MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#1801 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:15 pm
Its cute flash thinks any scumteam would kill him
Aren't you 0 for 2 so far (ghug and Ezio)? I am not getting impressed yet...

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1802 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Here is the quote I am looking for:

"My Flash vote has served its purpose to put pressure on Flash"

You claimed there was evidence against me yet this implies that you moved off me because I changed my vote. Which is it?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1803 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:35 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 am
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:33 am

Why does everyone read me as a moron scum?

It wasn't what I expected...because I assumed I would be dead.
Why did you think you'd die?
I was cagey on the first day but let me now be explicit - my interaction with worcej on D1 could be interpreted as either a PR-slip/stone-slip or "Flash is a moron" scum/SK slip.

This is why I am suspicious of darg/Squiggs...as I am sure both saw this interaction (I am assuming damo missed it). Neither darg or Squigs mentioned this slip - surely if you thought I scum/SK slipped you would mention it as an important piece of evidence? In voting for me Squigs didn't give **any** evidence at all (he said something like "someone else gave the evidence - that is why I am voting for flash")...then Squigs gave a very weak excuse to move away from me (suggesting he only voted me because I was still on BB, it wasn't due to any evidence - that doesn't sound very consistent). It also feels like Squigs interaction is of a shallower level than last game which just **feels** wrong. Darg's analysis appears to be making so sense at all (e.g. like the stuff about BB). There could be other reasons why he is acting scum...but I know a scum strategy is to throw doubt on things which are obviously true.

I am not of course going to confirm or deny whether I am PR/have a stone or not as that could be validated by scum. If I am a PR I am screwed anyway. If I am not a PR, it is good for town if I draw in a night kill.

If I am not trusted and I make it into tomorrow I would encourage whoever has the mind stone to check me out. If we do that at least everyone will have the same information about me.
Yeah, I saw it... just because I didn't shout about it doesn't mean I didn 't notice it. Voted for you to see if you dropped any hints.
You didn't.
##vote flash2015

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1804 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:02 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:20 pm
I gotta say all these reads lists saying im gamora and thus town are moronic. Im town for hundreds of reasons besides my role. Ive put actual effort in. It makes me think ppl arent reading me since im clear. :cry:

Hey by the way we have 3 clears alive right now

Worcej, ghug, whats our chosen wagon. We have control
My top three wagon's I'd like to see are the following:

Damo - my interpretation of him so far has been that he is dropping one liners and not really actually trying to scum hunt in any real way. Granted, I am somewhat the same, but I am typically more the 'observant' kind in this game than trying to trap people. Back on Damo - he seems to always be commenting on who the SK is and more laser focused on that than finding any generic scum, which has me questioning him. Add to it the 'call' for vig to 'stand up', I am just highly suspect of him.

Chippe - My views on him are very similar to Jaime's - he is asking dumb questions that are already answered and is over the top noob playing. Without any prior experience or exposure to him, it's hard to tell if it's normal or an act. I am willing to have him rung up to find that one out.

Foxcastle - Besides my initial OMGUS, there isn't much to say that Fox is still scum. This could be intentional - he got the PR reveal and was able to create an explanation on the situation that makes him look towny. Since then, all town play as well. Again, Fox is a good player and I base this on last game - I think he is able to think on his feet and can create narratives as he sees fit.

To also be clear: ghug is really the only confirmed town we have right now. Both brain and I are claimed and are only 'clear' because no counter claim has surfaced in either situation. I am inclined to believe you're town brain, but in the off chance that you're full of it (which is entirely possible with you), I am not entirely clearing you yet.
Glad to see I am not the only one.

damo666

#1805 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Worcej -

Firstly regarding the SK. I list the possibles and highly unlikelies because this is what we have hard(ish) evidence for from voting patterns. Certainly harder than any evidence to identify scum, the latter deriving more from interpretation and 'feel'.

Regarding the vig I was angry and admit I shouldn't have said 'stand up and be counted', that was just spur of the moment plain stupid.

Btw are you having your own back at me because of previous games and you know I can't vote for you? [lol]

damo666

#1806 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm

brain stop being so vain, if people townclear you for your uncountered Gamora claim there is no pointing going into any more depth.

Regarding Fox's reads, yes there are some similarities between his and mine and there also some differences. Be rather surprising otherwise (even contrived) wouldn't it?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1807 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:35 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 am

Why did you think you'd die?
I was cagey on the first day but let me now be explicit - my interaction with worcej on D1 could be interpreted as either a PR-slip/stone-slip or "Flash is a moron" scum/SK slip.

This is why I am suspicious of darg/Squiggs...as I am sure both saw this interaction (I am assuming damo missed it). Neither darg or Squigs mentioned this slip - surely if you thought I scum/SK slipped you would mention it as an important piece of evidence? In voting for me Squigs didn't give **any** evidence at all (he said something like "someone else gave the evidence - that is why I am voting for flash")...then Squigs gave a very weak excuse to move away from me (suggesting he only voted me because I was still on BB, it wasn't due to any evidence - that doesn't sound very consistent). It also feels like Squigs interaction is of a shallower level than last game which just **feels** wrong. Darg's analysis appears to be making so sense at all (e.g. like the stuff about BB). There could be other reasons why he is acting scum...but I know a scum strategy is to throw doubt on things which are obviously true.

