Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JustAGuyNamedWill

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3121 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:16 am

Its a metaphor for life guys trust

DrFidelis

#3122 Post by DrFidelis » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 am

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:56 pm
DrFidelis wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:53 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:52 pm
Time to start interrogating people:
*walks into the interrogation room. DrFidelis is hanging upside down from one ankle and is barely conscious.*
Where do you know jamiet from?
*spits out a bloody tooth* He put out a poster advertising homes in this town at a coffee shop I frequent...
*the question was serious*
Serious answer, I either only knew Jamiet through this or MAYBE some other thread or game we were in.
"I cannot think, I cannot fight. With patience, I will find my way."

(hmu if you ever need to find a willing person to be the next 20 questions QM)

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3123 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:57 am

DrFidelis wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 am
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:56 pm
DrFidelis wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:53 pm

*spits out a bloody tooth* He put out a poster advertising homes in this town at a coffee shop I frequent...
*the question was serious*
Serious answer, I either only knew Jamiet through this or MAYBE some other thread or game we were in.
Which would be...?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3124 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:17 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:49 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:13 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:59 pm
DrF, I know it's a lot to read, but I feel strongly that you're town and we're going to need you to convince a couple more people of that. Can you try to give some assessments of players based on what you have read?
Convince me! Why do you think DrF is Town?
1. Something pinged me sometime before I made my read list N1. I largely did that as an organizational exercise because I struggle to keep track of everything in games this large, and sure enough I've since forgotten, but I trust myself. I understand that this is not going to compel anyone and will probably try to find the reason at some point in the near future.
2. Copied shamelessly from a previous post "I don't see scum talking in the game thread the first few hours of the night and then forgetting the game entirely for two days." There's a temporality to when he disappeared that doesn't line up with when scum would divest from the game. Night is exciting for scum. You get to talk to your team. And he would have had time to talk to his team some and then disappeared shortly thereafter?
3. The wagon was sketch as fuck. Everyone just took sweet's post at face value without even digging at all, and I was the only person defending him. Someone was being opportunistic there, and nobody was on his side.
I find this post fairly persuasive. You convinced me!

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3125 Post by Chaqa » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:31 am

We may be giving lurkers too much leeway

Why didnt we kill rdr or ND again?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#3126 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:02 am

ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:59 pm
DrF, I know it's a lot to read, but I feel strongly that you're town and we're going to need you to convince a couple more people of that. Can you try to give some assessments of players based on what you have read?
1. Something pinged me sometime before I made my read list N1. I largely did that as an organizational exercise because I struggle to keep track of everything in games this large, and sure enough I've since forgotten, but I trust myself. I understand that this is not going to compel anyone and will probably try to find the reason at some point in the near future.
2. Copied shamelessly from a previous post "I don't see scum talking in the game thread the first few hours of the night and then forgetting the game entirely for two days." There's a temporality to when he disappeared that doesn't line up with when scum would divest from the game. Night is exciting for scum. You get to talk to your team. And he would have had time to talk to his team some and then disappeared shortly thereafter?
3. The wagon was sketch as fuck. Everyone just took sweet's post at face value without even digging at all, and I was the only person defending him. Someone was being opportunistic there, and nobody was on his side.
IMG_0714.jpeg

brainbomb

#3127 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:17 am

Day 1 4 hours to go
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:15 pm
++VOTE COUNT 1.7++
sweetandcool (7) - Balki Bartokomous, ghug, damo666, Diplomacy&Warfare, brainbomb, Vecna, kingofthepirates
damo666 (5) - foodcoats, rdrivera2005, Chaqa, DrFidelis, worcej
ghug (2) - sweetandcool(end), snowy801
JustAGuyNamedWill (1) - dargorygel
DrFidelis (1) - ND
Balki Bartokomous (1) - JustAGuyNamedWill
No‑Kill (1) - Kakarroto

Now SWEETANDCOOL is set to be exiled to the Cursed Earth.

Hamilton Brian has not voted.

4hrs 44mins remain in Day One.
Reasoning given by each sweet voter will be published next with notes

brainbomb

#3128 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:25 am

balki
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 am
I'm suspicious of all this because it looks to me, @sweet, that you felt like you didn't have a good read on me, then you started making some posts about my mechanical discussion that sort of assumed I was Angel, and finally when your "let's not try to chop Angel" thesis was debunked, you retreated to "okay I'm cool with a Balki chop."

That is a super strange progression because your discussion about why I might be Angel came only from a "Balki is unlikely to be Judge" place, which would have likely caused a more genuine progression to think "Oh, Balki is making things hard for the Judges so he is more likely than random to be Town."

Doesn't seem real. And especially because you seemed perturbed by me asking you to explain why you suspected I was an angel, and refused to do it when I asked you at first, just seemed like you didn't have that at all clear in your head, because the whole thing was pretend.

So, I'm feeling like Sweet is more likely than random to be Scum, as his scumhunt appears to be something he is pretending.
Balki suggests that sweet is scum because sweets scumhunting looks like pretending. I find it hard to imagine balki would think sweet was faking; but never even try to look at sweets other reads, like dr fid today. Balki seems to have been fairly lazy in this

brainbomb

#3129 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:28 am

Ghug
ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:21 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm
sweet is not the best at playing as scum. and what I saw looked like defeated frustrated sweet caving in on himself as per usual as mafia. last night he did a 180 on almost every read he had, he kept talking about exclusively needing to find judges and yet spent all his time focusing on balki being an angel. when asked about his take on non posters he claimed to agree with everything I said, and the things I said were all if/then questions so there is no possible way he really read my posts. He also clearly didnt really read my case on damo, and had already decided damo was town before ever even bothering.

most likely sweet is mafia, and doesnt like the setup, was hoping somehow that he could try to townside and it failed.

