M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#1401 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:41 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:01 am
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:00 am

I think I received it the day before the game started, but I didn't read it properly until the next day.
Then why didn't you know when the game would start?
I'm notoriously bad at knowing when things are. lots of people should back me on this lol
Can back him up on this - time management does not seem to be a skill Chaqa possesses.

Fluminator

#1402 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:16 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:11 pm
Other impressions:

Worcej usually posts what I was thinking. But this time he's posting a lot of sh*t. It's much more annoying than he usually is, but maybe he was bored holding his tongue last game as GM.

ND is annoying, but nothing he's done suggests to me that he knows what's going on.

kgray is not her normal self. I don't know what to make of that. The problem with D1s in general, and ESPECIALLY a D1 during the holiday. She's normally active, pushing, responding (both as scum and as town). So I guess it is holiday?

Aarodactyl is roughly what I'd expect him to do either as town or scum. I expect he'll be pretty decent at this game if he commits to it. I have no read on him though.

Yoyo has not surprised me yet, I still expect the slot to change hands.

ghug seems a little off to me. I don't recall him ever making votes just because someone he didn't scumread annoyed him.

Flum seems like town Flum.

Durga seems like town Durga.

Vecna seems like town Vecna.

you (CELAPH) are town.

bozo isn't normal bozo yet. I'm waiting for him to clown it up.
what are scum flum and scum durga like?
Hmm. I've never played with scum durga, but last game when I reread her stuff as I took over she felt hesitant to me. I don't see that here.

Flum I don't think I've ever played with scum Flum either. But based on what I do know of him, I expect to see a slip that he knows too much and is bored. Sort of like scum damo.
Lol i was about to ask if you've ever seen my town game. Since my return it's been scum / 3P / dead ghost.

worcej

#1403 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:58 am
What do you think of my Jamie theory? reasonable, or too nitpicky rabbit hole?
The latter.

I don't think he's likely to claim it's in the town PM too after you call him on it if he's scum, so it might actually make me townread him.
Crazy conspiracy theory - it was all a ploy to help Jamie look towny after subbing into scum!bo’s slot.

brainbomb

#1404 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:19 pm

This long post by ND is an example of confirmation bias, versus natural adjustment

If its confirmation bias, then I am guilty of assuming ND has changed his attitude because he is scum.

if hes just changing because he realized hes been an ass and is gonna get murked for it, then its possible hes townie

worcej

#1405 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:22 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 pm
If someone who is not being an idiot would care to look back at a sample of my games, they would notice that as town, I often open with greetings to my Fellow Townsfolk. On the other hand, as scum, I often open with greetings to my Fellow Townspersons.

In this game I merely amended "Townsfolk" to "Communists" due to the fun flavour.
In a world where you are adapting your gameplay, this post makes me go :?
There's a huge difference between using a similar opening statement from game to game and trying to change how you read/listen/play the game to get better at being town.

Don't like this post from worcej.
Is there?

Because when I think people are making strong efforts to play entirely different, like limiting their post counts and trying to be as concise as possible and not engage in banter with other people as much as they have in the past, I don’t think their prior behaviors/posts should be mentioned on a way to towncred.

I don’t like how limited your assessment is on how hard Jamie is trying to change - go read the GT of last game, pretty sure I shoved his PMs into it.

worcej

#1406 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:24 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:57 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:02 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm
I don't especially buy ND 'just being himself' seeing as his attacks have gone beyond the usual people he always fights with and onto people like me who always had a tolerable and relatively amiable relationship with him, but maybe I just erased more about him from my memory
I dunno, with him from what I recall theres a clear trigger, escalation and resolution of his anger, it seems natural
What was the clear trigger/escalation/resolution of his anger that seemed natural to you in this game?
Neph already had said it by this post, unless you do what I do and post as you catch up...

teacon7

#1407 Post by teacon7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:25 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:34 pm
Everyone sits down with their furry hat on, sipping on their juice, holding mommy’s hand.

“OH MY GOD THE BAD MAN ND!” seems to be the general vibe from these care bears
Is there anything you could do to change that perception?
Being provocative allows you to get reactions that would fall outside the normal bounds of the game discourse. That’s why I do it.
What did you get out of it?
I’ve been away from the website for a year and maybe Vashta has played something since I am unaware about that has changed the narrative, but...

