Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 pm

why are you still alive?
13-6-1-1=5

Call it A B C D E

Require 4

If AB & AC are both no go leaves BCDE.

Fucking obvious unless your thick.
I'm asking you why, dumbass

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2440 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Hey, busy day for me. Haven’t had time to re-read. Hoping to survive the night.

My thinking right now is that’s DemonRHK is mafia, and may be driver, as I feel like he’s had some protection on Day 1 and Day 2.

If DemonRHK is a PR, he should be able to prove it at the start of day. If he can, great. I’ll surely survive, and I can re-read.

If DemonRHK cannot prove he is Town, or if there is a CC, then I believe DemonRHK has had protection from his team on Day 1, Day 2 and Day 4.

I suspect ghug is his teammate. Ghug has been pushing counter wagons on townies all game, and I really don’t understand his reasoning on Flash or why he has refused to join the DemonRHK wagon. He also reacted to my read on him by saying I am scum after Town reading me all game. I think that’s because ghug knows DemonRHK will flips scum and his only way to survive at that point is to call me scum.

Another likely RHK teammate is Bo. His whole “I can’t be bothered” routine looks more like performance art than sincere apathy, and he has never had interest in a DemonRHK wagon.

Not sure if Durga is scum, or just confused, but she has refused to post reasons for anything all game and she has protected RHK too.

Damo is another potential partner. His Day 4 was very odd. No idea why he would not join the RHK wagon.

@Squigs, if I die, you got this. The answer, as you can explain, is Life is like chocolates and so is RHK (just in case).