Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#821 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:32 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:25 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:19 am
@sweet, just say right now why you think I am scum. Say it now. Should be easy.
1. You were one of the first posters.
2. Vibes
3. Focus on mechs without any other real content (although that's changed)
4. Causing long-winded back and forths over comments I have made. Starting to feel like the oxygen in the thread is being suffocated.
5. Weird fixation on disproving the notion that you are possibly and Angel.

Did you put those reasons about me in the thread some place that I missed? I'm particularly interested in if you put them in the thread after page 33, where you seemed to conclude that my play was NAI.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#822 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:33 am

Also, what is your confidence level that I am scum right this moment? Like, am I one of the people you most want to flip, or just sort of someone you would be happy to flip, among others?

sweetandcool

#823 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:38 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:33 am
Also, what is your confidence level that I am scum right this moment? Like, am I one of the people you most want to flip, or just sort of someone you would be happy to flip, among others?
Hmmm, it seems I hadn't previously stated it in thread. I guess my "Balki is scum" feelings have been internal.

But my suspicion started out mainly because of your opening posts plus the fact you were there beginning of day. Which is why I voted you immediately.

How confident am I? I have low confidence, as per your metric.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#824 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:42 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:38 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Hmmm, it seems I hadn't previously stated it in thread. I guess my "Balki is scum" feelings have been internal.

But my suspicion started out mainly because of your opening posts plus the fact you were there beginning of day. Which is why I voted you immediately.

Why do you think you said this a few hours ago?
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:01 pm
Nothing important. I suppose what you could take from this is that I was claiming that your play is more or less NAI. Particularly since nobody who has played with you before is squawking.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#825 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 am

I'm suspicious of all this because it looks to me, @sweet, that you felt like you didn't have a good read on me, then you started making some posts about my mechanical discussion that sort of assumed I was Angel, and finally when your "let's not try to chop Angel" thesis was debunked, you retreated to "okay I'm cool with a Balki chop."

That is a super strange progression because your discussion about why I might be Angel came only from a "Balki is unlikely to be Judge" place, which would have likely caused a more genuine progression to think "Oh, Balki is making things hard for the Judges so he is more likely than random to be Town."

Doesn't seem real. And especially because you seemed perturbed by me asking you to explain why you suspected I was an angel, and refused to do it when I asked you at first, just seemed like you didn't have that at all clear in your head, because the whole thing was pretend.

So, I'm feeling like Sweet is more likely than random to be Scum, as his scumhunt appears to be something he is pretending.

sweetandcool

#826 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:52 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:42 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:38 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Why do you think you said this a few hours ago?
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:01 pm
Nothing important. I suppose what you could take from this is that I was claiming that your play is more or less NAI. Particularly since nobody who has played with you before is squawking.
Because it was true. Your play was about what others would expect. I assume. But I seem to be the only one taking into account the other two factors that were true at the time.

(1) and (2)

sweetandcool

#827 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:58 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 am
I'm suspicious of all this because it looks to me, @sweet, that you felt like you didn't have a good read on me, then you started making some posts about my mechanical discussion that sort of assumed I was Angel, and finally when your "let's not try to chop Angel" thesis was debunked, you retreated to "okay I'm cool with a Balki chop."

That is a super strange progression because your discussion about why I might be Angel came only from a "Balki is unlikely to be Judge" place, which would have likely caused a more genuine progression to think "Oh, Balki is making things hard for the Judges so he is more likely than random to be Town."

Doesn't seem real. And especially because you seemed perturbed by me asking you to explain why you suspected I was an angel, and refused to do it when I asked you at first, just seemed like you didn't have that at all clear in your head, because the whole thing was pretend.

So, I'm feeling like Sweet is more likely than random to be Scum, as his scumhunt appears to be something he is pretending.
My don't flip Angels stance has not been debunked. I still think the fact that you may be an Angel is a good reason to prefer someone else, unless a better vote doesn't come along.

I think you need to keep in mind that others don't play the way you do.

