MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#381 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:44 pm

I received my role pm in the window of time that usually gms send the vt pms out. Was around 45 min mark. Gms like ND send pms to mafia and pr first to get the qt links and complicated stuff out first. The later pms sent in an hour are usually the vts.

brainbomb

#382 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Mine was received at 33. Not 45.

But still thats the back half of gm priority.

I was player 1 on the signups so getting my pm at 33 after either means on the rand I rolled in the latter half of the list, or that im vt.

No other explanation is valid

brainbomb

#383 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Why didnt Jamie want me modkilled? Would that expose him mid phase and ruin his plans?

Yep

RagingIke297

#384 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:49 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:38 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:30 pm
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:15 pm
I dont the people on brain are moving off...
-snip-
I don't think DoubtingThomas moving off constitutes "people", he's just one person
Then what was your point here? If you agree Brain is likely to remain a viable wagon, what were you trying to say?
Thats the point, I think he'll be a wagon at EOD, which isn't common to have a wagon build and sustain like that D1. It's either going to be BB or whoever rest of us can get on board with, and I foresee several more people on BB so everyone else is going to need consolidate well.

teacher2

#385 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:49 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm
GENERAL RULES

0. The GM reserves the right to adjudicate individual scenarios that arise during the course of the game at his discretion.

2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots of their role PMs.

6. All players are forbidden from cheating.

8. Players and/or teams may not concede the game in public.

ELABORATION

0. Given a lack of omniscience, the GM cannot create a rule to resolve all possible scenarios pre-emptively. To compensate for this, the GM is permitted to resolve a given scenario however they see fit, within the remit of the rules listed above, in the interest of all participants.

2. All role PMs have been posted in the setup information. The point of this rule is to forbid "gaming" the role PMs to determine alignments; after all, the fun of this game is reading people, not outguessing the GM.

6. This is a catch-all rule intended to preserve the spirit of the game. If you are considering saying or doing something that may be against the spirit of the game, message the GM about it before saying/doing it and the GM will let you know whether it is allowed or not.

To clarify further: Players may not copy and paste any game related Mechanics. Players may not doctor, and create fake game related mechanics. Players may not share personal correspondence between GM to player under any circumstances.
Jebus. Cmon man. Youre really making this toxic.

teacher2

#386 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:51 pm

@Ike - OK, so you were supporting my point/post about coalescing? I read the doubting thomas point as undercutting it, but maybe miscommunication.

brainbomb

#387 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 pm

How would someone post screenshots of a role pm? My god whoever wrote those roles had a few screws loose

damo666

#388 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 pm

brain - maybe the PMs are sent in a random order?

RagingIke297

#389 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:51 pm
@Ike - OK, so you were supporting my point/post about coalescing? I read the doubting thomas point as undercutting it, but maybe miscommunication.

I thought that in this post:
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:15 pm
I dont the people on brain are moving off, and I get why they're there even if I disagree. But its getting near time for all the vanity wagons to coalesce.
--Snipped---
You were disagreeing that Brain was going to be a wagon because people were moving off of him

brainbomb

#390 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Anyways point is pretty simple. Ive actively questioned, ive hunted, ive shared reasoning. Thats really all you can do.

I have zero hope for mafia on th8s site continuing. Our player pool has lost so many veterans. Reasoning isnt applied here anymore. We lynch good players here for having a sense of humor.

My goal was to get people to pay attention. At least that was accomplished.

Im rooting for scum at this point because Jamie needs all the help his team can muster

brainbomb

#391 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 pm
brain - maybe the PMs are sent in a random order?
Maybe. Keep tellin yerself that if it justifies you lynching a vt

DoubtingThomas

#392 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm

I do not want to vote Brain

But I might not be able to be on later, so I need to start voting real soon.

@teacher2, who are you going to vote?

brainbomb

#393 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Im ordinary
Fearful of darkfriends, and evildoers
Something something toman head

But what do I know.

Probably a lucky guess right

teacher2

#394 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Im voting Peter, and likely to remain in the (Peter, Bismarck, Fox) pool, although I will go to Brain to secure a lynch.

@Ike - I see the disconnect. I omitted a word. "I dont THINK the people". Sorry.

Jamiet99uk

#395 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Stop tunnelling me plz Brain ok thanx.

If you have any genuine questions please send me a fax message.

