MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#781 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:40 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:37 am
I'm confused, how is any of what I said a townslip?
If you were mafia, you would definitely know that mafia knows their teammates. So unless you are faking, you wouldn't have made that post unless you aren't mafia.

ChippeRock

#782 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 am

I'm going to read DoubtingThomas as a moderate scum. He seems overly suspicious trying to plant the scum seed in people's minds.

ChippeRock

#783 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:40 am
ChippeRock wrote:
If you were mafia, you would definitely know that mafia knows their teammates. So unless you are faking, you wouldn't have made that post unless you aren't mafia.
Where does it say Mafia know the other Mafia members on D1? ##CALL GM, please confirm this.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#784 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 am
I'm going to read DoubtingThomas as a moderate scum. He seems overly suspicious trying to plant the scum seed in people's minds.
Wait, you are scumreading him because he is trying to convince others someone is scum? That's literally the whole point of this game.

ChippeRock

#785 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 am

ChippeRock wrote:
[quote=Squigs44 post_id=28125 time=<a href="tel:1533696027">1533696027</a> user_id=3497]
[quote=ChippeRock post_id=28124 time=<a href="tel:1533695858">1533695858</a> user_id=108]
[/quote]

If that's true my Mafia snowy conspiracy theory has some merit...

Where does it say Mafia know the other Mafia members on D1? ##CALL GM, please confirm this.
[/quote]

ChippeRock

#786 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 am

Squigs44 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#787 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:48 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
That's how it's been done in previous games on this site.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#789 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 am
What's your conspiracy theory? I always love a good conspiracy theory.

RagingIke297

#790 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
Mafia members received a link to the Mafia QT, the QT contains the names of the other mafia members and their roles

DoubtingThomas

#791 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 am
##VOTE Ezio
Yo you wanna participate of sumthin before u vote

ChippeRock

#792 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 am
[quote=ChippeRock post_id=28131 time=<a href="tel:1533696388">1533696388</a> user_id=108]
What's your conspiracy theory? I always love a good conspiracy theory.
[/quote]

Here it is:
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 am
I betcha several of the people on the snowy wagon are scum and will switch from snowy to someone else last minute... Snowy would be scum in that scenario as well.

ChippeRock

#793 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 am

##CALL GM

Could you give us an update on the status of Hellenic Riot?

WarLegend

#794 Post by WarLegend » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 am

GM note: mafia know each other but can’t talk before N1. (Also hi I’m the co mod feel free to PM me with questions )

DoubtingThomas

#795 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:07 am

ChippeRock you are so cute

Btw u r town now for me

ND

#796 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 am

I find it hard to believe we are nearly on page 40 and it’s been just a little over 24 hours. But, whatever let’s dive in. I mean a lot of this runs together after 40 pages. These are my thoughts (as clearly as I can distill them):

Ezio’s post on page 21 is very antagonistic. He buddys up to Ghug and Xorxes. And then just pokes my eye to be a dick. At least Vecna called him out on this. Then he votes Chippie on Page 22 and lol no reason. Ofc no one gives a fuck except the guy getting voted on by him. I can see a scenario in which Ezio is scum. His posts eerily echo Jamie’s posts on Page 23. Jamie comes in and just goes on a rant about me and pokes me in the eye? So, I can never be suspicious of Jamie because I am scum if I am suspicious of him. Do you all see how he slyly pulled that? It’s confirmation bias and now Jamie is setting up a situation where if I ever question him then I must be scum? That is not scum hunting that is making yourself a victim and trying to make yourself immune from a range of questions. It serves no purpose other than to set up a situation to vinciate yourself. It’s only purpose is self-serving and for that reason it is scum-indicative in a big way. Both of these cases are examples of when we have to question player motivations. Why do this? How does it serve the town? How does it help anything?

I’m not going to get back into the whole Ghug/Brainbomb thing from last night other than to make this remark about it. Notice how Brainbomb actually defended Ghug from my posts. Ghug actually references this which is surprising to me. Contrast how Brainbomb went after me for saying I disliked joke posting to how he pretty much ignored Yav for saying something similar. Contrast that with how he has had tunnel vision against anything I say but ignores others who say similar things? Why is this important? Again, it comes to player motivation. What is Brainbomb’s motivations in these instances. How do they further town discourse? Does Brainbomb even care about town discourse? He after all voted to end the phase so the question must be raised why? Same goes for Chippie. On Page 22 he voted to end discussion. Why? What is the motivation to end a vibrant discussion?

A lot of the day discussion so far since I last posted has been about meta reads and cases. I’ll be the first to admit there are some remarks that I like. Some meta reads that players made that I agree with. I share them because I have played games with those people before and patterns are emerging which make me question their motivations and compare it to past games. This can be useful as a tool, but it runs the risk of placing things in a box because it has to fit, right? If we continue to play yesterday’s game then we ignore today’s game. Do these meta reads and cases actually outweigh things with physical evidence from this game. Do they outweigh what we have gained already? I don’t think so that is why I am wary. Look at Vecna’s push and case on Snowy. Maybe it’s a valid case and meta read on him, but does it outweigh the example and case we have on Fox? I don’t think so. I’m a bit confused why Vecna would even want a unanimous wagon. That in itself limits discussion and makes it so difficult to analyze the thread. If everyone group thinks it allows the mafia to blend in and makes later analysis of the game in the late stages impossible.