And I despise busy work. I'm glad you went through my ISO, and if you feel good about your read on me then great for you.

brainbomb

#828 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:18 am

I read dip and warfares ISO by searching among messages from Diplomacy in this game.

It was an easy and insufferably boring read full of a few posts. And yet. Hes town

brainbomb

#829 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:22 am

i read dr fidelis iso now also. More interesting than dip and warfares. Confusing and I dont know why he jumped on the ND wagon. .

brainbomb

#830 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:23 am

Rereading king of pirates. Way more content than fidel castro or dippy. This guy is our rising star. Town for sure.

brainbomb

#831 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:28 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:21 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:46 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:25 pm
Alright I’m not committed to this bit
Scumtell.

##VOTE Just
Is it possible to make this a valid vote, please
Why did you care about this specifically at this moment. Just curious. No biases, not tunneling. Just curious

sweetandcool

#832 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:18 am
I read dip and warfares ISO by searching among messages from Diplomacy in this game.

It was an easy and insufferably boring read full of a few posts. And yet. Hes town
Interesting, I had the opposite impression of his alignment. I'll probably put it into coherent thoughts later.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#833 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:43 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:44 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:38 am
I’ll also add:

Folks who are confidently proclaiming that a player is one scum faction or another, or worse, a specific role, are failing to acknowledge how hard this game is. It’s hard to identify scum on Day one, let alone to specify a particular faction or role. Let’s chop to kill people who seem to be trying to blend in or who are not solving a puzzle. When you suggest that you already know alignments down to the flavor of scum or the exact role you are hunting, you sound quite naive.
I think it's naive to think any of these declarations are done with a high degree of certainty.
It's a mindset issue. If you get too drawn into specifics, you miss the bigger picture and end up focusing in the wrong places.

DrFidelis

#834 Post by DrFidelis » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:43 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:22 am
i read dr fidelis iso now also. More interesting than dip and warfares. Confusing and I dont know why he jumped on the ND wagon. .
Can I get brought up to speed on acronyms like ISO? also to be frank i jumped on the ND wagon cause i was tired and wanted a voice, should I hop on the damo wagon now? actually don't answer that, i'll do it.

##VOTE damo666
"I cannot think, I cannot fight. With patience, I will find my way."

(hmu if you ever need to find a willing person to be the next 20 questions QM)

brainbomb

#835 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 am

DrFidelis wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:43 am
brainbomb wrote:
Can I get brought up to speed on acronyms like ISO? also to be frank i jumped on the ND wagon cause i was tired and wanted a voice, should I hop on the damo wagon now? actually don't answer that, i'll do it.

##VOTE damo666
Are you scumreading damo? Lol

sweetandcool

#836 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 am

DrFidelis wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

##VOTE damo666
Could you muster a bit more conviction? Is there any reason you are voting damo other than them being top wagon?

I don't know what ISO stands for, but they mean they looked at all of their posts.

sweetandcool

#837 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 am

ghug wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I’ll also add:

Folks who are confidently proclaiming that a player is one scum faction or another, or worse, a specific role, are failing to acknowledge how hard this game is. It’s hard to identify scum on Day one, let alone to specify a particular faction or role. Let’s chop to kill people who seem to be trying to blend in or who are not solving a puzzle. When you suggest that you already know alignments down to the flavor of scum or the exact role you are hunting, you sound quite naive.
I think it's naive to think any of these declarations are done with a high degree of certainty.
It's a mindset issue. If you get too drawn into specifics, you miss the bigger picture and end up focusing in the wrong places.
Do you really think I need this coaching?

brainbomb

#838 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 am

Well damo is mafia so fidelis is probably not mafia with damo!

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#839 Post by Chaqa » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:49 am

Hello party people

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#840 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:49 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:46 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I’ll also add:

Hmmmm…

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you mean what you say. If you don’t mean it, don’t say it. I think you’ve said a few times that we shouldn’t chop me because I’m Angel. Why do you say that?
This is a good point. Having a theory is one thing, but feeling so strongly someone you scumread is a specific role that you don't want them to be killed just seems weird, and doesn't really suggest a low degree of certainty to me.