Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#281 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:05 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:59 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:34 pm
@Bo_Sox48:

The game has started. Are you playing?
I was going to, but since the first thing I saw the first time I opened this thread was the dumbest, most annoying question ever, nah.
Why was Xorxes' question dumb and annoying?
Is this a joke or is it somehow not clear that I'm referring to Jamie's question?

damo666

#282 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 pm

The first question in the thread is from Xorxes asking Jamie if he was Athenian or Spartan.

I realised you were refering to Jamies daft question and taking the piss. I was taking the piss a bit further. Not important.

yavuzovic

#283 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Szpoti wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:10 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:03 pm
yavu had a slip in one of his posts (talking about we in reference to scum), and for that I'm on a ##Vote Yavu.
It could've been an inclusive pronoun 'we' equal to impersonal 'one'. But we cannot exclude a subconscious visit of Dr Freud.
And when I say 'we', I really mean 'I'.
When I say 'we', it includes all humans and some artificial intelligences. You understand what I mean. Rhk is trying to make a case on me because he needs reasons to accuse people.
##vote RHK

Durga

#284 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Are you guys really calling what yavu said a slip. He's ESL ffs. His English has improved so much over the games but it is clearly still not perfect. That is not a slip.

yavuzovic

#285 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:31 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:39 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:21 pm
Ah, I see it. On page 9.

@DemonRHK, Can you provide some analysis on the "scumslip" that is drawing your vote? Describe what you think happened please and explain why it is more likely than the explanation Yavu gave.
Talking about town as a we is fine. But this is specifically after referencing scum as 'scum is OP'. The statement turns into "Consensus says scum is strong, Balki says scum aren't strong. We try to make scum look weak"

It's worded as such that it seems Yavu is strong trying to make himself weak, as if scum, and maybe linking himself to Balki (As in he knows he and Balki are teammates, the collective we including him even?)
😡 Why can't you just understand what I mean. I was talking about people's psychologic behaviours and we means we people!

ND

#286 Post by ND » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:30 pm
Are you guys really calling what yavu said a slip. He's ESL ffs. His English has improved so much over the games but it is clearly still not perfect. That is not a slip.
And bingo was his nameo

ND

#287 Post by ND » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 pm

I think damo might be scum. When I was scum last game I legit fear killed him because he was on fire with his play. His reads this game are indicative of low effort and bs. His vote on yav is a pile on it vote. His play is scum play. ##vote damo

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#288 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:22 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 pm
I think damo might be scum. When I was scum last game I legit fear killed him because he was on fire with his play. His reads this game are indicative of low effort and bs. His vote on yav is a pile on it vote. His play is scum play. [][]vote damo
Can you flesh out your thoughts about his play this game more?

I understand that you are holding him to a high standard, but...nothing has really happened in this game yet. It strikes me as early to draw conclusions based on a general lack of productivity.

DId he come out of the gates firing last game in the first 20 hours? Have you ruled out the possibility that he just hasn't found any inspiration or time yet in the first part of this game?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#289 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:31 pm

ND wrote:
I think damo might be scum. When I was scum last game I legit fear killed him because he was on fire with his play. His reads this game are indicative of low effort and bs. His vote on yav is a pile on it vote. His play is scum play. ##vote damo
This post from ND strikes me as suspicious based on what I've uderlined. It is written in a way that seems more focused on justifying why ND would think damo is scum, than why damo is actually scum. I would expect Town ND to say something more like "When I played with damo last game, he was very active and his reads were right on...." Instead, this is written more like "There are justifiable reasons for ND in particular to hold damo to a high standard and think he is scum if he does not meet this standard."

This is not definitive, but sharing my reaction anyway. Interested in anyone's thoughts on this.

yavuzovic

#290 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:36 pm

For some work, I will leave you early today.
I feel like I agree with Balki, ND is suspicious since the game started. I'll stay on RHK though. He is forcing himself to find someone he can scumread me.

Jamiet99uk

#291 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:39 pm

@Balki: I think that ND is scum also.

Durga

#292 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Are you guys real? He's day and night from the last game. Explain the difference between his scum game there and why he's scum here.

It actually makes no sense. ND is exhibiting a thought process here (albeit flawed), there was no such thing done when he was scum.

