M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#2361 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:22 am

There seemed to be a majority of people who agreed that he was town (albeit dislikeable), but a sudden rush of votes doesn't sit right with me - there didn't seem like a lot of discussion about it. Like, Hamilton said that his read was null on ND, and then he votes without saying anything??? Brainbomb had said that he thought ND was a PR and that he would never kill him (2141/108), and you, kgray, didn't say anything about ND in the immediate leadup to this. In fact, you voted bunny 8 minutes before you voted ND - why?
I am hoping I can address a few things here that explain my votes all around. So yesterday I was having the internal argument over the votes. I didn't want to jump on the ND wagon since my early reads of them were town. There were several 2 vote wagons...of those, Maniac's was the one that I felt the least-conflicted with. Harkening back to Worcej's concern that a lot of my scumreads were lowvolume posters. 30 minutes to go, Jamie mentions Yoyo. Hey now, in terms of presence, Yoyo makes for a better wagon than Maniac, in my opinion. Yoyo gave A LOT less than Maniac over the day (frankly gave us nothing), so jump to Yoyo. I suppose I didn't do my part to generate any further interest in them, and no one else was biting. No sense sitting on the vanity, may as well go for a lead. Of the 3 leads, I lean town on teacon, so it came down to ND and Maniac. Of the two, ND was the big distraction to town, hence my vote.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2362 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:09 pm

And I should probably not drunkpost as my final act of the evening. That is when stupid-Brian, who thinks he's funny-Brian, shows up.

worcej

#2363 Post by worcej » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:05 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:01 am
Also, while I recognize that not voting is a shit move, brainbomb, kgray, and hamilton *all* voting ND in rapid succession reeks.
Why?
There seemed to be a majority of people who agreed that he was town (albeit dislikeable), but a sudden rush of votes doesn't sit right with me - there didn't seem like a lot of discussion about it. Like, Hamilton said that his read was null on ND, and then he votes without saying anything??? Brainbomb had said that he thought ND was a PR and that he would never kill him (2141/108), and you, kgray, didn't say anything about ND in the immediate leadup to this. In fact, you voted bunny 8 minutes before you voted ND - why?
I like this post a lot.

Fluminator

#2364 Post by Fluminator » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:27 am
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:22 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:16 am

Jesus. Uh town is celaph definitely cause of the QT thing. You might be the second but I don't really want to elaborate on why because you seem good at adjusting your game and also fairly easy to read right now.. If you want another I think Jamie for the PM thing and for using his thirty posts on petty shit that came to mind. I also like Durga and worcej a little bit and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Scum #1 is probably damo cause I understand his thought processes more than I should? #2 a Chaqa/Maniac yeah is kinda plausible cause Maniac is useless and Chaqa could have saved him. I also have issues with both Flum and brain.
What's your issue with Flum?
He said I was playing to my scum meta but didn't want to vote for me.

a) I think I'm not, and b) I think town Flum sees going after me as a worthwhile challenge if he thinks I'm scum. We're also not agreeing on everything, which is what usually happens.
You still are. I know you're kind of tired of being scum and I'm getting hints of boredom and disengagement this game. You're making up for it by policy killing ND and shitposting more than normal but you are not near as proactive as normal.

I'll never kill you day 1. And there are reasons you could still be town I can think of but I don't love the reaction that you say you think you're playing normally.

Fluminator

#2365 Post by Fluminator » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:18 pm

@Vecna

Usually your catchup posts involve a lot of town hunting, but literally every post in your last stream was throwing shade on someone different.

Fluminator

#2366 Post by Fluminator » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Still confused why Teacon dropped off the face of the earth. Cone back Teacon, I want to townread you.

Fluminator

#2367 Post by Fluminator » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:24 pm

The grace period for Yoyo and Vash is over. They need to start posting tomorrow.

worcej

#2368 Post by worcej » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:50 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:12 pm
If we can't kill ND, we should kill brain or Maniac or worcej.
what happened to low hanging fruit votes eh ghug?
Also, I am now townread but an hour into EOD you wanted me to be killed?

Can you take a moment and explain the logical change ghug?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2369 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:12 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:05 am

Why?
I like this post a lot.
What exactly do you like about it?

Bonatogether

#2370 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:26 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:26 am

There wasn't exactly time for a lot of discussion about it, since it was right at EOD.
Not even a quick post as to why they were voting? A quick list of reasons that they could then elaborate on more after the flip?

worcej

#2371 Post by worcej » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:20 pm
Still confused why Teacon dropped off the face of the earth. Cone back Teacon, I want to townread you.
Weekend night phase. I give people passes for night phases in general.

worcej

#2372 Post by worcej » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:25 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:12 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

I like this post a lot.
What exactly do you like about it?
The thought process, especially from a new player that I have no prior experience with.