Fox’s post on 25 is just a justification for his specific actions. I still find his motivations to be suspect and it’s probably the best set of evidence for D1 so far in my opinion. It’s an actual tangible thread that can be followed unlike these other cases most of which are meta and not based on factual thread evidence. Honestly, my vote on you is because it’s the best set of evidence in the game for scum-indicative play. What you said sounds like an afterthought justification for your actions and I don’t think it is explanatory. I don’t agree with it. I disagree with Ghug’s post on Page 30. His Page 30 post is just so bad. He wants to just wave away the whole Fox argument although that is the strongest piece of tangible evidence in the game and blame the guy who was called out by Fox’s scum-indicative play. This is arguably interference. It’s subtle but it is there.

RagingIke297

#797 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:12 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 am
##CALL GM

He has read his role PM

ChippeRock

#798 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:15 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:12 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 am
##CALL GM

He has read his role PM
So he's a lurker... Interesting...

bozotheclown

#799 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:17 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 am
##VOTE Ezio
Yo you wanna participate of sumthin before u vote
I think ghug and xorxes are probably town that believe Ezio is scum, or if I am wrong about either ghug and xorxes, they are probably bussing Ezio, so either way there is a good chance Ezio is scum.

ChippeRock

#800 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 am

ND wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 am
I find it hard to believe we are nearly on page 40 and it’s been just a little over 24 hours. But, whatever let’s dive in. I mean a lot of this runs together after 40 pages. These are my thoughts (as clearly as I can distill them):

Ezio’s post on page 21 is very antagonistic. He buddys up to Ghug and Xorxes. And then just pokes my eye to be a dick. At least Vecna called him out on this. Then he votes Chippie on Page 22 and lol no reason. Ofc no one gives a fuck except the guy getting voted on by him. I can see a scenario in which Ezio is scum. His posts eerily echo Jamie’s posts on Page 23. Jamie comes in and just goes on a rant about me and pokes me in the eye? So, I can never be suspicious of Jamie because I am scum if I am suspicious of him. Do you all see how he slyly pulled that? It’s confirmation bias and now Jamie is setting up a situation where if I ever question him then I must be scum? That is not scum hunting that is making yourself a victim and trying to make yourself immune from a range of questions. It serves no purpose other than to set up a situation to vinciate yourself. It’s only purpose is self-serving and for that reason it is scum-indicative in a big way. Both of these cases are examples of when we have to question player motivations. Why do this? How does it serve the town? How does it help anything?

I’m not going to get back into the whole Ghug/Brainbomb thing from last night other than to make this remark about it. Notice how Brainbomb actually defended Ghug from my posts. Ghug actually references this which is surprising to me. Contrast how Brainbomb went after me for saying I disliked joke posting to how he pretty much ignored Yav for saying something similar. Contrast that with how he has had tunnel vision against anything I say but ignores others who say similar things? Why is this important? Again, it comes to player motivation. What is Brainbomb’s motivations in these instances. How do they further town discourse? Does Brainbomb even care about town discourse? He after all voted to end the phase so the question must be raised why? Same goes for Chippie. On Page 22 he voted to end discussion. Why? What is the motivation to end a vibrant discussion?

A lot of the day discussion so far since I last posted has been about meta reads and cases. I’ll be the first to admit there are some remarks that I like. Some meta reads that players made that I agree with. I share them because I have played games with those people before and patterns are emerging which make me question their motivations and compare it to past games. This can be useful as a tool, but it runs the risk of placing things in a box because it has to fit, right? If we continue to play yesterday’s game then we ignore today’s game. Do these meta reads and cases actually outweigh things with physical evidence from this game. Do they outweigh what we have gained already? I don’t think so that is why I am wary. Look at Vecna’s push and case on Snowy. Maybe it’s a valid case and meta read on him, but does it outweigh the example and case we have on Fox? I don’t think so. I’m a bit confused why Vecna would even want a unanimous wagon. That in itself limits discussion and makes it so difficult to analyze the thread. If everyone group thinks it allows the mafia to blend in and makes later analysis of the game in the late stages impossible.

Fox’s post on 25 is just a justification for his specific actions. I still find his motivations to be suspect and it’s probably the best set of evidence for D1 so far in my opinion. It’s an actual tangible thread that can be followed unlike these other cases most of which are meta and not based on factual thread evidence. Honestly, my vote on you is because it’s the best set of evidence in the game for scum-indicative play. What you said sounds like an afterthought justification for your actions and I don’t think it is explanatory. I don’t agree with it. I disagree with Ghug’s post on Page 30. His Page 30 post is just so bad. He wants to just wave away the whole Fox argument although that is the strongest piece of tangible evidence in the game and blame the guy who was called out by Fox’s scum-indicative play. This is arguably interference. It’s subtle but it is there.
I felt very strongly Vecna was scum but now I'm not as sure... This "vibrant" discussion has resulted in everyone being unable to decide who's scum based on how the vote has turned out thus far.