I think ND and Vecna are town. I think Jamiet is opportunistic but he's also just bad. I think yavuz is likely town.

RHK is sus because of his push on yav which is just really shady.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#293 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Sorry, I haven’t read the last game. Though, if somebody draws scum back-to-back, I would certainly expect them to try to change their behavior significantly.

Can you describe the differences for someone who has not read the last game, and explain why you are ruling out purposefully changing behavior as an explanation?

Durga

#294 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Sorry, I haven’t read the last game. Though, if somebody draws scum back-to-back, I would certainly expect them to try to change their behavior significantly.

Can you describe the differences for someone who has not read the last game, and explain why you are ruling out purposefully changing behavior as an explanation?
Absolutely, and I would agree with you if it was a normal person changing their behaviour - but ND last game was just Trump. He had 0 capacity to make a realistic case on anyone, make a coherent thought, and he just simply repeated himself CONSTANTLY. I think he just did not know how to convey himself. It was something I do not think you can change that easily. And given he's actually thinking about things to some extent, I'd be willing to classify him as town until I see otherwise. Nothing about what he has said yet has even been remotely scummy.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#295 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:04 pm

I basically agreed that nothing about him looked suspicious until he made the post justifying his read in terms of his prior fearkill. Do you have any reaction to that post? Way off base?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#296 Post by peterlund » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:05 pm

ND wrote:
Werid cause a kudos is like an attaboy how is that not answering his question? You are like at Jamie level nitpicking as well hmm
My guess is that you ND never has attended any class and tried to learn any foreign language, so I give that to you that you have not any fair chance to understand Yav's problems taking part in this game conducted in a for him foreign language. Myself I have attended classes for 4 different foreign languages, so I claim that I understand quite well the struggle Yav must go through to take part in this game.

AND I ADMIRE YAV 100% FOR THIS!!

(and he is learning a lot in the process as well)

Durga

#297 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:04 pm
I basically agreed that nothing about him looked suspicious until he made the post justifying his read in terms of his prior fearkill. Do you have any reaction to that post? Way off base?
I think it is wrong but it is really more reasoning than scum!ND is able to provide. That is my impression. I also don't really see value in the semantics issue you pointed out.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#298 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:17 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I think it is wrong but it is really more reasoning than scum!ND is able to provide. That is my impression. I also don't really see value in the semantics issue you pointed out.
I think the semantics are important, but I also think ND is capable of thinking exactly this way as either town or scum and his overall behavior seems towny.

I don't like the Yav push, as a non-native speaker too I didn't even noticed it and one of Demon or Damo could be scum. Or even Jamiet that pointed it and didn't vote.
##vote Demon for now as Damo is already under some pressure.

yavuzovic

#299 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 pm

peterlund wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:05 pm
ND wrote:
Werid cause a kudos is like an attaboy how is that not answering his question? You are like at Jamie level nitpicking as well hmm
My guess is that you ND never has attended any class and tried to learn any foreign language, so I give that to you that you have not any fair chance to understand Yav's problems taking part in this game conducted in a for him foreign language. Myself I have attended classes for 4 different foreign languages, so I claim that I understand quite well the struggle Yav must go through to take part in this game.

AND I ADMIRE YAV 100% FOR THIS!!

(and he is learning a lot in the process as well)
Please stop repeating this. I feel like a dog learned sitting.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#300 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:17 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
The issue I pointed out was only about semantics in the sense that it involves words.

My point about ND is about his focus, and what it might tell us about his intention.Here is his post again:
ND wrote:
ND is telling us he thinks damo is scum, and to justify that he says that ND fearkilled damo last game because ND held damo's town play in such high regard. It seems to me that ND's focus here is on explaining just how high ND's standard is for damo's play. That focus suggests that ND is concerned about the perception about ND's personal justification more than he is concerned about convincing people that damo is scum.

That kind of focus is something I expect more from scum than town, especially at the outset when someone is first providing a read and has not yet come under any fire for it.

The dichotomy that you are talking about between an unintelligible Scum ND and a normal Town ND is so stark. Is it really that easy to read ND? So long as he is intelligible, and he is actually voicing coherent arguments, he is town? That seems too easy.