MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#1081 Post by peterlund » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:45 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:16 pm
1-2. Why would you not provide quick reads when asked? What is the benefit to town waiting for end of day?
I have not done an ISOs yet. I have written a fast list from the top of my head, but is there any point publishing that one? I normally do much deeper analysis before I put forward a read list. (maybe that is bad)
teacher2 wrote:
3. What have you done to advance town win-con in the first 115 hours of the game (i.e., until you came online just now)?
I have pointed you out as scummy. I think that is my only real contribution so far. Been questioning Brain and Vecna. But now I actually think Brain and Jamie are ok. You and Vecna are my top scum reads.
teacher2 wrote:
4. What gives you the creeps? Can you actually make a case?
I have already made a case EoD1. I will ISO you before EoD2, be sure of that...

Foxcastle

#1082 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:42 pm
Did I miss some miraculous evolution on Yavuz coming to townread Brain?
Okay, it was miraculous indeed. Going from a Yavuz vote for Brainbomb (with an end-vote for emphasis, even!) to believing BB is town because he's claimed werewolf and SK, but has not claimed town yet, and because he believes BB's roleblock claim.

I still think Yavuz is scummy, but this actually kinda softens the case on him for me. I think if he were scum and trying to get BB killed, he would stick it out. The wild swings in opinion is more in line with what I think town Yavuz looks like.

teacher2

#1083 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm

I look forward to the case. All you said EoD1 is that I am playing different from how I played 2 months ago. I disagree, but also think that's NAI unless you can also add a scum motivation for the difference.

Why it is bad to wait on posting is because it does not advance the game:

1. People (myself DEF included) scumread lurking. Votes can become parked on you, like Damos.

2. People cannot react to your thoughts to inform their own. (here, Vecna and Flash influenced my read on you heavily by pointing out facts I was missing. You havent affected my, or anyone's thoughts, because you havent posted them.

I'll repeat that I am likely offline in 2.5 hours myself, so hope we can interact more in what time we have left.

DoubtingThomas

#1084 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Okay, it was miraculous indeed. Going from a Yavuz vote for Brainbomb (with an end-vote for emphasis, even!) to believing BB is town because he's claimed werewolf and SK, but has not claimed town yet, and because he believes BB's roleblock claim.

I still think Yavuz is scummy, but this actually kinda softens the case on him for me. I think if he were scum and trying to get BB killed, he would stick it out. The wild swings in opinion is more in line with what I think town Yavuz looks like.

what? I dont think there was any way any one was going to convince people to lynch BB

Foxcastle

#1085 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Worcej, you mentioned that your vote for thedipplayer was to avoid a tie.

The peterbot vote record indicates that your vote actually caused a 3-way tie between Brainbomb, thedipplayer, and Peter, with 4 votes each. But there was a misformatted vote that the GMs were recognizing that the peterbot didn't pick up? I can't find that...

Also, there were more than 30 minutes left before EOD. Don't you think it was a little premature to be worried about ties? Still plenty of time for people to shift around...

Foxcastle

#1086 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:59 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

what? I dont think there was any way any one was going to convince people to lynch BB
Why not?

teacher2

#1087 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm
The peterbot vote record indicates that your vote actually caused a 3-way tie between Brainbomb, thedipplayer, and Peter, with 4 votes each. But there was a misformatted vote that the GMs were recognizing that the peterbot didn't pick up? I can't find that...
the PeterBot didnt pick up Peter's vote here

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1088 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:05 pm
Peter will flip town
This reeks of an I told you so coming later. This combined with yavs miraculous change of his BB vote has me wanting to switch my vote over, especially since no one else is keen on worcej. I'd much rather have Yav than Peter lynched.

Foxcastle

#1089 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:07 pm

I'll join you on Worcej, Squiggs, I think he'd be an interesting flip. ##vote worcej

I'm also willing to vote for Yavuz, but I would prefer he had a chance to defend himself... I think his reaction could be informative.

brainbomb

#1090 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:17 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

AHAHAHAHA is this even real? how can you possibly have such an outrageously positive opinion of my survival ability. I was by far the easiest lynch yesterday and even easier today.

Dishonesty is always justifiable grounds for lynching someone.

teacher2

#1091 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:22 pm

What is the Worcej case? That he untied wagons? EoD1 was a cluster - probably a scum jumped to thedip, but why Worcej? I dont see it at all.

I'll join you both on Yav if you want.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1092 Post by peterlund » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Figured out I need to post now. I have on ISO on Teacher coming up next. Maybe I do others too.