I am not of course going to confirm or deny whether I am PR/have a stone or not as that could be validated by scum. If I am a PR I am screwed anyway. If I am not a PR, it is good for town if I draw in a night kill.

If I am not trusted and I make it into tomorrow I would encourage whoever has the mind stone to check me out. If we do that at least everyone will have the same information about me.
Yeah, I saw it... just because I didn't shout about it doesn't mean I didn 't notice it. Voted for you to see if you dropped any hints.
You didn't.
##vote flash2015
It was an important piece of evidence. Why **wouldn't** you mention it?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1808 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:55 pm

y2kjbk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am
BismarckAlive wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am
Now, with 2 Town dead, the numbers are changing, and I like numbers.
So, 16 Town, 4 Mafia and 1 SK means almost 20% chance of lynching scum is less than last game at D2 (where we got Ninja!). But it is still doable. So, who did Vecna argue against, and vote against? I am going to have dinner now, so will answer that question later my time.
Bismarck has no problem lynching town-clears?
Are you normally this into dumb gotchas?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1809 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 pm

@Worcej, I don't understand your reasoning on BB. If another person was Gamora, why wouldn't they have already claimed by now? If they had done it early in the day, we could have easily verified with the mind stone...and we would have had a guaranteed scum target. Any late in the day Gamora CC to save themselves should be ignored.

yavuzovic

#1810 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Rocket Raccoon (Item Smith)

You are Rocket Raccoon aka “Rabbit”! You are the town item smith! Each night, until you run out of items, you may visit a player and that player will receive a random item from your item pool. Items in your item pool are immune to the item thief. You may target yourself, you may not give an item to the same person twice in a row. Your item pool at the beginning of the game is 1. Hadron Enforcer (one shot gun) 2. Cybernetic Eye (one shot cop scan) 3. Bottle of blue liquid (one shot role block) 4. Holographic Spacesuit (one shot armor, only good for shots not NK’s) 5. Aero-Rig (one shot “commute” (leave the game for a phase, same as time stone essentially )) 6. Some guys prosthetic leg (has no use, but is still an item) Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

As you can see, unfortunately item Smith can't give what they want. They give a random item. Who knows, maybe they have already given some guys prosthetic leg.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1811 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Brain, we are absolutely not choosing what the wagons are at this point in the day. Early clears suck because they stifle information and then die before they're useful.

yavuzovic

#1812 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 pm
@Worcej, I don't understand your reasoning on BB. If another person was Gamora, why wouldn't they have already claimed by now? If they had done it early in the day, we could have easily verified with the mind stone...and we would have had a guaranteed scum target. Any late in the day Gamora CC to save themselves should be ignored.
I believe Brain Gamora claim because I called for real Gamora to claim but nobody claimed, I was ready to believe anyone but as nobody claimed, brain is Gamora in my mind.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1813 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 pm
I believe Brain Gamora claim because I called for real Gamora to claim but nobody claimed, I was ready to believe anyone but as nobody claimed, brain is Gamora in my mind.
Absolutely, yes.

worcej

#1814 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm

@Damo - I have no spite for you from last game. We won as town and I was willing to die to prove my innocence. I am just commenting that you are hyper focused on the SK while not actively looking for the scum team or trying to really identify those players. Scum is the most dangerous to the town right now, however I agree that the SK is the most powerful person right now and while Gamora is alive they are at least neutered enough to not be priority targeted.

@flash - I am not saying he isn’t Gamora, but that I am cautiously optimistic he is. It’s brain we are talking about here...

@yavu - that is why I had the word ‘hopefully’ to my statement - who knows what someone got this past night. Odds are the item smith wasn’t Vecna, but we shall not know what he was and it would be tragic if we lost the chance at them.

brainbomb

#1815 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Im out fishin right now. What do you guys think of HR so far

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1816 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 pm
Im out fishin right now. What do you guys think of HR so far
Fine, but easy af to fake.

WarLegend

#1817 Post by WarLegend » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 pm

GM Note:
-------------------------------------------
Iron man was deep in his 2nd bottle of tequila after killing his invention and ally, Vision.
As he finished the bottle and got up to start his 3rd (at 10 am) he hears a sound downstairs. "This must be scum!" he shouts. Putting on his suit, guns blazing, he puts his hand up to shoot at the shadowy Figure ....

Natasha: Wait, it's me don't Sho-....

Stark shoots.

ChippeRock has DIED, He was Natasha Romanoff, The Town Tracker!

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1818 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Why vig????

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1819 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:38 pm
Here is the quote I am looking for:

"My Flash vote has served its purpose to put pressure on Flash"

You claimed there was evidence against me yet this implies that you moved off me because I changed my vote. Which is it?
The pressure had nothing to do with your vote. I could care less who you joke vote in the first 24 hours of day 1. It's a common tactic to vote someone earlier on day 1 to see how they react. Do they get defensive, OMGUS, ignore you, post a defence? My vote on you was because you did some scummy things and I wanted to explore that more to help me form an accurate read of you.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1820 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 pm

This is the complete opposite of last game - anything that can go wrong, has gone wrong for town.