Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#2161 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:20 pm
The flash wagon is built on wooden planks from the NAI tree. This is another distraction.

On Day 1, I made the mistake of following ghug, thinking that if he was town he’d have a good read and if he was scum, he would bus.

On Day 2, I tried to lynch DemonRHK, but we could not get a majority because the Peter wagon was dominating.

Now ghug wants the flash wagon, and all his reasons are NAI. Ghug is smarter than that. Let’s lynch DemonRHK and see why these NAI counter wagons keep emerging.
Okay, so humor me - why would lynching Demon contribute to ending the NAI wagons you refer to?

bozotheclown

#2162 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:27 pm

I would like to see damo lynched today, I do not know how he has no votes after D1 and D2. I think RagingIke has made some good points, especially about a possible damo/DemonRHK scum pair, so I do not think RagingIke is a good lynch, and I think DemonRHK is a reasonable lynch if we can't lynch damo. flash also looks suspicious for seeming to be only interested in defending himself. Since damo does not appear to be an option today, I think DemonRHK is the best choice of the current wagons.

##VOTE DemonRHK

damo666

#2163 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:41 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:17 pm
@Damo

Day 1 page 14
I townread the following (in no particular order):

Xorxes
thdfrance
worcej
Balki
​ R ike
rdrivera
Vecna
Szpoti
Bozo
Demon
​ Jamie
So that's a town read

Day 1 page 26
Vecna - re my demon townread. I thought his initial post (252) was towny but on a reread of his yav vote it seems a tad forced. Downgrade demon to null
Now it's null...

Day 1 page 27
I could be persuaded to switch to DemonRHK if that wagon starts to roll.
Now it's as close as you've come to giving a scum read day 1/2

Day 1 page 29
I retract my previous comment about demon. I won't be voting him.
Back to a solid enough town read to not vote for him

Day 1 page 30
Also I don't really like the wagons on Peter or DemonRHK.
Now he's a solid enough town read to try to detract from his wagon

Day 1 page 37
DemonRHK: "I don’t scumread damo. I will self-pres onto thd prior to EoD I’d i have to. But I’m sticking on Yavu at the moment to m..."
Ditto to first 2 sentences swapping 'DemonRHK' for 'damo'.
Now he's solid enough that you would consolidate on another wagon and let yourself possibly get lynched if THD doesn't take off.

Night 1 page 42
I don't think any scum came under any vote pressure at all. That's why it was so messy. Someone had to take the fall. Just happened to be thdfrance. Perhaps demonRhk and me deserved it less.
Again reading RHK town, kudos for trying to give yourself town marks too.

Day 2 page 49
Fwiw here are my updated reads, three groups: Town Town/? ?
No scumreads as such yet.
No ordrering within groups.

TOWN
Balki
Bozo
Bo
DemonRHK
​ ghug
worcej
Xorxes
Here we see RHK townread again, but later in the same post we get this
Looking at the end voters on thdfrance we know Tom was town, I'm pretty hot on Balki, ghug, worcej as town and Demon probably so which leaves Vecna, RagingIke, Flash & DrCJG probably containing at least 2 scum.

Assuming the thdfrance push was to protect another wagon this leaves DemonRHK & RagingIke as containing at least 1 scum. As I townlrean more on Demon ##Vote RagingIke
Not even sure what to make of that, "Demon is a townread, but one of him and Ike is scum" lol wot? I don't even know what to call this, but if you think one of me and RHK is scum then I wouldn't say you townread him.

So we go from town, to null, to would vote for, to wouldn't vote for, to not liking his wagon, to don't scum read, to town read with scum read /hedge attached. Seems floppy to me...
Hardly flippy floppy. I waivered for a page (can't remember if this was self pres or testing but whatever).

As for the p49 wot u don't get - I said that ASSUMING the thdfrance push was for protection then either you or Demon must be scum (or both I suppose) and that Demon was townier than thou. Of course the tdf may not have been protective just a town fuck up. And there's been a few of those.

Nowhere have I scumread demonRHK.

And for the record I strongly townlean him and think the wagon is misjudged.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2164 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Damo has been defensive and on the back foot since his wagon started after his Yavu vote on day 1. Even on a reread of his day 1, he’s not really atacking hard, accepting his fate. Scum wouldn’t do that (or shouldn’t of they’re any kind of decent). He’s been railroaded day 1 and day 2 and safe money says he will continue to be railroaded until he flips and gets the treatment that it’s his fault. Quite honestly it’s hauntingly similar to my first game we’re I swung day one over someone that hard claimed scum.

