M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#1421 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:44 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:32 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm

If you really think that, why did you talk about him feeling disenfranchised when you voted for him? It looks like you're trying to provoke him.
His change of tone feels unnatural and desperate. And if he were town, truly just disliking players and generally a grouch; I think he would probably not change just to appease.
Are you trying to provoke the guy? What good would that do?
ive co gm’d with ND twice. We have no grudges. they way he entered the game saying id shit all over the thread didnt upset me. It did make me wonder why he felt that way however. I dont think id been horrible or disrespectful or overly obnoxious in my early game. I made efforts to gain inroads with people.

And no, my goal isnt to antagonize him. My goal isnt to just murk him for being obnoxious either.

worcej

#1422 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Scum neph thinking he could get ghug killed? Doesnt sound like thats in nephs wheelhouse of bravery
Back when neph was still active that was pretty much how every single game went
Agreed - memory serves me correctly that he tries to be a ‘lead investigator’ as scum

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1423 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:46 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:56 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:01 am

Is this a scumslip lmao?
No... If he's town scum won't kill him because he's good for them, and if he's scum they can't kill him. Ergo scum will never kill ND.
Meh, last time he did this as town the scum team unilaterally decided to make the game more positive for everyone and NK him N1. He was some near unkillable doctor role (Jackyl/hyde game) and was just gambiting to attract NK's on himself.

The thing that gives me pause is, why would he think it would work with (insert scumteam size) scum, who is bound to have at least one person with memories from that game.

Its very possible he's just doing a scum gambit as well, since ND is quite a capable scum player. No idea if he'd have the balls to do it since he mustve known that he'd get the irritation of nearly everyone with a playerlist like this.

On a positive note: even after all the gloating in the game I mentioned that his brilliant ploy stopped not one but two NK's, ND was scum's greatest asset and help us push through many many miskills.
Ohh I do remember that.

There was also a game where he was extremely Trumpy and scum, though.

brainbomb

#1424 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Hes on a trajectory where he was playing with reckless abandon and an attitude that were all just self loving idiots. And now hes playing as if all that matters is how sincere he feels about vash being scum.

Vash isnt exactly the shining star of the game so far either. So ill think about that

Durga

#1425 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:43 pm
##vote Hamilton Brian
Voting someone because they said they spent half a day deciphering a post is recipe for miskill. Especially if you know HB, he's said much worse and been town.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1426 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:47 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:43 pm
##vote Hamilton Brian
Voting someone because they said they spent half a day deciphering a post is recipe for miskill. Especially if you know HB, he's said much worse and been town.
Can’t say I’m confident. Who should I vote for and why?

worcej

#1427 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:19 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:04 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:05 pm

##vote Neph
Here's the thing about town kgray...don't sheep her early reads. I'm 100% with you Vecna, until here.
And why are you shading Kgray's ability on D1? She was one of the driving forces in killing summit D1 in her last towngame, and in the pre-reroll version of the same game she was also a decisive help in killing scum MF D1.

Name some people that have a better record on D1 that I should be sheeping instead? Or offer me a better target instead?

This just seems weird
I for one don’t see any issue with someone sheeping kgray on D1 based on track record.

I do have an issue with you sheeping though - that isn’t normal town!Vecna behavior.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1428 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:51 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:01 am

Oh god please don't do this again.
Jamie trying to improve by talking less is great. Don't complain.
Do you already have a solid read on the slot? I sure dont
I mentioned that his whole thing about the PMs is somewhat town-indicative.

I like Jamie doing this because it means he's trying to improve his town game after years of garbage. I also learned he's not English, which is really great.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1429 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Frankly Balki, I find it pretty sus that through your 18 posts, 3 were dedicated to my translation post and 1 was a defense of ND.

Are you sheeping Flum, or is it the other way around, and why?

worcej

#1430 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:51 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:23 pm
Some people really have a funny mix of complaining how bad my reads are, and then also complaining if I "sheep" other players
Name the players that fall into this description please.

Durga

#1431 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:51 pm

Vecna has absolutely made statements about sheeping people before. What a non issue.

Balkins, vote ND to save America.

Durga

#1432 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:55 pm

The set up doesn't say how many scum there are. Is it 5?

brainbomb

#1433 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:50 pm
Frankly Balki, I find it pretty sus that through your 18 posts, 3 were dedicated to my translation post and 1 was a defense of ND.

this is a strong post

ND

#1434 Post by ND » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:55 pm

“ND: Durga only votes based for personal reasons
Also ND: *first post of the game* ### Durga” (Durga)

Already stated that it was a testing the waters vote. Unlike you I didn’t leave a vote on someone for an entire phase because of a personal dislike. That speaks to your character more than it does to mine. It speaks to you as someone intellectually dishonest and lazy still I don't expect anything better from you so it's NAI.

