MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#921 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:34 am
BAD BUNNIES (Scumreads & SK reads:)
Squigs of course - I stated before but nobody followed me, Squigs townslipped, but this was too obvious and I don't think he didn't know SK can't be nightkilled. I didn't see anything scummy about his interactions but this was something only serial killer bunnies would say. I'll quote it once to show you:
"Message - Squigs44
Squigs44
Day-1 55:27
page 14
↑xorxes: "Now SK should claim, since they can't win anyway unless Mafia wants to let them win."

Why would SK claim? He would just get NKd and the scum team gets the power stone. The only thing SK claiming does is help scum."
Sorry for weird qoute, I took this from my post at peterbot page.
I still cant figure this logic out, and it seems others can't too as a couple people have disagreed with you, so help me out here.
First off, I literally just had a brainfart and was thinking Mafia would NK anyone they knew had a stone, forgetting SK can't be NKd.

If I were SK, why would I fake forgetting? How does that give me any towncred? All roles have the same information regarding the mechanics of SK. If I were going to make a contrived townslip, why this and not something that could actually get towncred?
There's no way you don't understand that faking misunderstanding of a role's mechanics makes you seem less likely to be that role. This is some grade A bullshit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#922 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm
y2kjbk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm
So how about you join me in voting for him? Or do you still think I'm scum? Did you actually think I was scum when you voted for me? You just thought I had shitty logic.
yes my vote on you was not 100% sincere, your logic was bad and i wanted to pressure you. i dont think my vote will stay on you with your posts aorn.

with the same logic, altho jamie's play style is bad, idk if that warrants a scum intention, especially because the vibe i got from m37 is that that is exactly how he plays as a town.
"altho" is not a word. Cheers.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#923 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Quick notes while at lunch.

I am starting to get more town vibes from Snowy.

I really dislike ND play, but not sure he is scum.

I think Fox and DT interaction it's probably town x town but it's hard to not want to lunch DT. Playing aggressively is a lot different of being rude.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#924 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:53 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:27 pm
It is a gut feel but I believe at least one of these three is either scum or SK:

Squigs44,dargorygel,damo666

There is no evidence at all that I am not town...and there is definitely a suggestion that SK/scum could get lucky if they take me out.

The question is which one?
Town notch +2.6.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#925 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:54 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:56 pm
Oo Fox, have you caught DT out???
No

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#926 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:05 pm
Drop your hard-on for me Damo. Youre wrong again, and I really dont wanna have your teeth in my ankle again for the rest of the game.

Jamiet, why do you feel the need to constantly attack people that are questioning me, or to like, defend me? I mean, its sorta nice I guess, but I didnt hire a secretary.

Yavuz, Ive talked about snowie repeatedly. Its a meta-read. Its a read because he was slimy around Worcej, and as soon as he realized he caught a town-important-person (which he knew because he is scum) he backed off and tried to get as far away from it as possible. Town would respond to it by "lol scumslip", he knew what was up and tried to distance very fast because he already got the information he needs to NK a VIP slot. That combined with his posting style - Town-snowie knows how to towntell very well in elaborate well thought out posts that make it obvious he is town. None of that is happening here. Also, he is conveniently ignoring all my posts because he knows im right. Check the difference with PeterLund for example last game, who went full-on fuck-you vecna on the defence. He's just trying to talk his way around it, hoping others wont vote alongside me. He did the exact same thing when I caught him and his scumbuddy Peterlund as scum a long time ago before you started playing.
That second paragraph is scummy af

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#927 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm
Hey Y2K, what's your Mafia experience? Have you played before? Here, or elsewhere? Have you been scum before? Did you win?
Only when I carry him. Usually he's too heavy.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#928 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 pm
I actually agree with DT there that the "slip" looked fake as fuck.

If youre a new player, and you mess up like that you feel embarassed, like you just made a fool of yourself. If youre a scum and you did it intentionally for towncred, you go in on it some more and you act defiant and ask the GM to clarify it to drive the point home that you "really didnt know, honestly".