As far as Szpoti, I was taken in by his fancy use of words and how he went from ‘I know nothing therefore I no lynch’ to trying to develop reads. Not long after that comment though, he disappeared like a fart in the wind. The slot was scum and I keep my track record of reading like shit through the last like three games.

Balki’s reads have not evolved at all. He’s tunneled damo and myself to shit, it’s now day 4 and he’s tantruming like a child who’s mommy didn’t buy him a toy.

He’s had strange interactions with Ike since day 1, both the ‘no talking about the box/hey Ike let’s talk box’ and onward. To be honest, I haven’t been on the recieving end of Balki to know if him hypertunneling is in his townie nature or scum trying to push through the last few mislynches they need.

##Vote Ike. For someone that was so obsessed with the box early, he’s not made any mention of it since the chain of event regarding it went public. It also looks like he’s trying to buddy Balki to hell, pushing all the same wagons on even less cases.

Balki, if you do get your wish and finally get me lynched, please do a careful reread of Ike if you’re town, I think he’s trying to hide under your nose.

RagingIke297

#2165 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:45 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:41 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:17 pm
@Damo

Day 1 page 14
I townread the following (in no particular order):

Xorxes
thdfrance
worcej
Balki
​ R ike
rdrivera
Vecna
Szpoti
Bozo
Demon
​ Jamie
So that's a town read

Day 1 page 26
Vecna - re my demon townread. I thought his initial post (252) was towny but on a reread of his yav vote it seems a tad forced. Downgrade demon to null
Now it's null...

Day 1 page 27
I could be persuaded to switch to DemonRHK if that wagon starts to roll.
Now it's as close as you've come to giving a scum read day 1/2

Day 1 page 29
I retract my previous comment about demon. I won't be voting him.
Back to a solid enough town read to not vote for him

Day 1 page 30
Also I don't really like the wagons on Peter or DemonRHK.
Now he's a solid enough town read to try to detract from his wagon

Day 1 page 37

Ditto to first 2 sentences swapping 'DemonRHK' for 'damo'.
Now he's solid enough that you would consolidate on another wagon and let yourself possibly get lynched if THD doesn't take off.

Night 1 page 42
I don't think any scum came under any vote pressure at all. That's why it was so messy. Someone had to take the fall. Just happened to be thdfrance. Perhaps demonRhk and me deserved it less.
Again reading RHK town, kudos for trying to give yourself town marks too.

Day 2 page 49

TOWN
Balki
Bozo
Bo
DemonRHK
​ ghug
worcej
Xorxes
Here we see RHK townread again, but later in the same post we get this
Looking at the end voters on thdfrance we know Tom was town, I'm pretty hot on Balki, ghug, worcej as town and Demon probably so which leaves Vecna, RagingIke, Flash & DrCJG probably containing at least 2 scum.

Assuming the thdfrance push was to protect another wagon this leaves DemonRHK & RagingIke as containing at least 1 scum. As I townlrean more on Demon ##Vote RagingIke
Not even sure what to make of that, "Demon is a townread, but one of him and Ike is scum" lol wot? I don't even know what to call this, but if you think one of me and RHK is scum then I wouldn't say you townread him.

So we go from town, to null, to would vote for, to wouldn't vote for, to not liking his wagon, to don't scum read, to town read with scum read /hedge attached. Seems floppy to me...
Hardly flippy floppy. I waivered for a page (can't remember if this was self pres or testing but whatever).

As for the p49 wot u don't get - I said that ASSUMING the thdfrance push was for protection then either you or Demon must be scum (or both I suppose) and that Demon was townier than thou. Of course the tdf may not have been protective just a town fuck up. And there's been a few of those.

Nowhere have I scumread demonRHK.

And for the record I strongly townlean him and think the wagon is misjudged.
I don't think you've flat out scumread anyone

damo666

#2166 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Ike admits he is wrong and that I never flip/flopped.

damo666

#2167 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:50 pm

I may not have outright scumread in your terms but I did identify a scumsea which has narrowed to a pool.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2168 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Alright, let's say Balki, ghug, damo, and demon are all somehow towncleared. Who's the scumteam? Ike? Flash? Who are the others?

RagingIke297

#2169 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:53 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm
Ike admits he is wrong and that I never flip/flopped.
Not what I said and you totally did. Everybody else is seeing this right?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2170 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm not going to be here for EOD. I'm perfectly happy with either Ike or flash and I have no strong feelings about RHK. Just don't lynch our PRs.

damo666

#2171 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:51 pm
Alright, let's say Balki, ghug, damo, and demon are all somehow towncleared. Who's the scumteam? Ike? Flash? Who are the others?
Given those assumptions I would say

2 from rdrivera/Durga/ND

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2172 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:04 pm

@Ike - damo has been townreading Demon all but one page. The switch to scumreading him was justified. The switch back I didn't see a reason at the time, but in subsequent posts he explained it.

