Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#1121 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm
sweet is not the best at playing as scum. and what I saw looked like defeated frustrated sweet caving in on himself as per usual as mafia. last night he did a 180 on almost every read he had, he kept talking about exclusively needing to find judges and yet spent all his time focusing on balki being an angel. when asked about his take on non posters he claimed to agree with everything I said, and the things I said were all if/then questions so there is no possible way he really read my posts. He also clearly didnt really read my case on damo, and had already decided damo was town before ever even bothering.

most likely sweet is mafia, and doesnt like the setup, was hoping somehow that he could try to townside and it failed.

So nobody thinks this looks like Mafia? This is not the brainbomb I know, spewing false narratives left and right. brain omb is definitely Mafia I have no doubts whatsoever.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1122 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:20 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 am
I'm lonely.
get a dog
I sometimes wonder if it’s worth it for the infinite agony of suffering through when they pass away.
'tis better to have loved and lost

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1123 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:44 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm
I don't think the discrepancies brain is pointing out indicates that Will is scum
you know his scum meta is rife with inconsistent and opportunistic reads. meandering theories, thoughts, and high volume. it is not as much of a trademark of his town play
It is my every game meta

Point to a single game of mine not rife with discrepancies

If anything, this push feels agenda-like

snowy801

#1124 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:44 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm
I don't think the discrepancies brain is pointing out indicates that Will is scum
you know his scum meta is rife with inconsistent and opportunistic reads. meandering theories, thoughts, and high volume. it is not as much of a trademark of his town play
I don't know that, as I've never played with the man

snowy801

#1125 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm
sweet is not the best at playing as scum. and what I saw looked like defeated frustrated sweet caving in on himself as per usual as mafia. last night he did a 180 on almost every read he had, he kept talking about exclusively needing to find judges and yet spent all his time focusing on balki being an angel. when asked about his take on non posters he claimed to agree with everything I said, and the things I said were all if/then questions so there is no possible way he really read my posts. He also clearly didnt really read my case on damo, and had already decided damo was town before ever even bothering.

most likely sweet is mafia, and doesnt like the setup, was hoping somehow that he could try to townside and it failed.

So nobody thinks this looks like Mafia? This is not the brainbomb I know, spewing false narratives left and right. brain omb is definitely Mafia I have no doubts whatsoever.
I dislike meta reads but I must confess brainbomb being inconsistent and nonsensical all over the place is very in character of him

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1126 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm

Balki-brain pairing

Brain is defending Balki hard and pushing the biggest anti-Balki players, me and sweet

brainbomb

#1127 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm

well I wondered when we were gonna dip into the disparaging remarks about how I play the game.

snowy801

#1128 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:49 pm

I will once again point out that it is very common for active posters to get embroiled in a war with each other because the more you post the more suspicious things you end up finding by sheer nature of volume

One must be cautious to associate "spam", as it seems to be referred here, from genuine indications of scumminess

(i.e. I don't think will or brain are scum)

snowy801

#1129 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm
well I wondered when we were gonna dip into the disparaging remarks about how I play the game.
Quite frankly I don't think your posts seem all that inconsistent, only that Will claims it to be so

brainbomb

#1130 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:50 pm

the issue here is you are coming from a position of relative unfamiliarity and overriding my opinion with your own regardless of my past experiences.

Kakarroto

#1131 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:24 pm
This is interesting. brainbomb, how would you say damo has differed from his usual D1? What makes damo specifically more likely to be Mafia than Town?

Does he normally seem more engaged D1?
I think damo has been identical to both his scum and his town meta
He is more likely to be mafia because without fully reading he got excited about the possibility of balki being eligible to die on a cheap method. or he just wanted to briefly bus to avoid any future assertions he wasnt mafia with balki.

when he quickly pivoted away, and then disappeared, if this is the best we can say about his town game then I think you might be setting the bar a little low.

he normally does feel a little more engaged in games with lots of PR, and usually has a much better tone of concern and procedure.
do you think maf-damo would be that openly jumping on that opportunity that early? Especially since damo should be aware that most high wagons that early would go away?

hmm, there is a possibility though that maf-damo jumped on maf-balki with that knowledge, so he could get an easy bus/unconnection without the risk of dooming his teammate. I think if either of them flips mafia, the other should be highly scrutinized. If damo flips town, balki still has chances to be mafia though. But I don't think that maf-damo would do this to town-balki, at least I wouldn't expect that. So if balki flips town, damo would be most likely town in my opinion.

sweetandcool

#1132 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:52 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:57 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:41 am
Hi. I appear to have missed 10-20 pages. What evidence do we have against DrFidelis, sweet, and damo?
In other news I'm going to take my vote off Chaqa because my evidence turned out to be a joke.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE NOKILL
Scum playing too scummy to be scum?
I think Dip is scum, but I was focused on looking at early posters last night.

Though brain is 100% scum.

snowy801

#1133 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:50 pm
the issue here is you are coming from a position of relative unfamiliarity and overriding my opinion with your own regardless of my past experiences.
I'm not overriding anyone's opinion. I'm looking at Will's posts as well as considering your arguments, and stating that I think he is town

What, just because you've played with him before means I must bow to your every read of him? I'd argue that's you trying to override my opinion, not the reverse

brainbomb

#1134 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:54 pm

the issue I see, that maybe you aren't seeing is that:

I have presented arguments for why I feel this way, and what I see and it isn't all that flowery, verbose or conspiratorial.

and both counter arguments from both players have been "brain is misconstruing fact, he only does that as mafia, this isn't town brain"

when you repeat something that isn't true, over and over again well this is how we have sasquatches

sweetandcool

#1135 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:27 am
Kak is town.

Ham is probably town.

Balki must really be Mafia.

Therefore, ##VOTE Darg
please explain the exact reason why you are sure on page 12 that I'm town
Because you didn't post your opening flavour post. Which you would never miss. Which meant that weren't around, which meant you weren't in prechat, which meant you were Town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1136 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:58 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:57 pm
I usually have a feel on ghug by now. But he is giving me no goosebumps.
I was getting worried that you expressed an opinion on someone else before shading me, so I'm comforted by this.

brainbomb

#1137 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:59 pm

I also note that both sweet and will have been consistently scumreading me all game and yet theyve never both been voting me simultaneously other than page 8 where as soon as will joined my wagon, sweet moved off of it. Wondering if they just dont want to both be associated together simultaneously, but it does feel more like w/w than a t/t attack

snowy801

#1138 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:54 pm
the issue I see, that maybe you aren't seeing is that:

I have presented arguments for why I feel this way, and what I see and it isn't all that flowery, verbose or conspiratorial.

and both counter arguments from both players have been "brain is misconstruing fact, he only does that as mafia, this isn't town brain"

when you repeat something that isn't true, over and over again well this is how we have sasquatches
I do agree with your sentiment, as again, I feel your arguments have been coherent and easy to follow

But I've not so much focused on whether what people are saying are logical or "correct" so to say, only so far as whether I feel it is alignment indicative. If correction is what you desire then I am happy to state that I think Will's perception of you floundering nonsense is on par not true, but that doesn't really matter to me so much as my thinking that Will is saying this from a town perspective, you see

I didn't mean to offend you or attack your playstyle, and if I did I apologize. Nevertheless, I strongly oppose a Will kill today

brainbomb

#1139 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 pm

anyway off to my meetings.

snowy801

#1140 Post by snowy801 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 pm

anyway off back to "work"