I know because I did the exact same thing in my first game here on webdip. Boy did it work well.
Nah, Chippe's just like that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#929 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:44 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:41 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:32 pm
my dear Jamie, if I went around asking myself why I do all the things I do then I'd never get anything done
Well I have to say, I'm completely convinced by this defence. Clearly Snowy is 100% town and anyone who says otherwise should be policy lynched.
^ Joking of course. But seriously, why would you have to ask yourself the reasons for your actions? Surely you should know what you are doing? If you constantly find you're asking yourself "oh, why did I just do that? I have no idea why I do anything?" then you probably need to seek therapy, or treatment for early-onset dementia.

What you are actually saying, I purport, is that you don't want to explain your real motivation, so in order to respond properly to me, you'd need to fabricate a convincing reason for your behaviour, and you're too lazy to do that.

Scum.
Lol

yavuzovic

#930 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:05 pm

##vote bo
Why?
Because q qqqq qq qqqqq qqqq qq qqq, and
1) His case with me was pretty suspect. He said I'm bussed. I don't understand why he said that.
2) He lurked after he went to work, he said "I wish I didn't have to go to work". If someone says that, we expect them to turn back as soon as possible. He didn't. I hope he didn't have an accident on the way. :cry:
3) "Are you idiots fucking with me there's 19 goddamn pages after five fucking hours" well I admit I looked for more evidence :eyeroll: but anyway isn't that what a scum who can't find what to say would say ha! I remember I didn't find what to say when I was scum at BB's game. They need to start like a town, what makes them make mistakes.

brainbomb

#931 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Vig please shoot ghug tonight. Hes actively spamming the game

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#932 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:05 pm
ND wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 am

It's a good question and my answer is not a very good one. I just don't know. It's kind of confusing how this is all set up, but at the end of the day all we have is his words on it. You know? Everyone has to make their own decision based on that and the rules of the game.
Is this post real?
That's all any of ND's posts have really been. Fluff that uses a lot of words to say absolutely nothing of value.
ND is very stupid, but it's not like him to avoid drawing conclusions from things.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#933 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:11 pm

I think Vecna used the term "mongoloid" in an attempt to buddy with ND via 19th century racism.

#slaveryisover

brainbomb

#934 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Why are you blanketing an already huge game with random unhelpful thought smatterings?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#935 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Thus concludes ghug's catch-up live blog. Thank you for watching.

Nobody else was talking anyway, brain, and like 60% of the posts were productive.

brainbomb

#936 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:18 pm

I disagree and find your current behavior to be more in line with confident scumlord than concerned investigator.

I sentence you to death by vig vig

Jamiet99uk

#937 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 pm
Whereas you only ever make short and highly succinct posts, and then only when you've got something really important to say... amirite?

brainbomb

#938 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 pm
Whereas you only ever make short and highly succinct posts, and then only when you've got something really important to say... amirite?
Yes but what would compel town ghug to adopt my playstyle? Your criticism is fair of me but its highly irregular from him and is not something id expect. Ghug filling a page with musings. Hes been gutter trash worthless so far and his pushes are lifeless beyond measure. Please fucking shoot him.

yavuzovic

#939 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Another fight between Jamie and Brain

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#940 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:26 pm

Although I see the merit in the snowy and Bo trains, I prefer the Ezio train over those two. My Flash vote has served its purpose to put pressure on Flash. Still think he is scummy, but doesn't look like that train is gonna leave the station today.

Ezios posts have been useless. Furthermore, when ghug pointed out that his question about the most important post was obvious, he said that he knew it was obvious and it was a low probablility way to catch someone who gave a bad answer. Ezio didn't even follow up that argument with a more productive question or comment, he just tried to argue that he was being more productive than it seemed.

Snowy on the other hand, has been joking around, and has admitted and owned up to voting or posting with little reasoning. My impression is that he could be town and instead of trying to come up with some far-fetched reasoning on who to vote on the little information we have D1, he is shaking things up and testing out people's reactions. Snowy could still very likely be scum, but I like his tone better than Ezio's.

##vote Ezio