Jamiet99uk

#396 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm
I do not want to vote Brain

But I might not be able to be on later, so I need to start voting real soon.

@teacher2, who are you going to vote?
Thomas, I asked you a question on page 16.

Could you answer?

teacher2

#397 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:05 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 pm
Teacher2,

Sorry for late reply, am on vacation with only a phone, so it’s difficult to type a lot nor participate frequently, but I will be back next week to be able to be more involved

To your question, I voted Bismarck not wanting to be a “deciding vote” because he was away for more than 24+ hrs by that point and I wasnt sure if I would be able to get a read/whatnot in time for Bismarck to be back and for me to otherwise cast a meaningful vote

As a newb, I still have no idea who is what, but I dont wanna be voting Brainbomb yet because hes been so active (suspicious indeed, but not too much for me to actually want to vote him) and i dont want to disqualify for not voting

I am down to unvote bismarck, but not sure who to vote
Jamie, FYI, I asked the same question before you did, and he did answer it.

brainbomb

#398 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm
Stop tunnelling me plz Brain ok thanx.

If you have any genuine questions please send me a fax message.
##End

DrCJG

#399 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:06 pm

So... we need to move this to a race between a couple useful wagons or we aren't going to get much out of today's voting. * I see I am now echoing Teacher on this * ... my preferred lynch pool is Fox, Vecna, Worcej, or Yav.... unfortunately I have not been able to finish my updated readlist and I am headed into a meeting but here are my thoughts at this point:

@Teacher2 - I am not sure I see why Bismark makes your lynch pool, can you elaborate?

@Teacher2 - I believe I missed a question from you buried within a read on Brain:
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 am
[*]Brain: Ive talked about him too much already. The meta dive made it seem like his posting here was even more “brainy” than his normal game in either alignment, but certainly more than M30 as scum. @DrCJG – what game in particular did you think it was similar to? Still inclined to townlean based on what felt like genuine vitriol rather than OMGUS.
I am not sure I have a particular game to point to, I believe I had been reading the fantasy sim prior to the game and seen plenty of his wackiness... but I do I remember reading some of what was a fantastical style in prior games leading up to M36. I will try and make a deeper dive into prior games at some point.

@Rdrivera -
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 pm
@DrCJG - Could you give some more reasoning on your town reads and your scum reads?
I have attempted to do so below... but, as I stated before my read summary... I don't have much to go on... call it hedgey if you want... but its D1...

Better than NULL
  • Bozo - Hasn't been particularly active, but he wasn't very active in M36 either... it will be interesting to see how he votes at EoD (note: I started a mislynch on him in M36 cause he seemed opportunistic without reasoning).
  • BB - He is aggressive, he is wacky, he is BB. Could he be scum, absolutely. But, I think his style gets reactions and causes movement... which isn't inherently bad.
  • Jamiet - His anger seems genuine regardless of whether its justified;
  • Teacher - It is teacher, he is always obvious!town... the downside for him is that if he is town he will get NK'd sooner rather than later... if he is scum I will be more suspicious on a later day
NULL
  • Bismark - New player, townslipped with his question about the night visits... not sure i believe it though
  • Damo - Nothing to go off
  • Demon - Literally nothing to go off
  • Peter - I don't think his mentioning of the Jamie/Brain debate being svs is that scummy and he hasn't said much else
  • Ike - posted a little but not very solvey
  • rdrivera - latest post felt a little bit blendy as it seemed to match general opinion and his questions seemed to lack much of a read
Less than NULL
  • Doubting - a quiet new player... though that lastest post asking for who teacher will vote for felt extra scummy
  • Flash - Even though he is a new player he seems far too smart to also be such a follower
  • Fox - [Forthcoming]
  • TheDip - [Forthcoming]
  • Vecna - as I said before, he seemed to come out of his shit posting with middle of the road views, claims in response to my vote that he provided the most reasoning for his reads of anyone... the reasoning seems to be confined to this post...
    Vecna wrote:
    Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:09 am
    which I feel is pretty limited.
  • Worcej - similar to last game when Worcej was scum he popped in with a couple
  • Yav - I always scumread Yav... interestingly enough, this time I am scum reading him because I think he is acting differently than in his past two games where he was town... he seems more questioning

Jamiet99uk

#400 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Oh thank you Teacher. Hmm ok.

Thomas don't worry, I'll take that answer for now.