Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#2761 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:35 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:10 pm
I'm not able to play for the rest of the day due to reasons
I will almost certainly show up at eod to vote though
maybe it's time to flash wagon snowy? :razz:

Kakarroto

#2762 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:36 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:17 pm
So, here's the thing.
I have a strong scumread on DrF and a weak scumread on sweet. However, damo and brain are voting DrF, and I don't trust either of them - damo has been suspicious all game and brain made a really scummy post N1 "scum pls kill these people". On the other hand, Balki, kotp and worcej are all riding the sweet wagon, and I townread all three.
(chaqa, food, and rdr are all nulls)
Ima go analyze DrF and sweet's posts from D1 and when I get back I will vote.
Also, people voting for ND, Balki, and Will should probably move their votes. The MMA only gets a kill if they have at least one vote, so ideally we should to clean up low-vote wagons.
what exactly entails this "strong" maf-read you have about Fidelis?

sweetandcool

#2763 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:39 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:26 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:14 pm
Okay, after thinking about it this is total BS.

DrFidelis comes online and posts this:

"apologies, y’all, for forgetting about the game of mafia. I’ll vote with the wagon and figure out an opinion from there." And then votes rdr.

Then SIX minutes later he posts:

"Wait that was an old wagon, there’s talk of sweet vs. balki and damo vs. sweet, sweet’s the common factor." And votes sweetandcool.

So in six minutes, he manages to conclude that there is discussion about sweet vs Balki, and discussion about sweet vs damo.

No way. This reeks.

##VOTE DrFidelis
He's fast af boy

Good catch
theres no daychat, so walk me through how ots more likely to come from scum than town?

The change really didnt register as all that strange to me.

Ghug jumping to the defense claiming doc for the slot......is that a soft m9re people noticed? else that is pretty odd.
Okay, suppose DrFidelis is Mafia. Regardless of alignment, it's completely believable that he felt overwhelmed D1. I don't think there is any questioning of that, and it's totally understandable.

So then when night chat opens, he's like sorry guys I can't handle this. So Mafia team is like no problem, just go AFK for most of the phase, then briefly pop on and vote one of the top wagons. Try to come up with some small reason.

And that's what happens. It's easy to act and believeable because he is new and legitimately overwhelmed. He tries voting rdr but then after refreshing the bot he realizes he really should choose between Balki and sweetandcool. Then he either randomly chooses me or he doesn't choose his teammate.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively, yes, it is plausible he is Town. However, I find it unlikely because:

1. He had the bot tab up, yet he forgot about the game. He was even on webdip, how does he forget the game?

2. If he is as overwhelmed as he says he is (which I sincerely believe), then he would have likely asked for a sub. UNLESS his team encouraged him with this plan that doesn't involve much effort.

3. He came to voting me in 6 minutes. That's such a tight timeline. And while a quick vote on the top does match the premise of him being overwhelmed and not following the thread, he gives the extra effort to vaguely justify it in just such a strange way. If he said he was voting with the majority (which he clearly was with the rdr vote), it would have been believable. But he came up with another reason.

Actually, if he is Mafia this would indicate that rdr is not a teammate, so it actually would give us some extra info.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2764 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:41 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:41 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:31 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:24 pm

Embarrassing, ghug.

Anyways, your point is not bad. Still doesn't explain where he got the "balki vs sweet" from. There was literally no talk about Balki in that page.
Balki, Sweet, and the doctor himself were tied at three votes apiece when he made his vote.
True. So you are saying in the span of six minutes, this more or less happened:

DrFidelis remembers the game,votes rdr (for reasons?? I'm guessing he wasn't on the current page and saw discussion about rdr???) reads the current page where BALKI is quoted by worcej suggesting we vote for either sweetandcool or damo. Checks the bot (if he uses the bot, which I think is doubtful if he is so disengaged from the game he forgot about) and sees the votecount with Balki, Sweet, and himself, and concludes that we are debating between sweet and damo, and sweet and Balki. And then he concludes that sweetandcool is the common factor and votes accordingly.

Then, his mission accomplished, he logs off and calls it a day.

I don't buy it.

I think his team is going to have quite the hearty chuckle if he gets away with this.
I buy it. Describe the same exact process without your spin and it's just someone doing the bare minimum. Even as you wrote it to try to make it sound absurd, it's pretty reasonable to me. I believe that you don't buy it, I think. It still stinks to high heaven that so many others fell in line with you.

brainbomb

#2765 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:41 pm

Hmmm dip and war wagon vanished and then so did dip and war

brainbomb

#2766 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:43 pm

Also interesting is will is not striving to beat my post count totals.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2767 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:45 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:44 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:32 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:28 pm

I've expressed a few strong scumreads. I felt willing to jump to DrFidelis, over my strong scumreads. So if I am being genuine, then I thought there was extremely good reason to vote him.

If my reason is "lazy and bad" then I must be insincere scum. If you think that, you should vote me. That would at least make three "serious" people on my wagon.
I do think you're scum (though it's actually waned a little in the last twelve hours), but this is logically unsound.
I think you bending over backwards to defend him is very telling. You present convincing reasons as to why Dr.Fidelis is scum, and yet the crumble under the barest of scrutiny.

Obviously, Dr.Fidelis' team planned this, and it was a simple acting job he botched, and now you are defending him in an effective and plausible way.

I've got my eyes on you <_<
I'll give you a pass for not knowing this because you've never survived long enough as scum to have night chat, but this is not how scumteams operate.