So nobody thinks this looks like Mafia? This is not the brainbomb I know, spewing false narratives left and right. brain omb is definitely Mafia I have no doubts whatsoever.
This displays a scumtell I identified in myself at one point.

I will not be answering questions.

This is the only mention day 1 of scumreading ghug.

brainbomb

#3130 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:29 am

Scumreading sweet by ghug*

brainbomb

#3131 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:31 am

Damo is the counterwagon so I will skip him. He states “I had no choice”

brainbomb

#3132 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:37 am

Dip and War
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:54 am
So, evidence against sweet:
  • He voted Balki because Balki was anti-judge
  • He are single-voting Ghug
  • He is non-confrontational, changing his vote 8 times
  • He compared himself to Will, who is being mildly scummy
Did I miss anything?
##VOTE SWEET

Dip is new and thinks these conjectures are a form of evidence. Lionel Hutz thinks these are good enough reasons to kill sweet however today this evidence changes.

brainbomb

#3133 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:41 am

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:17 pm
So, here's the thing.
I have a strong scumread on DrF and a weak scumread on sweet. However, damo and brain are voting DrF, and I don't trust either of them - damo has been suspicious all game and brain made a really scummy post N1 "scum pls kill these people". On the other hand, Balki, kotp and worcej are all riding the sweet wagon, and I townread all three.
(chaqa, food, and rdr are all nulls)
Ima go analyze DrF and sweet's posts from D1 and when I get back I will vote.
Also, people voting for ND, Balki, and Will should probably move their votes. The MMA only gets a kill if they have at least one vote, so ideally we should to clean up low-vote wagons.

Midway into day 2, dip still has a slight scumread on sweet.
I think this makes dip seem pretty good but I see no reason why sweet became a lesser scumread from day 1

brainbomb

#3134 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:48 am

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:26 pm
DrF came DrFidelis has been spending significant amounts of time on the forum (by "Users Browsing this forum") but has posted minimally. They also said that they "forgot" to read, which is interesting given the, y'know, large amount of time spent on the forum. This constitutes a small scumread, but probably not enough to vote them out. After re-reading all of their 13 posts this whole game, I have a weak scumread on them. Sweet is mildly scummy as well, but has been helpful so I hesitate to vote them, as a miskill on sweet would remove one of our best players.

The more I read Balki's posts, though, the more scummy they seem. Balki made the hypo scan plan at the beginning, but it hasn't gone that well. Also, Balki has posted about 200 times but hasn't done much other than wagoning sweet and making and arguing about the hypo plan. Balki is still not a good wagon but better than DrF or Sweet.
##VOTE BALKI
Dip is not willing to find enough reasons to say sweet is town, but he is willing to make more wagons to compete with two people he already scumreads

He thinks fid is scum
Balki is scum
And sweet is scum

This seems to be unecessary activity he shouldnt feel like he needs to do if any of these reads are real

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3135 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:58 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:02 am
ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

IMG_0714.jpeg
You weren't voting him but I didn't get as much of an active defense vibe.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3136 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:28 am
Ghug
ghug wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 pm

So nobody thinks this looks like Mafia? This is not the brainbomb I know, spewing false narratives left and right. brain omb is definitely Mafia I have no doubts whatsoever.

This is not true day 1 and it doesn't even consider day 2?

brainbomb

#3137 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 am

Vecna
Vecna wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:20 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:16 pm
Hi Vecna,

Solve before EOD please.

Hint: I'm town, sweet is scum.
okay, cool

##vote sweetandcool

Vecna hops into game and just joins as damo requests.
Later says sweet was chainsawwing me in a fairly ridiculous tone.
Ends day on damo.

Vecna changes a lot day 2 and promotes many other wagon ideas than sweet. Vecna seems town and not connected to the people who displayed scummier statements vs sweet

He tries to claim my fight with sweet is a marker for scum theater and tries wagons on ND, chaqa, and drfid

I dont think vecna can be scum there as it seems to be more just a towny off livin off the land

brainbomb

#3138 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:00 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 am
brainbomb wrote:
Ghug
ghug wrote:

Ill get to day 2 on you eventually old sport

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3139 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:03 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:00 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 am
brainbomb wrote:
Ghug

Ill get to day 2 on you eventually old sport
Ok but will you fix day one?

brainbomb

#3140 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:08 am

Pirates
kingofthepirates wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:00 pm
Quick question: what is VT?

As for damo vs sweet, I feel like damo is motivated more by lack of participation than actual evidence. I lean towards the sweet wagon because of this, also since sweet is the one who began the accusations against first posters. While I can see the logic, I feel the argument is pretty flimsy overall; there are any number of reasons one could be posting early, such as checking at just the right time (by chance), or noticing the incorrect time. Granted, being in early chat ready to snipe could be a reason, but is certainly not the only one.

Just my thoughts, please discuss.
Justification for voting sweet here is mostly just going with the consensus and he didnt like sweets arguments about scum being all early posters. This could be mafia afraid of sweet identifying his scum partners who posted early: balki, ghug and will. And wanting to save one of them from future sweet inquiry