1. BismarckAlive : Silent Newbie Scum : Been voting me both days together with Vecna and Damo.
2. bozotheclown: Town : I've seen him playing scum and scummy town. Now he seems solid town for once.
3. brainbomb: Town. Irratic (as usual), but my gut says that this may be the towny Brain. Do not believe any of his statements. He is probably not the SK.
4. damo666 : Lazy Scum : Following Vecnas lead onto voting me.
5. DemonRHK/Squigs44 : Town: Demon saying nothing means just that "Nothing". Squigs came in like a full blood towny, but I have no meta on this guy. He could be a pro-Mafia player fooling us all. But it was apparently a long while since he played last so I hope he has lost the trick toolbox and that I can trust my instincts about him.
6. DoubtingThomas : Town. He appears really like a town newbie. A newbie scum would not say so much.
7. DrCJG: Traitor, RIP
8. flash2015: Town. Another good newbie that is talkative. Clear town feeling.
9. Foxcastle: Town.
10. Jamiet99uk: Town
11. peterlund: Lazy Town
12. RagingIke297 : Town RIP
13. rdrivera2005 : Town. A bit silent this game too. He is hard to read but I'd say that he is town in this game.
14. teacher2: Scum. From the little meta I have on this guy, things do not feel right about him in this game. The first thing was what I pointed out in my case on him EoD1, his screwed up reasoning that the tracker should hard claim and the motivation for this did not hold. There were no visible benifits and the cost was high. Then he was waisting town hunt time on probability discussions (again this is what scum do, waisting town time).
The new main thing that has come out now, is how fast he moved his vote away from me EoD1 after I accused him for being scum. Why such a sudden change? I think the real reason is that scum Teacher did not want to be seen as instrumental in my lynch since he knew that I was not on his team. Most persons without this knowledge would have stayed on and continued to vote me. (see my ISO on him below)
15. thedipplayer: Town RIP
16. Vecna: Lazy Scum. Tunneling bad on me. He probably does this to cover up for not reading the thread with open eyes. He already knows who his scum mates are. Teacher and one of Damo and Bismark. He has no incentive to read, so then better tunnel on me.
17. worcej: Town. He votes me but he is just a newbie fooled by scum.
18. yavuzovic: Town. Hard to understand, but the things I get sounds very town!yav to me.

Vecna

#1093 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm

I feel Worcej and Yavuz are both rather obvious town. So is doubting Thomas in my book. All their interactions feel rather genuine.

Peter doesnt seem to really care about his lynch though, which might be an act, but also has me feeling uncomfortable.

teacher2

#1094 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Oh for the love Peter?! You really think all scum vote on the same wagon??

teacher2

#1095 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm
I feel Worcej and Yavuz are both rather obvious town. So is doubting Thomas in my book. All their interactions feel rather genuine.

Peter doesnt seem to really care about his lynch though, which might be an act, but also has me feeling uncomfortable.
Tell me about Yavuz.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1096 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm

My feelings about worcej are about his votes and what he said about those players. His first vote was for someone that he had a null read. His second vote pushed the wagon off of Peter onto thedip. I'm more or less okay with his move there, but his comment about knowing thedip was town after he flipped was scummy. He didnt commit to either of his votes.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1097 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:17 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

AHAHAHAHA is this even real? how can you possibly have such an outrageously positive opinion of my survival ability. I was by far the easiest lynch yesterday and even easier today.

This may my obvious L0 understanding of the game but - why would it be more possible you get lynched today? You have provided no new information today to lynch you with. If yav was scum trying to mis-lynch someone he is not convincing anyone with him and Jamie just sitting on you (the "tunneling" argument has been effective). If he was scum better to get onto another mislynch target (if potentially he was trying to save Peter).

Vecna

#1098 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Yo peter, since youre aknowledging youre not doing shit, how about you get some reads that arent based on "this guy is voting me, so he must be scum".

Because you really cannot call others lazy, and scummy, while you have given them no reason to NOT scumread you. It makes zero fucking sense, and makes me really not want to unvote you even though this wagon feels all kinds of itchy.

Also give this shit about me not reading the thread a rest, its getting really old.

teacher2

#1099 Post by teacher2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:17 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like new!Brain.

Vecna

#1100 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:33 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Tell me about Yavuz.
His eratic shifting on a whim is exactly what id expect of a town player, not of scum. Scum rarely ever do that, since theyre fraid of getting attacked for changing their mind all of a sudden. Id especially not expect that from a player like Yavuz (no offense meant).

I was scum with him in that game where I roleplayed Ceasar, and he was awkward, afraid and timid. I see none of that here. This yavuz is like a tiger in comparison. Maybe he learned, its possible - but even then I wouldnt expect him to suddenly play so fearlessly and just slam us with his opinions in the way he is doing.