So you've been away for a while. Do you have any questions for people you don't know? Or are you gonna slip into the same old tunnels as before? Voting durga off the bat looks lazy, not like an intentional way to gather reactions.
if I do die D1 then someone needs to pressure Vashta because if he makes it to the end game as scum playing this way that is how the scum win. He’s done it before, I don’t remember the #, but it has to be watched.
I think you're on to something w.r.t vash's meta, but there's problems. Eliminating a lurker D1 is not a productive course of action. Talking about it could be productive, but ultimately you don't get enough info from a D1 lurker kill.

@vash - any thoughts on what ND said?

worcej

#1408 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:01 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:22 am
I am going to sleep now.
When I wake up, my posting limit for the remainder of D1 will be set at 30.
Oh god please don't do this again.
So do you now understand why I posted what I did before?

teacon7

#1409 Post by teacon7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:19 pm
This long post by ND is an example of confirmation bias, versus natural adjustment

If its confirmation bias, then I am guilty of assuming ND has changed his attitude because he is scum.

if hes just changing because he realized hes been an ass and is gonna get murked for it, then its possible hes townie
If you really think that, why did you talk about him feeling disenfranchised when you voted for him? It looks like you're trying to provoke him.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1410 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:07 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:20 am

Were you exaggerating in your post? Why?
Yes, I was exaggerating. I was trying to be funny. If I literally spent half my day giving energy to Bozo's post, I'd have a pissed-off employer.
I don’t really care whether your statement was literal. Was there truth behind this joke? Did you spend a bunch of time trying to decipher Bozo’s post?

It just seemed like an odd thing to emphasize. Possibly because you were trying to suggest to the thread “Hey thread, I’m really looking seriously at what people write and trying to puzzle solve,” which is what scum are trying to suggest to the thread. Only you picked a thing to emphasize that was a poor facsimile of actual puzzle solving.

worcej

#1411 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 am
I was told that damo is terrible as scum but he's not. I should try to figure out what his tell is by looking at last game.
Coasting imho.

brainbomb

#1412 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:32 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:

If you really think that, why did you talk about him feeling disenfranchised when you voted for him? It looks like you're trying to provoke him.
His change of tone feels unnatural and desperate. And if he were town, truly just disliking players and generally a grouch; I think he would probably not change just to appease.

worcej

#1413 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:32 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:04 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:59 am
##vote neph
Can you summarize your thoughts on Neph in one post for tired ghug? I'm leaning town on both of you, so I find this interesting.
It's mostly what I just said to Balki - he defended ND's actions in a weird way that wasn't accurate and seemed to assume he knew why ND was doing what he was doing without any reason to back it up.
Meta explains ND to me...

Fluminator

#1414 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:07 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:20 am

Were you exaggerating in your post? Why?
Yes, I was exaggerating. I was trying to be funny. If I literally spent half my day giving energy to Bozo's post, I'd have a pissed-off employer.
I don’t really care whether your statement was literal. Was there truth behind this joke? Did you spend a bunch of time trying to decipher Bozo’s post?

It just seemed like an odd thing to emphasize. Possibly because you were trying to suggest to the thread “Hey thread, I’m really looking seriously at what people write and trying to puzzle solve,” which is what scum are trying to suggest to the thread. Only you picked a thing to emphasize that was a poor facsimile of actual puzzle solving.
Bingo!

ND

#1415 Post by ND » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:35 pm

I'll respond to some of this

worcej

#1416 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:28 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:07 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:04 am

Why did you pick these three as the ones who've done jack?
I looked at peterbot, and they seemed like the ones that people expected more posts from. Vashta and Dargo haven't been mentioned in ages.
Maybe because Dargo is a GM? And Vashta have been mentioned a lot more then his appearance. Weird post.
Rdr - did you think this was forced or just a mistake?

teacon7

#1417 Post by teacon7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:32 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:

His change of tone feels unnatural and desperate. And if he were town, truly just disliking players and generally a grouch; I think he would probably not change just to appease.
Are you trying to provoke the guy? What good would that do?

worcej

#1418 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:31 am
Im off today at 1 hour before end of day.
Otherwise im gonna be swamped busy working at office depot. Or at least supposedly were gonna be very busy.
Office Depot’s still exist?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1419 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:43 pm

##vote Hamilton Brian

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1420 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:44 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Bingo!
[/quote]

I would assert that what is odd is that of ALL the posts that have been made, you both take this instance of jackassery as a suggested scum tell. That might be the bigger scumtell.