MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#421 Post by Durga » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:30 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:23 pm
@durga: I explained as well as I could. Not to mention in a pool of 3 people with 3 scum left there’s better than average odds one of them is likely to be scum. Why are you indirectly defending someone that’s voting you up?
Agh this is a worse statement than the last one. Can you summarize the direct link between those three in one sentence

worcej

#422 Post by worcej » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:59 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:56 pm
Worcej - you may want to unvote; the bot is still picking you up as voting for Moscow.
Technically my vote is still there, but I plan to move it - just not rushing to do so yet.

Going back to something posted earlier:
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:46 am
Luke-warm pre sleep takes:

- There is at least one scum between ghug-xorx-vecna. Leaning Xorx due to trying to hedge bb's guilty scan on MF, and him attacking strategy and mechanics with little player interaction. It's fluff and filler.

@RHK - I see the logic behind xorx, but Vecna and ghug seem to be a stretch. Is your logic that ghug is scum because the loose connection between MF and the gun concern? Is there anything else you would see in how he's playing, because he looks pretty standard to my (relatively little) prior experiences with him.

Vecna seems to be playing per-normal, considering it was a night start and we were all in "hurry up and wait" mode.

As for my reads, once again I am stuck on Squigs (note: I have never read him very accurately). Last game, he was the MVP and got everything figured out and now seems to be confused about how some items worked - doesn't add up. That, and the scum post about cannoning, also makes me feel ugh. But I've felt ugh and he was town twice, so meh...

##vote Squigs - let's see if a wagon goes or not!

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#423 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Ghug and xorx have direct connection to MF. Multiple times xorx attempted to engage ghug with little success. My lean is on xorx here. He’s too smart as scum than to outright buddy but he can lay the groundwork if needed. Vecna’s association is more of lack of association, he was hesitant, but wanted to be hung ho in his wording. Made it seem like he had the big news but wasn’t willing to share it.

Again, these were all mid D1 lukewarm reads. And I am not exactly known for my reading skills in maf. But Cannon to my head, xorx is my guy.

Durga

#424 Post by Durga » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:25 pm

I just don't see how the three are linked, I just find that statement so scummy.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#425 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:25 pm
I just don't see how the three are linked, I just find that statement so scummy.
Then fucking shoot me Durga. Waste of a cannon, but oh well. I’ve explained my thinking two or three times now, regardless of how shitty that reasoning is (and yes it’s weak)

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#426 Post by y2kjbk » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:51 pm

I don’t think Demon is scum.

Durga

#427 Post by Durga » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:03 pm

y2kjbk wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:51 pm
I don’t think Demon is scum.
I thought this was talking about me for a bit. At best he's a null.

xorxes

#428 Post by xorxes » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:13 pm

DemonRHK wrote:

- There is at least one scum between ghug-xorx-vecna. Leaning Xorx due to trying to hedge bb's guilty scan on MF, and him attacking strategy and mechanics with little player interaction. It's fluff and filler.
Yeah, that's a weird way of stating your suspicions, especially since ghug ends up in your null list, and ND ends up as scumlean. I think what Durga is asking about is not why you suspect each of us individually but how are the three of us connected in such a way that at least one of us would be scum.

How did I hedge the guilty on MF, BTW? Do you mean when I said we should probably hear what Moscow had to say? You think as scum I was hoping Moscow would say something so convincing that we would lynch bb before killing him or what?
- Brain had Moscow as his second highest scumread at one point and scum killed bozo instead of him. Why?
Any ideas? Do you really find it odd that scum would not kill brainbomb? Has Mafia ever killed bb N1? Do you really think Mafia would be scared of bb because he had Moscow as his second scumread at one point, when we all know that bb will have everyone as his second scumread at some point?

Super-Duper left field brain level mental gymnastics:

There is still a one in a billion chance brain is scum. It would require ghug to be scum with him and is so remote a possibility the only reason I mention it is because if you had the balls to pull it off brovo to you sir.
You think I was hedging bb's scan and then you come up with that?
Town - Brain, flash
Good Lean - Durga, damo
Null - Most of you fucks
Bad Lean - ND, Vecna
Scum - Xorx
What happened to ghug, you listed him first in "at least one scum between ghug-xorx-vecna"

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#429 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:23 pm

##vote Vecna

I expect more ranting from him by now. Xorxes and y2k are probably town. It should be kept in mind that RHK is always dumb as shit. It's not as obvious as others because he's not terrible out of game, but the guy's insights are rarely insightful.

Where is Flash?

brainbomb

#430 Post by brainbomb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:26 pm

I was just about to ask the same thing ghug

brainbomb

#431 Post by brainbomb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Where is Vecna he was way more in the game day 1
where is Snowy
where is flash

brainbomb

#432 Post by brainbomb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:26 pm

y2k is quite towny

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#433 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Given brain's propensity for fakeclaiming, I think there's probably something stinky in the people who were immediately there to believe it. Squiggles sticks out for calling out worcej so quickly. Flash sticks out for taking the most extreme action.

brainbomb

#434 Post by brainbomb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:28 pm

scum is backed against a wall a bit here. they need wagons to form so they can blend and join in.

in my opinion no major town irrational wagons have formed that they feel comfy to join or post about

makes snowy, vecna, and flash look like potential scum
or ND, chaqa also

brainbomb

#435 Post by brainbomb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:30 pm

although ND might be the least scummy of the low posters

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#436 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:49 pm

##vote DemonRHK

He seems too try-hardy. Seems to want to create an image of being super-casual.

damo666

#437 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:49 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:59 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:56 pm
Worcej - you may want to unvote; the bot is still picking you up as voting for Moscow.
Technically my vote is still there, but I plan to move it - just not rushing to do so yet.

Going back to something posted earlier:
DemonRHK wrote:
Luke-warm pre sleep takes:

@RHK - I see the logic behind xorx, but Vecna and ghug seem to be a stretch. Is your logic that ghug is scum because the loose connection between MF and the gun concern? Is there anything else you would see in how he's playing, because he looks pretty standard to my (relatively little) prior experiences with him.

Vecna seems to be playing per-normal, considering it was a night start and we were all in "hurry up and wait" mode.

As for my reads, once again I am stuck on Squigs (note: I have never read him very accurately). Last game, he was the MVP and got everything figured out and now seems to be confused about how some items worked - doesn't add up. That, and the scum post about cannoning, also makes me feel ugh. But I've felt ugh and he was town twice, so meh...

##vote Squigs - let's see if a wagon goes or not!
Not rushing to move your vote and then moving it in the same post is quite amusing. Probably doesn't particularly mean anything but amusing nonetheless.

I think you may be right that not all is straightforward with Squigs

Jamiet99uk

#438 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Vote Count 1.4

DemonRHK (2) - Durga, Tom Bombadil
Worcej (1) - Squigs44
Snowy801 (1) - Brainbomb
Ghug (1) - Damo666
Tom Bombadil (1) - y2kjbk
Squigs44 (1) - Worcej
Vecna (1) - Ghug

Currently DEMONRHK is set to be lynched.

You have 28 hours remaining in Day 1.

brainbomb

#439 Post by brainbomb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:05 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:49 pm
##vote DemonRHK

He seems too try-hardy. Seems to want to create an image of being super-casual.

Too try hardy to create an image of being super casual.

Or is he just chill

brainbomb

#440 Post by brainbomb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Ill just reiterate that scum might be backed against a wall with how today went. Whatever they thought would happen with killing bozo all utterly failed as moscow got dunked.

I think we should focus on the inactives like vecna-snowy-flash-chaqa

Pribably 2 scum in there