Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#461 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:20 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:18 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:07 am
Alright brain there’s no way they’ll ever think we’re scum together now
I was townreading your outburst and now I'm not.
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:18 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:02 am

No, I acted *dismissively* towards brainbomb because I knew he was going to death tunnel me and it won’t even be fun because I’m just a VT and I can’t fuck with him
Yeah, I get that you were doing that. I thought you seemed stilted while doing it.
The above doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that ghug and chaqa are unaligned especially given the below:
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:57 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:20 pm

Okay but to be fair, Frog did similar posts last game, did he not?

He does seem slightly different this game, not necessarily in a bad way. I have him as null.
##VOTE sweetandcool

My gut hasn't failed me yet.
I think if scum!ghug votes chaqa for the tantrum there is fear that town will pile on and ghug has to make up a reason to unvote, so they go fish for limbait instead once one appears?
I thought the outburst itself was towny. I scumread behavior before the outburst, which in turn provoked the outburst.

The comment about being scum with brain worried me because Chaqa likes to be that brazen talking about his teammates, but the interaction as a whole tells me they're unlikely to be scum together, so I'm back to just townreading Chaqa for the outburst.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#462 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:24 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:09 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:52 pm

Okay so what was the connection between your thoughts there? Why did you ask me about Diplomacy?
I like to ask new players who seem smart that question. Most mafia players are terrible at diplomacy and have large egos, so it garners interesting responses. Discussion of last game reminded me that I hadn't had that opportunity.
Can you give me a full reads list with explanations by the time I check the thread again?
ghug - Town, role PM
Chaqa - Town, outburst
Sweet - scum, vibes
Bunny - scum, trying to provoke me
everyone else - null, boringness

I'm willing to attribute it to your having played somewhere weird before, but asking people to force reads lists early in the game is bad.

foodcoats

#463 Post by foodcoats » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:58 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:49 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:32 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:45 am

Okay, thank you for answering. How do you motivate yourself to read this thread?
I see we are out of sync, but nonetheless… I enjoy reading it. I likes the game. It’s fun.

I also find that the WebDip group is particularly fun. I’ve tried playing on other sites and have concluded it’s not a game I really care to play outside this meta.
Okay that's interesting, can you elaborate on this a little bit?
The only other thing I can add, which is not really game relevant, is that I find I am more assertive and willing to enter into constructive conflict in other areas - in particular, at work - when I am playing Mafia, so it actually has net benefits on real life.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#464 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:59 pm

Cmon guys, participate! Cant just be me, Frog, and Chaqa…

JustAGuyNamedWill

#465 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:59 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:59 pm
Cmon guys, participate! Cant just be me, Frog, and Chaqa…
Wow look at that, perfect timing food!

foodcoats

#466 Post by foodcoats » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:20 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:07 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:01 pm

Will-chaqa- (a non poster or damo)

Does that glove feel right?
I'm thinking
I feel like you arent actually thinking.
Conclude something.

You had no problem doing conclusions with BK last game. Gimme some ideas here. What is scum doing right now?
Is one of the scum lurking damo, Vecna, or bozo?

foodcoats

#467 Post by foodcoats » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:02 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:30 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:20 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:07 pm

I'm thinking
I feel like you arent actually thinking.
Conclude something.

You had no problem doing conclusions with BK last game. Gimme some ideas here. What is scum doing right now?
I'm confident chaqa is scum and after that I don't know where to look. It would make sense if Will is scum fabricating their read on me but I think they're more likely to just be silly town. I keep going over ghug because they remind me of bob from last game.
Why are you specifically confident that Chaqa is scum?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#468 Post by Chaqa » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:25 pm

Vecna is in this game? Where is he?

Also I miss Bona

JustAGuyNamedWill

#469 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:35 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:25 pm
Vecna is in this game? Where is he?

Also I miss Bona
Where Bona

JustAGuyNamedWill

#470 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:35 pm

So guys… what now? No new developments…

foodcoats

#471 Post by foodcoats » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:41 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:35 pm
I would hammer kill bozo, damo or Vecna. :lol:

JustAGuyNamedWill

#472 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:43 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:41 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
I would hammer kill bozo, damo or Vecna. :lol:
I hate non posters >:[

BunnyGo

#473 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:48 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
To the GT:

I’m enjoying Just’s engagement. I’d need to go back and reread to see if he’s SAID anything of consequence besides prodding and enthusiasm. I think he has. But not one word has stuck.

In other thoughts:

Ghug is wrong that I try to neg and needle him as scum. I try that when I can’t tell his alignment too. The game that recently comes to mind is when he was scum and sadly my strongest townread until late. But late in the game I started nudging him.

Jamie seems very town here. Might be my strongest townlean for now. He’s not angry, but also not scared or fronting.

Food has been all over in my mind.

HamB has been absent. This is weird. I expect when he finally rolls town, he’ll be so excited to play. Might worry he gets miskilled early? Does he lurk to avoid that? I’d expect him to jump in head first.

Froggy…I dunno. Never had to read him much last game since I got got early. He certainly seems more cautious. Maybe he knew last game would become mechanics?

