M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M80 Game Thread

#721 Post by pyxxy » Tue May 16, 2023 4:42 pm

active participation
reactive participation
proactive participation
distracted participation
attractive participation
refractive participation
subtractive participation (<-- me rn)

Foxcastle

#722 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:40 pm
##CALL GM

Would non-posting, but hiting +1 lots of times, and then making a naked vote with no other posts, meet the requirement for "active participation" in the rules?
Even if it did, he still has to vote. If he's going to post to vote, I suspect that he'll make another post to meet posting requirements.

But my guess is that this will all be moot and Bunny will make a grand entrance after making us all wait.

President Eden

#723 Post by President Eden » Tue May 16, 2023 4:43 pm

“top wagon” meaning two completely unexplained pressure votes

wtf is there to address brain? no one has articulated a single reason why ghug is suspicious. so when I feel I can get an accurate read on him by d3 or so based on how he attacks the game and what his agenda is, why would I be in a rush to kill him?

why not target someone like s&c who I have actual reasons to suspect?

Jamiet99uk

#724 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 16, 2023 4:43 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:41 pm
Ill summarize as this

It seems like Eden has suggested now on five occasions that because players ive listed: damo, ghug, pyxxy, bozo, rivera are all people who have cleared themselves in past games by voting for scum.
Right so let's leave all those people alive for 6 turns and then assess their votes!

It's free real estate.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Dousing

#725 Post by Dousing » Tue May 16, 2023 4:43 pm

I’ll post more in say 4-8 hours

Dousing

#726 Post by Dousing » Tue May 16, 2023 4:44 pm

I to clarify the post I wrote used info that is like 30 min out-of-date so just keep that in mind :P

President Eden

#727 Post by President Eden » Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:43 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Ill summarize as this

It seems like Eden has suggested now on five occasions that because players ive listed: damo, ghug, pyxxy, bozo, rivera are all people who have cleared themselves in past games by voting for scum.
Right so let's leave all those people alive for 6 turns and then assess their votes!

It's free real estate.
fucking thank you

it blows my mind that he thinks it’s weird that I don’t want to shoot historically low participants (except maybe pyx who I remember being somewhat active) who can be read by their actions

this is mafia 1001 level shit. he has to know better which is why I think he’s scum taking the piss

President Eden

#728 Post by President Eden » Tue May 16, 2023 4:46 pm

although probably not like 6 phases lol.

but by d3 or so? sure

the important part of this context which brain repeatedly ignores because he’s scum is I have already IDed my preferred target on a behavioral read and why

i’m not just leery of glorified rand votes for the sake of it, I’m putting forth a genuine alternative that he ignores

brainbomb

#729 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 16, 2023 4:47 pm

President Eden wrote:

wtf is there to address brain? no one has articulated a single reason why ghug is suspicious. so when I feel I can get an accurate read on him by d3 or so based on how he attacks the game and what his agenda is, why would I be in a rush to kill him?

1. im willing to let this one go. I dont find ghug scummy or towny at present and his wagon is very bizarre that it exists.

2. I do however think you should be in a rush to understand him and poke him and get answers from him which is what you tend to do very well. havent seen you really engage him or vice versa. he hasnt been around. not exactly your fualt.

3. the hypothetical was that deadline was in three minutes. the rush to kill him was that he was lead wagon and choice was in that hyptothetical do you pile on or push elsewhere and youve made it clear you scumread sweetandcool so I get that.

President Eden

#730 Post by President Eden » Tue May 16, 2023 4:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:47 pm
President Eden wrote:

1. im willing to let this one go. I dont find ghug scummy or towny at present and his wagon is very bizarre that it exists.

2. I do however think you should be in a rush to understand him and poke him and get answers from him which is what you tend to do very well. havent seen you really engage him or vice versa. he hasnt been around. not exactly your fualt.

3. the hypothetical was that deadline was in three minutes. the rush to kill him was that he was lead wagon and choice was in that hyptothetical do you pile on or push elsewhere and youve made it clear you scumread sweetandcool so I get that.
i don’t typically read ghug that way because he’s proven he knows what to say to misdirect me when i take that approach

brainbomb

#731 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 16, 2023 4:48 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Ill summarize as this

It's free real estate.
fucking thank you

it blows my mind that he thinks it’s weird that I don’t want to shoot historically low participants (except maybe pyx who I remember being somewhat active) who can be read by their actions

this is mafia 1001 level shit. he has to know better which is why I think he’s scum taking the piss
I think you think that his post is mocking me when its very likely its mocking the ridiculousness of your reply

President Eden

#732 Post by President Eden » Tue May 16, 2023 4:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:48 pm
President Eden wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

It's free real estate.
fucking thank you

I think you think that his post is mocking me when its very likely its mocking the ridiculousness of your reply
you may be right

disappointing, because it’s pretty obviously correct play here when I have better targets

brainbomb

#733 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 16, 2023 4:50 pm

you seem to feel like you have to end every reply to me by pointing at me and yelling see hes a wolf, see

President Eden

#734 Post by President Eden » Tue May 16, 2023 4:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:50 pm
you seem to feel like you have to end every reply to me by pointing at me and yelling see hes a wolf, see

why do you feel the need to engage in manipulative exaggeration? even a cursory examination of my posts shows it’s not remotely true

Jamiet99uk

#735 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 16, 2023 4:51 pm

Dousing wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:42 pm

If I HAD to kill someone’s right now I’d take a guess between Eden, Fox, and Bona For no reason other than the fact that there seems to be a royalist in one of the three.
Please explain your use of the word "fact" in the above statement?

(I'll address the point about my Ghug vote in due course).
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#736 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 16, 2023 4:52 pm

President Eden wrote:

I already told you Ghug seems off this game.

brainbomb

#737 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 16, 2023 4:53 pm

So just to be clear I am not opinioned on your target. You may have valid points. I fail to see how shutting down every single other consideration under the umbrella of they caught scum once, is sensible as a way to consider players alignments. I asked how to read them. data on tells, meta, past posting styles. scum traits.

you gave me nothing and retreated to calling me scum for asking. and youve launched into this crazed appeal to audience machine that seems hell bent on misconstruing my intentions

Jamiet99uk

#738 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 16, 2023 4:53 pm

President Eden wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Ill summarize as this

It's free real estate.
fucking thank you

I was being sarcastic.

Giving a whole bunch of people a free pass is a bad idea, Eden.

Jamiet99uk

#739 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 16, 2023 4:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:48 pm
President Eden wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

It's free real estate.
fucking thank you

Correct take.

brainbomb

#740 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 pm

At this point im arguing northwest and youre a cyclone bearing down southeast. whatever this dialogue is doing it isnt working and its just filling pages so I guess ill just concede and you win the debate.
moving on.