“I see it as a left turn from how he had been playing. It seems eerily like trying to fit the mould of what hes known for as opposed to just being obnoxious because hes mad” (Brainbomb)

As OBYGYN kept saying to Wjessop in a game, a long time ago, your trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole. I simply wrote my thoughts out. Nuff said.

“Agreed by me here. Also the somewhat stagnant votes on him for this long seem a little off putting, but also I have 16 pages to read so we’ll see if anything develops!” (Worcej)

If you think someone like Durga, who won’t even read the game start post is going to change her vote then you are sadly mistaken. Why she even signs up to play a reading game is beyond me. She just wastes people's time. Let someone play who is actually going to play the game. But enough of my commentary on her. Hopefully she plays in a more reasonable way when I am not around.

“did anything in his long post move the dial for you to scummier or townier?” (Brainbomb)

She probably didn’t even read it dude.

“Is there anything you could do to change that perception?” (Teacon)

If they aren’t willing to accept a modicum of provocation especially after I explained why I did it in my post then they are rigid and uncompromising. They are essentially a bad faith actor at that point.

“What did you get out of it?” (Teacon)

We have been talking about me for what, 50 pages? We have a wealth of material from Durga (some from ghug) about their votes. We’ll see what it yields down the line or someone will see if it’s not me. 50 pages of material is a result.

“So you've been away for a while. Do you have any questions for people you don't know? Or are you gonna slip into the same old tunnels as before? Voting durga off the bat looks lazy, not like an intentional way to gather reactions.” (Teacon)

I voted Durga before I read the game as a test. I changed my vote after I read to the current page # with a meta read I had formed at that point. It’s not lazy. A reaction test used to be standard form here before we all started putting furry hats on and cradling our comfort blankets. As for questioning other people. I've pointed stuff out throughout D1 as I feel fit.

“I think you're on to something w.r.t vash's meta, but there's problems. Eliminating a lurker D1 is not a productive course of action. Talking about it could be productive, but ultimately you don't get enough info from a D1 lurker kill.” (Teacon)

Maybe so, but that’s my read at the moment. I would say he is less of a lurker and more of someone falling into a specific read that I have had over the course of several years. If there is a better candidate then make your case. As anyone should. If the case is good enough or if the evidence is compelling enough then people will vote. That's the way the game works.

brainbomb

#1435 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:55 pm
The set up doesn't say how many scum there are. Is it 5?
7 scum would be 26%
it might be 6 or 7

Vecna

#1436 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:58 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:08 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:05 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:59 am
##vote neph
##vote Neph
I'm not sure I agree with this. I get where y'all are coming off, but I distinctly remember one game where I was sooooo sure Neph was scum and then they just weren't. This is probably that kind of situation.
So because you once were wrong on Neph, all future scumreads are also likely wrong? :?

Pretty bizarre argument lol

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1437 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Why do you find that “sus”? What should I be focused on? Do you think my posts are most likely to come from scum? Explain why.

I am not sheeping here. I liked the point that Flum made. I expanded on it. I’m not basing my vote on my confidence in Flum. I am voting my conscience.

Durga

#1438 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 pm

ND, literally fuck off and get my name out of your mouth. You came in and did nothing but call me trash at every moment, replied to all my posts with negative things to say, replied to EVERYONE ELSE'S posts with negative things about me, all the while I NEVER MENTIONED YOU let alone insulted you. And then when I decided I didn't want to play with someone who I *know* will attack me all game and then claim to be the victim, you cry as if you're the victim.

Youre straight up pathetic. So yeah. My vote is gonna be on you. Deal with it.

Vecna

#1439 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:18 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Here's the thing about town kgray...don't sheep her early reads. I'm 100% with you Vecna, until here.
What is with you undermining kgray? Like you've spent multiple posts discrediting her and saying her actions aren't scummy tho. I don't see you do that to other players.
Scum kgray I got a good look at last game. Not seeing it yet. Town kgray I’ve had the displeasure of being on the other side of her rage tunnels multiple times. When she’s not doing that, she’s good. But that’s all I’m seeing so far. Which is par for the course D1 town kgray. And now I’ve said it 3 times. Which is enough.
How was her argument against neph a rage tunnel lol?

worcej

#1440 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:41 pm
Alright, so far, here's what I have:

PDR Party Members: (7)
Celaph (hard town; based on the QT claim)
kgray
neph
vecna
worcej
Rdr
Bunny

null:(13)
aaro
balki
bonatogether
Damo
Durga
EMC
Flum
ghug
HR
Jamie
maniac
teacon
vashta

Fascists (3)
yoyo
chaqa
bozo

I am missing a couple. The rationale for the the fascist reads are lame, except for chaqa. A lot of it is coming from the conversation between them and Bunny. I want to go back over that before committing a vote.

I would add ND to the fascist list; kgray made some strong points about the pot-stirring being anti-town.
I don’t like how your scum leans in the list are lurkers only. Even if you call them lame, I would expect more people to at least have a lean of some sort than just ND.