Chaqa seems towny to me. But that’s based on knowing he enjoys scum and honestly believing he’s not having fun.

Sweet…hmm…why the hell is he voting me? I really don’t get it. That’s not necessarily scummy, but I haven’t understood his ramblings about it either.

And heart. Wherefor heart? Him standing up to froggy seems towny? I don’t think he’s easy to push around, but I think he’d be more likely to acquiesce to a request for reads rather than say “no”. Hmmm. Unless they’re both scum? That’s interesting….

Froggy-heart-lurker-and ghug? That’s a reasonable team guess? Will have to go read with that in mind later.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

JustAGuyNamedWill

#474 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:51 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:48 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Froggy-heart-lurker-and ghug? That’s a reasonable team guess? Will have to go read with that in mind later.
This is wrong, there are only 3. Is this an intentional “townslip”? Or is this just a mistake?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#475 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:52 pm

SETUP INFORMATION:

Roles:
11 Town
1 Cop
1 Doctor
9 Vanilla Towns

3 Mafia
2 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Godfather

BunnyGo

#476 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:17 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
This is wrong, there are only 3. Is this an intentional “townslip”? Or is this just a mistake?
To the GT:

Oh that’s right. Kaka and worcej were memeing that kaka was fired for that error pregame.

Well…nobody will believe that’s an honest townslip. But we know the truth.

But why did Just only call out the error and not say anything of substance? This is starting to worry me. That said he’s doing much better. Wish he’d commented on the reads more than just their amount.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

JustAGuyNamedWill

#477 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:21 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:17 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

To the GT:

Oh that’s right. Kaka and worcej were memeing that kaka was fired for that error pregame.

Well…nobody will believe that’s an honest townslip. But we know the truth.

But why did Just only call out the error and not say anything of substance? This is starting to worry me. That said he’s doing much better. Wish he’d commented on the reads more than just their amount.
ok, if you want me to comment on it, just ask XD

JustAGuyNamedWill

#478 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:27 am

BunnyGo wrote:

To the GT:

I’m enjoying Just’s engagement. I’d need to go back and reread to see if he’s SAID anything of consequence besides prodding and enthusiasm. I think he has. But not one word has stuck.

In other thoughts:

Ghug is wrong that I try to neg and needle him as scum. I try that when I can’t tell his alignment too. The game that recently comes to mind is when he was scum and sadly my strongest townread until late. But late in the game I started nudging him.

Jamie seems very town here. Might be my strongest townlean for now. He’s not angry, but also not scared or fronting.

Food has been all over in my mind.

HamB has been absent. This is weird. I expect when he finally rolls town, he’ll be so excited to play. Might worry he gets miskilled early? Does he lurk to avoid that? I’d expect him to jump in head first.

Froggy…I dunno. Never had to read him much last game since I got got early. He certainly seems more cautious. Maybe he knew last game would become mechanics?

Chaqa seems towny to me. But that’s based on knowing he enjoys scum and honestly believing he’s not having fun.

Sweet…hmm…why the hell is he voting me? I really don’t get it. That’s not necessarily scummy, but I haven’t understood his ramblings about it either.

And heart. Wherefor heart? Him standing up to froggy seems towny? I don’t think he’s easy to push around, but I think he’d be more likely to acquiesce to a request for reads rather than say “no”. Hmmm. Unless they’re both scum? That’s interesting….

Ghug- I can’t say whether or not Bunny is doing this, but personally I haven’t noticed it.

Jamie- I am null on Jamie. I don’t understand why Bunny thinks he is so town. He has markedly less participation than two games ago (I didn’t pay attention to last game cuz I got murked), but that may be because no one has argued with him

Food- I think food is town. He seems to be playing a similar way to his last (town) game, but not in a way that feels intentional, like Frog

Hamilton- I have seen Hamilton around, but he hasn’t given me much to go on. Idk what this means, but I want to remember it

Froggggg- Am not certain of his mafia-ness. Could be completely wrong. Heard it here first, I am probably going to switch my vote.

Chaqa- Chaqa is null. He has done town things and scum things that cancel each other out.

Sweet- as Bunny said, his scumtell: “If I want to throttle sweet through the screen, he’s town”

Heart- no opinion on heart. Barely even noticed he was here. Maybe lurking? (I think i’m using that term right)

JustAGuyNamedWill

#479 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:31 am

For the record, I think sweet is probably the most likely to be scum. Every time I voted him in my past 4 games, he was scum, so I think I have an idea about what he does.

Jamiet99uk

#480 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:00 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:32 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:03 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:00 pm
I can already feel myself spinning my wheels a little, I feel like I have the rocks mapped out but I can't tell which ones to look under.
@jamie

You weren't much help last game so maybe offer some guidance here on where to look?
I was scum last game. It was literally my objective to be as little help as possible whilst not allowing anyone to notice that that was the case.

Look under as many rocks as you can! Who (of the people in this game) did you find the hardest to read last game, and how do you feel about any of those people now?

Also, why did you demand exactly 5 reads from Chaqa, and why did you then apparently not look carefully at his posts to glean whether he had provided any reads?
Frogster has not answered this.

@Frog King?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.