I also would not heartily defend an absentee teammate with this much momentum, which is obviously a statement subject to wifom and doesn't preclude me from being scum in this game regardless of his role, not is nonetheless the truth.

I saw things D1 that gave me town vibes. I saw his return itself as pretty townie before reading that everyone else suspected it. I'm defending a townread.

Kakarroto

#2768 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:46 pm

once again ND.png

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2769 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:46 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:54 pm
Wtf?
Last time I was on, the clock on the bot said 1 hour 44 until the deadline. Now it says 2 hours 8.
Also, ghug, will, I'm going to point out again that the fewer people have votes on them, the smaller the chance of a MMA NK is. If you don't agree with the DrF or sweet wagons, vote nokill.
I will vote how I see fit. This day is not over, and telling people to artificially constrain their voting in the middle of the day will only hurt town on the long run.

PLEASE DELETE YOUR RESPONSE IF QUOTING THIS POST

brainbomb

#2770 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:47 pm

If ND gets replaced that would be fine
If ND gets modkilled I think that would fulfil the goal also?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2771 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:47 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:09 pm
Balki is a good flip as I’ve outlined

DrFid I’d rather not flip

Sweet I’d rather not flip

I’d be okay with damo flipping, though Balki is better
Have Will's reads evolved at all today?

sweetandcool

#2772 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:48 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:46 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:54 pm
Wtf?
Last time I was on, the clock on the bot said 1 hour 44 until the deadline. Now it says 2 hours 8.
Also, ghug, will, I'm going to point out again that the fewer people have votes on them, the smaller the chance of a MMA NK is. If you don't agree with the DrF or sweet wagons, vote nokill.
I will vote how I see fit. This day is not over, and telling people to artificially constrain their voting in the middle of the day will only hurt town on the long run.

PLEASE DELETE YOUR RESPONSE IF QUOTING THIS POST

brainbomb

#2773 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:48 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:47 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:09 pm
Balki is a good flip as I’ve outlined

DrFid I’d rather not flip

Sweet I’d rather not flip

I’d be okay with damo flipping, though Balki is better
Have Will's reads evolved at all today?
i moved up a lot somehow. And now im No longer likely scum with balki?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2774 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:48 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:24 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:22 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:02 pm
Ok, some interesting talk in the last 15.

All of sweet's cases imploding as they're written causing a slow decent into madness.

But I agree that soting damo or sweet is a solid idea. I also think as y'all are whispering about ejecting lurkers today would be the day. The low activity posters are MORE of a liability this game. Blind defense of low posters is strongly judge thinking.

So I went over EoD1 and I think JWill is glaringly at fault for that miskill. He toggled that wagon what, three times in 5 minutes? That is a lot of artificial momentum.

Also, I don't know if JWill has been assed enough to realize darg got subbed.

##Vote Justaguy

I want to vote my read now. I scumread damo slightly more than sweet but am ok with either. I don't see Balki as scum rn, but a lot of that is on the back of I see the hypo stuff was very town aligned, but the issue came that people were not supposed to do anything with it and they fuckin did.
Oh hype

##VOTE Just

Sorry Kak
kinda funny you call me and RHK scum together and then sheep him 2 posts later.
I actually still townread you. Him not so much, but it's more about the fact that he's voting for someone I want dead. I don't even think his reasoning is particularly moving.

We're going to have to vote with scum to kill other scum in this game, and I don't tend to avoid voting with scumreads in the early going anyway.

sweetandcool

#2775 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:49 pm

Man, sometimes I think Chaqa is king of the funnies, but then ghug really cracks some good ones sometimes.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2776 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:49 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:26 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:14 pm
Okay, after thinking about it this is total BS.

DrFidelis comes online and posts this:

"apologies, y’all, for forgetting about the game of mafia. I’ll vote with the wagon and figure out an opinion from there." And then votes rdr.

Then SIX minutes later he posts:

"Wait that was an old wagon, there’s talk of sweet vs. balki and damo vs. sweet, sweet’s the common factor." And votes sweetandcool.

So in six minutes, he manages to conclude that there is discussion about sweet vs Balki, and discussion about sweet vs damo.

No way. This reeks.

##VOTE DrFidelis
He's fast af boy

Good catch
theres no daychat, so walk me through how ots more likely to come from scum than town?

The change really didnt register as all that strange to me.

Ghug jumping to the defense claiming doc for the slot......is that a soft m9re people noticed? else that is pretty odd.
You whooshed on this just like your teammate RHK.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2777 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:43 pm
Also interesting is will is not striving to beat my post count totals.
Can you explain your Fidelis vote? And then vote Will with me instead?

brainbomb

#2778 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 pm

Balki got real quiet today when he has been a viable wagon too

Kakarroto

#2779 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:47 pm
If ND gets replaced that would be fine
If ND gets modkilled I think that would fulfil the goal also?
to be fair, at this point, I'm a bit concerned and hope he is well, but I still think it might be a big act and he will come in quite late with some kind of excuse and a quick vote before the EoN, and it all is planned to survive another day without doing anything or giving us even a part of a hint where he stands

the only thing we know, is that he voted DrFidelis. ND needs to play, and if he is not coming out, we need to FORCE him to.

Also, Fidelis answer was what I would've expected him to say if he was town, so ghug might be correct here. I think the possibility that he is mafia is still there. I do still think, we should still vote ND, because it seems that people don't really want to vote for him, and I'm baffled about why.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2780 Post by ghug » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 pm
Balki got real quiet today when he has been a viable wagon too
I'm less inclined to think that's game related given the travel and given the sort of person Balki is.