He is calling out late movement with no explanation, which is good because I am the anti-kgray on this and that unless a claim comes in or something, if a vote is moved you should back it up with reasoning regardless of timing.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2373 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm

I am still leaning on Worcej as town, definitely putting me at odds with others. The opposition between kgray and Worcej around ND has me rethinking kgray to an extent. It's the stupid logic of:

a) ND was town, so there are likely scum on that wagon.

or

b) worcej was pro-ND, as scum, because ND would continue to be a lightning rod and distraction

c) Worcej continues to be town, felt there were stronger candidates (ghug) for elimination.

I am having a different read (more null leaning toward scum) because I don't think I've been in a game with them where they've been anything but scum. Wily, investigative, as usual...and I don't sense a difference between this game or the others.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2374 Post by kgray » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:11 am
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:58 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 pm
@kgray

Why did you change off of teacon, and then not back to him?
Partially because Vecna said teacon is town, and I townread Vecna and trust his reads somewhat. Partially because I think Bunny is scum and he was voting for teacon, and his "happy with where his vote is" post really bugged me. Partially because I thought that town!teacon was more likely to show his towniness to me later than town!ND was, and in the end I'd rather be wrong and have ND out of the game than be wrong and have teacon out of the game.
BunnyGo was already voting for teacon when you voted for teacon, and the other things except what Vecna said seems like they would have been true when you voted for teacon.

Also, the 7 minute push on BunnyGo between taking teacon out of the lead and putting ND in the lead looks suspicious.
Have you read the game or just EOD? Also I specifically said Bunny’s “happy with where my vote is” post before leaving was extra scummy imo, so vecna’s comment wasn’t the only thing that changed.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2375 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 pm

And it wouldn't be the worst thing to flip one of the ND voters D2.

Durga

#2376 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:44 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:27 pm
Vash just vote ND and stop being a loser
Theres quite a lot of irony in this post
Where's the irony?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2377 Post by kgray » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:39 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:52 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 pm
Skimming up to this point, what I've summarised is:

1) There's this whole oddly transparent veneer of sexism coating the whole "hurr durr who toxic" shit, ND's being a bitch, Durga is being dick in response, the responses to them compared to say, shit talk between bb and Jamie is totally different. Bleh. That and how the expectations of players are different, but not going to there at this moment.

2) Damo, you are too chipper and cracked one too many jokes again, ##vote damo

now imma go back and respond to quotes.
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:58 pm
Oh good, no need to move as wagon pushed forwards by self. Statement sitting time then.
That was a weak reason to scum read damo for emc to want to make a statement by ending with his vote on damo instead of one of the top wagons, it makes me think it could be bussing.
This I agree with, emc’s EOD isn’t sitting well with me at all. I also asked him what he thought of teacon at a time when emc was active and it seemed like he took a long time to answer my question, and then hedged on his answer when teacon started getting more votes.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2378 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm

I am having a different read (more null leaning toward scum) because I don't think I've been in a game with them where they've been anything but scum. Wily, investigative, as usual...and I don't sense a difference between this game or the others.
Referring to kgray there; didn't complete my thought.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2379 Post by kgray » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:40 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:07 am
It is possible kgray was distancing from teacon, then moved off of teacon after teacon became the lead wagon when Vecna gave her the opportunity. Hamilton's EOD vote could have been a cross post with kgray as they both voted to save teacon.

In this scenario, I would go with teacon, kgray, Hamilton, damo, emc, and aarodactyl as my top scum suspects.
So all this depends on teacon being scum. If he’s town do you still scumread any of these people?

Durga

#2380 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:45 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:27 am
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:22 am

What's your issue with Flum?
He said I was playing to my scum meta but didn't want to vote for me.

a) I think I'm not, and b) I think town Flum sees going after me as a worthwhile challenge if he thinks I'm scum. We're also not agreeing on everything, which is what usually happens.
You still are. I know you're kind of tired of being scum and I'm getting hints of boredom and disengagement this game. You're making up for it by policy killing ND and shitposting more than normal but you are not near as proactive as normal.

I'll never kill you day 1. And there are reasons you could still be town I can think of but I don't love the reaction that you say you think you're playing normally.
This is a good post and I think it has some merit to it. Ghug now townreading me after scum reading me at the beginning I also don't like. Doesn't seem organic as much as it seems he's picked a view and is trying to justify it after the fact.