Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#601 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Seems I've become a wagon, and ghug and Durga aren't on it, which is a little scary since I know they are probably more than willing to be. What I'm seeing as the case against me is I didn' t answer Worcej "properly", I'm sheeping Tom, and I'm coming up with discussion points about the box, anything I'm missing? The Worcej thing I can see as a reason to scum read me, but sheeping Tom with hours to go and coming up with points to talk about for the box seem like pretty weak reasons

yavuzovic

#602 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm

##Call Gm
Is Jamie allowed to write here until his place is filled?

And damo.yes you're right. I actually thought Jamie is just joking about leaving but I see he really wanted to leave. I'm not sure, I still think he is scum.
Also you're right at the point we can't take the risk of 2 towns loss. Another reason for voting Jamie.

damo666

#603 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Yav - Fox clearly said Jamie is no longer in the game. He therefore won't be posting any further.

Foxcastle

#604 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:22 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm
##Call Gm
Is Jamie allowed to write here until his place is filled?
##GM NOTE: No, Jamie is not in the game. I hope to have a replacement soon, further updates as events warrant.

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#605 Post by Szpoti » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:26 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm
##Call Gm

Also you're right at the point we can't take the risk of 2 towns loss. Another reason for voting Jamie.
This is only valid on the assumption that we will not get any replacement, and that the role played by Jamie will get modkilled.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#606 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:27 pm

I don't like DemonRHK so far. 5 posts with one being a GM clarification. 2 votes. His first vote was an opportunistic vote on yav for his 'scum slip'. His second vote is here:
DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm
thd though.

thd pulls an OJ Simpson 'I've never been scum, but if I was, this is what I'd do', and has tried to sell a (to me) pretty obvtown xorx as a lynch twice. I don;t like it at all.

##Vote thdfrance
Here is thdfrance's post that DemonRHK is voting him for:
thdfrance wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:31 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:22 pm
I found damos admission that he didn’t really have any scumreads as a pretty town thing to say.
I've never played as scum so take this with a grain of salt, but I think about what I would do if I were scum and that is try to avoid taking big stands and leading the charge against players early on. We as the town have very little information to go on, so it is beneficial for scum to jump onto wagons without providing evidence.

He must have SOME opinions of his own, and I think that by just jumping on the wagon he isn't doing anything productive or controversial...which is what I think scum would do.
The whole "this is what scum would do in this situation" thing is very common on Webdip. Lots of people use this thinking, and almost everyone that uses it gets called out for it, but it really isn't correlated with being scum. Demon is grasping at reasons to vote anyone.

Also about Demon's comment on thd pushing a Xorxes obvtown:
Xorxes has not been obvtown this game. thd gives reasoning behind his votes, and freely admits that they are based more off of his feelings of Xorxes' interactions with others.

Both of Demon's votes look forced to me, and he has posted very little else in content.

##Vote DemonRHK

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#607 Post by Szpoti » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:27 pm

##CALL GM Is there a deadline to which replacement is possible, and after which only modkill will follow?

thdfrance

#608 Post by thdfrance » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Can we all agree that lynching Jamie this turn is a bad idea? It's worse than just lynching someone who is lurking.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#609 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:30 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:13 pm
Seems I've become a wagon, and ghug and Durga aren't on it, which is a little scary since I know they are probably more than willing to be. What I'm seeing as the case against me is I didn' t answer Worcej "properly", I'm sheeping Tom, and I'm coming up with discussion points about the box, anything I'm missing? The Worcej thing I can see as a reason to scum read me, but sheeping Tom with hours to go and coming up with points to talk about for the box seem like pretty weak reasons
+1

I’m sorry, there is so much nothingness to wade through in this thread and some of the Ike stuff sounded like you needed some knowledge of past games to understand. Can Ike pushers give me three bullet points (I’ll settle for one good one) on Ike?