RagingIke297

#2173 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:12 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:44 pm
Damo has been defensive and on the back foot since his wagon started after his Yavu vote on day 1. Even on a reread of his day 1, he’s not really atacking hard, accepting his fate. Scum wouldn’t do that (or shouldn’t of they’re any kind of decent). He’s been railroaded day 1 and day 2 and safe money says he will continue to be railroaded until he flips and gets the treatment that it’s his fault. Quite honestly it’s hauntingly similar to my first game we’re I swung day one over someone that hard claimed scum.

As far as Szpoti, I was taken in by his fancy use of words and how he went from ‘I know nothing therefore I no lynch’ to trying to develop reads. Not long after that comment though, he disappeared like a fart in the wind. The slot was scum and I keep my track record of reading like shit through the last like three games.

Balki’s reads have not evolved at all. He’s tunneled damo and myself to shit, it’s now day 4 and he’s tantruming like a child who’s mommy didn’t buy him a toy.

He’s had strange interactions with Ike since day 1, both the ‘no talking about the box/hey Ike let’s talk box’ and onward. To be honest, I haven’t been on the recieving end of Balki to know if him hypertunneling is in his townie nature or scum trying to push through the last few mislynches they need.

##Vote Ike. For someone that was so obsessed with the box early, he’s not made any mention of it since the chain of event regarding it went public. It also looks like he’s trying to buddy Balki to hell, pushing all the same wagons on even less cases.

Balki, if you do get your wish and finally get me lynched, please do a careful reread of Ike if you’re town, I think he’s trying to hide under your nose.
Defends Damo

Sheep's Damo, 100% predictable

Why would I talk about the box? The chain of events has been made apparent, what else can I say? Give me the box?

If you want to take me pushing my scum reads as buddying I can't stop you

RagingIke297

#2174 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:04 pm
@Ike - damo has been townreading Demon all but one page. The switch to scumreading him was justified. The switch back I didn't see a reason at the time, but in subsequent posts he explained it.
What is this then?
damo666 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:26 pm

TOWN
Balki
Bozo
Bo
DemonRHK
ghug
worcej
Xorxes

Town/?

Durga
Flash
ND
Peter
RagingIke
rdrivera
Yav

?

DrCJG
Squigs
Szpoti
Vecna

Clearly at least 1 of the Town/? is scum (assuming my Town are town).

Looking at the end voters on thdfrance we know Tom was town, I'm pretty hot on Balki, ghug, worcej as town and Demon probably so which leaves Vecna, RagingIke, Flash & DrCJG probably containing at least 2 scum.

Assuming the thdfrance push was to protect another wagon this leaves DemonRHK & RagingIke as containing at least 1 scum. As I townlrean more on Demon

##Vote RagingIke

I would also be happy to vote Flash, Vecna or DrCJG if Ike does not become a viable wagon.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2175 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 pm

@Bo, please vote DemonRHK.

damo666

#2177 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 pm
Balki shut up. DemonRHK is town.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2178 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:18 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:04 pm
What is this then?
damo666 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:26 pm

TOWN
Balki
Bozo
Bo
DemonRHK
ghug
worcej
Xorxes

Town/?

Durga
Flash
ND
Peter
RagingIke
rdrivera
Yav

?

DrCJG
Squigs
Szpoti
Vecna

Clearly at least 1 of the Town/? is scum (assuming my Town are town).

Looking at the end voters on thdfrance we know Tom was town, I'm pretty hot on Balki, ghug, worcej as town and Demon probably so which leaves Vecna, RagingIke, Flash & DrCJG probably containing at least 2 scum.

Assuming the thdfrance push was to protect another wagon this leaves DemonRHK & RagingIke as containing at least 1 scum. As I townlrean more on Demon

##Vote RagingIke

I would also be happy to vote Flash, Vecna or DrCJG if Ike does not become a viable wagon.
He put Demon as town and at the bottom again says Demon is probably town. What am I looking for?

RagingIke297

#2179 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:18 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:17 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 pm
Balki shut up. DemonRHK is town.
So according to your post a few posts ago, I MUST be scum right?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2180 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:19 pm

I don’t want us to uncover a PR, and I need us to flip a guy who I suspect has been protected on Day 1 and Day 2. Please vote DemonRHK.

If you are the cerebral type, and you need better reasons than that, read my ISO, and search “DemonRHK” and you will see plenty of literature on why DemonRHK is likely scum.

But this Flash wagon is highly suspect to me. I see no alignment indicative arguments. And ghug is smarter than that as town.