Foxcastle

#610 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Szpoti wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:27 pm
##CALL GM Is there a deadline to which replacement is possible, and after which only modkill will follow?
##GM NOTE: I do not expect to have to modkill that slot, so at this time there is no deadline. If that changes, there will be an announcement before the end of phase today.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#611 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:10 pm
Even if he is VT it is better than a mislynch of a town PR and he may well be modkilled anyway. We hardly want to lose 2 town.
This is incorrect thinking. As town, we need as much info as possible. Voting for someone already getting modkilled is the equivalent of voting no-lynch. It has the exact same outcome.

I agree we hardly want to lose 2 town, but if Jamie is town and gets modkilled there is nothing we can do to save that slot. A vote on Jamie in that case means we guarantee that we don't hit scum D1, we gain little to no info, scum gets a NK, and we start D2 down 2 town.

Any argument against a No-Lynch can be applied to voting for a modkilled person.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#612 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:36 pm

thdfrance wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:20 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:18 pm
Also, if you find it scummy as all hell, why aren’t you voting for damo?
I had a bit of a scum lean on Ike based on the posts earlier in the day and I wanted to move my vote over to him...but you make a good point, perhaps I should move my vote over to damo.

I'm impressed...this is a creative way to come to the aid of your scum teammate tom
Barf

Vecna

#613 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Im not too hot on the ike and damo wagon right now.

I had no feelings on the peter wagon but im not sure how much i liked hia response to it.

Not a fan of tom bombadils contributions

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#614 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:39 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:39 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I found damos admission that he didn’t really have any scumreads as a pretty town thing to say.
Why? I don't really get your logic here.
Nah Tom has a point here.

Vecna

#615 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Id like some stances from balki on where hes standing with reads on people. lotsa asling questions, no visible processibg of said information with the exception being the squigs bit.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#616 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Squigs, it's not so much what he said as how he said it.
thdfrance wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:31 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I've never played as scum so take this with a grain of salt, but I think about what I would do if I were scum and that is try to avoid taking big stands and leading the charge against players early on. We as the town have very little information to go on, so it is beneficial for scum to jump onto wagons without providing evidence.

He must have SOME opinions of his own, and I think that by just jumping on the wagon he isn't doing anything productive or controversial...which is what I think scum would do.
This is useless information. This serves no purpose but to try to distance himself from a scum position. The entire post he tries too hard to reinforce at every point that he's not scum.

And xorx is completely obvtown. He made six votes during the opening, and has been playing loose. He's not forcing his logic. Scum xorx is way more careful in his steps than I've seen this game.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#617 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:49 pm

As the original pusher of the Ike thing, I call everyone to get off of it. He would have been more uncomfortable about getting caught in some slimy shit if he had actually been attempting sliminess.

Damo also seems more authentic this morning. I liked Tom's comment about him.

Thd reads super inauthentic in a way I don't remember from him. ##VOTE thd

I was gonna vote Jamie, but he's gone again. Good on Fox.

I'm still concerned about the wagon itself, because it formed entirely before this, but Peter's shitty reads post is very concerning.

thdfrance

#618 Post by thdfrance » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:36 pm
thdfrance wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:20 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:18 pm
Also, if you find it scummy as all hell, why aren’t you voting for damo?
I had a bit of a scum lean on Ike based on the posts earlier in the day and I wanted to move my vote over to him...but you make a good point, perhaps I should move my vote over to damo.

I'm impressed...this is a creative way to come to the aid of your scum teammate tom
Barf
:sick: :sick: :sick:

damo666

#619 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:10 pm
Even if he is VT it is better than a mislynch of a town PR and he may well be modkilled anyway. We hardly want to lose 2 town.
This is incorrect thinking. As town, we need as much info as possible. Voting for someone already getting modkilled is the equivalent of voting no-lynch. It has the exact same outcome.

I agree we hardly want to lose 2 town, but if Jamie is town and gets modkilled there is nothing we can do to save that slot. A vote on Jamie in that case means we guarantee that we don't hit scum D1, we gain little to no info, scum gets a NK, and we start D2 down 2 town.

Any argument against a No-Lynch can be applied to voting for a modkilled person.
Jamie might be goon though.

Durga

#620 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:13 pm
I said you were bad at this. Not that you were scummy.